Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Influence, Jurisdiction and the Kingdoms of the Alliance.

+3
Gesh
Cathee Norris
Magaskawee/Anaei
7 posters

Go down

Influence, Jurisdiction and the Kingdoms of the Alliance. Empty Influence, Jurisdiction and the Kingdoms of the Alliance.

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:24 am

I'm rather surprised such a thread does not excist, the Alliance is built up of Five different nations (pre-cataclysm) as you well know. The Kingdoms of Stormwind and Ironforge, the Technocracy-Republic of Gnomeregan, the Elected Theocracy of Darnassus and the Theocracy of the Exodar. Each of these nations have their own land, have their stake in lands and even powerful influences in certain lands. Whilst this thread is not visually appealing (due to lack of pictures I mean.) I will attempt to go through as many regions I can, explaining which nation essentially rules which and why. Perhaps even explaining why certain regions have dual-rule. Certain smaller nations fall under the 'Big Five' such as the Magocracy of Theramore and the Exiled Kingdom of Lordaeron, the Aerie Dwarven Clan, and of course under our server lore the Kingdom of Arathor and guilds like it.

So how I will do this is list regions where Alliance have total or at least most of the control, explain what nation rules it, why and if another has a stake in it. I will begin with;

Kalimdor:

Teldrassil - Darnassian Controlled

Teldrassil is firmly under Darnassian control, it houses their capital and is totally undisputed.

Darkshore - Darnassian Controlled

Like Teldrassil there is no dispute when it comes to the ownership of Darkshore.

Ashenvale - Darnassian Controlled

Ashenvale is 'ruled' over by Darnassus however it is technically a war zone heavily influenced by the Silverwing Sentinel and Warsong conflicts. The horde has a heavy stake to the zone.

Moonglade - Darnassian Controlled

Moonglade is debatebly Darnassian. Whilst the Cenarion Circle controls the region, you must dismantle what this means. Malfurion Stormrage is the supreme commander of the Cenarion Circle and is obviously Kal'dorei. If the tauren were to begin to abuse their Cenarion given powers and even war heavily against the Night Elves, it is debatable that Malfurion would revoke their rights to moonglade and would have the power to do so. Following that line of thought, Moonglade is Darnassian.

Northern Stonetalon - Darnassian Controlled

Only the North of Stonetalon is under Darnassian control, the south is consumed by Horde and Goblin ambition, another war zone.

Azuremyst Isle - Draenei Controlled

Azuremyst is one of two totally Draenic regions. Undisputed control of these lands is almost guaranteed due to the corruption caused by the Exodar and lack of any resources. It is safe to say no disputes would be brought up by any other faction as to the control of Azuremyst Isle.

Bloodmyst Isle - Draenei Controlled

The same would go for Bloodmyst, total Draenei control. Undisputed.

Feralas - Darnassian Controlled

Feralas is only under Darnassian control where their soldiers can maintain peace, it is a total war zone between the Elves, Ogres and the Horde. Political control here would be almost non-excistant and military control complete.

This ends Kalimdor as the rest of the regions are either Horde controled or too war-oriented to be deemed 'politically controled'.

Eastern Kingdoms

Hillsbrad Foothills - Alliance Controlled

Hillsbrad Foothills would be under 'Alliance' control, now when I use the term 'Alliance' in this thread it means a variety of things. On paper it would mean it is an Alliance territory that all members of the Alliance are welcome to use and house forces in. However when it comes down to jurisdiction it is different for each region. For example Southshore's control would be more influenced by Stormwind than any other nation simply due to the human presence there, however they could not dismiss another nation due to it's status as an 'Alliance Settlement'.

Arathi Highlands - Stormwind Controlled

By our server lore Arathi is under the Kingdom of Arathor, however due to recent IC events the control of Arathi would be undisputibly Stormwind's jurisdiction with Arathor's co-operation. For the sake of this thread it will be counted as 'Stormwind Control'. Also with the Orcish presence it would be classed as a war zone.

The Hinterlands - Alliance Controlled

The Hinterlands are again an 'Alliance Zone'. Aerie Peak is ruled by the Aerie Dwarven clan and due to this if any of the 'Big Five' would have more influence on their actions it would of course by Ironforge simply due to racial harmony. However just like Stormwind in Southshore, Ironforge only has 'influence' in Aerie and if there was territory dispute it would be taken to an Alliance tribunal.

