Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Journal of Fenodyree Ironbeard, Mastersmith

4 posters

Go down

The Journal of Fenodyree Ironbeard, Mastersmith Empty The Journal of Fenodyree Ironbeard, Mastersmith

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:33 am

I've been meaning to pick this back up for months, and will start by writing up an event I ran over the last few months. Once that event is written up I'll continue to post about stuff which is going on in my world.  As much as anything else this is just a place for me to keep a track of what I'm up to.

Forging New Armour

My armour is old.  I crafted it back when I was still a journeyman smith, when my skills were far less than they are now, and when I could not afford more quality materials in which to work.  So I wish to create something new.  I want to make a suit of armour which is special.  Light and malleable, yet unbreakable and extremely durable.  I have spent many months researching different alloys and have decided on the combination which will work for me:  Mithril silver plates atop Dark Iron chain links.   However this poses one serious problem:  the forging of Dark Iron is next to impossible.

I spoke to my friend Carmtan the Loremaster, and he told me that there is only one place you can forge Dark Iron items and that is right in the centre of Blackrock Mountain as this is the only place in Azeroth which gets hot enough to forge this metal.  He added that perhaps there is a forge in the centre of the Elemental Plane which is also hot enough but clearly that's not going to be possible to reach.   Unfortunately the core of Blackrock Mountain is controlled by the Dark Iron clan and they are not going to be welcoming enough to let me in there to perform this act.  So I have to assume that location is off limits.

With this knowledge and with some advice from Carmtan, I have decided I am not actually going to try to forge Dark Iron from scratch. Instead I have spent the last months scouring the lands of Searing Gorge and the Burning Steppes, searching for scraps of Dark Iron - skirmishing with many Dark Iron dwarves in the process. As such I have managed to acquire a big enough collection of Dark Iron scraps to reforge (not forge from scratch) into a chainmail suit.

Carmtan tells me that, though it will take an extremely hot forge to reforge Dark Iron scraps, it will not (he does not believe) actually require the full heat of the internals of Blackrock Mountain. So I am now searching Azeroth for the hottest fire in which to try and reforge the Dark Iron scraps I have.

Band of Brothers

My search for a hot enough fire to reforge Dark Iron has not gone well.  I have tried at the Great Forge in the city of Ironfirge and even here the scraps would not become malleable enough to work with.  I have even travelled, at great risk, to the accessible parts of Blackrock Mountain, and tried to reforge it there, but without success.  So now I know I need help.

I have asked Wolfgrim, my shamanic brother, if he could use his shamanic magic to raise the temperature of the fires of a volcano to exceptional levels - hot enough to reforge the Dark Iron.  Wolfgrim told me he is worried about my plans to try and raise the temperature of lava, saying that it was important that balance was maintained with the elements.  However, Wolfgrim spoke of a powerful orc shaman who was now some sort of pig farmer in Outland. He suggested that we could go and find this shaman and that he might be able to explain how we could achieve this. The orc shaman's name was Oronok.  It sounds like a really dangerous expedition but one which is needed if I am to forge my armour.

During this discussion the conversation turned to our other brothers.  Ragged, we agreed, was a drunk and an idiot, so we didn't expect any aid from him.  Drax was an enlisted soldier in the armies of Ironforge so was unlikely to be able to help us.  Then there is Klangeddin, our priest brother.  He was last heard of in Outland, seeking out examples of Shadow magic.  We feared for his safety, being lost out there, but also knew that we needed him.

So our next move is to take the dangerous trip out to Outland to search for both Klangeddin and Oronok.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Journal of Fenodyree Ironbeard, Mastersmith Empty Re: The Journal of Fenodyree Ironbeard, Mastersmith

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:40 am

Outland

So, myself and Wolfgrim travelled through a portal inside the Wizard's Tower in Stormwind to Outland.  Here we hoped to find the Orc Shaman Oronok, and maybe find signs of our brother Klangeddin.  We took along a dwarven mercenary called Balzac, for protection.

In a dwarven stronghold in Shadowmoon Valley in Outland we stopped in an inn which felt just like the ones back in Kharanos:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Finally we arrived at the Orc Shaman's Hut:

He told us we needed to recover an amulet from the Elemental Lord, Cyrukh.  He showed Wolfgrim how to summon this evil being from the fires of a nearby Fel volcano.  So we travelled to this location and found an evil looking altar set up:

Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Journal of Fenodyree Ironbeard, Mastersmith Empty Re: The Journal of Fenodyree Ironbeard, Mastersmith

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:44 am

Elemental Lord, Cyrukh

There Wolfgrim incanted his spell and summoned the Firelord:

With the mercenary Balzac's help, we managed to defeat the giant creature and recover the amulet! We returned to the Shaman with the amulet and he then explained to Wolfgrim how he could use the innate Chaos of the amulet to upset the balance of the elements and actually cause fire to boil.  But Wolfgrim was warned that doing such a thing would throw the elements out of balance and be extremely taxing and extremely dangerous.

We returned home to Stormwind (leaving Balzac on Outland) ready to discuss the next leg of our epic quest.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:07 am

Unexpected Help

After much planning and collecting of provisions for the journey, Wolfgrim and I were about to head off to Blackrock Mountain when we bumped into our long lost brother, Ragged. He told an unlikely tale of being lost in the tram system for 2 years and of having discovered a lava pool down there and some orcs. After celebrating being reunited together the three of us set off for Blackrock Mountain.

We walked there, passing through Elwynn Forest:

We stopped for a bite to eat overlooking Lakeshire:

Finally, after fighting our way through demons and orcs in the Burning Steppes, we reached the road up to Blackrock Mountain:

Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:11 am

Blackrock Mountain

Incredibly, Ragged claimed to have been here before and to have found his way up from inside the volcano, from the tram system tunnels. Ragged took the lead and guided us through the mountain:

His crazy story appeared to be born out when he told us of his route into the mountain, crossing the huge chains which held the central column together:

Once across, we entered the central column which was the tomb of a Dark Iron dwarf, Forgewright, who had designed this city, and also the damn at Loch Modan. We found our way to the huge sarcophagus and there paid the architect our respects:

Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:18 am

Forging the Armour

Having paid our respects, we moved on down, crossing more chains, until we reached the very edge of the lava pool!

Here I set up my portable forge and Wolfgrim began the long and powerful ritual to boil fire.  He threw the Amulet of Chaos into the lava, releasing the energies within and then his shamanistic powers used that energy to upset the balance.  It was a precarious moment as the lava boiled and Wolfgrim battled with the elements, trying to just keep them under his control.  

