Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloodwind: OOC and IC Power

+30
Skarre
Halazz
Gogol
Valerias
Elízabéth Moren
Zhakiri
Etular
Gunnell
William Helmsley
Gesh
Mikasa
Nayan
Gabriel Delaney
Jahi
Magaskawee/Anaei
Rasonal Dranger
Sanara
Geldar
Flo
Jomir
Gallandria
Lini
Mandui
Jayse
Cathee Norris
Arathoran
Raelan
Gilraen
Lavian
John Helsythe Amaltheria
34 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bloodwind: OOC and IC Power Empty Bloodwind: OOC and IC Power

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 pm

Hello, all. Let me begin by saying that the purpose of this thread is a fruitful discussion, which hopefully leads to a mature conclusion, and not to a flamefest. There is no reason to lock this thread, for, as I said, the purpose of it is a discussion, and not a flamewar. We are aware it’s a sensitive subject and that many, if not all, of Bloodwinds’ members are forum-moderators here. Also, if you’re Horde and all you gonna say is “Don’t you love Alliance drama?”, please stay out of it, the real realm forums are for that, these are RP-forums, so please respect the RPers.

Now, I’d like to discuss, as the title says, the current power of Bloodwind as a guild. Many feel they are overstepping their bounds by practically ruling everything and under what right? A few examples:

- They have 3 members on the council, wheras a few don’t even belong there. (Like King Varian, or the Church of the Holy Light for that matter, would allow a shadow priest on the council? ICly she would have been arrested/hung AGES ago, but she’s in Bloodwind. Her RP skills however are top-notch and she does a good job on the council! Kudo’s to her. Partially. Imprisoning her with no matter how much evidence (conspiring with forsaken) seems impossible as Bloodwind will release her.)

- They apparently are the leaders of the SW army. (This is so mainly because they organize a lot of W-PvP events and keep things in check, the community speaks to them with questions, but are they really? All their authority is enforced without OOC permission.)

- Apparently their guild-members are also the leader of SI:7, one of the most powerful factions in Stormwind. (And they make their rules up to be unbreakable or defeatable. 1. SI:7 agents never have to show their face. 2. They never have to tell their name. 3. Their one badge apparently over-rules other guilds and is used to free their crime-committing Bloodwind friends. They also hand these badges out to their other friends, who RP in criminal guilds and RP actual criminals. They attack and commit crimes everywhere, but they are unable to be imprisoned, Bloodwind grants their players a free-pass if so desired. One would think SI:7 kept to the law, kept undercover and ran background checks on their agents? Also invisible earpieces that are radio’s?)

- Their members also have super high ranks and out-rank all other guilds or something. Oh, and their members fund the war. (Did they ever ask for any OOC permission to outrank any guild at all? And to what degree can they?)

- All their members RP mostly in full PvP gear and are undefeatable in any form of combat. (From an IC perspective, PvP gear is horribly uneffective. All that extra weight and useless colours only makes you easy to spot, recognize and extra heavy.)

- Mistakes? What character makes mistakes? Often it seems like Bloodwinders are the perfect cliché characters, never will you catch them do anything foolish or realistic, or so many feel.

- Sometimes many feel that if you aren’t within their friend circle, nothing seems to happen. Months for approvals, no fresh and interesting RPers seem to get a chance on the council. (It’s full of perfect characters who are part of the friend circle, so it can appear.)

- Alternative ideas or guild get no chance. Sometimes it would appear Bloodwind tries to keep everyone a “Lightie” and keep Defias in an endless loop of recurring RP.

Why should we allow them to rule RP?:

- Bloodwind has done A LOT for the community and organized a lot. Take for example the many W-PvP battles, the Menethil event, the council.
- People need order. They need to know who they can rely on to go with questions about RP and the community. Bloodwind does exactly that. They provide answers and make things happen.
- The Bloodwinders have quality RPers. They know what they’re doing and they do it good at times. You cannot complain about their RP-skill.
- They are friendly people OOC, willing to listen, if a little busy at times.
- They don’t push it too far, most of the time.

