Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] The Sunfury Elite

+13
Gustov
Morinth
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Nianni Fence
Magaskawee/Anaei
NathiniĆ³s
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Tso/Feloreth
Sinnadrin
Kristeas Sunbinder
Sylvina
Dorik Thunderbelly
Malanar
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[H] The Sunfury Elite Empty [H] The Sunfury Elite

Post by Malanar Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Taking off where Kael'thas Sunstrider failed, The Sunfury Elite search for power in all parts of Azeroth and beyond, ever vigilant and hateful of our enemies, cursing the day the wretched Alliance betrayed our race and the cursed traitor Arthas decimated our lands.

However, instead of sitting around and brooding, we search for power and take it, no matter the cost. Be it demons, Old Gods, elementals or Titans, their power will be ours to command, and when that day comes, all shall tremble before the might of the Sin'dorei!

Officers: Sinnadrin (GM), Malanar

Realm Thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12304663078
Guild Site: http://sunfuryelite.wowstead.com/

[H] The Sunfury Elite Prince_of_blood_by_breathing2004

Come, join us. Does my image not simply radiate with trustworthiness? My blood cries out for the vengeance of my people's blood, which can only be repaid with at least twice as much blood! Or maybe three times as much blood! Like if you went to hell, and it was full of blood, and that blood was on fire, and it was raining blood, then maybe that would be enough blood! Eh... but probably not.

Last edited by Malanar on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

[H] The Sunfury Elite Empty Re: [H] The Sunfury Elite

Post by Malanar Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:11 am

Bumping this up by elaborating on the essence of our guild's affairs.

The Sunfury Elite support and propagate the use of independent restrictions (game mechanics) for the settling of conflicts and all such matters in-character. Too long have the RP guilds all around used words and emotes to RP out conflicts, create non-existent objects, and generally stir up an atmosphere of total separation between RP and the game mechanics in WoW.

Anyone joining The Sunfury Elite must be prepared to accept that we do things differently. Or rather, the way they should be done.

It is my belief that -- this being an MMORPG, not some text-based forum RPG -- using in-game items, gear, stats and so on is an integral part of enjoying the game in all its aspects.

I was reminded of this stance of mine recently when I ran across a random post over on the DB realm forum about criminal activity in Stormwind and a bounty poster:

OOC. Right first of all this is very IMPORTANT the reward stated on the wanted poster is only IC you will NOT actually get the gold
OOC. Also keep the rp decent don't go god emoting.
Want to add real meaning and feeling to the bounty? Make the reward actual in-game gold, not fake non-existent illusions. Because no matter how much you RP, leaving out tangible (albeit virtual) rewards is leaving out an aspect that appeals to players just as much as the RP in the game.

Want to keep RP "decent" and fair? Use /duels and don't hold any in-faction battles in capitals. Because no matter how much RP you put into it, a conflict resolved using game mechanics will always be more thrilling and truly competitive, not to mention the use of independent restrictions to make things truly fair. As such, keeping a spirit of real competition instead of simply throwing around words and emotes is yet another truly enjoyable aspect of the game that shouldn't be forgotten.

I can go on with examples, but I'd prefer to keep this shorter. As such, I'll reiterate: The Sunfury Elite frown upon the use of non-existent power or items (though items less so, as there are, of course, many instances of miscellaneous items that can only be RPed out without actually being present). We do not whine about unfairness because of levels; instead, we level up. We do not cry about disbalance in gear; instead, we run dungeons and raids and get gear. We do not allow god emoting; instead, we hold /duels and all such, resolving conflicts in the same way everyone else does in this game about war: by using the mechanics the game provides.

Now, this does not mean there is no middle ground. For instance, RP /duels without actual all-out combat, simply for the use of abilities, spells and other fancy special effects are fully supported as well, especially in-faction, since same faction characters can understand each other and thus RP out far more fun and epic battles in such a manner.

But overall, we make it a point to be the best at everything:
  • Dramatic RP events instead of slow and uneventful tea parties, for which we all come together.
  • Leveling up with the help of guildmates and becoming more capable of participating in truly dangerous and exciting WPvP and PvE events.
  • Powerful gear and enchantments, which we help each other attain.

In other words, if you wish to enjoy the game to its full extent, both RPing out exciting and fun events and having great items, fun battles and a general feeling of true competition, then The Sunfury Elite will be happy to have you. We are, of course, a blood elf only guild, however, but I hope that our example will spur other guilds (I'm looking at your, Silvermoon and Stormwind Twisted Evil) on to advancing towards a more wholesome participation in all of the game's aspects instead of using a fancy graphical game with countless spells, abilities and items as a text-based RPG.
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Interesting concept in a Blood Elf theme. Let's see if you can do something about the "not so tough" immage the Elves have.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvina Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:54 am

This seems to be needing some updating.

