Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise?

+11
Tírius
Jimble
Raviran / Reynar
Mandui
Eloresh
Melnerag
Lavian
Gabriel Delaney
Mallea/Trollmeat
Cathee Norris
Chrystan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise? Empty The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise?

Post by Chrystan Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:27 pm

*A letter is sent to all the noble houses and all councillers of Stormwind, a few posters are placed around the city.*

To all that have the best interests of Stormwind at heart, I must speak up! Friday night we had a total breakdown in law and order, chaos rules the streets, innocents were killed and injured. The Orphanage was set on fire, other building were destroyed in major acts of vandalism.

We know Criminal acts have been going on in Stormwind, but tonight was beyond anything I have seen before in my life. I have seen a more controlled city during enemy attacks! And where were our supposed defenders, the guards that keep the innocents from harm? Well the Blazing Shields felt that it would be clever to leave the city for a few days! Now I can draw two conclusions from such acts.

One, they are unbeleiveably stupid, completely incapable of seeing that when you take all the guards away from a city that is already near boiling temperature chaos will ensue. This should never have been allowed by the council, if it was THEY have blood on their hands as surely as the thugs and bandits that caused total chaos all night. If they are honourable they will call the Shields back immediately and resign. If the council didn't authorise this leave of duty, then maybe the Shields have had their time as Guards, and a new regiment should be given that duty.

Second Conclusion, the Shields are in fact in cahoots with the criminals of Stormwind. Now they have reason to force any rules or requirements they want on the city in payment for their 'protection'. I could easily believe they left and told all the criminal gangs too cause as much trouble as they could while they were away just so they could look far more important when they come back and tell people how badly we need them!

I am asking everyone to start questioning whether the Shields are truly our protectors, whether they really have the cities best interests at heart? Or are they in fact little better than criminals themselves? I ask that when they are back, a full and thourough investigation is made into their regiment and a public announcement is made as to exactly how this was allowed to come to pass!

I hope you all see the importance of this message.

Dahian Cartherian

General of the Red Blades of Manderian

OOC: I would like to point ou that I have no OOC problem with the Shields, but think some good RP can carry on from tonights 'events' as they would if this was real!
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise? Empty Re: The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise?

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:31 pm

*Julia reads her letter while walking the calm streets of Stormwind*

Tonight? Nothing more then usual far as I've seen. The guards we put in are doing a good enough job.

*She shrugs and sticks the letter in her pocket*

OOC: Yes I'm not going to acknowledge the events tonight as I don't find them anything else then OOC. Glad to hear that people had fun but I still don't think that changes that fact.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise? Empty Re: The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise?

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:39 pm

I'd be interested to hear the reasoning behind that, Julia. I wasn't a tremendous fan of the event myself, but it certainly didn't seem to be OOC.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:42 pm

OOC: Yeah same really, I mean, my RP tonight all linked to it, so a lot has to be wiped to just wave it off as OOC. To be hoenst I'd say it's a bit... Weak to just say it's OOC and ignore it.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Julia wrote:*Julia reads her letter while walking the calm streets of Stormwind*

Tonight? Nothing more then usual far as I've seen. The guards we put in are doing a good enough job.

*She shrugs and sticks the letter in her pocket*

OOC: Yes I'm not going to acknowledge the events tonight as I don't find them anything else then OOC. Glad to hear that people had fun but I still don't think that changes that fact.

OOC:

Julia: Hur hur, lets ignore ALL crime-guilds. <The Dark Sphere> <The Forlorn Cartel> <Rapid Pirates> <Ravenholdt Syndicate> and 10 more people. Oh, lets also ignore <The Old Town Syndicate> <Kingdom of Arathor> the <Disciples of Light> <The Chapter of holy Anethion>.

They all RP'd with the event and had fun, it was COMPLETLY IC in -every- way. But I guess if you don't run stuff past the council it's going to be ignored by our RP overlords? There was no metagaming, no poweremoting, full IC planning.