Wetlands - Joint Stormwind-Ironforge Controlled

To quote myself from a previous thread regarding this, "Well, as far as i've seen lore wise, etc. Wetlands is a touchy subject when it comes to jurisdiction. Ironforge lost a majority of control during the second and third war. Obviously Aerie control was lost with their capital. After all this loss of control the Alliance as a whole dispatched forces to establish Menethil harbour, "Horde and Scourge forces devastated the Wetlands in the Second and Third Wars, forcing the Ironforge dwarves to retreat to Loch Modan and Dun Morogh. Alliance forces have since established the current Menethil Harbor, but the area is still wild and untamed." Menethil is a joint endeavour by both Ironforge and Stormwind, "Menethil Harbor still serves a critical purpose as it serves as a link between the old kingdoms of Khaz Modan and Stormwind, and the relatively new Alliance settlements at Theramore Isle and Valgarde." It is a port of the Alliance where the bonds of unity are shown, that dwarf and human can coexcist. So yes, Geographically Menethil is in Khaz Modan. But jurisdictionally it is an Alliance settlement, ruled by both Ironforge and Stormwind." The conclusion of which is, the part of the Wetlands under Alliance influence is joint-ruled by both Stormwind and Ironforge as the constant link between the two nations. This is manifested in the races of the guards; Human and Dwarven.

Dun Morogh - Ironforge Controlled (Major Gnomeregan Influence)

As it houses the Dwarven Capital it would be suspected to be solely under Ironforge control, however Gnomeregan would have 'major influence' due to it also housing their capital. However as they are refugees, until they retake their capital claiming the small area in the North West, control would be Ironforge's completely.

Loch Modan - Ironforge Controlled

As with Dun Morogh, Loch Modan is solely under the jurisdiction and rule of Ironforge with pressures from the Dark Iron in the neighbouring Badlands.

Elwynn Forest - Stormwind Controlled

As it houses the 'Alliance Capital' (per se) but more bluntly the human capital, Elwynn is solely under Stormwind control and jurisdiction.

Westfall - Stormwind Controlled

Westfall like most Stormwindish zones has 'internal turmoil'. However that aside, this zone is solely ruled by Stormwind and their jurisdiction is completely.

Redridge and Duskwood - Stormwind Controlled

Just like Westfall, Redridge and Duskwood have internal turmoil, but when it boils down to it, they are ruled by Stormwind. However by server lore Duskwood is an 'independant settlement' however the validity of this is debatable since the loss of control by both Chapterite and Spherite.

I hope this helps shed light. This was all put together with the help of both server lore and official lore. If you think anything is amiss, please tell me and it can be discussed and changed. I just think it would be nice to have something to reference to if anyone ever attempts to claim jurisdiction. It'll be handy to first reference a thread before disputing their claim.

Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Influence, Jurisdiction and the Kingdoms of the Alliance. Empty Re: Influence, Jurisdiction and the Kingdoms of the Alliance.

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:31 am

Nicely written. Perhaps the Horde could add their side to the thread.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Influence, Jurisdiction and the Kingdoms of the Alliance. Empty Re: Influence, Jurisdiction and the Kingdoms of the Alliance.

Post by Gesh Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:46 am

Hillsbrad Foothills - Alliance Controlled

...-Excuse- me..
slightly offensive Jokes aside. It would be contested, The Horde have a strong infulence here, I mean. Silverpine's right by it. Not to mention Tarren mill being present also in the zone.Edit: Not trying to put a downer on this thread, Incase you were wondering. I enjoyed the read. Gives a sense of coolness, explaining ownerships and such.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:00 am

Vectoria wrote:Hillsbrad Foothills - Alliance Controlled

...-Excuse- me..
slightly offensive Jokes aside. It would be contested, The Horde have a strong infulence here, I mean. Silverpine's right by it. Not to mention Tarren mill being present also in the zone.Edit: Not trying to put a downer on this thread, Incase you were wondering. I enjoyed the read. Gives a sense of coolness, explaining ownerships and such.

Aye, but the point of the thread was for 'internal Alliance control arguements' to be settled easily. When I say 'Alliance Controlled' I mean it's shared jurisdiction, not they have total military control over the region.

Also Julia, a slight problem with Horde jurisdiction is that it's not like the Alliance. The Alliance is a 5 piece almost democracy, whilst the Horde is five nations under one Supreme Dictator (warchief). All the Horde leaders are loyal to Thrall and therefore all Horde Nations lands are well.. Horde.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:12 am

Ah, very well then.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:23 am

Yeah, the horde's just that. A Horde. There's no jurisdiction, just controlled land. Of course, that may change what with the way Sylvanas is taking the Forsaken.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:04 am

Warchief Windrunner, can I get a hooah?

On topic: nice write up! I like it!
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:18 am

Antistia wrote:Warchief Windrunner, can I get a hooah?

Hers you can have.

Anyway, wouldn't the hinterlands be... whatever troll stribe that is that controls it?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:50 am

About Azuremyst Isle; There was at least one family of night elves living there when the Exodar crashed, so it was arguably darnassian land prior to the arrival of the Draenei. It might still be that the night elves still lay claim to it and are simply graciously allowing the draenei to remain there and settle, both because it was sparsely populated to begin with, and because the night elves can't spare the forces to clean up the corruption themselves.

Being technically subjects of the night elven government might even give the few draenei RPers more opportunities for getting involved in RP other than Stormwind RP :p
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down