Our GM is Sinnadrin and his advisor is Malanar. This change was caused by Malanars headmixing visit to Nether while ago.

We have nice group of dedicated blood elves in our ranks. Most of our members are females and that is why I would like to see some more male blood elves joining our cause. Sinnadrin likes the idea of having amazon kind of guild around him, but I would be delighted to have some more male energy in our meetings.

Bonus: Would maybe stop us girls having (low to girls) chitchat behind our leaders backs .... just maybe...

Of course more female blood elves are welcomed warmly to join our ranks. There is no greater power than feminine power. I love you

~Sylvina~
Recruiting officer of Sunfury Elite
Sylvina
Sylvina

Character sheet
Name: Sylvina Fireheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:51 am

What was that image that is missing again?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:02 am

There is no greater power than feminine power.

Spoiler:

But, yeah, good luck with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malanar Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:03 am

Restored the image that was missing in the original post and added a link to our forum.

Now back to draining tiny defenseless gnomes of their surplus amounts of mana.
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Malanar Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:36 am

It has recently come to my attention that a number of our guild members either aren't aware or don't agree with the very core concept of the guild despite having joined it along with a number of people potentially interested in joining being either confused or slightly put off by the explanations given thus far.

As such, I figured it might be worth elaborating on the topic so as to explain three things:

- Who we are (villains)
- What we do (cause mayhem)
- And why it's fun for all involved (as long as drama doesn't prevent it)

1. Who We Are

The Sunfury Elite are a faction founded by former Sunfury blood elves -- remnants of Kael'thas' forces decimated and/or corrupted to no end in Outland. With a deep-rooted hatred for humans for betraying us and all of the Alliance by proxy as well, of course. However, we are not THE Sunfury who can still be seen in Netherstorm and the like, simply because they have been defeated chronologically and no longer exist.

No, we are the Sunfury Elite -- remnants and new recruits to the Sunfury mindframe, yet too good, strong and unyielding to be corrupted or to fail -- loyal to Quel'thalas as ever before Kael'thas' unfortunate slip into madness and self-destruction, loyal to the Sin'dorei and by proxy part of the Horde due to being part of Silvermoon in terms of visible factions. Note that I said "visible".

While on the outside and for all intents and purposes we are just any other Sin'dorei, part of Quel'thalas and the Horde, we have a hidden agenda. Much like the Forsaken, which serve as a good example of a nearly identical manner of existing within the Horde. The Forsaken are part of the Horde but have their own dark agendas, yet still fit perfectly into the game's events and content because said agenda is hidden.

The Sunfury Elite acts likewise but with an additional layer: instead of being a faction inside the Horde who has its own secret agenda, we are a hidden faction inside the existing faction of Sin'dorei led by Lor'themar, which is in turn part of the Horde.

And what is our agenda? Searching for and stealing/taking/siphoning power from any and all sources, without much regard for the wellbeing of those who possess it before us, of course.

This complex web of loyalties and goals allows our guild to remain perfectly suitable for taking part in any and all of the game content presented for us:

Scourge running rampant in Northrend? Old Gods presenting a new threat? Deathwing causing a cataclysm? We do our share of battling them along with the rest of the Horde, seeing as we are indeed Sin'dorei like any other, and no one is the wiser. But while we do so, we weave our own web of plans for siphoning the power of said powerful enemies for ourselves in order to prepare for the future when we will finally have enough power to reclaim our former glory and more, making Quel'thalas a powerful world leader, perhaps even more so than in times passed.

2. What We Do

While I've already explained what we do in terms of an in-character guild concept, this is about what we do in regards to RP, specifically RP with other people, other guilds and players on the realm.

Now, while "tea party RP" with nothing other than text and emotes while blue-shielded in a capital city is technically not forbidden, as this certainly isn't a dictatorship and guild members are free to do what they want in their free time, I feel the need to emphasize the main focus of the guild in terms of RP: mayhem.

No sitting around on our arses emoting kisses and nose-rubbing (though again, unless you want to in your free time)! No. Our events are to be about bursting forth in the most unexpected places or organizing our own events and stirring up a maelstrom of mayhem and destruction (at the very least theatrical) the likes of which is intended to have everyone present -- both of our own guild members and those upon whom we drop from the sky like a dropship full of Angry Marines -- have a sudden burst of adrenaline and get their hearts beating faster than they tend to during tea parties, "council meetings" or peaceful walks through the woods.

In other words, we bring the WAR to World of WARcraft RP, since very few others seem interested in doing so.

3. Why It's Fun For All Involved

And here's the part people seem to miss or misinterpret.

Yes, we're called the Sunfury Elite, but not because we're gear elitists. We don't do "What We Do" for the sake of slaughtering and corpsecamping enemies or disrupting events. We do it because it adds excitement and unexpected randomness to a far too pre-planned and peaceful community of RP.

Now, like I've said before, there's nothing wrong with peaceful RP and I enjoy it myself on other characters who aren't power mongers like Malanar, but our guild is about war as I'd expect most RP guilds in WoW are, about competition between players via independent means -- the very means this game provides to make sure the conflicts are balanced and fair. Your gear is less than your opponents? That's fair. Because the gear is an independent OOC restriction. A system specifically intended to allow people to compete. Not to mention that skill plays a large role too, so gear is hardly "be all and end all".

At the end of the day, if you lose because someone DECIDED you are supposed to lose "for the sake of RP", don't lie to yourselves...you are going to be a lot more ticked off than if you lose fair and square in a battle with full combat gear and everyone trying their best.

Yes, we don't condone corpsecamping since it makes absolutely no sense from an in-character perspective.
Yes, our events are intended to be in-character and not some OOC capital leader raids or whatnot.
But no, we refuse to sink to the level of god-emoting and deciding CONFLICT with WORDS that is far too rampant nowadays.

So aye, I hope this clarifies things more both for our guild members or potential recruits and for other RPers on the realm.
We are villains in-character but not Goons out of character.
Our intention is not to ruin events and we don't hate everyone for doing various peaceful events or anything.

We just do our best to bring excitement and war to a game of war. War! It's what's for dinner...tonight! [H] The Sunfury Elite Belfb

Last edited by Malanar on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:56 pm

[This speech has been given by Sinnadrin Sunfury on the balcony of the Sunfury Hold in the Southern Netherstorm, attended by dozens of associates, most of them freshly-recruited Sunfury personnel.]

Brothers and sisters, siblings in the Blood. Allow me to put forward a simple question. Who are we?

We are the Sunfury Elite. An all-Sin'dorei organization grown out of a few idealistic individuals a year after the fall of Kael'thas, we harbour members both his former followers and enemies.
  • First of all, it is the mindframe, a way of thinking we have in common with the "historical" Sunfury. The adventurous spirit and undying ambition that led them out of Azeroth to an entire new planet with their Prince, stopping at nothing to increase their personal, and on the long run, racial powers.
  • However, like most pioneers, they fell into unknown dangers and traps. That's where we differ. We do not only look forward, but to all directions, seeking potential threats, and to learn from the mistakes of those who walked before us. We are the Elite, better than them, and we will not fail.
  • We wouldn't define ourselves as "villains", there's no need for such self-label. Would you call the lynx evil for luring the deer into an ambush and killing it from behind, so that he can feed and live on? Hard times breed new morals... and even they are subject to points of view.
  • These new times require that we adapt. We thus conduct a two-faced approach on our two planets of operation; on Azeroth, where our name and methods could invoke hatred and contempt, possibly even persecution from self-righteous, militaristic meatheads, we hide, we operate from the shadows, we deceive, we manipulate, we ambush, we spy, we bargain, we sow terror, we make temporary alliances that border treason, and we play our foes out against each other.
  • On Draenor, however... we have no states and authorities that would hunt us down, but we have far more open, useful natural resources to exploit, particularly in the Netherstorm. Now you could ask about the Scryers... fortunately for us, many of them have already disbanded after the fall of Kael'thas on Quel'Danas, returning home after the "Shattered Sun" has done its work. Those that remain in Outland can be reasoned with... and that brings us to our next point.
  • Corruption. It is widely-known that the demonic creatures of the Nether - and more recently Draenor - provide extensive sources of power and energy. However, when we step through the line between hunting them for Fel and starting to negotiate with them, we fall into a twofold trap. First, the Burning Legion has no respect whatsoever for treaties, agreements, pacts or alliances. No matter what they promise, ultimately, all they want to see is the other party marching in their army, or being destroyed. What happened to our predeccessors is a keen example. Second, doing so would draw the renewed enmity of factions we wouldn't want as enemies; yet, all the same time.
  • Our main bases of operation vary according to the same patters. On Azeroth, we hold our secret Conclaves in the somber ruins of Western Silvermoon, or at abandoned ancient sanctums and ley lines. Here on Draenor, we have reclaimed this magnificent stronghold in the vicinity of a deactivated manaforge and a devastated Kirin Tor village; look around, both of them are spectacular and pleasing sights to the eye.
  • Here, I have gathered the scattered remnants of the beaten army of Kael'thas, and given them a new purpose: to fight for me with our new and efficent methods, and this time... finally succeed. Unlike Kael's incompetent lieutenants, I don't lead by sheer intimidation, but rather by inspiration and example. A subject admiring you is always superior to a subject obeying only out of fear.
  • While looking for a safe way to reactivate the Manaforge Coruu with our engineers to provide a steady supply of concentrated Arcane, we're pressing on Azeroth to find sources far rarer, but also more powerful. Ancient ruins hiding scrolls of long-forgotten lore or spells? Magical creatures foolish enough to walk our plane exposed and vulnerable? Rogue Scourge cultists or Alliance scholars on the move? We merely need to keep walking with eyes open and calling on the others when opportunities arise, so that we can strike together, decisively, with success, and bask jointly in the spoils of victory.
  • Lastly, a word or two about the Horde and the Alliance. We aren't opposed to the former, but naturally, being what we are, we cannot fully consider ourselves members of it either. The Horde, while having great heroes in its ranks, is ultimately but a tool in the times of our race's great needs. They provide numbers when we can't. They provide brute force when we can't. They provide distraction and shed their blood... when we would avoid to. Give them all the respect face to face, but don't forget their place. The so-called "Alliance", however, has proven to be nothing more than a traitorous scum of inferior vermin leeching on our magical and cultural greatness as well as our superior blood through the millenia. We will slowly aim to orchestrate their destruction, focusing on their core, the humanimals, while sowing dissent and enmity against it among the other, henchman races.

