Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "other game thread"

+76
Malchiel
The Z
Rmuffn
Dréfurion
Maelmoor
bloop
Drustai
Shaelyssa
Ataris
Baròth / Olian
The Misty Beast
Morty
Killian
Ave/Sariella
Feydor
itsy
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Dangadil Stormhead
Sophie
Morgeth
Gahalla
Krogon Devilstep
Guldujenu
Raelan
Unknown
Kil'drakor
Morinth
Seranita
Wigumoto
Guillemot
Cyaska
Jomir
Muzjhath
Ixirar
Geneviève
Khendran
Amaryl
Nithel
Mikasa
Shadowpope
Nayan
Dharum
Jeanpierre
Lavian
Dorik Thunderbelly
Nathiniós
Ironherald
Kristeas Sunbinder
Uatan/Puaar
Saevir
Elloa
Antistia
Navoe
Gesh
Munro Bruys
-Flacon
Grufftoof
Gogol
Darilas
Chase - Esou
Halya
Quin
Lini
Neyvin/Noxie
Mandui
Flo
Jayse
Sir Lancelot
Aniella Nightwhisper
Etular
Sanara
Ralegh
Gunnell
Millana
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Kozgugore Feraleye
80 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The "other game thread" - Page 19 Empty Re: The "other game thread"

Post by Flo Wed May 04, 2011 7:14 pm

The "other game thread" - Page 19 Screenshot-001-kaidan_shepard_liara-p

Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone’s expectations.” - Casey Hudson, Executive Producer Mass Effect series

Seems they got extra developement time. And also not a huge surprise given the metric shit-ton of games that's being driven down our throats this year.

If you need a dose now, check out the Gameinformer hub for some nice, grounded, interviews and extras.

The "other game thread" - Page 19 Concept-001-may4-p
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathiniós Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012.
The "other game thread" - Page 19 12797910
Nathiniós
Nathiniós

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Thu May 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Gameinformer's on a roll.

The "other game thread" - Page 19 15861

Ezïo. Again. <.> AC.. 2.3(?), promised as his see-off in the series, although I was under the impression they said that with Brotherhood aswell; we'll probably end up playing him in a wheelchair at this rate. There's some mention of mixing things up with Altaïr and Desmond segments, while set in Constantinople.

I swear to god if it has another city management part I'll cut myself.

More.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 am

Rift. Honest opinions please! Neutral I'm torn over whether to give it a bash, as quite a few of my guild members have been playing it between pirate events, and I feel like I'm missing something. I know that it's just like WoW, with shiny graphics, but are the class systems fun? I'm very tempted to get it and play a Blade Dancer, for those occasions when I've no one to talk to on WoW!
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 am

I know a few people who "left" WoW to play Rift. They may still have accounts there, but no longer actively play it.

There was a big rush of people to try it. Not only because it was "new" (all MMOs seem to get at least the "free 30 day game time" worth of play) but because Cata content and WoW was boring quite a few people after silly fast levelling etc.

I tried it. The world did not grab me. The story, the idea. The game lacks any soul. I was never a "Warcraft Lore" person prior to WoW. But at least the world "worked" to a better extent. There's potential in Rift, with the "steampunk and tech" style aspects of one of the factions, and the "light and magic" of the other side... but I didn't feel any interesting pull. Nothing made me want to know more, and quests seemed (up to the point I played) dull, confused, or simple.

It has a very "WoW" feel in some aspects of game. Taking some things WoW does very well, and with regards the UI etc, it actually makes improvements to the "standard" setup Blizz gives us. But that's obviously gonna be the case I guess. And may in part be a problem for Rift too... it's just "too like WoW" in some ways... but not WoW. If that makes sense? Not enough difference to make it worth the play when there's still enjoyment in the existing WoW world

Sure some of the animations, spell casting and models look nice. But so do those in DDO to be honest, and that's free. Or AoC, and that's shit too.

The "class system" is interesting, but flawed. With little explanation of what you're getting "yourself into". Admittedly WoW was terrible at this, but has recently made the levelling of new classes/roles (especially for new players) so much easier to understand (yes, you could say "simplified" but to be fair, that's not a bad idea in some regards).

There's interesting ideas like healing dps classes (which actually DO dps AND heal, rather than do either or as a hybrid), "tanking rogues" too, things like that... but really is more and massive choice a huge bonus? Doesn't a fantasy setting like these games need really what D&D gave us with the basic classes, and not much more? Thief, healer, tank, ranged, mage...