What I personally feel they can improve on:

- Give others a chance, both IC and OOC.
- Stop giving yourselves titles. If you don’t have an army guild or an SI:7 guild, don’t expect to be the army or SI:7’s leader. Never try to boss ANY guild around unless you’ve got their OOC permission to outrank their guild and their members. Let the guilds’ themselves decide what they agree on, you don’t rule RP.
- New people with new and fresh ideas want chances too.
- Stop being flawless. You cannot be good at everything. If you’re good at one thing you should be bad at the other thing. Where are your character-weaknesses? Where are your characters bad-habits? Why do you never see a Bloodwinder screw up IC?
- Stop standing behind your friends. The main problem with the “rulers” being in one guild is that they are all friends and won’t stand against each other and will do their best to help their own friends with any means necessary.
- What is your IC standpoint really? What is “Bloodwind”? An IC guild? An OOC guild? Nobody knows.
- When does it stop being credible?

I tried avoiding pointing fingers in specific cases, for a clean and nice beginning of this discussion. I ask both sides to respect what people will say, and not to hunt them down/ignore them if they went against your side. I want everyone to feel free to reply in here, no matter what your opinion is, no matter which side you support, no matter if you don’t support either side even. I’ve heard various opinions and gathered various stories and put them all together in one big thing.
I hope the discussion will be mature and give Bloodwind and the rest of the community something to think about.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Bloodwind: OOC and IC Power Empty Re: Bloodwind: OOC and IC Power

Post by Lavian Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 pm

I'll make a proper reply later but I got all "huh?" at this part;

They also hand these badges out to their other friends, who RP in criminal guilds and RP actual criminals.

[Elaborate. I havn't read this all yet nor do I have the time for now but this one stood out!]
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilraen Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Could you offer a few examples of your accusations? The opening post above is too generic to give us a proper view and all that.
Gilraen
Gilraen

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 pm

This merely shows how clueless you are on several of your points tbh.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Karkath/Màrag Your a nice guy, I like you, that is why I will kill you last. Wink

PS: I Agree with you.
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Have yet to read all, but I'd like to point out there are two Bloodwinders that are moderators on this forum. Hence far from all as you say at the top. And it is only by coincidence that is so, for Ovelia was not in Bloodwind when she was appointed moderator.

With that said, I'll have a look here in a bit again to read it all.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:38 pm

- Apparently their guild-members are also the leader of SI:7, one of the most powerful factions in Stormwind. (And they make their rules up to be unbreakable or defeatable. 1. SI:7 agents never have to show their face. 2. They never have to tell their name. 3. Their one badge apparently over-rules other guilds and is used to free their crime-committing Bloodwind friends. They also hand these badges out to their other friends, who RP in criminal guilds and RP actual criminals. They attack and commit crimes everywhere, but they are unable to be imprisoned, Bloodwind grants their players a free-pass if so desired. One would think SI:7 kept to the law, kept undercover and ran background checks on their agents? Also invisible earpieces that are radio’s?)

Replying to the part that applies to me.

Now.. first and foremost. I am in Bloodwind on a purely OOC basis. IC I am NOTHING to do with the Bloodwind Regiment, I joined to take part in PvP and the odd Raid to break up my RP a little and be a part of a guild that has a few members more then just sat in Stormwind Intelligence guild by myself.

1. Correct, if people knew who SI:7 members were agent's would be dying left right and center.

2. Correct, layers are the key to survival. Every agent within SI:7 works under multiple aliases. I currently employ at least 6. The reasons for this are the same as point 1.

