Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where should we have our prison/custody?

+10
Kil'drakor
Nithel
Geldar
Jayse
Skarre
Elízabéth Moren
Magaskawee/Anaei
Etular
Zinkle Figgins
Meralynn / Ashla
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where should we have our prison/custody? Empty Where should we have our prison/custody?

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Asking you guys for help as you might know who's using the locations or have any good ideas.
We are temporarily sharing the Command Center's cellars with all those others. We would prefer a less crowded location, though. (thank you Blazing Shields for letting us use it!)

These are the available locations I have so far looked at and their pros and cons:

Command Center cellar

pros
Close
Prison-like

cons
Used by several guilds already
Small

Westbrook Garrison

pros

Very prison-like
Un-used (as far as I know)

cons
Very far away
Will be hard to provide prisoners with RP at that distance
Risk for rescue raids gets bigger on the way there
Waste of a good soldier location

SI:7 cellars
pros

Close

cons
The Stormwind Intelligence guild leader wasn't happy about sharing it as they use it as a storage of goods.

Stockades
pros

Middle of the city
Unused
Is actually a real prison

cons
Instance that requires lvl 15
Requires clearing mobs all the bloody time
Imagine having more than 4 in prison at the same time.

Cathedral crypts
pros

Good prison-like feeling
Two cells
Big enough
Very close to where we will hopefully have our HQ

cons
It's in the bloody CATHEDRAL
Previously been used as a prison with horrible results of people fighting all over the place and disturbing quiet religious RP in an annoying way

Blue Recluse Cellar
pros

Close by
Unused as far as I know

cons
Doesn't make much sense to use a wine cellar as prison. -.-

Empty shop (there are two or three of those in SW)
pros

Close
Unused
the prisoners could enjoy tailoring while they're still there -.-

cons
Is so stupid I can't even believe I am even adding it to the list.

Unless we can solve this we will have to keep the prisoners in our pockets. That will not make anyone happy.
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Where should we have our prison/custody? Empty Re: Where should we have our prison/custody?

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:12 pm

I suggest the Stockades, but not the istance, the building itself. It could work.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Where should we have our prison/custody? Empty Re: Where should we have our prison/custody?

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:21 pm

Yes, we have considered that. It's so bloody crowded by NPC's though. -.-
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Billiam wrote:
Cathedral crypts
pros

Good prison-like feeling
Two cells
Big enough
Very close to where we will hopefully have our HQ

cons
It's in the bloody CATHEDRAL
Previously been used as a prison with horrible results of people fighting all over the place and disturbing quiet religious RP in an annoying way

Blue Recluse Cellar
pros

Close by
Unused as far as I know

cons
Doesn't make much sense to use a wine cellar as prison. -.-

Empty shop (there are two or three of those in SW)
pros

Close
Unused
the prisoners could enjoy tailoring while they're still there -.-

cons
Is so stupid I can't even believe I am even adding it to the list.

Unless we can solve this we will have to keep the prisoners in our pockets. That will not make anyone happy.

Quite frankly, I would use any of the above three. Twisted Evil The Cathedral, like you say, has the con pro of disrupting those heretical lightdogs and, ofcourse, who doesn't have a prison in a Cathedral? I mean, both the Priests and Guards believe in Retribution, Repentance etc. As for the Blue Recluse cellar, you can force-feed the prisoners booze until they pass out if they get on your nerves! Surely that's good enough reason! As for the store, don't criticise knitting! Knitting may be the only thing capable of deterring a mass-murderer from killing his next victim!

In all seriousness, despite distance, I suggest Westbrook Garrison. The RP community needs to broaden it's borders, and you might be the person to convince others to RP in more distant locations! Very Happy
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:11 pm

The Command Centre. Simply put it's the prison cell that's always been used and always should. I don't see the debate. All other alternatives are unrealistic.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Where should we have our prison/custody?

Im sorry, but someone just had to say it.

