Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Cataclysm refugees

+6
Cathee Norris
Grufftoof
Valerias
Gunnell
Ephitos / Amarachus
Braiden
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] Cataclysm refugees  Empty [A] Cataclysm refugees

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:20 pm

I have plans for setting up a shelter for refugees at Westbrook Garrison. The reason for choosing the garrison is that most smaller towns have elemental spawning points in them and Westbrook Garrison being close to the cultist camp can bring some good cultist vs military action if there is people willing to play cultists.

For this event I'll need some soldiers (physical and magical), both mercenary and those already employed by Stormwind, refugees (aka anyone who have a hard time living in their city/town/house because of the current events), medics and when the rest is in place perhaps a few cultists.

Additional input is welcomed, if you feel you're up for taking part as any of the above mentioned functions reply here and I'll have you in mind once the dates are set.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

[A] Cataclysm refugees  Empty Re: [A] Cataclysm refugees

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Braiden wrote:I have plans for setting up a shelter for refugees at Westbrook Garrison. The reason for choosing the garrison is that most smaller towns have elemental spawning points in them and Westbrook Garrison being close to the cultist camp can bring some good cultist vs military action if there is people willing to play cultists.

For this event I'll need some soldiers (physical and magical), both mercenary and those already employed by Stormwind, refugees (aka anyone who have a hard time living in their city/town/house because of the current events), medics and when the rest is in place perhaps a few cultists.

Additional input is welcomed, if you feel you're up for taking part as any of the above mentioned functions reply here and I'll have you in mind once the dates are set.

Not trying to be a dick but..
Blazing Shields and Dark Sphere are exactly what you have said, and the title you have picked is misleading.
A refugee camp WOULD be a good idea, you could play rejected "People" of all races looking for a new home, this home would have to be found.
Meaning the representatives of every faction would have to convene and offer places/solutions.
I just thought the title and what you have enclosed in the message were quite separate.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:
Braiden wrote:I have plans for setting up a shelter for refugees at Westbrook Garrison. The reason for choosing the garrison is that most smaller towns have elemental spawning points in them and Westbrook Garrison being close to the cultist camp can bring some good cultist vs military action if there is people willing to play cultists.

Not trying to be a dick but..
Blazing Shields and Dark Sphere are exactly what you have said, and the title you have picked is misleading.
A refugee camp WOULD be a good idea, you could play rejected "People" of all races looking for a new home, this home would have to be found.
Meaning the representatives of every faction would have to convene and offer places/solutions.
I just thought the title and what you have enclosed in the message were quite separate.

To be honest, aren't the Sphere more like the IRA/Terrorists than.. well, proper cultists? I also think he was more refering to the Twilight Hammer seeing as how.. well, they're the main antagonist mooks of Cataclysm and getting people to make disposable Twilight and.. Stormwind Militia as well I suppose.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:04 pm

But I don't get where a shelter with refugees to military action comes in?
I understand you will need guards, but Westbrook belongs to Stormwind city, so Stormwind City guards should be appointed.
And the Twilight Hammer operate yes all over Azeroth, But I highly doubt they have any form of influence in and around Stormwind , as they tend to be based in Kalimdor mainly.
Maybe after Cataclysm occurs then the changes would be vast enough , until then I would disagree with the whole "soldiers vs cultists" by Westbrook idea.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:And the Twilight Hammer operate yes all over Azeroth, But I highly doubt they have any form of influence in and around Stormwind , as they tend to be based in Kalimdor mainly.

Do the quest chain in Stormwind - the doomsayers running around releasing elementals in Stormwind are exactly that.

Last edited by Aniane on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:But I don't get where a shelter with refugees to military action comes in?

Elementals attack towns. Civilians flee. Refugee camps established. Army goes into clear out the towns/keeps them sage.

I understand you will need guards, but Westbrook belongs to Stormwind city, so Stormwind City guards should be appointed.
He didn't scrawl in big, bold, text; "NO BLAZING SHIELDS/DISCIPLES YOU CANNOT ATTEND. I WANT OTHER GUARDS, NO YOU!"

And the Twilight Hammer operate yes all over Azeroth, But I highly doubt they have any form of influence in and around Stormwind , as they tend to be based in Kalimdor mainly.

The Twilight Hammer are expanding massively in Cataclysm as they're the main antagonist faction of mooks, heck even
Spoiler:
is revealed to be one of their leading members and many of the
Spoiler:
as well.

Also: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/october/elemental4_2.jpg

Maybe after Cataclysm occurs then the changes would be vast enough , until then I would disagree with the whole "soldiers vs cultists" by Westbrook idea.

Elementals are already laying waste to cities and towns as a part of the pre-event, as well as cultist gatherings appearing outside of cities: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/october/elemental2_1.jpg

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Aniane wrote:
Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:And the Twilight Hammer operate yes all over Azeroth, But I highly doubt they have any form of influence in and around Stormwind , as they tend to be based in Kalimdor mainly.

Do the quest chain in Stormwind - the doomsayers running around releasing elementals in Stormwind are exactly that.

As to the idea of a refugee shelter, sounds like an excellent idea if people are interested. Only issue I'd have with Westbrook is that it's literally right next to the Twilight's Hammer camp. What about Eastvale or, shocking as the idea is, Goldshire or Northshire?