But the incredible heat he generated allowed me to forge the Dark Iron scraps into a linked suit of chainmail.  Finally I was able to bend the Dark Iron to my will!  Onto this chainmail base I melded Mithril silver plates to create a stunning new suit of armour.

Escaping the depths of Blackrock Mountain, we took a ride on Talonstrike (my Gryphon) and flew home to the city and to the Golden Keg, where I tried on my new armour. It was a perfect fit and was all I had hoped for.

The three of us celebrated long into the night and the Golden Keg was a rowdy place to be that evening:

Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 am

The Blackwald Trading Union

After lengthy discussions carrying on over the last few months, I have decided to sign up to join the Union.

This organization is providing me with access to even more ore than I can sensibly mine myself. Additionally they are seeking out a large group of apprentices for me to use. These two factors will enable me to generate far more work in a short space of time which will enable me to keep up with the increasing demands being placed upon me.

I've recently completed an order for Patriarch Centax of the House of Yore - two small helms for his children. He was so impressed with this work that he has agreed to make myself and the Union the preferred suppliers to the whole of the House of Yore. This is a major coup for us.

Additionally myself and the Union have approached the Senate of Ironforge, where previously we each had contracts, and have agreed with them the sole supply and maintenance of all arms and armour to the armies of the city. I will work with the designers of the Union to forge the metal parts of the incredible guns they are making. They will supply the ore and apprentices to hammer out the large numbers of new armour I've designed for the Mountaineers. It is a partnership which is going well.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:00 am

Note that the content of this thread is all in character and secretive, so this is not knowledge known by anyone other than Fenodyree himself.  Please don't use this knowledge IC.

Enchanted, I'm Sure

A few years ago, when I first came to the city of Stormwind, there was a female Worgen who used to work the Dwarven District as an Enchanter.  She was professional, kind and honest.  I never saw her rip anyone off and she was always kind to the poorer off in the district.  More importantly, perhaps, she was also an amazing enchantress - capable of feats I have never seen replicated.  Her name was Skarain.

When I completed my training and was awarded my title as Mastersmith I decided to seek her out, to see if she would be interested in a partnership - adding her incredible talents with magic to my skills with the hammer.   As I began to ask after her I found out a terrible thing:  she had been declared a traitor and her life forfeit.

I could not understand this as the Skarain I remembered had always been kind and helpful.  Though she was always a free spirit I could not believe the things I was hearing about her.

So, I went to visit the wisest person I know, Carmtan the Druid, and asked his advice.  He was very cautious and counselled me to cease asking about her - as if I found her and did not report her whereabouts to the authorities this would make me guilty of treason by extension.  Sadly at that stage I stopped looking and gave up hope of finding her and working with her.

Then a few days ago I heard her name mentioned again.  I heard of her band (now considered outlaws), known as the Azure Flame, and heard they had been active in Tol Barad.   I decided to investigate, so I researched how to get to this far off island and eventually found my way there.  I was not sure what I would do if I found her or even her band, but I figured just travelling to an island was not illegal.

Anyway, arriving in Tol Barad I found no sign of the Azure Flame, but talking to the people there it seemed that perhaps they had been there earlier but had now left.

I am determined to find Skarain and to hear from her own lips about the things she is accused of.  Only then will I decide if I'm going to ask her to join with me in a partnership.  However it seems that finding her will be a lot harder then I imagined.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:07 pm

((Great read, keep up the good work!))
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Bloody hell Fen, that's impressive. Looking forward to more!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:50 am

A Strange Stranger

Whilst sitting having a drink in the Pig and Whistle tavern the other evening a hooded stranger approached me.  She was clearly human but other than that there was not much I could determine about her.  She asked me if I still had a fragment of an artefact in my possession.  Now, it took me a moment to realise what she was talking about but I quickly understood she meant the small fragment of the Lord’s Hammer.  Curious and suspicious I questioned her on what she wanted it for and why.  Incredibly she told me that the owner of the fragment wanted it back.  But the Lord was dead, so how could that be?  Moreover only myself and the Lord knew of this fragment so how could she know and who was she?   I refused to hand over the fragment to this stranger, so she told me that I should travel north to Lordaeron, to the Light’s Hope Chapel and there I’d find my answers.  Before I could ask much more the stranger took her leave and was gone.

The Northlands

The next day I jumped on Talonstrike’s back (very carefully; I’m still really struggling to control her – perhaps I need to contact Lord Thunderbrew for some flying lessons?) and flew north.  Eventually I arrived in the lands of Lordaeron and there made my way to the headquarters of the Ninth Company, wondering if they could shed some light on things.  They could not but I met a man there who claimed he would be able to test the fragment.  With nothing better to go on I agreed and he led me to Light’s Hope.   Here I was taken to a secret enclave where, beyond my wildest expectations I was reunited with the Lord.  I cannot believe that he’s alive!

He told me a sorry tale of terrible battles with the Horde, of fanatical loyalty and of the likely destruction of an entire company at the hands of the orcs.  He then explained his story of how he had saved his unit at great personal cost and how he had ended up “dead”.  Now he was ready to return to the world, but he knew he would be labelled a traitor if he did, unless he could perform some great act to atone for his dishonourable actions.  Even he had heard the rumours of the demons and the impending arrival of the Legion, and he saw this as his opportunity to atone.  But for that he would need his hammer – which was, of course, in pieces.  This is where he needed my help.

The Lord explained to me all that he knew of the history of his family hammer. Of how it was forged by a secretive group known as the Mithril Order, and of how his father had, he thought, been a member.  The hammer was forged of an alloy combining Dark Iron with Lightforged Iron.  The combination enabled the Light to ‘purify’ the Dark Iron, after a fashion, and to enable the hammer head to take on powerful blessings.  He asked me if I would reforge it for him.  I of course agreed.  I felt this noble Lord had in fact been extremely honourable in his actions – saving the lives of his unit at his own expense and I would do what I could to help him regain his position.   To say nothing of the kudos I would gain from reforging a legendary artefact.

The Lord told me a dwarven smith who lived down in the jungles of the far south.  He said that he would know how to reforge the hammer and that I should find him and seek his advice.  He was the leader of the Mithril Order, and was a hermit known as Galvan.  I agreed to head out immediately.

Stranglethorn

Wow this place is hot.  It’s taken me days to get here and more days searching the jungles but I finally found Galvan:

I took the opportunity to work with Galvan, learning a few secrets of how to best bend Mithril to my will from him.  His knowledge of the other metals may perhaps be inferior to mine but he knew things about Mithril I had never even considered.  It was a pleasure and an honour to work the forge with him and to learn more on this speciality.  By the time our work was completed Galvan had granted me honouree membership of the Mithril Order, with the proviso that I must not talk about it with others outside the Order.

