Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Considering options

5 posters

Go down

Considering options Empty Considering options

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Though you may be aware of it. I've recently been attempting to create a "Facilitating" guild (Under the name of House of Yore) By that I mean it's morally grey, allowing it to protectively create RP-PvP by proxy.

The key difference between facilitating and participating is that a participating is reactive to ongoing events.
Facilitating aims to create those events, I think that's a sufficient explanation for that, moving on...

I've had zero success in all avenues, I am unable to recruit a member base to actually accomplish anything, which sounds QQ I know but I'm not one to dwell on failure for long, essentially this is a last call.

Is any one interested in helping me bring this to life, as a House of Yore member?
The full concept and ethos is available here, and in the realm forum
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Considering options Empty Re: Considering options

Post by siegmund Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:44 am

Well the thing is there aren't a lot of people RPing these days around and very little new income of people, then again even in the recent past even most people just made new things with alts, which can only go so far. And nowadays the butter is spread thin as it is, if you catch my colorful words.

The other thing is this forum here is pretty dead on it's own, really as some have said it's best effect is to have a fancy looking recruitment page to point people at.

New guilds and concepts will have a very hard time rising right now on DB et. al. unless you tailor them to the state of the realm and work your way up from there.

Sadly that's how it is at the moment. The RP comunity is basically lacking people, especially fresh people to RP at the moment and those that are a good core kind of RPer or guild have their own issues at the moment. Be it already commited or of course the game is boring or they moved to another server, real life, etc.

For concidering your options well you don't have to let your concept die out, but you'd be probably better off learning about the comunity that is left and perhaps finding a somewhat stable guild that help improve that while keeping the house thing always open. Or try aproaching from another angle.

There are few self suficient guilds at the moment, the comunity shines best when it comes together and guilds work together in events, showing off it's not dead or loners. Bringing in new potentially interested fresh meat which people can then help out to (painfully) slowly help new things grow. But if you pull it off it's a great thing.

tr;dl You're sort of fucked, pardon my french. Adapting or finding a guild or friends first is always a good idea before trying to make a guild from scratch on your own right now. New RPers are key for more activity.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:54 pm

PM me ingame, might have a proposal.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:18 am

Nothing wrong with your concept. The idea itself is great, a (Noble) House spreading it influence and power akin to the Trade Princes of Goblins. The fact that you are able to work as proxy to create RP-PvP, rather than wait it to fall on your lap is again good, great, exceptional, awesome, epic and- well, you get the idea.

There is a 'gap' for such guilds, for RP-PvP is great, and it takes only a small spark to escalate a misunderstanding to a full-scale war. The concept is also not similar to any guild that is currently on the Alliance side, so you have a good chance to flourish.

The problem is, numbers. Recruitment on the RP-PvP servers is not the fastest of process, for Roleplayers are a vast minority. Many veteran roleplayers also are in already established guilds, are committed to something or simply to busy to create new characters.

On the flipside, I meet daily people new into Roleplaying, people coming to the server or new people showing up in the public events that we host. Thing is, said players do not know where to head in search of a guild. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is read by a minority, mostly old farts who have been around a long time.

I do direct such players whenever I can to public events and LFRP channel. However, if you want to benefit from those new players, your best bet is to bump Realm Forum recruitment post actively with actual content, be active spamming Trade and Stormwind General with your recruitment Macro. Most importantly, you need to be roleplaying. Doesn't matter where, or in what connection, but active guilds that do actively stuff do attract members. No better recruitment material than Screenshort from your RP sessions.

Zackarus wrote:Is any one interested in helping me bring this to life, as a House of Yore member?

I did not join your guild despite showing interest earlier. Reasons to it were purely IC, so I decided to stand on the side and watch how things do progress - In Character.

I still think your concept is great, and I am willing to give what hand I can OOC in terms of aiding you to polish up your recruitment, giving advice or just someone to brainstorm with.

That is all that I can offer as for now.

(gotta dash, RL, would otherwise write more)
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:04 am

Do you advertise it enough? Try showing a IC presence anywhere where you could catch new players, be they rpers or not, you know.
To catch their eye.
And ugh, did you delete the post made after Charlies one?
Go to the realm forums and keep people updated, start doing things, alone if you have to.
People need to see you around for them to actually think about joining.
A forum post is just a forum post after all.
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:20 pm

I did delete my last, since it was unnecessary. As for the other suggestions. Nothing can be done without boots on the ground, which is why I made that particular request.

We are working on a merger that should enable us to begin events; I don't want to jynx it by saying what the intention is but if it all goes well I should have an update
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Update*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas