Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bloodwind Regiment

+13
Nayan
Shaelyssa
Mandui
Magaskawee/Anaei
Saevir
Lavian
Krogon Devilstep
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gesh
Gallandria
Jayse
Mikasa
Gabriel Delaney
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Bloodwind Regiment Empty The Bloodwind Regiment

Post by Gabriel Delaney Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Part I - New friends

I find myself in a downcast state, as a new friend approaches me. I throw him a cold glance, as his questioning eyes examine the aged walls of Caer Darrow, and the rally of exhausted men.“They took her. They took my wife,” I muster to utter.

His eyes widen. As to many before him, the news come unexpected. I see anger raise within him, but not an ounce of fear. He exclaims an array of questioning words, but I cannot hear them, for rage have already consumed my mind, and what little sensibility I had left in me.

Besides… If I had an answer, any answer at all, I would already be on my way. Whoever is behind it will forever regret, and will forever be blamed by their allies. For they have yet to see my wrath… What I am capable of.

“The Forsaken!” I declare in way most unseemly. “Whom else?!” I continue, before realizing I have spouted information I cannot confirm, nor fully believe. Not only the monsters of Tirisfal could benefit from The Chair Lady’s capture…

I forget my vengeful notions for a moment, as the two of us become five. The Minister of War places his hand on my shoulder, a rare gesture seen from a man of such high estate. The two others, veterans of war, Tyross and Mikasa stand before me in the proud colors of the Alliance.

“Don't let your emotions lead you astray, Gabriel. As dire as the matter is, it should be handled delicately. A man of your profession, above all, should know this.”

I find myself unwilling to hear the words of Geldar Angelos, even though a part of me recognize the wisdom they carry. Instead, I turn my back on them. They know I’m about to act, and I know they will follow.

Because in the end, we strive to achieve the very same.

Part II - A voice in the rain

The hour is late, and the rain cold.

Terrordale… I despise the area as much as our newly captured wretch. Screaming and clawing, we had dragged him inside the abandoned cellar. A far more violent ordeal than earlier anticipated, but no matter. I urge to handle it all by myself, but alas, the ominous atmosphere suppress my voice.
I sit back and watch the men begin the interrogation. The fiend seems to have kept his common tongue in shape, as I hear him chant the same ominous words, over and over.

“The shadow will not forsake me. The shadow will not forsake me.”

Not a moment sooner, I see it cower in a corner, still mumbling the same phrase. How naive I have been… Did I really think we could simply capture one of them, and it would solve my problems? I already start to doubt my own strategy, I feel weak. Ranting of shadow and light commence, and my patience run out.

“Do you even wonder why we brought you here?!” I shout, catching the attention of everyone present, including the wretch.

“Why would you do this to a fellow human?!” It spouts pathetically.“I’m a veteran of the second war, you bastards! I killed orcs, fought for your existence!”

“Shut your feckin’ mouth.”

I am in no mood to listen to hear of his past, after all, this creature was once one of us. But we must do what we can to save my wife…

“The shadow will not forsake me,” the wretch repeats.

“Where is she? Where is the chair lady?!” I growl, staring into the hollow eyes of my enemy.

“The pain she must have felt,” the forsaken smirks.

I break its fragile jaw as a response. It dawns on me the undead fails to comprehend the critical nature of its situation.

“You can never comprehend what justice awaits you shall you not release her. I’ll reign a firestorm upon your very city, neither you nor your allies will have a moment to think or rest again. A new regiment will form, and these men here will make that happen. There are hundreds of us out there, men who are worth five of you, and not afraid to spend every ounce of breath on hunting you down. If you do not release her, the Bloodwind Regiment will form.

Is she worth the risk of your own downfall? Because she is to me.”

“The shadow will not forsake me,” the wretch repeats.

Geldar interrupts me before I have a chance to lose my patience again.

“Gentlemen, I believe this calls for holy fire.”

The men nods in agreement. I step away, and outside in the rain. What the undead had mentioned of my beloved plagues me. I can almost hear a soothing voice comfort me, am I going insane already? But then it hits me, someone is speaking to me, from the shadows.

“The forsaken is lying,” the female voice utters, though had the fiend been screaming any louder to the wrath of Geldar, her clear voice would have gone unheard.

I know the area is haunted, but this is not the voice of ghosts.

“Where are you?” I respond, seeing nothing but rain and darkness.

“The forsaken have her not, your efforts are in vain. You must turn your vision to the green skins.”

“The orcs?” I whisper to myself. “Please, show yourself.”

The voice does not speak again.

Part III – Red winds

Among snoring soldiers, we make our way to the meeting place. On top of the walls of Caer Darrow, we watch the roads with vigilant eyes, while discussing the recent events.

“So someone believes the orcs have her?” Mikasa snorts.

“It doesn’t matter now, it could be anyone.” Tyross adds.

“Geldar. Is it be possible the forsaken was lying? Even with your holy methods in use?” I ask.

I start to hope the orcs did take her. Thrall would not allow an execution of Stormwind’s chair lady. He’s a coward after all.

“Possible, but not probable,” he replies, after much hesitation.