I spoke to him at length of the Lord’s hammer and he did indeed remember forging it with the help of the Lord’s father.  He explained to me how I would need to reforge the hammer:- I’ll need to mine some titanium, which can be found only at the very top of the world in the north.  This can be used to encase the main head, once I’ve fused the Dark Iron and Lightforge Iron together.  To do this I’ll need the heat of a volcano.  Fortunately for me I know a secret way into the depths of Blackrock Mountain that my brother  Ragged discovered.   I will also need to find some Lightforged Iron – something which I’ll probably need the help of a priest to do.  A priest would also be useful to perform blessings on the weapon head when it is reforged.  How I need my brother Klangeddin to turn up now!  He would be so useful at this time.

Now my path is clear – I need to do this and I need to do it soon, as rumours of the impending invasion of the Legion grow ever stronger…
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:51 am

On Top Of The World

So, I've begun work on the reforging of the Lord's Hammer.  The first step was to collect enough Titanium to encase the head of the hammer once it is reforged.  For this I needed an expedition.  I bought some cold weather gear from the dwarves of Ironforge, and then, returning to the city of Stormwind, I got on a boat.   This was not one of the elven vessels I've used to travel to Kalimdor and back many times, but a much more hardy looking ship, designed to operate in cold waters.

I hoped that Talonstrike would understand that I wanted her to follow us, but decided it was far too far to ask her to fly with me on her back.  Fortunately all along the journey I could spot her wheeling in and out of the clouds above us.

Arriving in Northrend, I was hit by the cold.   After my last expedition took me to the southern reaches of the Eastern Kingdoms, now here I was in the northlands.  I wrapped up in my furs and whistled for Talonstrike.   Happily she answered my call and allowed me to mount her.  We took off into the bitter north winds and flew even further north, to the very top of the world - Icecrown.

This place was home to the Lich King himself and it was with great care that I entered this frozen and forbidding territory.  But here I had to come as this remote location is one of the few places where you can find natural seams of Titanium.

Talonstrike flew low across the ground, enabling me to more easily feel the tingling energies I was seeking out.  It was encouraging to find that even in this remote location, my dwarven senses still felt attuned to the earth and to the powerful magnetic resonance of this rare and elusive ore.

Quicker than I had expected I felt it - the unmistakable pull of a Titanium vein.  Landing carefully and dismounting gingerly I made my way around the corner of an outcrop and there in front of me was a huge seam.  I knew this would do.  I opened my bag and took out my trusty pick - with a Mithril tip - and set to work:

It felt strange to be prospecting in this desolate place and every ring of my pickaxe sounded loud in the deserted surroundings.  Behind me I could see the shadowy walls of some evil fort or other.  I knew I did not want to stay here long.

Quickly my work was done and I bundled up the ore I'd recovered and stowed it away.  Clambering unceremoniously onto Talonstrike's back we took off and headed back to the harbour where our ship was waiting to return us to the safe and warm city of Stormwind.

My next task is to find Lightforge Iron, and for that I think I will either have to be very lucky, or seek out the help of a priest.  Once again I find myself wishing Klangeddin was here.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Desienna Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Good read Fenodyree, thanks.

Desienna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:51 am

The King is Dead – Long Live the King

What an incredible few days.  Suddenly out of nowhere the Doomsayers were proved right as the Burning Legion returned to Azeroth.  Upon hearing the news I immediately signed up for the war effort and got on a ship for a place I’ve never even heard of before – the Broken Isles.  There I found myself in a huge battle with wave upon wave of demons, summoned, it seemed by a figure of legend – the warlock Gul’dan.  I have never had to fight so hard for my life.  We could not prevail and had to retreat – but King Varian fell to their clutches and was lost.

Returning to Stormwind the place was in chaos.  The king was dead (long live the king) and a new king will soon be crowned.  The armies were mobilizing.  I was sent off to Hillsbrad to join up with other units to fight a skirmish against the Legion as more demons poured into Azeroth.  We were able to stem that attack and I was sent home for some much needed rest.

Brother Beyond

But I knew rest would not be mine to have.  With the invasion just beginning I knew that the world would need arms and armour.  So I rushed to Ironforge to see how the work was coming along for the Senate.  There the craziest thing happened:  I met my brother Klangeddin in the tavern!  Out of nowhere, there he was sitting, drinking an ale.  What a reunion!  We spoke for hours, catching up with each other.  

I was able to tell him all about Ragged and Wolfgrim – about us meeting up and about the help they gave me forging my suit of armour.  I was able to tell him of my progress as a smith and how far I had progressed since our last meeting.  And then I asked him about where he had been. His tale was incredible.

He had been sent by the Church to investigate Shadow Magic and find out more about it.  In this process he had come across a strange device.  When researching it, he had opened a portal to the Void to draw a tiny bit of Shadow magic into the device but that had gone wrong and huge amounts of Shadow magic had been drawn in.  This surge had somehow brought him to the attention of the Kirin Tor’s automatic defence systems and he had been ripped – magically from what I could tell – into a place called the Violet Hold.  This was, apparently, a magical prison under the city of Dalaran. Here he had remained for over a year.  

Then, just recently, the prison had been broken into – by demons from the Legion!  As they broke in the Kirin Tor came to deal with them and found Klangeddin there, imprisoned.  The mages helped Klangeddin escape his prison (it appeared that had no idea he was in there), and from there he found his way back to Ironforge.

The Traits of a Traitor?

As Klangeddin was preparing to depart the tavern for some much needed rest, who should arrive but Sebastian.  He told me he had a business proposition for me and took me off to the Mystic Ward where we stepped through a portal into Outland.  There he led me to an inn where he introduced me to none other than the elusive Skarain Feirand, enchanter extraordinaire and branded traitor.   At the same time I discovered that Seb had become a father to a little girl.  And that Azapha was some sort of warlock.  It was all a bit overwhelming.

Once able to focus on the business deal I spent a long time talking to Skarain about her history and about the events which had led to her being branded a traitor.  Now I am not political but it felt to me as if this was all the doings of a deluded dwarf in the Senate and I did not feel that Skarain deserved her label.  There is no way that this charming woman displays the traits she was accused of - and she was extremely forthright about what she had done and what she had not done.  I could not help but like her.