3. Correct. We carry an insignia. In conception of the whole concept I re-read all the lore, all the quests and picked up on the plaguelands (retrieve the insignia's) questline. Now.. the reason we have these is because we cannot show our faces we need to be able to show people of authority we are whom we state we are. It is backed up in accordance 'most of the time' with a prior letter so said authority figure will expect us. However not all situations allow for that to happen. (see spur of the moment dynamic RP)

SI:7 agents ONLY carry this insignia when they are on official capactiy. Any other time it is left in HQ as they walk the streets in plain clothing. Why?.. if they got mugged.. stopped and searched and the insignia was found.. it's game over. The insignia's have -never- been given to a 'friend' to assist in some way. SI:7 agent's do not have freinds. Roleplaying in criminal guilds.. have you heard of the term.. 'Undercover investigation?' Wink

4. The AVR is yes how Agents communicate. It's been long in development IC and also has a W-PvP creating element in that of the relays currently placed around the Eastern Continent. There is a thread about this. The earpieces are not invisible. If the said character is not making effort to hide it and your character is close enough they would probably spot it. But then again, would your character know a) what it is? and b) That because this person is using something like this that they are immidiatley an SI:7 agent?

5. In regards to keeping to the law. SI:7 is a known agency but what it does is completley confidential. Are you to think that for one second every intelligence agency across the globe has kept a clean sheet to keep it's country safe?. If you do then your sadly mistaken. The reason they keep things secret is because they do thing's that would put them and thier country in the shit if it was ever discovered. Hence.. Secret Intelligence Service.

Lorewise, SI:7 has been declared as been given "Royal Carte Blanche" by King Varian Wrynn. Which is french for 'Blank Cheque' meaning I don't care what you do or how you do it.. you just get it done. Again.. this side is not abused as plain and simple.. it's boring to do so at every turn and it isn't any fun for everyone involved.

I think in all faireness and I hope people in the community from all sides will back me up on this. That I have created a concept as true to the lore as I can get with a few inflections to make it interesting. I have also and continue to strive to make it fair and enjoyable for anyone interacting with us. SI:7 does not pull the golden card at every turn and corner, we do not act upon everything we may find out IC and we do not metagame situations that would put us at a severe advantage. From all the criminal guilds and Law enforcement guilds (as well as horde guilds) I have generally recieved positive feedback.

Much love!

