Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legit idea?

+2
Ixirar
ForTheHorde
6 posters

Go down

Legit idea? Empty Legit idea?

Post by ForTheHorde Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Since I'm not very familiar with the Arcane lore of WoW, I got to ask.
If someone were tortured or exposed to a lot of arcane energy, could it change his or hers skin colour?
Let's say that a Forest Troll were captured, and after a long process of torture by mages using arcane magic his skin got bleached.

Would it be an "legit" explanation? Question
ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Legit idea? Empty Re: Legit idea?

Post by Ixirar Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:55 pm

Orcs and Elves are the only playable races, as far as I know, who are physically affected by the magic they're exposed to. Orcs through skin color and elves through eye color. All races mutate when exposed to significant fel energy.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by ForTheHorde Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Orcs and Elves are the only playable races, as far as I know, who are physically affected by the magic they're exposed to. Orcs through skin color and elves through eye color. All races mutate when exposed to significant fel energy.

So what you're saying is that the only way to change skin colour is by Fel Energy?
ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Not skin color. That's JUST orcs. Fel mutation is spikes and wings and basically becoming a half demon á la Fel Sworn blood elves / Illidan / Fel orcs.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by ForTheHorde Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Not skin color. That's JUST orcs. Fel mutation is spikes and wings and basically becoming a half demon á la Fel Sworn blood elves / Illidan / Fel orcs.

Ah, ok. So arcane magic has no cosmetic effect if exposed to it?
ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Well, I think it tends to bleach people's hair at least. Like Jaina's, and I believe many Highborne have white hair?
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nare Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:11 pm

What exactly do you have in mind? Quite a lot of effects can be explained with magic, you just need to put some effort to the story =)
Nare
Nare

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some examples stated that should more or less be legit. Note that some things are very long term like a race becoming another or so, other then that not sure about any skin changing specifically to a case like this, supose it could age a bit more get a lil more wrinkly or so, i guess it could get a little pale? Perhaps becouse of the torture too, then again i'm no expert in arcane torture.

Nercomancers usually got a pretty big pale thing going for them though, but there you got a pretty big infuence of becoming a living zombie. Same goes with the rest shadowy stuff as goes with the Pale orcs i supose? Well that's usually a more obvious and fast case where it happens.

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by ForTheHorde Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:56 pm

Nare wrote:What exactly do you have in mind? Quite a lot of effects can be explained with magic, you just need to put some effort to the story =)

Well... I want to be a Amani troll. But I dont like the greenish skin colour for troll (It is barely green anyway, that's what makes it so ugly). So I choosed the more "whiteish" one.
And I figured I need a valid explanation why I am a white Forest Troll.
So I thought that the idea that I were torutured during the Troll Wars by High Elven sorceres, and that made my skin pale, might work?

EDIT: Does Albinos exist in WoW?
ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Albinos are implied to be a thing in the WoW universe and there is certainly no profound reason why there couldn't be albinos. Large amounts of arcane energy can alter people physically, whatever effect you want is probably doable within reason and with a well planned backstory. Take some inspiration from the likes of fel corruption in Orcs/Elves and Jaina's bleached streak of hair, etc;
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by ForTheHorde Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:58 am

Skaraa wrote:Albinos are implied to be a thing in the WoW universe and there is certainly no profound reason why there couldn't be albinos. Large amounts of arcane energy can alter people physically, whatever effect you want is probably doable within reason and with a well planned backstory. Take some inspiration from the likes of fel corruption in Orcs/Elves and Jaina's bleached streak of hair, etc;

Yay! Thanks <3
ForTheHorde
ForTheHorde

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down