So we discussed business and have agreed to work together.  I am very excited as this will give me a great edge over the other smiths in the city – especially that upstart of Rey’s Blades.  Of course I will have to maintain complete secrecy over the identity of my mysterious enchanter partner, but I feel in these dangerous times we are going to need all the help we can get  - and if I can provide enchanted items to my clients then this can only help the war effort.

The Lord’s Hammer

With Klangeddin finally returned to me I feel I have a real chance to complete the reforging of the Lord’s Hammer now.  I need to find Lightforged Iron and then go and find a suitable volcano to do the forging in.  But this all feels achievable now.  I had best just hurry up and complete it before the demons overrun us and it is too late…
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:35 am

The Leystone Experiment

Last night I had an urgent message from Sir Steyen Duskblade asking for my help.  I was in Ironforge, training up some of the apprentices at the Great Forge and left a reply for the Knight to find me there.  He soon arrived, looking absolutely battered.  He told me he had been in various skirmishes with the demons of the Legion and he needed his armour repairing.

His armour is made from Saronite - which is quite common among his kind.  It is easy enough to work with in the heat of the Great Forge.   So I was able to quite easily fix up the armour itself.  I then asked Sir Duskblade if I could perform an experiment with his armour.

On the Broken Isles a few days earlier I had discovered a small amount of a new ore I've never seen before.  It resides along the Leylines and as such I've named it Leystone.   It took a great heat to make it malleable but the lava of the Great Forge provided that.  So I melded parts of that ore into the Saronite of Sir Duskblade's armour.   My senses told me that this Leystone may have great properties in protecting him from Fel magic.

I have asked him to report back to me and let me know how it goes.

During my work with Sir Duskblade I noticed a tidy and smart dressed human woman who came and stood at attention nearby.  When I was done with the Saronite forging she asked me to look at her weapons.  She had two regulation blades - a dagger and longsword - and both were of fine steel.  She wanted an upgrade.  

I asked her if she had signed up for the war effort and as she had I only charged her a gold coin to edge her blades with Mithril.  Then, on a whim, I added a tiny trace of this new Leystone ore into the blade and asked her to report on it's success.

She seemed happy with the exchange and went off with a smile.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:23 am

Combat Training

Recently I was invited by Azapha to undertake some training on how to fight the Legion.  The training was to take place is the far north, up near Tyr’s Hand.  It turned out that this location was chosen as it was far away from ‘civilization’, for what we were about to see might have got her arrested, had it been in the city or its surroundings.   Arriving at the designated site I was surprised to see a huge turn out with people from many of the mercenary guilds and a few loners in attendance.  Aza then proceeded to lecture us about demons and their strengths and weaknesses, and then went one step further and actually summoned a few small demons to show us what she meant.  A few brave souls even stepped up to fight the demons she had conjured to practice their skills and techniques.  

During the discussions that followed I stepped up and told the assembled group of my discovery on the Broken Shore – about Leystone, and my experiments with it.  There was some interest in this finding and a general agreement that we needed more ore to experiment with.  I must remember to talk to Seb and Aza about this and see if we can set up a supply from the Broken Isles if there proves to be more of it there.

Prospecting for the Light

One of the many people who had turned up to join in the combat training was the mercenary Balzac.  As the crowd was dispersing I asked him if he would be up for a bit of paid work and he agreed.  He said he needed some cash to pay for new armour that he’d ordered from some human smith in Stormwind.  I hope it wasn’t from Rey's Blades.  Anyway, as we happened to already be in the right part of the world, we set out across what was once Lordaeron in search of the ruins of Blackwood Town.  The Plaguelands, as they are now known, are still a dangerous place and I was glad of Balzac’s company and sword arm.

Soon we saw a large tower on the horizon and rode up to it.  

The tower was controlled by humans and though they were a bit short with us they were able to give us directions to a nearby lake and the ruins of a town there which they said was once called Blackwood.   We thanked them, and after topping up our provisions we rode down into the valley towards the lake.  Soon we came to the lakeside and quickly found the ruins.  This must have been the ancestral home of the Lord whose hammer I was going to reforge.  This lakeside was where I hoped to find Lightforged Iron, indeed maybe even the same seam of ore that the Lord’s father had originally used to forge the hammer head.  Balzac and I stopped for some refreshments in the ruins of Blackwood Town and then set out in search of iron deposits.

It didn’t take long.  With us two dwarves on full alert for ore we quickly found some iron deposits.  The area is rich in them.  However they all appeared to be simple iron.  Then something caught our eye up high on a hilltop overlooking the lake and ruins.  We rode up the hill and there discovered a seam of iron which was infused with Lightforged ore.  We’d found it.  Unfortunately the Lightforged iron ore seemed to attract the corrupt creatures which still roamed the lands and once again I was grateful for Balzac’s help.  As I took out my pick and went to work carefully extracting the iron ore which contained Lightforged iron inside it, Balzac held off the tainted wildlife.

We were successful!  Balzac’s sword arm proved strong and my mining skills did not let me down.  We recovered a large chunk of iron ore which appeared to have Lightforged iron inside it.  The next job was to try and split the two up and recover the Lightforged Iron from the normal iron.  For that we felt we needed the Light.

We returned to Stormwind and there went to the Cathedral, hoping to find Klangeddin or word of where he was.  Sadly we were told that he was away on Church business.  I guess the impending invasion of the Legion is keeping the priests busy.  Fortunately a kindly Draenei Paladin offered to help us and, though he took exception to Balzac’s undead nature, I explained that the ore was not for my Death Knight mercenary companion but rather for a Lord of the city – and the paladin agreed to help.

He took me deep into the catacombs beneath the cathedral and there with his ritual magic and my skill with the hammer combining, we were able to extract a large chunk of Lightforged Iron!   There was enough there to forge a handle for the Lord’s Hammer when I come to reforge it.

So, now I am ready.   I have the pieces of the old head of the hammer – Dark Iron and Lightforged Iron combined.  I have collected enough Titanium to encase the head in once the core is reforged.  And I have collected enough Lightforged Iron ore to create a new handle for the weapon.  So all I need to do now is find a volcano and reforge the hammer.  Again, I think I’ll want the help of a priest to Bless the hammer when it is reforged.  Let’s hope Klangeddin will be back from his mission soon.

Oh, and note to self:  find time to make Balzac some new armour.  His human-crafted suit is awful.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:41 pm

A Gilnean Raven squawked as a group of three Dwarves set foot on a bridge in the small harbour by Teldrassil. Viridi has already been waiting, leaning on a pillar of the small arbour which covered the portal to Darnassus. She stayed in the back, covered by the shade, watching as the group of Dwarves assemble. When Lord Maelmoor Lightbringer joined them she went towards the group.