Last edited by Jayse on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Ah, an interesting topic indeed. Let us begin, shall we?
Karkath/Màrag wrote:
- They have 3 members on the council, wheras a few don’t even belong there.
The guild existed already many years ago, but neither Geldar nor Eselan, along with many other people were members. It then went down, the name was taken by a horde guild for a short while, and it was returned to the alliance on the 30th of August 2009. It remained rather innactive until 5 months ago, when me and some other officers decided to make it active once more.The 3 members of the council, them being Geldar, Eselan and myself, have been ministers way before this happened.
Karkath/Màrag wrote:(Like King Varian, or the Church of the Holy Light for that matter, would allow a shadow priest on the council? ICly she would have been arrested/hung AGES ago, but she’s in Bloodwind. Her RP skills however are top-notch and she does a good job on the council! Kudo’s to her. Partially. Imprisoning her with no matter how much evidence (conspiring with forsaken) seems impossible as Bloodwind will release her.)
This matter has been discussed to death in various threads. I will advise you to look into them. On a side note, Mandui has been imprisoned several times and kept in a cell for whole weeks, if one counts all those incidents together. Nothing can be done when all there is are accusations without any solid proof however, be it in Mandui's case or any other for that matter.
Karkath/Màrag wrote:
- They apparently are the leaders of the SW army. (This is so mainly because they organize a lot of W-PvP events and keep things in check, the community speaks to them with questions, but are they really? All their authority is enforced without OOC permission.)
I don't think I ever saw anyone from Bloodwind enforcing their authority upon other without OOC permission. Apart from Geldar, who as above stated has been the minister of War for a very long time now, I'm fairly certain no one else has the slightest IC authority over the military.
Karkath/Màrag wrote:
This kinda confused me. If you are referring to Jayse, he began his intelligence project way before he became a Bloodwind member. He also never claimed to be the head of the SI:7, nor anyone else has done similar. I'm also unaware of the crimes they are committing everywhere or the badges you speak of. If those exist, they were surely not invented or introduced by Bloodwind.
Karkath/Màrag wrote:- Their members also have super high ranks and out-rank all other guilds or something. Oh, and their members fund the war. (Did they ever ask for any OOC permission to outrank any guild at all? And to what degree can they?)
No one ever claimed to outrank anyone. I'm fairly sure other guilds have marshals, high commanders or generals within their ranks as well; it's up to each guild to introduce those for their members. Nobody outside the guilds is obliged to recognize those ranks ICly, but we as a guild still do so, due to our ranking system. I doubt we need permission for that.
Karkath/Màrag wrote:
- All their members RP mostly in full PvP gear and are undefeatable in any form of combat. (From an IC perspective, PvP gear is horribly uneffective. All that extra weight and useless colours only makes you easy to spot, recognize and extra heavy.)
I have to disagree there. Apart from Mandui (I'm certain everyone knows her RP outfit by now, since the dark colors have caused a lot of discussions), I can name 5 other Bloodwind RPers from the top of my head and without thinking too long about it, who don't RP in full PvP gear. But even if this was the case, battle gear can still be very much IC, especially while not in a city.
Karkath/Màrag wrote:- Mistakes? What character makes mistakes? Often it seems like Bloodwinders are the perfect cliché characters, never will you catch them do anything foolish or realistic, or so many feel.
Those who "feels so" surely haven't been around long enough to witness the members' flaws. Most of us have been RPing since the very first day of WoW. You complimented my "top-notch" RP skills but that should also show you that I do have a certain experience when it comes to it. I did mistakes, all of us did and those were plenty. We learned out of each of them and moved on. We still make mistakes and we often admit it ICly as well. Maybe those who assume we are perfect, would think otherwise if they had experienced the course of the IC life any character have had already or if their characters were ICly closer to ours. You can assume much by not being close to someone's character, on a personal level that is.
Karkath/Màrag wrote:
- Sometimes many feel that if you aren’t within their friend circle, nothing seems to happen. Months for approvals, no fresh and interesting RPers seem to get a chance on the council. (It’s full of perfect characters who are part of the friend circle, so it can appear.)
You are mixing the council with Bloodwind here. Bloodwind =/= the council. The council has 10 members, of which only 3 are Bloodwind members. The whole "friend circle" comment is rather off, if you ask me, seeing how many new people the council has accepted over the past few months, just like the guild itself has.
Karkath/Màrag wrote:
- Alternative ideas or guild get no chance. Sometimes it would appear Bloodwind tries to keep everyone a “Lightie” and keep Defias in an endless loop of recurring RP.
This is also a confusing comment. New ideas or guild? That makes little sense >_>
Karkath/Màrag wrote:
I tried avoiding pointing fingers in specific cases, for a clean and nice beginning of this discussion. I ask both sides to respect what people will say, and not to hunt them down/ignore them if they went against your side. I want everyone to feel free to reply in here, no matter what your opinion is, no matter which side you support, no matter if you don’t support either side even. I’ve heard various opinions and gathered various stories and put them all together in one big thing.
I hope the discussion will be mature and give Bloodwind and the rest of the community something to think about.
I don't really understand why you place the "picking sides" in this. We are really not enforcing anything on anyone. The latest campaign was free for everyone interested to join. We even made it accessible for guildless people, so those lone wolves can join as well. If you are confusing IC authority with OOC one, then you are making a mistake I must say.

It's normally the ones organizing an event who try to keep the communication and coordination between all those participating in it. It seems that you confuse this with a sort of forcing our will on other people, which is really not the case. I believe people could be a bit more considerate and perhaps slightly thankful for others investing time and effort to organize such events, instead of taking everything the wrong way :/

Last edited by Mandui on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 7 times in total
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't quite a few of the Bloodwinders been doing their thing for quite a bit longer than the actual guild has existed. It's not as if people founded Bloodwind and then decided that they all should be prominent people in the community with lots of power. Said community figures just have migrated to the guild for one reason or another. That's not the guild's fault.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:00 pm

They have 3 members on the council

That wouldn't change the minds of the character's views on things. People been doing this longer then the guild has been around.