Also, isn't the whole Bloodwind campaign, like EVERY SINGLE GUILD on the server leaving SW for a week to do W-PvP leaving the WHOLE city unguarded too? As in unguarded like.. no-one was in SW for AGES? Why don't people sent an IC letter: "Bloodwind hosting a warcampaign leaving the city unprotected, because they took every single good-guild on the server with them, leaving SW literally, with not a single guard!". <-- An example, I loved the Bloodwind event but I find it a lil silly the Blazing Shields are apparently SO important to RP that they cannot host events w/o apparently abandoning the city.

We are having alot of fun on our campaign.

Cheers to the OOCers!:

The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise? Oocerswat.th

Last edited by Mansfield Ath on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Delaney Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:45 pm

They all RP'd with the event and had fun, it was COMPLETLY IC in -every- way. But I guess if you don't run stuff past the council/Bloodwind it's going to be ignored by our RP overlords?

I've had it with your immature attitude Blaight. Do you get a hard on from mentioning Bloodwind in every whine post you make? We have 60 active members, you seem to have issues with 1 or 2 but you keep mentioning the guild as a whole.

Think about that next time you contact us when you're being man handled by the horde.

Gabriel Delaney

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Delaney
Title: High Commander of the Bloodwind Regiment, SI:7 Veteran

http://bloodwind.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Tad arrogant, but carry on.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Gabriel Delaney wrote:I've had it with your immature attitude Blaight. Do you get a hard on from mentioning Bloodwind in every whine post you make? We have 60 active members, you seem to have issues with 1 or 2 but you keep mentioning the guild as a whole.

Think about that next time you contact us when you're being man handled by the horde.

You are completly right and I apologize, I'll remove the Bloodwind part. I did go out of line because each time Bloodwind seems to be involved in the anti-us thing, you guys have an awesome guild with awesome planned events and we thank you for all the aid you provided us. Those 1-2 major elitists in your guild should indeed not bring the whole thing down, as I am unrighteously tagging your whole guild. I'll try to avoid it.

Mallea/Trollmeat wrote:Tad arrogant, but carry on.

Yeah, sorry. Such things really just piss me off. All we do and try to do is stimulate and make non-stop awesome RP, but just because we don't play by the councils' rules they feel the need to flame and insult us whenever they get the chance, IC and OOCly. It's really tiring since we ARE a good guild that does super much good things, I recieve nothing but compliments from the RP community personally, but except of course the council.

------------------

We just want to be able to RP our things and events too. If <Bloodwind> <Kingdom of Arathor> -and- <The Disciples of Light> in coalition with <Cell> and some <Dwarven Rifle Squad> all together cannot replace the work <The Blazing Shields> does then I find that very silly. We left, you guys assigned a TON of new guards, even more people then we have in our guild, so where is the real issue? In what way is this event OOC? I dont understand all this hatred.

Last edited by Mansfield Ath on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:53 pm

I enjoyed the event in sense. I had three people jump my witch [She's in bloodwind OOCly Blaight so dont bother Sad] and had fun playing with their souls as a result :3.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:55 pm

*letter directed back to General Cartherian*

Dearest general,

This is a second anti-Shield poster I discover in the vicinity of my establishment. I see it as my duty to reply, as you clearly took the difficulty into hiring a man to hire workers to place this one so close to the Lamb. You make some very compelling arguments towards your point, but you forget to take into the account the apparent near-complete absence of the Disciples of Light, Bloodwind Regiment and Kingdom of Arathor who were assigned to protecting the city. I was sitting in the Lamb, ready to fend off the mobs of rioting low-life on my own and only Commander Dawnweaver graced me with his presence on the quick check-up.

I suggest you also direct your investigations into the guarding regiments I've mentioned, and ask Commander Dawnweaver to be granted some award for exceptional bravery and perhaps a promotion.

I hope you are offended by this letter...offended enough to visit me in person for a heated debate over a glass of wine.

-Sophyra, Hostess of the Red Eclipse

OOC: PS: please turn off the heat in this thread...
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:

Mallea/Trollmeat wrote:Tad arrogant, but carry on.

Yeah, sorry. Such things really just piss me off. All we do and try to do is stimulate and make non-stop awesome RP, but just because we don't play by the councils' rules they feel the need to flame and insult us whenever they get the chance, IC and OOCly. It's really tiring since we ARE a good guild that does super much good things, I recieve nothing but compliments from the RP community personally, but except of course the council.