"Good day, master Maelmoor," - one of the Dwarves said seeing Lord Lightbringer, who bowed and replied:
"Best of evenings."
Master Fenodyree looked at Viridi approaching the group: "You? You choose now to turn up?" The rest of the group also focused their eyes on the mysterious woman.
"That's flattering, but I'm not any lady, master Dwarf. I am here to make sure you all are safe," she replied, smiling, and removed her hood. Balzac, the Ebon Dwarf standing next to Fenodyree, just shrugged, unimpressed.
"How did you know we were doing... this... now?" Master Fenodyree asked the woman.
"With all due respect, it's not hard to track you, Master Fenodyree," she replied.
"Hmmm, I guess so. Sorry, I do not know your name, still?" to this question Viridi could not answer. She has never been giving her true identity easily.
"You may call me Green-eyed, if you need a name," with that she did not lie nor gave a straight answer; her name sounded much different in Common tongue.
A Dwarf standing next to her, Wolfgrim, could not hold the comment: "Or blurry Green-eyed after a few ales."
Fenodyree grinned and said: "Mysterious. I like it." He then turned his gaze South, on the sea dividing them from the rest of the continent.
"So, we need to get to Un'Goro - which is the other end of this continent. But I'm sad to say I have no idea how to get there," said Fenodyree worryingly. To that Viridi pointed at a boat by a shore.
"The boat is waiting."
"Sorry. Which one?" Fenodyree asked. Viridi led them to the shore where a small with two paddles was tied to a platform pillar. Balzac just said to himself: "I'm being paid by the hour so I'm in no rush."
"As long as you do not have any other ideas, we can paddle on the other shore," said the woman.
"I know who's on oar duty," Balzac sighted, seeing the paddles.
"We row all the way to the other end of the continent?" asked Fenodyree.
"Well, if you like, but we wouldn't go far this way," Viridi replied. "Darkshore waters are full of Naga. Especially now."
"So is there a faster way?"
"On land, of course."
Fenodyree doubted if they were able to get there this way fast enough. He was worried, that if the trip takes to long he may be too late to hand the crafted weapon to its owner. He pulled out his map and after a moment asked: "Can we fly?"
"Well, there is also this option." Viridi said, exhaling the air and looking at the flightmaster. "If you, gentlemen, prepared some gold?"
"What da ya reckon Fen?" Wolfgrim looked at Fenodyree.
"I'm a bit confused, to be honest," he answered. "Anyone here understand what Green-Eyes is talking about?"
"Let me count this... Five gryphons from here to Tanaris...That would be around... Fifty golden coins," Viridi summed.
All the Dwarves were surprised, saying almost together: "What?!"
"Enough to buy one gryphon to go," Viridi added.
"Really?" asked Fenodyree, then he reached to his pouch and counted all his money. "I can't afford that."
"I'd rather ride a Kobold!" Wolfgrim exclaimed. It seems fairs in Eastern Kingdoms were lower, but the flightpaths were also much safer.
Master Fenodyree shaked his head. Viridi seeing this said: "So, it's decided then."
Then Fenodyree realised, that it is, after all, part of the deal, so he asked: "Unless my patron wants to pay it?" and looked at Viridi. She looked at him, but did not say any word in response. After a while she commented: "Of course, unless Lord Lightbringer's relations with the Kaldorei have not faded...?"
Wolfgrim started to be more and more doubtful. "Fen..i thought you had a plan," he sighted.
"At last I have an advantage, I can just walk along the bottom," Blazac said.
Viridi looked at Lord Maelmoor, waiting for him to respond. He was known in these parts. For a long time he was one of the closest allies to the Kaldorei, helping mainly in diplomacy matters, visiting Darnassus at each given opportunity. Some said, that was due to his friendship with Lady Calisar Aelavain Ravencrest. Others wondered, how is it possible he himself have not grew some pointy ears yet.
"Can they get us across to the other side for free?" Master Fenodyree asked Lord Lighbringer, smiling wide.
"We will get the help we need," Lord Malemoore said briefly.
"Excellent. Lead on then my lord." Fenodyree said.
"Follow me."
For a moment, Lord Lighbringer was talking to flightmaster Vesprystus. As he shared some word in somewhat clumsy Darnassian, Viridi kneeled to tie the boat back to the wooden pole. Fenodyree was impressed with the fluency Lord Lighbringer spoke with the Nigh Elf, trying to catch any word he could remember. In the end, there was some payment involwed - Viridi saw that Lord Maelmoor has given some coins to the flighmaster, who shorty after bowed and said in Common: "Of course, my lord."
"Did they agree?" Fenodyree asked.
"The hippogryphs will take us there," Maelmoor smiled.
"How far will they fly us?"
"As far as we need, they will find their way home."
"Lord Maelmoor - can you ask them to drop us at Un'Goro crater, please?" Maelmoor nodded, and once again turned towards the flighmaster. Fenodyree could hear as he says: "Ande'thoras-ethil."
"Well?" Fenodyree asked without delay.
"They can take us to Mudsprocket, there are some concerns of safety to fly any further."
"Okay. Mudsprocket it is."
The group started to mount the hippogryphs. Balzac stood in front of his, and was wondering for a moment what he should do with some unfinished helmet he had started to craft waiting for the group to assemble. After some consideration he threw it away. Viridi saw that, picked up the helmet and put it off near an anvil. She then put her hood back, as the clouds on the sky foretold some rain.
"Ready?" Master Fenodyree asked the rest.
"I'll ride with you Fen..." Wolfgrim said, feeling not very comfrotable with the idea of riding a hippogryph. "An odd creature," he thought.
"I will stay in the back." Viridi said.
"Okay great," Fenodyree said. "Let's go..."
One by one, the hippogryphs rushed down the hill, spreaded their wings and took off, heading South. The Gilnean raven also spreaded his wings and followed them.