Shadow priest on the council?

Who says Shadow priest are evil?

They apparently are the leaders of the SW army.

For our own regiment.

Apparently their guild-members are also the leader of SI:7

SI:7 is not apart of Bloodwind. They are just in the guild oocly because we love them <3 and they are guild friends so we invited them.

crime-committing Bloodwind friends.

Example please.

Their members also have super high ranks and out-rank all other guilds or something. Oh, and their members fund the war. (Did they ever ask for any OOC permission to outrank any guild at all? And to what degree can they?)

Captain is really a super high rank yus. And no we only command our regiment this has been stated both IC and ooc already.

All their members RP mostly in full PvP gear and are undefeatable in any form of combat. (From an IC perspective, PvP gear is horribly uneffective. All that extra weight and useless colours only makes you easy to spot, recognize and extra heavy.)

Ok you cant wear t1 t2 t3 t4 t5 t6 t7 t8 t9 t10. That is not an argument. Warcraft is a world with dragons demons and Lichkings.

Mistakes? What character makes mistakes? Often it seems like Bloodwinders are the perfect cliché characters, never will you catch them do anything foolish or realistic, or so many feel.
Example please.

Sometimes many feel that if you aren’t within their friend circle, nothing seems to happen. Months for approvals, no fresh and interesting RPers seem to get a chance on the council. (It’s full of perfect characters who are part of the friend circle, so it can appear.)
Patience is a virtue. The council get's bogged down by lots of IC drama and ooc drama stuff, just be paitent it will come.

Alternative ideas or guild get no chance. Sometimes it would appear Bloodwind tries to keep everyone a “Lightie” and keep Defias in an endless loop of recurring RP.
Events have never been shunned by Bloodwind. Also I dont understand what you mean by "
tries to keep everyone a “Lightie” "

I would suggest actually checking somethings out first before posting such things.

Edit: sorry if the reply sounds hostile illness and lack of sleep.

Last edited by Veia/Aylisha on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Bloodwind are guys you would love to hate but really you hate to love them ^_^
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Right, gonna stick in my point of view. And with this I'd like to add that I'm not really a friend per say with the whole of Bloodwind. I think I know a total of three of their members, so I believe I speak on a rather neutral point.

I want to point out a few things on the examples made in the OP.

1. The thing that there are so many Ministers in Bloodwind is pure coincidence. As for the shadow priest part I think this has been discussed to an end already. It ain't a valid point because people have different opinions on shadow magic.

2. As far as I know, Geldar was General of the Army of Stormwind long before he joined Bloodwind. This has nothing to do with the guild as far as I know, but with Geldar considering he is the Minister of War.

3. Also a coincident, and as Jay explained he ain't even in Bloodwind IC. He had his own guild before, but decided to use SI:7 as an unguilded group, which as of yet is working wonders for the RP community, from what I can see.

4. I don't see why this is relevant to the server. That's up to the guild itself what they want to name their ranks. I highly doubt they name the ranks to consciously outrank other guilds.

5. PvP gear.. RP gear.. PvE gear. Thats up to the character what they want to consider their roleplay gear, again something that has nothing to do with the guild. But being an RPPvP guild it makes sense that they wear PvP gear, considering how much they do PvP.

6. Again something that is not relevant to the guild. This is also every players choice, and many people not in Bloodwind do this also. Not to mention the few people form Bloodwind I know, I've seen each and every one of them severely hurt at least once. So this does not sound like a fact to me, more prejudice then anything.

7. The months of approval I assume you point towards the Council. Again, not having anything to do with Bloodwind (I feel I'm starting to repeat myself). This has to do with how much work the Council currently has on their hands, what they need to prioritize, and often has to do with a lot of OOC misunderstandings also. As for the new people aspect, when it comes to the Council at least that's just a pure lie. Anyone is allowed to apply. It ain't about whether you are a friend of the members already or not, but how you've RPed on the server before, how you've conducted your roleplay in previous times, if you're fit for the seat and other such issues. Once you do join this "circle of friends" you speak of is very open and welcoming to the new person. As is it to non Council members also. If you tried to speak to us you'd see that.