UR MUMZ HOUZE

But really, I vote for Westbrook.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 pm

I find the Command Center to be far too crowded, actually. I would prefer a place where we can push needles under our prisoner's fingernails without having random citizens run in and see what's going on. Hence the Westbrook Garrison is very appealing. The problem there is the distance though. As I have made a promise to provide prisoners with RP most of the time it would be easier for me and my men to keep that vos if we didn't have to interrupt everything else and run there on our mounts all over Elwynn.
The actual taking of people TO westbrook also takes long time and opens up for annoying escapes.
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:32 am

Well, isn't a rescue party something that makes RP fun?

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 am

Not if it happens all the time and through META-gaming, no. Other than that I guess it's fun. Smile
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:45 am

Billiam wrote:Not if it happens all the time and through META-gaming, no. Other than that I guess it's fun. Smile

I suggest one of your guards either be a warlock stationed there.

Or get a Mekgineer's Chopper.

For easy prisinor transport.

But then you gotta ask, if you are there guarding that one prisinor, whata bout the criminals robbing and pillaging stormwind?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:47 am

Well, all of us will not be guarding the prisoners. Let's say one of us can offer them RP at least one hour/day. That should be enough to make them happy.

If the prison was located in SW popping in while on patrol and slap them around a bit is way easier.
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:34 am

Well, RP is never fun when there is metagamed, so that pretty much rules that option out :p

Also, having a prison outside a city is much more realistic. I wouldn't want a prison in my backyard either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarre Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:36 am

Westbrook i like. can all ways start the basic questioning at the comand center then 'once they are processed 'take them to west brook. If they can arrange an escape plan while ic with us. they should be able to try it.
can do the rp there on shift pattern with in the wardens. to help make it feel like there rotating patrols in the area. just my two cents
Skarre
Skarre

Location : On a roof watching the star's (( also know to be in south england))

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:49 am

"The Stormwind Intelligence guild leader wasn't happy about sharing it as they use it as a storage of goods"

That kinda make's it sound like I threw a few toys out the pram. In all actuality there's no 'detention' area in SI:7. It isn't CTU.. and the command center is right nextdoor, with an actual prison cell and as far as i've seen it's not always 100% populated, but heck, people in an area Rp'ing. Not a bad thing is it?

I support the ideas of one of a garrisons. They're often dreadfully underused and are a good basis.

I also love your guild idea of a 'modelled' law enforcement with investigation tied in. I'm pretty sure we'll be doing things together in the near future <3

Martin Riggs: You don't trust me at all, do you?
Roger Murtaugh: Well, I'll tell you what. You make it through tomorrow without killing anybody, especially me, or yourself, then I'll start trusting you.
Martin Riggs: Fair enough.

Cheers!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:19 am

We will try the different options and see what works best for us. The Command Center is what we are trying now.

And sorry, Jayse, I didn't mean to make you seem a jerk or anything when I wrote that, hope you didn't take any offence. Smile.
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:23 am

<3 you, and no worries Wink
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:26 am

Well technically a prison isn't supposed to be in the city, it's supposed to be as far from potential victims as possible, so Westbrook kind of fits the concept of a prison more for me.

Or you can use the Borean Tundra castle. It's not that far, it's not that overused... And it's an actual prison! And even a level 1 can get there with a ship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 am

Marrenus wrote:Well technically a prison isn't supposed to be in the city, it's supposed to be as far from potential victims as possible, so Westbrook kind of fits the concept of a prison more for me.

Or you can use the Borean Tundra castle. It's not that far, it's not that overused... And it's an actual prison! And even a level 1 can get there with a ship.

I can see your point here. But that doesn't stop the very important fact that we have promised to provide our prisoners with RP and have no interest in making that harder than it needs to be. So taking a ship to the other side of the world (which IC should take at least a day, imo) every time you need to feed the prisoners or cut them for fun would be both silly and probably get so annoying to do that we would eventually neglect it to some degree.
The same argument goes for riding out to Westbrook.