Who will succeed if we will not? Lor'themar? The Sunreavers? Sin Belore? Pitiful, servile, restricted. No... it is our way that will lead the Sin'dorei to a glory that will last a thousand years and more, placing us where we belong; to the throne of Azeroth.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:58 pm

The Sunfury Elite will prevail!

Last edited by Aomir/Lyrion on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Sinn's speech was awesome, until he said humanimals. I lol'd.
Anyways, the ridiculous IC feud is over, my OOC rage is exhausted, I'm here to stay till I find a new reason to be mad.
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Lilenath/Ilynaeth wrote:Sinn's speech was awesome, until he said humanimals. I lol'd.
It's not hate speech if you love saying it. ;>
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Malanar Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:50 am

[H] The Sunfury Elite Sunfuryposter
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 am

And I thought chickens couldn't fly.
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by NathiniĆ³s Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Malanar wrote:[H] The Sunfury Elite Sunfuryposter

Uh, wat.
NathiniĆ³s
NathiniĆ³s

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:30 pm

... anyone else want to explain the message they are sending with the "using ostriches as mounts" thing?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:56 pm

As much I approve of all Sin'dorei racial things, riding battle chickens is just...

...lame. >.<
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Malanar Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:... anyone else want to explain the message they are sending with the "using ostriches as mounts" thing?
They're hawkstriders!
Know your racial mount, heathen!
Know and respect it! [H] The Sunfury Elite Belfb
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Less this mount.
Spoiler:

More this mount.
Spoiler:
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

I would imagine come Cataclysm you'll all be riding Sunreaver Dragonhawks, beautiful creatures. I had one when Anaei was a belf, now it's a white hippogryph.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Nianni Fence Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Malanar wrote:[H] The Sunfury Elite Sunfuryposter

The skies will be Alliance blue when we are done with you!

But nice concept, really! Original and stuff. Hmm... But since you're gonna duel in PvE / PvP gear and such... Well... So much for the RP gear, really >.>
There're lots of... How can you say it... Limits, if you don't use things as GHI items and emote battles... After a duel, how do you know where you've been hit? How grave the wounds are? If your bum is still suitable of sitting on? And what are you gonna do, if there are several people joining a fight? Blizzard haven't invented mass duels yet, you know.

But else it looks great! We'll hopefully see you on the battlefield! [Low]: With your faces in the dirt and your bums in the air. *Grins*
Nianni Fence
Nianni Fence

Character sheet
Name: Velaire Dawnsong
Title: Black knight of Gilneas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:41 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Less this mount.
Spoiler:

More this mount.
Spoiler:

I agree.
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvina Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:53 pm

We are active and always open to meet new Sin'dorei who want to help us towards the better future.

http://sunfuryelite.wowstead.com/forums
Sylvina
Sylvina

Character sheet
Name: Sylvina Fireheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:19 am

We've got an utterly lovely and aesthetically-pleasing quartette of female officers now, but that also happens to place us in the rather dire need of some convincted and determined gentlemen at the forefront to better emphasize our quite masculine agenda of CONQUERING HALF THE WORLD AND SLAUGHTERING THE OTHER.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:40 am

Sinnadrin wrote:We've got an utterly lovely and aesthetically-pleasing quartette of female officers now, but that also happens to place us in the rather dire need of some convincted and determined gentlemen at the forefront to better emphasize our quite masculine agenda of CONQUERING HALF THE WORLD AND SLAUGHTERING THE OTHER.

Yes, give us females more eyecandy! I mean.. ehr... Rawr! Slaughter!
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next