8. This is kind of contradicting to previous posts you wrote, where you said some Bloodwinders RP evil and some shadow magicians etc.

As for the improvement part, wanted to nudge a few comments there also.

1. I don't know about Bloodwind itself (since I've never tried to apply for it), but since some of the points seemed directed to the Council I can with a clear conscience say that everyone gets a chance, both IC and OOC.

2. I think this is, and always has been a rather silly point. No one rules RP even if they think they do. Because if someone disagree with it they can simply ignore it.

3. See point 1.

4. As mentioned in point 6 on the examples.

5. I don't know if I am acting biased, maybe I am. I don't know a whole lot of Bloodwind. Nor have I been interacting a lot with them more then the few people I know in Bloodwind. So I do feel I'm being neutral in the matter. I simply think the points are very.. Odd and contradicting.

6. From what I understand its RP PvP guild, with some PvPers not being IC in the guild. But regardless, its obvious it is an RP PvP guild, at least to me.

7. I'm not sure what to answer on the question here, but I do think that people are taking all this way out of hand. I don't understand why they drag a whole guild in on what a few people might of done. Bloodwind has nothing to do with the Council other then that some Ministers are members. All I can really see (without wanting to start flame wars), is people being blankly jealous on how well the guild is doing. Might be wrong of course, but that is kind of how it feels to me.

As for Bloodwind, amazing job with the events you're doing. DB should be proud to have you. If I wasn't such a noob at pvping myself I'd most likely try to join on some character also.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm guessing Bloodwind's the scapegoat of the month, or should I say season.

I recall when TAW was accused of stuff like this.

Ah.. nostalgia.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Sanaje wrote:I'm guessing Bloodwind's the scapegoat of the month, or should I say season.

Ah.. nostalgia.
Ain't it funny and a little sad at the same time though? You take the initiative to plan things for the realm and you get this. No wonder people cba organizing anything anymore Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Sanaje wrote:I'm guessing Bloodwind's the scapegoat of the month, or should I say season.

Ah.. nostalgia.
There's always been a guild with higher than average IC and OOC power that gets accused of everything.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Ain't it funny and a little sad at the same time though? You take the initiative to plan things for the realm and you get this. No wonder people cba organizing anything anymore

No no, that's not the point. I've experienced this campaign from Bloodwind for example on both alliance and horde and I truely loved it.

Don't get me wrong or perhaps... I have voiced myself incorrectly.

I tried to say that I experience great things from bloodwind but also bad things from bloodwind(&co) and I personally wish that they would change a little. I really don't want to call names and all that, I just wanted to see other people their opinions and a discussion about this.

I also understand that it doesn't concearn ALL of bloodwind&co

Thanks for your replies so far! cheers
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:42 pm

We became the illuminati and noone told me? What is this heresy? I want my share of the power!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:42 pm

GELDAR TOLD ME TO POST ALL OF THIS! <runs>
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:44 pm

- The Bloodwinders have quality RPers. They know what they’re doing and they do it good at times. You cannot complain about their RP-skill.

Bull-shit I can't.

- They are friendly people OOC, willing to listen

*falls out of chair laughing*

Ah, heh-eh, so anyway, that's cute. Personally I feel that a lot of the things that are wrong with Alliance RP these days can be blamed directly on Bloodwind and assosciates - so I guess I sort of agree with the OP really in spite of the lulz - and that we'd probably all benefit from if they;

-Stayed OOC as a guild, instead of making excuses to barge in on PvP events. It used to be an OOC entity and having it suddenly be an in-universe unit of massive self-proclaimed importance really shreds suspension of disbelief.

-Refrained from the thuggish behaviour I've observed in which members group up to bitch and smudge people who have a grudge with others in the guild. It's not your concern, and it's harassment.