I, on the other hand, deem it much probable. Perhaps more so because I wish for it, than that it’s likely. A dangerous thing to do, but I have to keep my hopes up somehow.

“Delaney.” Tyross looks at me, almost unforbearingly. “One of them was lying. Do we really have time to find out who, using methods of diplomacy and deception? The very two reasons we’re still in the same world as them. Do what you spoke of, form your regiment. I’ll do my part here, while you return to Stormwind.”

I will do what I must. I’ll exploit the very positions of these men if I have to. I have the minister of war in my back, and the mysterious Tyross, who seems to know the Plaguelands like the back of his hand. With the aid of these men, a new order of war shall form. One that bypasses the politics preventing the progress of Stormwind, and the downfall of Thrall’s wretched horde. And most of all, ignore the ones who have already forgotten what befell their own king...

The Bloodwind Regiment... The horde shall never forget our name, as we will never forget their misdeeds. I will take back what is mine, and then some...

For Varian.

Gabriel Delaney

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Delaney
Title: High Commander of the Bloodwind Regiment, SI:7 Veteran

http://bloodwind.net

Back to top Go down

The Bloodwind Regiment Empty Re: The Bloodwind Regiment

Post by Mikasa Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:05 pm

All hail the glorious Bloodwind Regiment!
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:07 pm

HOOAH!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Yay!
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Mervyn squeeled like a girl. /shame.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:36 pm

((So... either Rasonal or the orcses got some 'splainin to do?))
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:((So... either Rasonal or the orcses got some 'splainin to do?))

no...

...a rogue individual who shall go wthout name does.

Last edited by Krogon on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:09 pm

Krogon wrote:
Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:((So... either Rasonal or the orcses got some 'splainin to do?))

no...

...a rogue individual who shall go wirhout name does.

Rasonal's cousing Lanosar? [See what I did thar'?]
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Ovelia "Snow" Adair wrote:
Krogon wrote:

no...

...a rogue individual who shall go wirhout name does.

Rasonal's cousing Lanosar? [See what I did thar'?]

not in the slightest.

'rogue individual' not an individual who is a rogue...

Gawwww
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:24 am

Stop giving it all away! :<
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:38 am

I think Mrs. Delaney needs to hire herself a few bodyguards that won't leave her side for anything. This damsel in distress thing is getting repetitive.

If I got kidnapped or captured this often, I'd never leave the house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:01 am

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:

Lol

Signaturing.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:15 am

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:I think Mrs. Delaney needs to hire herself a few bodyguards that won't leave her side for anything. This damsel in distress thing is getting repetitive.

DOesn't work for Princess Peach, that girl never leaves the Castle but Bowser keeps getting her.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:18 am

Anaei/Vezullia/Minua wrote:DOesn't work for Princess Peach, that girl never leaves the Castle but Bowser keeps getting her.

Maybe they're related. o_o Or someone's been holding out on us and we have the original Princess Peach on or server? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:19 am

Empowered female charecters kick ass, Espically undead ones. Did I mention Vectorias a Chaos bolt wielding Queen?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:21 am

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:Empowered female charecters kick ass, Espically undead ones. Did I mention Vectorias a Chaos bolt wielding Queen?

Perhaps.

But Anaei is an actual Royal. Check-mate.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:21 am

...Yeah but is she a zombie, No she isn't? Forget your chess, That's a buckshot to the brain.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:23 am

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:...Yeah but is she a zombie, No she isn't? Forget your chess, That's a buckshot to the brain.

Precisely. She's not a zombie. She's actually attractive and can make a snide comment without fear of her ugly jaw falling off.

King me.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:27 am

<-- The Ice Queen a.k.a. Queen Bitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:31 am

Vectoria's so hot, she pulled off undead. Check the avatar.

And my gnome met your's today Anaei Very Happy Sweet moment.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:34 am

There's only one undead who managed to pull off sexy.

That'd be Sylvanas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:38 am

...Were related? Don't you know? D8

Varessa was just a set back. 

Anyway, I have this concept that the vaine Forsaken; who still retain some human emotion about looks would frequently visit the apothecary for skin adjustsment implants, plastic surgery for the damned. Of course they would -never- look alive but some sence of class would be kept not attractive mind.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:40 am

Lovely concept, but I have a feeling we're gonna get told for derailing, so let's go debate Forsaken vanity in the Tzeentch thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:25 am

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:I think Mrs. Delaney needs to hire herself a few bodyguards that won't leave her side for anything. This damsel in distress thing is getting repetitive.

Yes, quite. I reckon that getting captured by request 3 times total in 4 years is truly repetitive...

Each time signaled the beginning of an actual plot and it was more than just a "Oh dang, I'm bored. I'll get myself captured again" thing. Besides, council members and other known characters tend to become the target of such actions rather easily for obvious reasons. Any idea how often Fortesgue, Lilath or other people got captured? I'm clueless to be honest, since I don't see a point in counting them, as long as it creates RP :/
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:29 am

I don't just mean your Chair Lady character. It's not just happened on that one. We've been in the same guild, and your character got kidnapped/abducted a time or two. Maybe more.

I just don't see how that can continue to be entertaining. Personally, I'm surprised Mandui's lived this long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next