Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cataclysm afoot?

+12
Quin
Rmuffn
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lavian
itsy
Geldar
Sanara
Antistia
Jayse
Valerias
Elloa
Cathee Norris
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Cataclysm afoot? Empty A Cataclysm afoot?

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm writing this in regards to all the quakes happening now, with Cataclysm so close. Some of you guys know that I've tried to sort a cultural festival. And I've been a good bit on the way to get it all done.

But.. I'm not going to hold it. Not before Cataclysm. I don't believe it makes any sense to have celebration events now, when everything ought to be in chaos, when everyone should ICly be terrified and insecure about what is going on. So I am simply going to wait with it until there might be an opportunity in Cataclysm. I think that makes more sense. And before I continue, a big thanks to all of you who offered to help. I will prod you and see if you have the time for it again later in Cataclysm I love you

Now, as I said, making celebration events makes no sense, at least in my eyes. But that shouldn't stop RP, not at all. I wanted to make this thread to discuss possible events that surrounds the quakes. The uncertainty and fear they cause. I have a few ideas myself of making small events where we gather a group of people, playing farmers that come to the Cathedral for healing as their farm collapsed ontop of them in one of the quakes. Such events would make the most sense right now, and it would also add to building up the excitement for Cataclysm.

Lastly I also wanted to make it known that from this point on, the Roaring Lion will only contain articles about the Cataclysm. So if anyone has ideas for articles and so, I'd be very grateful for some suggestions there too.

All in all, lets take the opportunity we have here. These quakes won't last forever. This kind of uncertainty and fear should be used for the short period of time we have it. Cultists should take advantage, Lighties should try to calm the masses, Council's should be discussing this one major issue, as all other issues would seem unimportant in comparison.

Lets use all this to make some fun RP! Write your ideas and suggestions!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

A Cataclysm afoot? Empty Re: A Cataclysm afoot?

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Another idea I had myself, would be a seminar where some wise person gather some people to try and calm them, talk about what is going on in a calm matter. Talk about life and death. I think that'd be a nice event, but I myself have never hosted such a thing so help would be appreciated.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:15 pm

I totaly agree with you Julia. It's indeed the ideal occasion to start interesting role play "supported" by Blizzard.

Another idea I had myself, would be a seminar where some wise person gather some people to try and calm them, talk about what is going on in a calm matter. Talk about life and death. I think that'd be a nice event, but I myself have never hosted such a thing so help would be appreciated.
I could prepare a draenish seminary about anxiety :p A little bit following the "anger seminary" i made before for Flashback events.

I've think also about a event like this :the destruction of a building somwhere, because of repetitive earthshocks. Could be an "old" building for example in Old town in Stormwind, or a house of Noble which have fallen in ruins and break the walls of the neighbourgh houses, or invading the streets with block of stones.
We need to find a place to welcome those who have lost their house, and maybe work together to repair the buildings broken.

Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm

That'd the lovely Elloa, if you could set something like that up, preferably open to any race though so I can attend to on Julia! Cause she's just one of my characters that are totally stressed out about all this.

This is an amazing opportunity to get some proper RP at the Cathedral. At least inside it, where priests, healers and medics could be present to take care of all the people hurt by the quakes. All the people who loose their home, and not to mention the people that are so terrified they become mentally stressed out, starting to hurt others and themselves. They could be taken down to the catacombs to calm down for a bit, having perhaps a priest pray with them to soothe their minds.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 pm

I think you're absolutely right in that this is a one-time event, these quakes, and we're having a great opportunity for RP that isn't the every day course of life. I'd love to see doomsayers in the streets, people actively worrying about what might happen, and the priest-types out in force trying to help. This is a fine chance for some madness, both good and bad!

As for specifics, I'm happy to help with anything regarding aid or counsel with Rohwyn - a bit swamped to host events myself, but just hit me up anyone with ideas, I'm happy to help!

Also, event-wise, I'm considering throwing wide the doors of the Blade and having an evening of 'Who cares if it's the end of the world coming up? Come get drunk.' It's the sort of consolation Annie would think people would want to have, anyway xD
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:23 pm

I love that Blade idea! Let me know if you need to advertised. Even if its a "celebration" event in a way, at the same time it isn't. So would gladly use that in the Lion ^^
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Thanks! I think I'll save the Blade idea awhile until we've had a chance for some more hype and in the hopes that people will create more hysteria - will probably try for mid-November and indeed not make it a 'celebration' but more of, uhm, reaction in a way?
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Another idea just randomly spawned now. Surely usage of drugs would increase, as people, terrified as they are, try to use that a solution?
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Well if people think the world is going to end everything would go out the window. Looting, wild sex with anyone, rioting, panic, people simply sitting on a porch and watching the world burn with mead. Afterall there's nothing you can do about it.

Of course it wil change when the elementals start bashing SW. People will have a reason to fight, defend thier homes or simply flee in terror to anywhere they feel safe.

Essentially Stormwind will be in a state of emergency. So just check through history and news threads for things like what happened in New Orleans and anything like the world over. All poeple are the same when it comes to something like this.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Jayse wrote:Well if people think the world is going to end everything would go out the window. Looting, wild sex with anyone, rioting, panic, people simply sitting on a porch and watching the world burn with mead. Afterall there's nothing you can do about it.

Of course it wil change when the elementals start bashing SW. People will have a reason to fight, defend thier homes or simply flee in terror to anywhere they feel safe.