A final killer for me was the fact that even the designers (or was it publishers?) even said at some point that they saw Rift as a WoW killer. That's suicide... and silly. And makes every little fault seem so dramatically magnified.

At least it didn't ship in an almost unplayable bugged state, like AoC for example. That's a positive!
Something like that anyway.

Rift, worth a try out if you can for free. Not worth the money, imho.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue May 10, 2011 10:05 am

Hmm.. mixed reviews on Brink. Hard to tell who's being honest as each review is so different from the other.

Also.. first hints of SplinterCell 6 *bounces*
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 am

Looking forward to Medal of Honor 2! I'm in a minority of preferring MoH to black ops.
Killian
Killian

Character sheet
Name: Killian Roque
Title: Si:7 Operative

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue May 10, 2011 12:14 pm

grufftoof wrote:I know a few people who "left" WoW to play Rift. They may still have accounts there, but no longer actively play it.

There was a big rush of people to try it. Not only because it was "new" (all MMOs seem to get at least the "free 30 day game time" worth of play) but because Cata content and WoW was boring quite a few people after silly fast levelling etc.

I tried it. The world did not grab me. The story, the idea. The game lacks any soul. I was never a "Warcraft Lore" person prior to WoW. But at least the world "worked" to a better extent. There's potential in Rift, with the "steampunk and tech" style aspects of one of the factions, and the "light and magic" of the other side... but I didn't feel any interesting pull. Nothing made me want to know more, and quests seemed (up to the point I played) dull, confused, or simple.

It has a very "WoW" feel in some aspects of game. Taking some things WoW does very well, and with regards the UI etc, it actually makes improvements to the "standard" setup Blizz gives us. But that's obviously gonna be the case I guess. And may in part be a problem for Rift too... it's just "too like WoW" in some ways... but not WoW. If that makes sense? Not enough difference to make it worth the play when there's still enjoyment in the existing WoW world

Sure some of the animations, spell casting and models look nice. But so do those in DDO to be honest, and that's free. Or AoC, and that's shit too.

The "class system" is interesting, but flawed. With little explanation of what you're getting "yourself into". Admittedly WoW was terrible at this, but has recently made the levelling of new classes/roles (especially for new players) so much easier to understand (yes, you could say "simplified" but to be fair, that's not a bad idea in some regards).

There's interesting ideas like healing dps classes (which actually DO dps AND heal, rather than do either or as a hybrid), "tanking rogues" too, things like that... but really is more and massive choice a huge bonus? Doesn't a fantasy setting like these games need really what D&D gave us with the basic classes, and not much more? Thief, healer, tank, ranged, mage...

A final killer for me was the fact that even the designers (or was it publishers?) even said at some point that they saw Rift as a WoW killer. That's suicide... and silly. And makes every little fault seem so dramatically magnified.

At least it didn't ship in an almost unplayable bugged state, like AoC for example. That's a positive!

Thanks! Very Happy

I know a lot of people enjoy it as a little break from WoW, or just like the shinier graphics for RP, etc. I'll give it a bash when I'm not RP'ing on WoW and see how it goes. I've had a look at the class system, and tbh, it completely confused me. I'd rather just choose the one spec within a class, rather than mulitple. Neutral Makes for less headaches.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue May 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Played rift up a bit, got bored fast. It has the wow vanilla feel, thats it.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue May 10, 2011 2:42 pm

I know a few people who "left" WoW to play Rift. They may still have accounts there, but no longer actively play it.

The only thing disapointing in Rift is the community. If I've not find a single "moron" or "bastard", while we can find plenty of them in WOW, I've found the community in Rift silent, and shy. WHich is a bit sad, because Rift requiere a lot of players to enjoy really the game at his full potential.

But appart of this I found Rift extremely nice and fun to play. The atmosphere of the zone is great. The Light in particuliar.
The soul system is totaly awesome : finaly a game where you can experiement and try out new or crazy spec! Finaly a game where you can be "ranged -tank" or "healer-dps"!

I'm very tempted to get it and play a Blade Dancer, for those occasions when I've no one to talk to on WoW!
if you play Rift, you can have 4 differents roles, and you will not only play one spec. The interest of this game is to play arround with a lot of different spec, and combine your soul as you want them. This is what make the game so different and so fun.

And the Rift events really put some life in teh game. Atleast when there was more poeple/zone. The first week, teh Rift hunting and the invasion where really great and very fun.

At the moment I prefer Rift than WOW, but that's also maybe because I've played WOW 6 years, and I'm starting to be really tired of it. Now, I don't think "Rift" is a better game than WOW. It's just different and its difference is really refreshing.
Here is a article on my forum : What's Rift?