The only really awesome place is actually the Cathedral crypts, but this big muscular guy with the scary voice told us that was a nono, and Billiam doesn't start fights that he can't win. Crying or Very sad
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 am

The only really awesome place is actually the Cathedral crypts, but this big muscular guy with the scary voice told us that was a nono, and Billiam doesn't start fights that he can't win.

Why hello there. I told you that you can use it if you can figure out a way to prevent randoms entering, prisoners escaping and fights inside which tended to happen every time it was used as a prison. Of course it may look good, but I just dont see the Cathedral as a prison. It aint a spanish Catholic cathedral after all. I`ve always seen the Cathedral itself as a place of worship, meditation and peace but that is just me. -shrug- I mean, having the escaping prisoners attack the piligrims and praying people there.

As I tried to explain to you ingame and seemingly didnt explain the entire point, noone will stop you from using the Cathedral, but another question will be if people take it serious after the "X" escape and fight in the Cathedral. The whole point is for the prison/holding facillity to be a bit realistic. Plus, with the ammount of idiots around the Cathedral district these days you will be bound to have randoms running around almost all the time you RP there. And furthermore, I dont think that anyone will be willing to stay in a prison for days anymore no matter how good it looks, thats atleast what I got from a few people who were arrested and stood for a few days in such a facility for a few days before their trial - well that is unless you can provide them with constant presence of guards which they can RP with as you well know the rule of thumb here - if you cant provide security nothing stops them from escaping.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 pm

I really didn't mean to annoy you, Geldar, I apologise. I wrote that scentense with a big smile on my lips, actually. Smile

Of course it is not acceptable that people get attacked inside the cathedral and as I have no solution to that, except making people promise not to do it OOC. And then we would have nowhere to take those who didn't want to make such a promise.
I think Blizzard could dig another Stockades that wasn't a dungeon beside the first one, that's not too much to ask. Neutral
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:55 pm

I really didn't mean to annoy you, Geldar, I apologise. I wrote that scentense with a big smile on my lips, actually.

Its impossible to annoy me! Eitherway, if you feel that you and your guild would have the Catacombs fit best with the concept of a jail you have in mind, by all means go for it aslong as its played out good and provides good RP!

And about the attacks, I thought I`d give a example as to what you should expect if you decide to arrest and take people at the Cathedral:

You take person "A" inside and put him in a cell. After time person "B" and "C" which happen to be his friends try to break him out, eventually get in a fight with the guards, the fight moves up to the upper reaches of the Cathedral, randoms see it and join in and a big mess happens.

NOW! I`ve been thinking about this idea for some time and I am going to write the short version of it here since the big one is for the Council section: Basically introduce IC forced labour for those who are arrested.

How will this work? Very simple: 1st) They wont be in a cell the whole day, they will be paving roads (Or some other activity) ICly with guards watching over them! 2nd) The actual time they get to spend in the cell would be only for when they log out. (Basically making them spend little to no time in the cell while they are loged in, since they will be doing forced labour) which will provide the arrested people with some more activities than trying to piss off the guards.

Need to polish some of the details, but it could prove as a interesting concept.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Billiam wrote:...but this big muscular guy with the scary voice...

It's delightfully intimidating, isn't it? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Geldar wrote:which will provide the arrested people with some more activities than trying to piss off the guards.

PRISON RIOT!!!

Oh, he meant "other than trying to piss off the guards." cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:24 pm

I really like the idea of forced labour like Geldar mentioned. As I've said before: There's an entire Stormwind Harbour where you can put prisoners to work, from building ships to carrying cargo to cutting stones. This way you won't need to move out of Stormwind but at the same time you'll be away from randoms picking fights with the guards.

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:25 pm

That Borean Tundra idea is actually pretty good. For serious crimes you could ship them over to the Borean Tundra like was done by the Britons; sending convicts to Australia.

In line with the forced labour idea: What about reduced sentencing if they agree to fight in the King's army for a period of time? A special convict regiment? Fight the good fight up north!

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next