Essentially Stormwind will be in a state of emergency. So just check through history and news threads for things like what happened in New Orleans and anything like the world over. All poeple are the same when it comes to something like this.

Or Berlin in '45... Great example too.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:07 pm

It's been suggested to me ICly that the quakes need investigating - not something done by the everyday commoner cowering in fear, I suppose, but I have no fear! Science shall guide me to victory!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Well if people think the world is going to end everything would go out the window. Looting, wild sex with anyone, rioting, panic, people simply sitting on a porch and watching the world burn with mead. Afterall there's nothing you can do about it.

Essentially Stormwind will be in a state of emergency. So just check through history and news threads for things like what happened in New Orleans and anything like the world over. All poeple are the same when it comes to something like this

<<

>>

-sneaks in-

Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis—usually only temporary—when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, and provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread. In most cases, military forces are deployed to quiet the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order. Generally, military personnel replace civil authorities and perform some or all of their functions. The constitution could be suspended, and in full-scale martial law, the highest ranking military General would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government.

A Cataclysm afoot? MartialLaw
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Jazeel will open a snake sanctuary to save the greatest species on Azeroth from the cataclysm
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 pm

The question is. Can farseers of lore look into the catacalysm in detail to any strained length? I was just musing the event or some preperation around that. Gives shamans their time to shine.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:24 pm

If Velen doesn't know exactly what is going on, no draenei does. But that doesn't mean that people wouldn't have IC theories and so on until the actual Cataclysm hits.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:50 pm

"There's been a shift in the ley lines, in the magic, something is going to happen." That's what I'm/us SB are sticking with for now.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Minor tremors do not herald the end of the world right away in my opinion. Especially as the citizens of azeroth are quite used to having demon invasions shocking their world, Giant tree'' exploding, Elementals running rampart around giant stretches of land, Having alien spice ships crash nearby and on top of all that had the trouble of a king up north raising their family's from the dead. Not to forget giant bugs burrowing underground nearby villages and slaughtering everyone who ventures outside from its borders. Dragon roaring in the night. And whatnot that has invaded or happened to Azeroth that would shook a normal world as we live in to the most of extremes of public terror

No in my option this is something new but I do not think the citizens of Azeroth would panic from this minor thing that so far affected nothing beside in the long run make some houses collapse. They probably know something is afoot once again and prepare before hand upon an all out war, With or without the horde to help them. They would start the war machine! Tighten up guard set in martial law, Set out a watchguard around the lands they have and fasten information gathering and control so when something does happen they can instantly jump ontop of it.

So the real panic would start when Deathwing himself sits upon the walls of Stormwind city. Before that it just another ordinary day in Azeroth with all its minor cataclysms and no person there has the idea of a real "cataclysm" is at hand. At most with the current situation they would blame the horde or alliance for the tremors.

But that is just what I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Julia wrote:If Velen doesn't know exactly what is going on, no draenei does. But that doesn't mean that people wouldn't have IC theories and so on until the actual Cataclysm hits.

He's a priest, and get's visions of the future. Not a shaman, I recall? But that's me. o/
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:55 pm

I agree with Rhebeca, I think it's abit early for doomsayers and "Who care's if the world's going end" type phrases, The Allliance has faced alot worse than earthquakes so I don't think they'd say it's over that quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Thrall is worried, that's enough reason for the horde?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Worried, not suicidal xD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:02 pm

After a week of quakes I am now screaming doom and death.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:24 pm

A quake every 6 min is a bit over the top, everything would be reduced to rubble by now, thus I rather view the quakes as once a day/two days.
Atleast my char doesn't do doomsaying. Not like they can do anything to counter these quakes anyway. I rather play out the other stuff that's going on now, aka:

In "The Shattering" by Christie Goldie a few interesting facts are revealed.

First of all, due to the war in Northrend both Stormwind and Orgrimmar are basically broke. (Not to mention the incredible casualties both sides took). This apparently brought forth a global truce between Alliance and Horde to cut their losses. (Not even fighting in AV or WSG lorewise)

The general Horde populace apparently also thinks Garrosh slew Arthas. (As if).
Saurfang decided to stay back in Grommash Hold @ Northrend. Whilst Garrosh returned with most of the troops, their fleet got struck by unnatural storms (wonder who caused that), sinking most ships, soldiers and the supplies they were bringing back.

Due to the events at the Wrathgate, Night elves shut down all trade lines from Ashenvale, making the Ogrimmar's supplies all the more dire. Garrosh wants to pick a fight, but Thrall and Cairne seek a more diplomatic way.

Alliance-wise its less bad. like previously mentioned there's mainly Stormwind being bankrupt, the Alliance apparently having a death-toll of 50.000 (mainly humans) after Northrend. Varian goes a bit emo for god knows what reason, and Anduin thus travels around spending some time with Jaina and Magni.

Sources:
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Those are some interesting facts, although I wouldn't view every quake as a massive one, just mild tremors like twice a day or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Twice a day? Under the duration of 3 hours the other night in Darnassus, there was probably 5-7 quakes. Now even in Azeroth that ought to be something. Not to mention that all the leaders gather to discuss the thing like a major crisis. Everything points to that it is a big thing. Not just an ordinary day.

And even if it was (which it isn't), it would be foolish to let the opportunity slip away. We don't know if we'll ever get quake effects on this scale ever again. And hopefully with some events and ideas we can come up with here, we can make it seem a bit more serious and real.

Last edited by Julia on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next