The flight was long, but peaceful. As Viridi though, there were some low clouds dropping very small rain drops over Darkshore forests and in Ashenvale. When they reached Stonetalon Mountains, the clouds worked on their advantage - hippogryphs intuitively flew close to them, cloaking well against any sight that might not be pleased with someone flying over. The moment they flew above them, there they could see a troubling sight in the distance far South - clouds dark as carbon all over Southern parts of the continent. Most probably the reason they could only fly to Dustwallow.
After two days the group has reached the destination.
"So, we all made it this far. A good start." Master Fenodyree commented. Viridi pat her hippogryph, then clapped it in the back, and saw as it rushes and flies away. "Time for a quick refreshment stop and plan the route?"
The sun was already low on the sky, there was about an hour or two before the dusk. "We need to get some mounts. It may go  costly here." Viridi looked at the walls of the Goblin settlement.
Balzac, following her gaze, was rather displeased with what he could see: "What a dump."
Fenodyree and all others heard that comment. Being afraid that the Goblin flightmaster who stood nearby could hear it told to Balzac: "That's Goblins for you."
"Aye, we have some distance to cover for sure. We should take short brake and go further." Lord Maelmoor added, and started to walk towards the settlement.
"I'll try to get us some cart, maybe. Wait here," Viridi said, as she walked towards a Goblin standing in front of the main building in the settlement, clearly expecting them to approach him.
It took a while and a lot of haggling. The group could not hear the conversation, but they saw clearly the body language the two characters showed. And that remained more of an argue, than of trade.
After they have finished, the group could see some irritation on Viridi's face. "No horses, no carts, nothing," she explained.
"Really? No horses?" Fenodyree asked.
"The next caravan will be here tomorrow in the evening," she added.
"No good." Master Fenodyree begun to worry again. If they stayed over night they would loose the precious time. Yet, walking on foot would not brought them far, and Light knew when they would come by another friendly camp. "We need to ride and ride quick."
"Get some rest. If I do not return in the morning, depart on your own," with this Viridi departed. She knew of only one other place in the zone, where there could be any horses. And the chances were rather low. Once a proud bastion of honourable men, Theramoore, since its destruction, was a total ruin. Yet, there were people there, keeping a constant watch over the ruins and the towers raised along the road. She headed to the Goblin flightmaster and rented a flight there.
To her surprise, she could see Theramoor marines in their armours and colours - remnants who survived the explosion, or were outside the blast zone. She was fortunate enough to buy three farm horses from them. Not that good for racing, but strong enough to hold two or even three Dwarves on their back. She needed to hurry, afraid that the group may leave without her, and, what is worse, choose the way South, through the mountain side, which was a dead end for mounts. After all, Thousand Needles, a big canyon that spreads half the width of Kalimdor, has been flooded during cataclysm. And even though there were some Goblins there, eager to ferry adventurers across the new formed lake, their steam boats were to small for transporting horses.
No matter the fast pace, she could not manage to return in by the dawn. She was still very lucky, that even though the road was not as well kept as it was when Theramoore was still operating, there was nothing lurking from the swamps throughout the night. Not that she minded skinning a crocolisk, which could bring her a small fortune, but she couldn't loose any horse.
When she reached the road to the Barrens, she could see no one. She headed towards Mudsprocket, thinking the group might still be there. Hours passed, and when she finally reached the Goblin settlement, the group had gone. She cursed in Gilnean, blaiming herself she could have given them instructions. Viridi just wished that Lord Maelmoor would not fail to guide the Dwarves through these dangerous lands. Having the paladin in the group was an advantage and a danger - the golden, highly polished armour reflected magic but also light like a mirror, making them exposed to raiders or monsters. She looked into the sky and on the rooftops of nearby buildings. After her gaze stopped she whistled shortly, and the Gilnean raven that followed them from Teldrassil, took off and flew to her, landing on her shoulder.
"Lead the way, Polonius," she said to the bird, who headed South, just as Viridi was expecting.
It was hard to gallop with two other horses, not to mention it being quite unwise, as it might draw some attention she didn't want, but she needed to make time.
From time to time she stopped to track the path the group of Dwarves and the paladin had taken. To her surprise she had noticed that they were all travelling... on mounts. She didn't bother to wonder how they have managed to get them - she needed to catch up with them before the midnight.
When she reached the highest part of the mountain passage, she had a clear sight over the waters of Thousand Needles. She focused her gaze at a ferry point by the northern shore. The colourful lights on a steam boat shined bright in the distance. Spotting it, Viridi quickly grabbed the reins and led the horses back at a trot. Unfortunately, half way there she could see, that the ferry set off. It would take hours before it reached the other shore, twice that much to come back. She didn't want to wait. She headed West, hoping she can bribe some of the Tauren tribes, which have been raising their villages on top of the massive stone pillars of the canyon, linking them with a web of rope bridges.
And that was successful, for the price of two other horses. They were more of a burden for now anyway, so she just kept the one most fit for the chase. While dismounted, she slowly passed one bridge after another. At the end of each a Tauren watchmen would snort at her, certainly not pleased with her presence.
The passage across the canyon took her as long as the ferry. If she was fast enough she would be able to catch the group in the only occupied settlement of Tanaris desert, Gadgetzan, on the next day.
Before this happened, though, it was already morning. In theory, because the thick clouds which now were also clearly green-lined, blocked the most of the sunlight, so the night seemed to last longer. Getting closer to Tanaris, while riding down the mountain passage, she could see smoke and fel fire, as well as the sounds of battle in the distance, just where Gadgetzan was.
"The Legion invasion," she thought. "That should stop them."
Closing in to the city, two of the Alliance army soldiers passed her. She turned aback and said: "Lieutenant Moor of Stormwind regiment. What's the situation, corporal?"
"We are the only ones who survived from our unit. There are too many of both the Legion and the Horde, so we retreat to our ship," one of the soldier answered.
"Have you seen three Dwarves and a paladin?" she asked.
"There were some Dwarves there too, but we have seen no paladin. Shame, these could be handy out there," the soldier replied.
Viridi saluted him and looked into the sky. Surprisingly, Polonius was not flying South over the besieged city, but West, close to the ruins of an ancient Troll city Zul'Farrak, that could be seen on the horizon. She rode fast in that direction. Trying to track the group was not easy, as the wind blew away any hoofprint the riders might have left. But now she knew, that they decided to reach Un'Goro crater from the North. There was only one slope down, and it was accessible from the South.
When she reached the edge it become clear why the Dwarves chose this side - they slide down on ropes. Viridi dismounted, set her horse loose, and went down the narrow stone wall. The lower she got the thicker and warmer the air become. Even though the temperature was similar to that of the desert, the humidity made it less bearable. Viridi landed on the bottom of the crater and looked up, seeing the wall being as high as the tropical trees in Un'Goro.
Lieutenant Moor found the fresh prints carved vividly in the rich and muddy soil of the crater. She wondered all the time, how is it possible, that even though she rode fast she hasn't manage to catch up with the group yet.
It was the noon of the next day. Viridi has finally found the group, while the Dwarves and the paladin were already climbing the big volcano in the middle of the crater. They used picks and ropes. Viridi didn't need that - if she transformed she could easily get on top of the volcano. She started undressing, wrapped her clothes and belongings into her cloak, and, in the Worgen form, she swiftly jumped up the mountain.
Viridi tried to stay in the back, in case someone would want to interrupt the group, her position could give them an advantage. She tried not to move to many stones, which were moving below her paws, falling down with a small avalanche of sand and ash, not to get detected.
The distance in which she observed the process of reforging did not allow her to learn any details on how it was done. She could clearly see Wolfgrim channelling elements into it, as well as Lord Maelmoor who used his powers to infuse the workpiece with the Light. She unwrapped her cloak. She reached to a pocket and took out a small stone with a purple rune on it. She moved it closer to her mouth and said with slightly deeper voice: "Esarus. It's Moor. Bring the archamge."
It seemed like Master Fenodyree has finished his job. Casters stopped their magic work and the group moved away from the burning hot pool of lava. The very moemtn Master Fenodyree and the others started to wonder how they will return, they could all see a long yell: "Aaa!!!" It was coming from above. By covering their eyes to dodge the sunshafts they saw a Gnome falling very slowly at the location where they stood.
The Gnome was dressed in a black and white robe, with a purple turban and the tabard of the Kirin Tor. When he landed safely thanks to his slow fall spell, he said: "Phew!" He looked at the lava pool, to which he nearly fell. "Almost... Almost..."
The group was looking at the Gnome as he was a mirage, blinking. Only Maelmoor peered at the mage searchingly, clearly recognising him.
"What the fel?" said Master Fenodyree, and shortly after Wolfgrim addressed the mage: "Hey?"
"Mages should retire at sum age..." said the mage. And nodded, like he wanted to confirm the truth in his own comment. "Indubitably."
"This day just keeps getting stranger," Fenodyree said.
The mage looked at the group. "Yes... Three Dwarves and a human. All fits."
Maelmoor ask the stranger: "What brings you here Master Gnome?"
"'Divine intervention,' sir, master, liege, lord!" the mage said in a fashion, like he was looking for an appropriate title, then laughed maniacally. "Now..." the mage turned his back to the group, knelled and started to draw something in the ashy ground.
Because the effect of drawing with his fingers was far from expected, he reached his hand up in the air and a moment later he was holding a long staff, to long for him to carry on his back. He used the pointy golden end of it to make the drawing of a circle rune with some illegible sigils and marks.
"Maybe we should take our leave and let you stay here in peace?" Lord Maelmoor proposed.
"We need to head home master Gnome," Fenodyree added.
"Leave? No, No..." the mage replied. "Just one more..."
The mage finished his work, then reached to the central part of the rune and pulled up a spellwork, opening a portal.
"There!" the Gnome exclaimed. "Be careful! There is a big hole in the ground there," after saying that he cast a spell on each of the group.
"Umm..thanks?" Wolfgrim was confused.
"Is he suggesting we step through?" Fenodyree looked as his companions.
"Quickly! Before it fades!" the mage uttered.
Balzac, who was for most of the time standing on side, guarding them all, sighed and said: "See the world they said, it'll be fun they said."
One by one, the group disappeared in the portal. The Gnome mage shortly after teleported himself elsewhere. Viridi opened her eyes wide, as she realised she has drifted away, forgetting to step through the portal too. She whistled at Polonius to follow. She jumped of a rock and rushed to the portal. They both managed to take it seconds before it closed.