-Took Mandui off the council. Seriously, that point keeps coming back like a squash ball, harder and harder to deflect every time. Someone's going to catch it in the balls eventually. Actually, if she was just executed that'd be cool, change the goddamn status quo up a bit instead of stagnating RP further.

If anyone wants to say that this is a problem with the Council and not Bloodwind specifically, then I can roll with that too. Kill the whole Council off and let Varian rule, 'kay? We really don't need RP moderators telling us what is and isn't coo', hooah? I do think people can be trusted to manage their own plot lines without constantly trying to throw a childish power-play into the mix.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

It's not your concern, and it's harassment.

h0h0h0h0h0h0h0h0h0 look who is talking about that!

Sorry sir, but in all seriousness - what are -you- talking about? Dont speak about others when your basement is full of corpses :>

Last edited by Geldar on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Merandil wrote:
We really don't need RP moderators telling us what is and isn't coo', hooah? I do think people can be trusted to manage their own plot lines without constantly trying to throw a childish power-play into the mix.

Speaking for myself and only for myself, I have to agree with this. Nothing against the Council, or Bloodwind, or anyone else. But simply this. We really don't need RP moderators telling us what is and what isn't cool. But that's just my personal opinion.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Merandil, I wouldn't be this loudmouthed after what happened 3 years ago and after seeing even to this day how you treat people. Really, I so wouldn't >_>

Also, you don't like the council, stay away from it. Simple as and it's been said like 9876496 times already. However this thread is about BW, so leave the council out of it, will ya? Smile
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Rasonal Dranger wrote:
Merandil wrote:
We really don't need RP moderators telling us what is and isn't coo', hooah? I do think people can be trusted to manage their own plot lines without constantly trying to throw a childish power-play into the mix.

Speaking for myself and only for myself, I have to agree with this. Nothing against the Council, or Bloodwind, or anyone else. But simply this. We really don't need RP moderators telling us what is and what isn't cool. But that's just my personal opinion.

Naturally Ras, I agree with that. Noone needs RP moderators telling you or me anything. But do tell me or give me an example of someone OOCly going and saying "No, you cannot RP that, change that."

Allow me to give an example of what the Council could be however. On Argent Dawn there is a guild called "The Court", it is led by a person who has proclaimed himself Highlord of Stormwind, this guild controls litterally all RP on the Alliance Stormwind community. And this guild led by this person decides who is a good Rper and who is a bad Rper depending on his mood/personal preferences/friend circle. Now imagine, those people decide if you are a good or bad Rper regardless of what you are, and if you go against them you are blacklisted instantly by the entire community.

This is an example of moderated RP, and from what one looks at it is very different to what the Council does. And furthermore, you are playing Horde, arent you? How come are you voicing an opinion regarding an ALLIANCE related subject in which you have no part of?
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:56 pm

And may I add: It's hard to ignore ( not /ignore ) or avoid the council.
I do have a character where I can avoid them when ever I want, but on some concepts it's not entirely possible if you want to make it work because keep in mind that the council/bloodwind &community DO have ALOT of influence on the server.

Anyways.. perhaps we should try this from a different angle.
What do you all think that could improve or should change a little?

I personally do not agree with "Bloodwind should stay ooc" or "destroy the council". That's obviously out of question but yeah..
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Karkath/Màrag wrote:And may I add: It's hard to ignore ( not /ignore ) or avoid the council.
I do have a character where I can avoid them when ever I want, but on some concepts it's not entirely possible if you want to make it work because keep in mind that the council/bloodwind &community DO have ALOT of influence on the server.

Anyways.. perhaps we should try this from a different angle.
What do you all think that could improve or should change a little?

I personally do not agree with "Bloodwind should stay ooc" or "destroy the council". That's obviously out of question but yeah..
I still wonder why you relate council and Bloodwind with each other :/

As for improvements, you made the thread, go ahead and suggest? Perhaps reply to my post?
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next