Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard

+10
Kristeas Sunbinder
Quin
Antistia
Geldar
Rmuffn
Kil'drakor
Rargnasha
Elloa
Eloresh
Gunnell
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard Empty Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard

Post by Gunnell Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard Kirja_wow_circleofhatred-2

With the appointment of Garrosh Hellscream as the new Warchief of the Horde, the mag'har has quickly set about establishing his vision for the New Horde. As Orgrimmar is reinforced with black metal, legions of fresh soldiers are raised, these young warriors eager for their first taste of combat and to see Azeroth reshaped in the vision of their leader.

This expansion does not go unoticed by the Grand Alliance, not least the neighbouring nation of Theramore. Despite the once quiet serenity that the Isle was known for in past years, the inner walls now ring with the sound of warmachines, construction and platemail boots marching through the streets. Having seen first hand the short-sighted, warmongering attitude of the new warchief, Lady Jaina Proudmoore has begun to reinforce the security of her nation and home and should it come too it; war. Whilst once believing in their leaders conviction to peace, the people of theramore have too often being left to ponder whether they were right to trust the New Horde; the loss of scouts and patrols to the Horde-allinged Stonemaul Ogres and Grimtotem Tribe, assaults on the garrison of northwatch and on their dwarven cousins within Bael'Modan, these 'isolated' incidents fuel the rapidly growing revanchist movement.

Now, the nation of Theramore is poised for war against the New Horde. Its elite ranks formed by veterans of the Battle of Mount Hyjal, warmachines granted by the dwarves of bael'modan and now reinforced by the kingdom of stormwind - The loss of Theramore would almost certainly crush the Alliance's presence in Kalimdor, something that its leaders would dare not allow.

------------

The Northwatch Vanguard is intended to be a series of events that will, hopefully, act as a prelude to the events of the Cataclysm expansion in regards to dustwallow marsh and the barrens on the server. Despite the various events that Blizzard throw at us, it does still seem rather wierd that in the space of one night Camp Taurajo has been burnt to the ground and a huge, long, highway have been forged through the middle of Dustwallow Marsh overnight. If nothing else these could just be nifty roleplaying and WPvP with some lore backing.

At the time of writing, things are still very much in the concept and ideas zone, with things being tossed back and forth in people’s heads. To put it simply our intentions are to host various events based around the primary locations that will be effected both general roleplaying and WPvP focused. This 'campaign' if you will, is set to be open to the roleplaying community however it is unlikely to be advertised on the Realm Forums due to the volatile nature of posting events (primarily PvP ones) there.

Expect for more information to be thrown out either this evening or tomorrow, however for now I am seeking to gather a list of both guilds and (to a lesser degree) individuals who would be interested in taking part in this - If it isn't blatantly obvious whom you are, then.. well.

Chapter one - Preperations for War

The call to arms has been sounded as the ranks of theramore await the arrival of reinforcements from their sister kingdoms across the ocean, bringing soldiers, war machines and supplies for the campaigns ahead. The assembled army gathers inside of the portcity, awaiting the inevitable orders to march onward. Meanwhile, Warchief Garrosh Hellscream continues to reinforce his territories in preperation for conflict with the Alliance, one such force destined for the large encampment of Turaujo makes ready to leave from the capital of Orgrimmar..

Preparations for War will, of course, be the first part of the campaign, based primarily around roleplay between the assembled in your own faction. The mainstay of this event will involve a march between your factions home territory and the destination, after which a skirmish between the factions will ensue.

Alliance

The assembled Alliance forces will gather in Theramore Isle. During this time they will be split into two groups. One force will take the roads through Dustwallow Marsh, their intended destination being the dwarven fortress of Bael'Modan. The other will split off from their sister group and follow the shore to Northwatch Keep. After arriving at their respective destinations, they will be met a short while after by scouting forces of the Horde, demanding to know the reasons for their sudden reinforcement of the strongholds. The response? Steel. After the skirmish has concluded the Alliance soldiers remain within their respective fortress, awaiting a new day..

Horde

The Horde forces will gather at the Crossroads and begin to march in the direction of Camp Taurajo. After reaching the wooden bridge that separates midsection of the barren wastes, one group shall split off in order to investigate and report on the current garrison of Northwatch Keep whilst the second continues to march onward to Bael'Modan with a similar goal. Upon arriving at their targets, the Horde forces are surprised to meet with the sudden build up of forces. Alerted to their presence the Alliance stand on-guard, awaiting an inevitable assault by their foes..

Chapter Two - To be announced..

