Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising DB

+11
Ara
Feydor
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lini
Drustai
Ledgic
Geldar
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Xen-tau
Geneviève
Jemerick
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Advertising DB Empty Advertising DB

Post by Jemerick Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:13 pm

First of all it's not my idea, nonthless i like it that's why i post it.

"What would we all say if we could advertise Defias Brotherhood?" Sort of, so guild leaders and various people could write a paragraph or two and outline what they think, giving different sides and viewpoints
But then all put together it would look like a united front of DB, thus giving it more reputation and maybe more people.

So just answer that question and say something nice (preferably) about our beloved server. After enough got collected it'll be posted on the RP forum. Hopefully this will give more attention and reputation to DB and attract RP-ers.

Thank you in advance!

Side note: Correct me if i'm wronge but on the RP forum our presence actually reduced. Givig opinions on different topics and also bumping somewhat more often our recruitment threads would show we're still alive on this server too.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Advertising DB Empty Re: Advertising DB

Post by Geneviève Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm one of these old fashioned folk who think it's vulgar to promote yourself, your guild, or your server in any way besides example. I hate the recruitment spam in /1, and I'd hate to see a return to the eira where DFB was spamming the RP forums in some sort of desperate bid for attention.

Also, I think we all remember the last time something like this was attempted. Still, if people think we can be more civil this time then by no means let my pessimism stop you. Wink
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Geneviève wrote:....and I'd hate to see a return to the eira where DFB...

Da wat

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:34 pm

*coughs* Era...
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Geneviève, i've never thought of advertising to vulgar. But then i ask: How do we make our presence obvious to others?

We all know the RP populance of WoW is decreasing, and then there are those folks our there on dying servers who're looking for a new home. Such a post would at least make them give a chance to DB.

By the way i can't remember that era you mention, i wasn't here probably in those times. Razz But, naturally, i intend to make the topic to be and remain civil.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm British, we don't believe in self promotion. Wink

That's why we call it the Tower of London, turns out it's a fuck off huge fortress. "Oh that?! That's where the horse guards are barracked. Nothing important..." *points at a Palace in the centre of London*

Anyway...The best form of 'conversion' as it were is through example. Which I'll concede is hard on a cross server basis. But equally I'd argue that I was very, very nearly put off DFB for life by a certain Gnome warlocks constant presence on the RP forums proselytizing.

I just think advertising on the RP forums is 'trying to hard' and comes across as desperate.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:45 pm

I disagree, as long as you're not... pushing your luck. It's alright to make yourself known... just don't push it.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Just keep your guild drafts rolling on the official blizzard DB realm forum. That should do the trick. All the yada yada about it is a bit meh in my eyes too.

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Usually threads about realm promotion are done, but they turn into flame fests from out of realm people so I wouldn't say its a very good idea to promote on a wide scale.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:41 am

To be honest, I think it might be easier to advertise the server by having more members of our community be an active part of the Blizzard RP forum, for example.

As plenty of the above have mentioned, and more specifically Geldar, a thread dedicated to people just saying how wonderful and unicorn farting rainbow'd Defias is, will simply draw in people from other servers to flame. Heck, a lot of the time it even pulls people from non-rp servers to do just that.

So a subtle approach is what I'd suggest. Post in threads, make your own discussion threads, etc, etc. If we're civil and sensible, then people will get that image of the server.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:14 am

Agreed, Ledgic. As I've said before, I came to Defias during TBC primarily because its realm forum was more active and with more RP posts than AD at the time. As much as DefiasRP might center RP discussions in a single place, by taking them off of the realm forums it also makes DB look much less attractive to newcomers. It also makes the OOCers who do use the realm forums start to think like they own the server because there are no RP threads to counteract their influence.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:41 am

What the above two said. I already started a thread sometimes before about that, and as you can see that's what i referred in my side note too.

And about the main subject: Your opinions noted. I didn't think of people starting a flamefest over something like this, but on a second thougt you may be right.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:32 am

As people have already mentioned, some don't take well into people advertising their own server.

In fact, the last time I checked the RP forums (which was quite some time ago) the general reaction to anyone advertising DB was "Can't you shut up about your server already?!"

Usually said in a lot less polite manner.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:39 am

Wasn't there something like that on the old forums?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:47 am

Etular and Ephitos were mostly the reason for the DB animosity on the RP forum.

Don't be like them when advertising DB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:50 am

Etular was great ;(
Professor of Roleplay Theories, while not actually roleplaying.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:00 am

I put my RP exploits up on a forum or two to make people see how awesome the server can be.Sadly my efforts were greeted in a less than appriciative fashion by those I told
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:37 am

Although it's good to try and show to the public that your realm is still alive and booming, I agree with the previous responses and believe it's better to "subtly" bring it simply by showing that there's still active RPers there, rather than shamelessly promote it in some thread that -will- get flamed down anyway. In particular the Argent Dawn phonies seem to take great pleasure in trying to gun down anyone else's realm because they seem to think their own is so much more superior (that's no hating on AD from my side, though there -are- undeniably some obnoxious elitists from that place who seem to post on the RP forums).

In terms of promotion, I was thinking of some kind of a trailer as someone did a year or two ago Thinking about it though, I realized that could create animosity just as much. Maybe the DefiasRP website just needs to become a little more well-known and contain whatever information it needs to introduce new people to the realm.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:42 pm

A good point. How much of this forum, for example, can an unregistered person see? I mean, I know we're trying to keep out the griefers and OOC riff-raff, but if they were able to see a decent portion of the forum, including stories and such, would it not be a decent way to ease people into joining Defias?

Maybe allow a specific group for newcomers, where they can view parts of the forum without having any posting abilities in more than one, like an introduction forum or such.

Since we're all here, mostly, and the realm forum doesn't get much love.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:54 pm

I don't see why anything apart from the event section should be unviewable by unregistered users.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Gnash wrote:I don't see why anything apart from the event section should be unviewable by unregistered users.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Because alot of event related and IC related information is discussed in the other sections of the forums usually containing details regarding said events and IC related information which in turn could go bad if the wrong people see it.

Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:05 pm

The event section has dates and times - the In Character section usually doesn't contain this information. So I do think somebody would have to look quite hard to find a way to screw up role-play. By comparison, doing a quick /who in game is far easier. Wink

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Gnash is probably right.
But then again, anyone visiting here, has made the effort of looking the forum up, and after what I get the officers are usually pretty quick picking people applying for permission up.

Why would someone want to browse the forum without being a member? Something that don't take very long to become.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:18 pm

It would increase visibility if anything. Its a bit hard to tell how active this forum is if you aren't a full member at this moment.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next