That comment wasn't directed at you, don't worry!
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:... just because we don't play by the councils' rules they feel the need to flame and insult us whenever they get the chance, IC and OOCly...

*sigh*
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:
Yeah, sorry. Such things really just piss me off. All we do and try to do is stimulate and make non-stop awesome RP, but just because we don't play by the councils' rules they feel the need to flame and insult us whenever they get the chance, IC and OOCly.
*cough* You are still generalizing only because one minister posted a commend here. *cough*
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Mandui wrote:
Mansfield \ Ath wrote:
Yeah, sorry. Such things really just piss me off. All we do and try to do is stimulate and make non-stop awesome RP, but just because we don't play by the councils' rules they feel the need to flame and insult us whenever they get the chance, IC and OOCly.
*cough* You are still generalizing only because one minister posted a commend here. *cough*

And you in the other thread. And the rest of the council IC.

*Mandui*

It's called being the better man and not wanting to argue over something you would never admit.

Last edited by Mansfield Ath on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:
And you in the other thread. And the rest of the council IC.
I think it was already established on the other thread that you took it the wrong way and even apologized?
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Dear Sophyra

Thank you for your letter, and I don't take offense on it at all. In fact I find it interesting that so many other regiments were placed on duty, yet I saw only a few Desciples of Light who didn't seem to be doing well, anything.

However I shall certainly take your offer to meet you at your tavern one night for that debate.

Yours

General Dahian Cartherian

OOC: Please stop the arguing, take it somewhere else if you feel the need to bicker.

Still like to know hoe a whole nights RP for so many is OOC though...
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Veering off-topic here, I think the whole "ignoring the event" part was more interesting.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Dahian wrote:OOC: Please stop the arguing, take it somewhere else if you feel the need to bicker.

Still like to know hoe a whole nights RP for so many is OOC though...

I've heard no-one take it OOC except that councillor. Although I've seen some damn interesting chatlogs regarding the subject a few days beforehand.

Indeed, the Blazing Shields had nothing to do with burning orphanage. The event was LOOONG over when that happened.
|
V

Last edited by Mansfield Ath on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 pm

I was only online when the orphanage got burnt by -my- subordinates and prob hour after that.

It was very good RP event and there was more RP then i've seen on any war campaigns or the like.

People screaming for help, buildings burning, people brawling and fighting in the streets.

It was early christmas for Cartel, our plan to make SW a criminal haven is one step further to the goal.
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Shut the hell up. Keep this in line and away from the whole negative part of the event. If you want to debate it OOCly make a thread in another section.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:32 pm

OOC: Thanks Ovelia

Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimble Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:56 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:the Blazing Shields had nothing to do with burning orphanage. The event was LOOONG over when that happened.

I know who did it! And now please release me from the Cathedral's catacombs, I need to pee...
Jimble
Jimble

Character sheet
Name: Jimble Quikfizzix
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tírius Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am

Julia wrote: I'm not going to acknowledge the events tonight as I don't find them anything else then OOC.

Why? It was a completely legitimate event planned by some of the servers most active criminal RP guilds; that's like us saying "We're not going to acknowledge the guards as we don't find them anything else than OOC" when they are clearly IC.

The event was enjoyed by the Sanctuary's members for sure Smile It was great to see the city in such chaos like that; it's a rare sight!

Ovelia Edit:Other thread.
Tírius
Tírius

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:08 am

Jimble Quikfizzix wrote:
Mansfield \ Ath wrote:the Blazing Shields had nothing to do with burning orphanage. The event was LOOONG over when that happened.

I know who did it! And now please release me from the Cathedral's catacombs, I need to pee...

Muahahahaha! Cower in fear Storwind, The Pumpkin shall strike again!!

The Blazing Shields, Criminals in disguise? Flaming-Pumpkinhead--48298

Disclaimer: I did it because my role in the crime spree was to stand outside the Blade and get shot so I wanted to actually spread some terror. Also i thought it would make a good team building exercise for the community, seeing how they'd work together to douse flames and save the orphans, but alas no people just stood watching and chatting Sad
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Perhaps you shouldn't be mr.Hero infront of a goddamn gun. Then you wouldn't be shot. But nah, we're all unmoved by the prospect of getting a new breathing hole.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next