- TO BE UPDATED SHORTLY -

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard Empty Re: Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard

Post by Eloresh Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:03 pm

I look forward to see more about this, count with me and my alts to fight in these events Smile
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard Empty Re: Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard

Post by Elloa Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:46 pm

if you can invite the reporters Alakina and Elloa, it would be awsome =)
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Elloa wrote:if you can invite the reporters Alakina and Elloa, it would be awsome =)

Reporters...to a battlefield?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Perturbo wrote:
Elloa wrote:if you can invite the reporters Alakina and Elloa, it would be awsome =)

1:10

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:29 pm

This post may contain spoilers

Hello there! Looking forwards to see what'll this come to! However, a little quickie, after reading some of the quests for the Theramore expansion into the Barrens, I've gotten the impression that it was done as a suprise attack (therefor the lack of propper horde opposition, until it was too late and the tauren camp wiped out), is this anything you know more about or have taken into consideration? Or isen't it held in so high regard? =)

Anyhow, looking forwards to see you guys on the field of battle, be it before or after cataclysm hits! \o
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 am

Hrm. I'd say that's just details. Wouldn't mind if we bend the explanation given by Blizzard into something more fruitful for role-play. I do have one question though; how do you plan on razing Camp Taurajo when you're obviously gonna lose! Twisted Evil

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:17 am

Gnash wrote:Hrm. I'd say that's just details. Wouldn't mind if we bend the explanation given by Blizzard into something more fruitful for role-play. I do have one question though; how do you plan on razing Camp Taurajo when you're obviously gonna lose! Twisted Evil

Lore-back up.

I am very much for this event, Gunnell. But from experience people dislike "pre-decided" WPvP. So I'll just see how this one floats, and if it manage to not sink. I'll attend the events. Very Happy

Best of luck!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:27 pm

That's call War reporter if I'm not mistaking ? A very dangerous job, I must admit.

Prelude to Cataclysm - The Northwatch Vanguard Nbc_richard_engel
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Angie wrote:

I am very much for this event, Gunnell. But from experience people dislike "pre-decided" WPvP.

Ultimately though, this pre-decided stuff is better than nothing at all no? I'm not a massive fan of it myself but what the hoo-harr.

I'm considering leaving the 'deeper' details of the event only to those who will assist in organsiation however if only to have some form of suprise.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

I've gotten the impression that it was done as a suprise attack (therefor the lack of propper horde opposition, until it was too late and the tauren camp wiped out), is this anything you know more about or have taken into consideration? Or isen't it held in so high regard? =)

I think building a highway to the Barrens from which they would drive the armored columns would have been noticed, then again, nothing is that clear yet since we haven't played out the quest lines to see all of the details. But if that is the case with a 'suprise' attack, then damn. BLIZKRIEG IN THE BARRENS! -puts on Ghost Division-

But really, the events here sound like a good opportunity for RP & PvP so lets see what we can do to help Graham polish the concept and then have some ossum RP PvP in the zones before the world blows up. I for one, cannot wait! D:
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Geldar wrote:
I've gotten the impression that it was done as a suprise attack (therefor the lack of propper horde opposition, until it was too late and the tauren camp wiped out), is this anything you know more about or have taken into consideration? Or isen't it held in so high regard? =)

I think building a highway to the Barrens from which they would drive the armored columns would have been noticed, then again, nothing is that clear yet since we haven't played out the quest lines to see all of the details. But if that is the case with a 'suprise' attack, then damn. BLIZKRIEG IN THE BARRENS! -puts on Ghost Division-

But really, the events here sound like a good opportunity for RP & PvP so lets see what we can do to help Graham polish the concept and then have some ossum RP PvP in the zones before the world blows up. I for one, cannot wait! D:

Blitzkrieg in the Barrens? I counter with scorched earth, win.. Summer, moving our industry beyond the Ur.. Beyond that wall which will separate Mulgore and the Barrens, lend lease from the Forsaken and Belves + once we're beating you back amphibious landings in Dustwallow Marsh by the Forsaken and the Belves.

Your turn. Razz
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:48 pm

I dont care, just give me wpvp and a not too shitty story and I'm happy.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Antistia wrote:
Geldar wrote:

Blitzkrieg in the Barrens? I counter with scorched earth, win.. Summer, moving our industry beyond the Ur.. Beyond that wall which will separate Mulgore and the Barrens, lend lease from the Forsaken and Belves + once we're beating you back amphibious landings in Dustwallow Marsh by the Forsaken and the Belves.

Your turn. Razz

Then we will employ Shock Tactics and bring out the big guns in the form of the Skybreakers and gnomish plans for Vertical envelopment, you will see a storm of iron landing on your belf and forsaken allies. Not to mention that the trade, supply routes are already established. -points at the highway and the supply lines from Stormwind Harbour- Oh and before you say you will be able to take those out, do take a look at the naval power of the humans.

In the end, total air dominance as the armored columns roll over the dusty plains under the sounds of Ghost Division playing in the back.

