Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruckus in Redridge! [Mafia Forum Game, sign-up thread, 5 spots left!]

+4
Morinth
Lyniath
Muzjhath
Carandor
8 posters

Go down

Ruckus in Redridge! [Mafia Forum Game, sign-up thread, 5 spots left!] Empty Ruckus in Redridge! [Mafia Forum Game, sign-up thread, 5 spots left!]

Post by Carandor Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 pm

It was business as usual in Lakeshire. Magistrate Solomon rubbed his temples as yet another queue had formed in front of his desk and stretching out of the Town Hall and into the street. There was never any pleasing these people. All they would complain about were taxes, or the smell of the lake, or litter, but never anything serious. Never anything exciting like... A murder. It was only ever Orcs or Gnolls or the occasional murloc attack. Solomon had sent his guards out to attack the Orcs and Gnolls and finally wipe them from the map.

Solmon soon wished that he hadn't done that. A panicked citizen ran up to him screaming "Help!! There's been a murder! The entire Johnson family has been ripped to pieces!". Solomon blinked. "By the light." He murmured, turning to his faithful bailiff. "Gather the townspeople, there are traitors among us and I won't take any chances!"

With that, all of Redridge was crammed into the town hall, and the fingers of suspicion fell everywhere. Just who were the murderers? How would they be dealt with?

Hello Defias Brotherhood!

Eodain here, just going to gather some interest in a forum game of Mafia with, of course, a Warcraft theme. I've always had a love for this game because it's one of suspicion, intrigue and mystery. You may already know the rules, but for the benefit of those who don't know, or who have never played before, here they are!

The basic concept is that an uninformed majority have to defeat the informed minority. For the purposes of simplicity, I'm going to refer to the uninformed majority as the Town, and the informed minority as the Mafia.

1. During the Day Phase, everyone who is alive may post in the Game Thread (Which will be seperate to this thread.) The Town must use their heads and their votes to try and lynch a member of the Mafia. Meanwhile, the Mafia must try and make the town lynch one of their own through the use of bluffing and lying.

2. When a majority is reached (50% of the players voting for the same person, or voting no lynch) the day instantly ends and night occurs. The accused player will be killed and can no longer post, and their role will be revealed upon death. When night falls, everybody goes home to "sleep" and nobody will be allowed to post in the thread. Meanwhile, someone will die during the night, murdered by the Mafia! However, other forces may be at work, too... For the benefit or the detriment of the Town. Night will also occur once the deadline (I'll probably give 3 real-time days, which will rise or lower depending on activity) is reached.

3. I will announce the results of the Night Phase, and then the cycle will repeat on Day 2, with the Town utilising their noggins and votes once more to try and discern who is a member of the Mafia, and kill them.

4. The game is won when the Town lynch all members of the mafia, or when the Mafia control 50% of the vote, effectively making it so that they can lynch one person per day without being able to be lynched themselves and trivialising the rest of the game.

The format of voting will go like this.
You must bold your vote so I can easily see it. vote: Cyndryn will count, but vote: Cyndryn will not.
You can also vote: No lynch to vote for nobody to die at the end of the day.

That's how to play the game, but what are the rules?

- Don't edit or delete posts. If you're found to do this you'll be warned and then killed if it happens again! *evil moustache twirl*
- Don't quote any communications with me (Your role PM, etc.)
- Don't let outside influences affect your perception of another player, I.E their character in-game. Eodain may be an SI:7 Agent in WoW but that doesn't mean Eodain in the Forum Game is going to be an SI Agent, he may just be a regular townsperson.
- Maintain the integrity of the game. Don't talk about the game outside of this thread unless you've got permission to do so - I know there is no way of enforcing this, but for the sake of the integrity of the game don't do it! If you're found to do it, you'll be instantly killed by me, mwahaha! If it's a serious breach, I might just end the game prematurely.
- Don't post in the game thread if you're
A: Not playing. This stops clutter.
B: Dead in-game. Even a simple "Bah!" or "Go Town/Mafia!" isn't allowed, post 'em in this thread if you'd like!
C: Don't post anything to do with the ongoing game in this thread until the game's over. In fact, pretend this thread doesn't exist until the game's over! (This stops any dead players from covertly helping their side, etc.)
- Most importantly, remember that it's just a game, and don't take any voting personally. If someone votes for you, don't hold it against them, you've likely just done something to rouse their suspicion!
- Also, just use the regular forum font and colour for posting. In particular, don't post in white or try to hide secret messages in posts (I've seen this done before!)

Now that's all done, are there any takers? Just let me know in this thread and I'll sign you up! The ideal amount of players I'd like is between 12-16. Don't be shy! Very Happy

If there are any questions or anything that needs clarifying, I'll answer them here too. Now step on up!

1. Muzjhath
2. Morinth
3. Tso
4. Shandrea
5. Lyniath
6. Lexgrad
7. Braiden

Last edited by Cyndryn/Eodain on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated player list, updated title)
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet
Name: Carandor Northstar
Title: Kaldorei Marine, and student of the Way

Back to top Go down

Ruckus in Redridge! [Mafia Forum Game, sign-up thread, 5 spots left!] Empty Re: Ruckus in Redridge! [Mafia Forum Game, sign-up thread, 5 spots left!]

Post by Muzjhath Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:49 pm

So, this is basicly the old "WAREWOLF" IRC game but for forums?
I'm in, used to spend hours playing that shit.

And I'm guessing the Mafia will be encuraged to use PM communitcation?
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Ruckus in Redridge! [Mafia Forum Game, sign-up thread, 5 spots left!] Empty Re: Ruckus in Redridge! [Mafia Forum Game, sign-up thread, 5 spots left!]

Post by Carandor Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Yep! I'll also make a chat channel on something called http://www.quicktopic.com/, the Mafia will be able to use this to communicate with each other freely without having to send mutliple PM's etc. to one another!
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:00 pm

How about the mafia instead be like a scourge/legion/twilight/beiber cult?
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Oh it will be, I just don't intend to give any spoilers Wink As I said, it will have a Warcraft flavour, and the Mafia will indeed be an evil organisation from the Warcraft universe. I just won't say which one. Wink
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:11 pm

AMG THIS LOOKS HILARIOUS.

Can I try? I've never done something like this. :<
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Of course you can!
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 pm

It generally is hilarious. I just wonder how outdrawn it'll be on a forum. It also feels like it might somewhat limits the amount of missdirection that can be spewed.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:12 pm

It translates extremely well onto forums - The advantage of looking at peoples' facial expressions when they are trying to tell a lie is taken away, and instead you have to rely on what they post and the results of the night/day to discern who is bad and who is good. ^^
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Well, I've only played it over IRC. And the good warewolfs/mafias/whatever players were those best at missdirection and manipulation. I wonder how that will go here.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:22 pm

I've played a few forum mafia's and all have been a blast. Wink
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:46 am

I guess I'm up for it!
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:20 am

*stamp of approval*

Count me in!
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:06 am

Great! I've just used the first name in your usernames for simplicity in the list, but let me know if you'd prefer me to use the other one!

8 spots left, blood needs to be spilled!
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:00 pm

I'll join then :3
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Why not. Add ma!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Updated the player list! 6 more spots to go then we can get this thing going! Don't be shy!!
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 am

Bump for mass death---- I mean, lurve!
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Sign me up.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Carandor Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Boom! Pow! Bump!

Just need 5 more people then we can get this rolling Smile
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down