Last edited by Mallucis on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:58 am

((Nice write up! You must have copied and pasted most of the actual words being said in that quest. Fen's journal update will be coming soon...))
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:30 am

The Reforging of Mallucis

So, the time had come.  I had done all the preparation I needed to and all that was left was the minor matter of travelling to the other side of the world and actually performing the act of reforging the legendary hammer, Mallucis.  I’d managed to get hold of Wolfgrim who agreed to accompany me.  His mercenary companion, Balzac would come along, for the money of course.  Klangeddin was still recovering from his imprisonment in the Violet Hold, and we needed a priest so I went to the Cathedral in Stormwind to petition for aid.   Amazingly Lord Maelmoor Lightbringer was there, and when he heard of our quest, he agreed to come in person.  It was a formidable team.

The journey to far off Un’Goro crater in the south of Kalimdor would not be an easy one I knew.  It was hard to get passage across the sea these days, but I had managed to get hold of a Kul’Tiran merchant I knew, Captain Reynard Ferrand, who was taking his ship, the Javelin, to Darnassus.  He agreed to take us all for a reasonable cost.  The journey was long and uneventful, although I could not help but notice the flashes of Fel green light on the horizon as we passed south of the Broken Isles.

Arriving in Darnassus we were met by the same mysterious lady who had first come to me, asking for the fragment of the Lord’s hammer.  She offered her help with our quest.  It would have been rude to turn her down, though I did not altogether trust her.  We had to get south somehow and although we did briefly discuss taking a rowing boat across the straights to Darkshore, fortunately Lord Maelmoor was well known in these parts and he organized a flight of hippogryphs to take us south.  It was already clear that the Holy Knight’s help would prove invaluable.

The flight was long, but the powerful birds flew tirelessly south:

I’m not sure how long we flew for as I dozed fitfully in the saddle at times.  But eventually we landed in a place the human woman called Mudsproket.  It was a goblin run shanty town and as Balzac tactlessly pointed out, was a bit of a dump.  Lord Maelmoor told us that the hippogryphs would not fly further south – something was scaring them from doing so.  All of us knew it must be serious for these fierce and brave creatures to refuse to go further.

We stopped for some refreshment in the goblin town, whilst “green-eyes” tried to get us some mounts.  Her diplomacy with the goblins clearly failed and after a big argument she returned without success.  She told us she would head off to find us some mounts elsewhere.   Sitting around a makeshift campfire we all agreed we did not trust the mysterious woman, so I went to speak to the goblins.    It turned out that the goblins simply didn’t like our mysterious friend and were happy to sell us some horses – though their quality was questionable in the extreme.

We took them up on their offer and rode out of the village at a gallop, myself in the lead.  A short distance down the road Lord Maelmoor overtook me and got me to slow down and stop.  He pointed out that we needed to head south and we were going north.  I could have sworn…  I could tell the others were annoyed with me as we rode back into Mudsproket and out of the overgrown trail the far side.  

We rode across open lands, dusty and dry, rising all the time, until we came to an incredible sight.  The biggest lake I have ever seen.  Apparently this used to be a huge dusty canyon, but since the Cataclysm, it has been filled with water.  Unfortunately Un’Goro lay on the far side of the lake.

