Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising RP ingame.

3 posters

Go down

Advertising RP ingame. Empty Advertising RP ingame.

Post by Linwood Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Despite me being fairly new to this server I did notice how some more experienced RPer will ignore non-RPer that walk up to them and try to interact. Ignoring them will lead to the non-RPer simply leaving. This might seem fair enough for the RPer or group of RPer, but the non-RPer that did try to RP along with them will just feel left out and most probly just avoid the RP-community or even be one of the trollers that try to ruin the RP experience for others.

My suggestion would be to interact with these clearly new RPer. Having a nice /s conversation with them might give you a hint if they have any sort of interest in RP. Talking to them in /w might even be better because you could cover some basic stuff they need to know for RP. For all the nitty gritty there are many good Youtubers that provide excellent guides for new RPer.

"Developing RP Characters in World of Warcraft" from Bad Videos With Never is a good video that covers some basics for RP.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another good user is Doronsmovies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He provides class and race guides for RP and also giving a brief overview of the their lore.

As one big community we should step up together and help the new RPer/non-RPer getting started with RP because from my view everyone can enjoy RP. It is just a matter of fact how you got introduced to the community.

I thank everyone for reading and hope I will see some new faces soon!

Linwood

Character sheet
Name: Adam Blythe
Title:

Back to top Go down

Advertising RP ingame. Empty Re: Advertising RP ingame.

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Some good point's, take it this was inspired by last night's new DK we encountered?

The brand new ones are very easy to spot but... I try.

Never linked one a guide though, I try to kind of.. guide them in /s when they say stuff like a passive correction they can latch onto and go like "Yeah, I meant that thing you said"

Buuut... Well a lot of people just switch off because it "Is" effort to deal with the new guys; but worthwhile in the end I think (Obviously, we built the House around that idea)

So +1 from me!
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:39 pm

I fully agree that 'OOCers' are sometimes just people purely interested in RP. And in my own experience have met some great potential RPers by simply interacting in a fun way with them.

I definitely support an initiative to support newer players into the world of RP, knowing that when I had no clue about it, it was through some friendly faces being patient that I have now been doing so in WoW for years.

I also believe most of us already point people in the right direction as things stand, but reiterating an important point is never a bad thing.

And as Zackarus has said, it has in fact been the foundation of guilds both past and present including the House of Yore. Even if you encounter someone when you are very busy, there will likely be someone with the time to show them the ropes or at least offer some guidance.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet
Name: Naroma Herandir
Title: Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down