Doomsayers aren't a threat that is addressed with a military manner.
I'v always wanted to see Eastvale populated, there's a military tower and a nice little villageish looking area, would be quite the place for a new RP hub!
I'd be happy to help with any out of game matters, I have time but can't play.
Smile

And Gunnell, you should be less emotional about forum threads. My opinion is my own and it doesn't require your scrutiny. If I made mistake in fact, then address it so. "The Twilight Hammer are expanding massively in Cataclysm"
As you can very well see Cataclysm HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.
The fact that Archbishop is revealed proves nothing because In Characterly you WILL NOT know that, Try to speak of events that haven't occurred yet less. Yes eventually it will happen, but what this event is about is to happen before Cataclysm, So that means you don't apply Cataclysm lore or knowledge if it's before the expansion Very Happy
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:Doomsayers aren't a threat that is addressed with a military manner.

I think Stormwind would currently disagree, considering that the city's under martial law to protect people from cultists and zealots, riots and violence.

However, so much derailing! I'll try to come back with some thoughts on the actual event/idea shortly.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Aniane wrote:
Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:Doomsayers aren't a threat that is addressed with a military manner.

I think Stormwind would currently disagree. However, so much derailing! I'll try to come back with some thoughts on the actual event/idea shortly.

Right well you want to involve Cataclysm before it's even out give me a call.
I like the refugee idea because it would prove realistic on how the earthquakes are destroying homes and there is political / social upheaval.
I don't see a point in the military part yet, unless it was a sort of
"Cultists came down, burned half the camp down, the people armed themselves and went out for revenge" type thing..
I dunno, that's my opinion. Hope it helped.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:25 pm

"Cultists came down, burned half the camp down, the people armed themselves and went out for revenge" type thing..

Elementals: http://www.wowwiki.com/Elemental_Invasion

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:

Elementals: http://www.wowwiki.com/Elemental_Invasion

"This Article is a Cataclysm"..
I think you should read what I said.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:32 pm

If you logged in game you'd see that these events are happening now, I think that's the point Gunnell is making.

The invasion IS happening now. The "Cata" on wowpedia etc refers to events that happen "for Cataclysm" in it's sphere.

And Ephitos, please spoiler your thing about
Spoiler:
. ta.

And as for the refugee idea, I think its great. Theres intrigue there, discord and stuff spread in the camps. Theres the chance for crime, petty and major. There's the chance for civil unrest. The people are scared. Scared people act like a mob. A pack of animals.

Last edited by grufftoof on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Cataclysm might not be out yet, but the Cataclysm is currently happening, as elementals and cultists are both threatening the citizens. Not having the military take action is kinda.. odd.

I know I support the idea at least. Makes most sense that someone take action. Things are kind of chaotic after all, thanks to cultists and elementals.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm

The pre-Cataclysm elemental invasion has already happened in game, Ephitos. If you're not playing WoW currently it's an understandable mistake, but you should really be more informed before making assertions.

The idea of a refugee camp, of cultists potentially attacking it (with or without elementals) and guards/soldiers needing to defend the refugees is entirely in line with what's happening in game right now.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm for the idea of a new RP hub and would be happy to help out any way I can.
No more derailing from me Very Happy
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm

My take on it is that in some manner Twilights Hammer will need to be addressed with force, especially since they're friggin releasing elementals into Stormwind. Were the military comes into the shelter part is first as protection,and as Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham said clearing out nearby towns and stormwind city itself (tough the latter part will most likely not be organized by me at least). Twilights hammer would likely see shelters as a new potential target for releasing elementals, hence the protection part.

Anyhow back to topic, are there people interested in participating? As soon as I know how much interest there seems to be I'll start grinding down the details.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm interested for sure as part of the protection or dealing with cultists/elementals. There's a doomsayer guild formed to keep all the doomsayer/cultist RPers together aswell by some guy named Loku, look out for him.
Also from what I've seen Blazing Shields are kinda dead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Love the idea. SI:7 are already working overtime and coffee is brewing at rate of 6 pots an hour.

If there's anything I or my guys can help with let us know. Or if you just need a hand with organisation ect.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 am

Perturbo wrote:I'm interested for sure as part of the protection or dealing with cultists/elementals.
Great, I'll add you to the "list". pirat

Perturbo wrote:There's a doomsayer guild formed to keep all the doomsayer/cultist RPers together aswell by some guy named Loku, look out for him.
I didnt know that, I'll try to get a hold of him asap to organize it on both parts. Thanks for telling me.

Jayse wrote:Love the idea. SI:7 are already working overtime and coffee is brewing at rate of 6 pots an hour.

If there's anything I or my guys can help with let us know. Or if you just need a hand with organisation ect.
There might be a bit of intellegence gathering and stealth missions involved, I'll be in touch Cool

Is there any intrest from refugees or civilians willing to round up refugees and help them get to the camp?
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:09 am

Do not forget to contact the press !!
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:24 am

The event will start off with a public announcement ICly on these forums, if the press wants in theyre free to join in Wink

As soon as I have talked a bit with the cultist movement I'll make an announcement, the date I have in mind right now is this Tuesday (4th of november) and forward as long as there is still intrest.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:29 am

What date sorry? 4th of November is today sir Wink
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:30 am

Oh, I was thinking one thing and wrote another, tuesday should be the 9th Razz
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:02 am

Sign me up and my little bunch of guards from the City Guard under the leadership of Cpt. Allaric Raelas.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:33 am

Great that means we got some soldiers, intellegence gatherers and the press (of course more players in any of these sections are welcome to join in). Gonna see if we can get us some cultists so that part is hopefully covered too. That leaves us refugees, medics, a cook or two and additional functions if there's other ideas.

Seems to be set for an awesome event.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next