We followed Lord Maelmoor down to the water’s edge and rode along it for a while.  Then ahead we could see a rusty looking old boat.  Fortunately for us it appeared abandoned.  Even more fortunately it seemed that Balzac knew how to operate it.  We coaxed the horses onto it and clambered on.  Balzac got it going and we chugged noisily across the lake to the other side.  We tied it up and disembarked.

From there we rode up across a bluff and then down a steep incline towards a vast desert – the lands of Tanaris.  Directly ahead of us was the goblin town of Gadgetzan.  And looming directly over it was an incredible sight.  A Fel-green structure hung in the air, almost motionless, but humming with a terrible sound.  A from it shot huge bolts of Fel-fire.  Alongside this catastrophic assault, demons of every type flew down off this craft and on leathery wings descended upon the town.  We briefly discussed going to the aid of the goblins, but decided our best chance was to use this distraction to cross the desert swiftly.   We pushed our horses at full gallop across the desert sands.

Soon we reached the edge of the desert and looked down from a great height upon the green and verdant jungles of Un’Goro.  And there to the south the smoking volcano which was our destination.   We had to improvise then.  Lord Maelmoor told us that the usual route down into Un’Goro was a gentle slope far to the south, but trying to get there would take us too near the Legion attack.  So we decided to risk descending the cliffs of Un’Goro.  I’ll never know how we managed it, but a few hours later we had got 3 dwarves, a paladin and 4 horses to the bottom with only one sprained wrist to show for it.

We rode carefully across the crater, avoiding as much of the dangerous local fauna as we could.  This was a land where giant lizards roamed free.  Finally we got to the base of the volcano and looked up.  

This place had an evil reputation, but it was the only place hot enough to perform the reforging.  The volcano itself was so angry that it’s ire manifested itself in large fire spirits which aggressive attacked any who strayed too near.  But fortunately for us, Wolfgrim was with us.  He spoke to the fire spirits and commanded them to leave us alone.  Incredibly a path opened up for us between the blazes.  

I led the way up the mountain.  Until I led us to a dead end.  Then Wolfgrim took over and led the way.  After a long and very hot climb we reached the summit.  The volcano spewed it’s lava into the air here.  I knew this was the place.

We climbed down next to the spewing lava and Wolfgrim incanted a ritual which would protect us from the heat.  Or at least reduce the damage it was doing to us.  The heat was still next to unbearable.   I set up my portable forge and after some mental exercises to calm myself I began work.  

Lord Maelmoor called upon the blessings of the Light to infuse the hammer.  Wolfgrim toiled to keep us cool whilst simultaneously raising the heat of the volcano to make my work possible.  The volcano did not take kindly to that and sent its fire spirits against us.  But Balzac was there with his frostblade, and once again his sword arm proved invaluable.  The rest of us were too busy with the reforging to help but he kept us safe.

I reforged the core of the head, melding Dark Iron with Lightforged Iron.  I then encased the whole in Titanium to give it strength.  The handle was forged anew from Lightforged Iron I had recovered from Blackwood Lake.  And all of this was sealed and enhanced and imbued with tendrils of the Light channelled by Lord Maelmoor.

Finally the job was done and the legendary hammer, Mallucis, was reforged anew!

Then strange things happened.  A gnome mage, dressed in the garb of the mysterious Kirin Tor literally fell out of the sky where we stood.  He summoned a portal and bid us step through it.  Lord Maelmoor seemed to recognise the gnome and did as we was bid.  With no other way of getting home we followed suit.

We arrived on the road outside of Theramore, though we had no idea where we were for a while.  There we encountered the mysterious “green-eyes” once more.  Had she arranged the gnome mage’s appearance?

Here we said our farewells.  Lord Maelmoor would ride north back to his home in Darnassus – yes he lives there, who’d have known?  The rest of us walked into Theramore and there looked for a ship.  Fortunately for us we managed to book passage on the ship of a privateer who was heading across to Menethil.  So the four of us took ship there.

Upon reaching the Eastern Kingdoms once more, the mysterious green-eyed woman took her leave and departed.     Wolfgrim and Balzac headed off back to Ironforge together and I was once more alone.  I looked up at the skies and let out a long, loud whistle.  Soon a spotted a speck on the horizon and within moments the great Talonstrike had landed.   I climbed upon her back and we flew off north.

Delivering a Legend

Much later I found myself in the infirmary at Light’s Hope Chapel in eastern Lordaeron.   There, Lord Aramal Blackstone was recovering in bed.  He had taken a terrible wound in the assault on the Broken Shore.  He was reading a report – which I was soon to discover was from the mysterious green-eyes.  So he already knew all I had to tell him.  We spoke at length of the attack on the Broken Isles and of the tragic death of the King.

Then the time came to hand over Mallucis.  I gave him the wooden box in which I had placed the hammer for safekeeping and he gingerly opened it.  He took out the hammer and it sprung to life in his hands, reacting to his touch as I had not imagined it would.  The holy glow lit up a face which was ecstatic.  He was clearly very pleased.

He asked me what I wanted in return and I told him that I did not want for anything.  My smithing business was making me enough money to remain comfortable.  But I said all I now wanted was to become famous – to be known as the greatest smith in the Eastern Kingdoms.  He said that he would make sure that everyone who followed him would know of my exploits.  And he told me he was going to grant me land on his barony – should he ever reclaim it from the Scourge – and he gave me a small fortune to “cover my costs”.  But most of all, he said he would put a single diamond on the end of the handle of Mallucis, and that gem would be named The White Dwarf, in my honour.  

I am truly proud of my achievements.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:26 pm

War Glaives

It's been a long time since I wrote in here.  So much has happened in the last few months.  I've spent time on the Broken Isles.  I've learned to master Leystone, Felslate and Demonsteel.  I've been taught new techniques by the Tauren and Nightfallen.  I've seen so much.

Now I'm back in the city.  And I've met an Illidari.  In fact she placed an order with me: two demonsteel war glaives.  They were to have backward-facing handles and have the strength to be used as shields if needed.

I spent many hours sketching and planning the designs. Then I went in search of the materials.  Leystone and Felslate combined together to make Demonsteel.  This I forged into a pair of perfect glaives.  I was really pleased with the results.

The Illidari had asked that these glaives were enchanted to channel fel energy.  So I contacted my partner, Skarain, and requested her help.  We met in Dalaran where I showed her the glaives.  She then proceeded to do her magic and enchanted the blades.  I cannot help but continue to be impressed with her skill.

I took the completed glaives to Stormwind and there handed them over to Miss Sagefire, the Illidari customer.  She was exceptionally pleased.  Another happy customer.

OOC:
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down