Fast as the wind
The Invasion has begun
Shaking the ground
With a force of 1000 guns

First in the line of fire
First into hostile land
Tanks leading the way
Leading the way

Charging the lines with a force of a furious storm
Fast as the lightning phantom's swarm
200 miles at nightfall taken within a day
Thus earning their name, earning their fame

They are the Panzer Elite
Born to compete
Never retreat
(Ghost Division)
Living or dead
Always ahead
Fed by your dread

PS: Gief rp pvp nao!111111111

PSS: Big flaw on your scorched earth tactics by the way. Our tanks run on steam, not oil. Thats why they are STEAM tanks. And water can be found everywhere!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Ogre guerilla warfare, do I need to say more?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Geldar wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Geldar wrote:

Your turn. Razz

Then we will employ Shock Tactics and bring out the big guns in the form of the Skybreakers and gnomish plans for Vertical envelopment, you will see a storm of iron landing on your belf and forsaken allies. Not to mention that the trade, supply routes are already established. -points at the highway and the supply lines from Stormwind Harbour- Oh and before you say you will be able to take those out, do take a look at the naval power of the humans.

In the end, total air dominance as the armored columns roll over the dusty plains under the sounds of Ghost Division playing in the back.

Fast as the wind
The Invasion has begun
Shaking the ground
With a force of 1000 guns

First in the line of fire
First into hostile land
Tanks leading the way
Leading the way

Charging the lines with a force of a furious storm
Fast as the lightning phantom's swarm
200 miles at nightfall taken within a day
Thus earning their name, earning their fame

They are the Panzer Elite
Born to compete
Never retreat
(Ghost Division)
Living or dead
Always ahead
Fed by your dread

PS: Gief rp pvp nao!111111111

PSS: Big flaw on your scorched earth tactics by the way. Our tanks run on steam, not oil. Thats why they are STEAM tanks. And water can be found everywhere!

We will drop the big one on Theramore and fire that awesome cannon in Bilgewater harbor. Pocket nukes are doable too.

PS: You need food to survive. Supply lines and Ogre guerilla warfare.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 pm

At this time I have looking for a couple of Horde individuals whom would be interested in moderating their side of the pond. Those interested should drop a note here or in a PM.

Pastah.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Interested in moderating from the Horde side, though I reckon we should talk it through a bit more in depth, anyhow, I'll send you my real ID and then we can have a chat over Wow one of the few comming days. =) See you online.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 am

i have one simple question.

Cata, or pre-cata?

oh, and if i recall, all military 'acts' such as varian invading central kalimdor's east coast, follow the cataclysm, not preceede it.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:05 am

Krogon wrote:i have one simple question.

Cata, or pre-cata?

oh, and if i recall, all military 'acts' such as varian invading central kalimdor's east coast, follow the cataclysm, not preceede it.

They are playing it out..... Whole point of this thread I think o.O

And Gunnel, Graham, Whatever. Best of luck with this, if Brotherhood can get involved. Give one of us a shout.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:19 am

I've been fortunant enough to have a friend with Beta acess who said he might give these things a looker, so that we can see how the quests are themed etc.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:56 am

This : my answer in the post concerning the novel

I think there is many events we could do with what we know, and it might be more accurate to RP that, than taking risk and mess up with the Lore.

Of course, all events would be fun. But Maybe as we know now, more of the Lore with the summaries of the new novel, it might be a good thing to focus on that ??
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:13 am

I have previously stated that I personally WILL bend lore to benefit the player. So i don't see how "messing with it" sounds bad. Lore is a frame for us to work in. I think we should be able to bend it with a universal agreement between majority of Role - Players. Hence if Ephitos saids he did x,y and z. And if player B disagrees, then Ephitos can refer to player C and C for assurance that this is the "new" agreement, Although this sounds stupid, I think bending lore is better than sticking to the lore given. In my belief, the lore given is to simply "play", it isnt created specifically for role-playing, hence it SHOULD / COULD be twisted / bent / manipulated to fit the purposes of World PvP scenarios.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 am

I understand your point of view. But when we have such a mine of events possibilities, why not focus on that instead of making our own. It's more fun (in my eyes atleast) to respect the Lore and to really feel it fit well.
Often, we have not enough informations, so we have to make our own. But here, we have a lot of informations, and in the time of 10 min, I got severals ideas of events. So I guess that experiemented event holders, if they read the novel summaries on Wo insider, will find themself a lot of ideas to organise their events.

But also, I'm not against the previous proposition. Far from it, and if the community on Defias choose to bend teh Lore in that way or in that way, i'll follow the group. It's more that I find a little bit sad, to not take advantage of a so rich source of information and miss some awsome RP possibilities fitting the Lore.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Yeah I get what you're saying, but I think allowing people to be creative with the official Blizz Lore is the best choice. If I for example had a better alternative to a small event within Cata, then why not use it?
But that's just an example. I am generally a lazy bugger and that won't happen Very Happy
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next