--------------------------------
--------------------------------

Now the game I really really really want to play is : TERA! This game will be awesome. probably not a WOW killer either as the WOW player will stick WOW, but if I've enough friend which follow me, I'll certainly devote myself 100% in it!

Here another article on Whitestar forum, about Tera : I want to play Tera
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Tue May 10, 2011 3:16 pm

TERA's combat looks promising, and so does the rest of the game's system, but I just can't get past the horrendeously over the top style that it sports. GW2's art style I can stomach, but giant armored anime kittens battling women in red ridinghood get-ups our outfits that give the term "Stragetically placed" a whole new meaning? I'll pass, thanks. x)

Also, the Witcher 2 is looking good.

Very,

Very,

(nsfw)
Spoiler:
Good.

Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue May 10, 2011 3:20 pm

While you couldn't be a ranged tank, you could be "Healer-DPS" in Ragnarok Online, and Ultima Online aswell I belive (You.. just had to put down a lot of time for it in the latter option).

As for Rift, never seen it. Only seen a friend play it and my thoughts?
Looks, and seemed to play far to much like WoW for me even to be willing to pay an inch for it. Even with rifts and playing around with spec bits in it.

If I want a new MMO I want something different from WoW in how it plays Example, look between Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, and WoW. In how things play differently.
If it wasn't for the first person perspective I would be all over Mortal Online for such reasons.

Also, really need to try out TERA, since what I've seen from it looks great.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Tue May 10, 2011 4:10 pm

DWARFS?!

Also bought Hydrophobia, it's pretty cool.
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Dat ass, would almost make me forget about how AWFUL the witcher 1 was. Combat system? Ew. Character sheet? Ew.
I tried so hard to like it. Honestly.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue May 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Quin wrote:Dat ass
^
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 pm

TERA's combat looks promising, and so does the rest of the game's system, but I just can't get past the horrendeously over the top style that it sports. GW2's art style I can stomach, but giant armored anime kittens battling women in red ridinghood get-ups our outfits that give the term "Stragetically placed" a whole new meaning? I'll pass, thanks. x)
Well i understand that the very particular style of Tera is not for everyone. I myself not fan of super-big-boops girls more naked than armored, but I don't mind a anime style, and Elin are super cute <3 !!!

Also, really need to try out TERA, since what I've seen from it looks great.
I'll certainly create a Whitestar guild for Tera, so if you like, keep in touch with me Wink (just a suggestion by the way ^^)
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Wed May 11, 2011 10:13 am

On my screen your banner seems to pop out of the 'screen' so to speak. o_ô

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 am

I got to the chapter 2 in witcher 1 and just stopped, was starting to bore me. Is it really that good later on?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 am

I liked the book it was based on. If that helps. And by "like" I mean "managed to read because it wasn't terrible, really".
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed May 11, 2011 10:44 am

grufftoof wrote:And by "like" I mean "managed to read because it wasn't terrible, really".
You brit, you. <3
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Wed May 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Been.. 3 years since I last played it, I believe, so I might be seeing it through rose tinted goggles just a little. From what I recall though, Chapter 1 was a drag, while 2 and onward (especially 4) were what I really enjoyed. Gonna nab the enhanced edition from GoG later today to refresh my memory.

Mind that not having played tW1 doesn't seem to be a massive deal when it comes to tW2 tho, so don't stress it if you're not enjoying yourself.

Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed May 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Nayan wrote:
grufftoof wrote:And by "like" I mean "managed to read because it wasn't terrible, really".
You brit, you. <3

Φίλα μου τον κώλο. κατσίκα πρόσωπο.

Or something!

<3

Edit: As for games, currently playing IWD. I never did finish it, but did finish IWD2. So I'm enjoying the retro RP. I found a magic bag that conjures random pointless things. How exciting.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed May 11, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. (bet you read it in Tennant's voice, now) But this will have to be siggied. It's far too epic to let go. <3

And, on topic, WHERE IS MASS EFFECT 3!! O.O Playing EU3 still (got DW too, now). And some old DOS games. Re-finished Full Throttle. <3
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed May 11, 2011 12:50 pm

grufftoof wrote:
Nayan wrote:
You brit, you. <3

Φίλα μου τον κώλο. κατσίκα πρόσωπο.
*dies laughing*
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed May 11, 2011 12:55 pm

._.

It makes perfect sense, damn you and your silly squiggles.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next