Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undead define. (Made up words idea)

+5
Lexgrad
Skarain
Morgaan
siegmund
Zackarn Yorelas
9 posters

Go down

Undead define. (Made up words idea) Empty Undead define. (Made up words idea)

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:28 pm

I was giving it some thought after having seen a variety of different spins on the racial description;

Infected / afflicted Gilnean
Lordearonian Human
So on and so forth, so why not the undead, so I put my made up word forward for your consideration.

"Thanatosian"

Thanatos
ˈθanətɒs/
noun
noun: Thanatos
(in Freudian theory) the death instinct.
Origin

from Greek thanatos ‘death’.

What do my fellow deader's think?
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Undead define. (Made up words idea) Empty Re: Undead define. (Made up words idea)

Post by siegmund Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:27 am

Sounds very made up indeed.

But let's be honest Lorderonian and all that just sounds wrong.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Undead define. (Made up words idea) Empty Re: Undead define. (Made up words idea)

Post by Morgaan Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:34 pm

I've seen a "Southshorian" once.

Edit:
Zack, moved here recently? :\ If you are the Zack I think you are (The one that had a character that was a Dragon Knight.)
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Yes, though it was not a dragon, or had dragon blood, or anything... Strange of that nature. it was simply a knight, who wore dragon'esk armor and rode a proto drake.

Perfectly reasonable to my mind; I moved over here because I missed RP-PvP, my sub exspired in AD and I felt no pressing cause to re-new it, but when I decided to I also decided if I was going to play again, it would be here.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Ah very well. Freelancers miss you, or well miss numbers! Could be mistaken, hah!
But anyway, enjoy your time here.
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Ah Swifthand, never have I encountered a more apt multi-tasker. I do miss having him to DM events. Still thank you for the welcome.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Sadly the last RP-PvP campaign happened a bit ago, so might be a while till something big like that happens again.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:46 pm

siegmund wrote:Sadly the last RP-PvP campaign happened a bit ago, so might be a while till something big like that happens again.
Thanks for reminding. Exams gone, time to return planning table.

On topic: I'd just use + . It's obvious enough that one with their glowing eyes is dead.

If one use Warrior for the task though, then using Undead would be my suggestion to go.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Could you not just do an AV skirmish and have every DB RPer in it with room for friends?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:57 pm

A skirmish or wargame was sugested at the last Campaign but some people didn't like the idea.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:29 am

siegmund wrote:A skirmish or wargame was sugested at the last Campaign but some people didn't like the idea.

Would have been better than the mess of a PvP event I took part in XD
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:25 am

Lyniath wrote:
siegmund wrote:A skirmish or wargame was sugested at the last Campaign but some people didn't like the idea.

Would have been better than the mess of a PvP event I took part in XD
*goes to cry in the corner as the main organizer of the event*

No but really, if you have suggestions on 'how' or 'what' would be cooler to see in terms of RP-PvP Events, all feedback is welcome. We can't really read your heads and know those ideas and thoughts before you share them..... however, I think that should be done in the end of the Campaign thread at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Sorry for Zack for derailing his thread)
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:43 pm

That's fine, my question was answered some time ago, as for RP-PvP events I have some ideas. Hopefully I'll be in a position to act on them at some point.

The key is context and ensuring a competitive atmosphere, from what I hear it always ends up as one side having a colossal advantage over the other.

Any attempt to create RP-PvP should have that consideration at it's core, OOC agreements need to be made to keep that competitive vibe, each side needs to have a realistic chance to win or it's an entirely unrewarding experience IMO.

Takes two to tango after all.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:18 am

siegmund wrote:But let's be honest Lorderonian and all that just sounds wrong.

You mean the noun or the concept?
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Noun of course. Not the worst one though, seen Southshorian, Westfallian, Stormwindian.
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:32 pm

siegmund wrote:Sounds very made up indeed.

But let's be honest Lorderonian and all that just sounds wrong.

Morgaan wrote:Noun of course. Not the worst one though, seen Southshorian, Westfallian, Stormwindian.

-ian is a suffix in the English language denoting relation or belonging to the noun it is attached to. So let's say "Southshorian rogue" means a rogue that is related to Southshore/belonging to Southshore. For example by having been born there.

I don't understand why perfectly valid English is being mocked by pretentious "I wish I was a grammar snob" know-it-alls.

Also probably google the grammatical conventions you're mocking before telling people they're doing something wrong.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Well... Diversity is good, I guess. For me all those sounds like family clans. We are lucky there is no place nor town called Kardash.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spoken too soon.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:53 am

siegmund wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spoken too soon.

Oh, but I meant: on Azeroth Razz
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:31 am

Let's not jinx it shall we?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:03 am

Agreed.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:27 am

Sir Zackarus Xaviour wrote:I was giving it some thought after having seen a variety of different spins on the racial description;

Lordearonian Human
So on and so forth, so why not the undead, so I put my made up word forward for your consideration.

"Thanatosian"

Thanatos
ˈθanətɒs/
noun
Origin

I'm not a DK, but I think it's fair enough. There are just few local names like: Azjol-Nerub, Coldara, Sholazar, or Zul'Drak. The "Drak," however, occurs very often in Troll settlements, so maybe it links with the fact, that these parts were home for Dragons (Dra[k/c]orian wouldn't fit much; Coldarian and Nerubian would also point in different directions). Maybe take some Icecrown gate? Those are even tranlsated ingame. Or simply Northrendian?
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:38 pm

This sure sounds like a bunch of pointless complexity for no good reason.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:26 pm

Mallucis wrote:
Sir Zackarus Xaviour wrote:I was giving it some thought after having seen a variety of different spins on the racial description;

Lordearonian Human

"Thanatosian"

Thanatos
ˈθanətɒs/
noun
Origin

I'm not a DK, but I think it's fair enough. There are just few local names like: Azjol-Nerub, Coldara, Sholazar, or Zul'Drak. The "Drak," however, occurs very often in Troll settlements, so maybe it links with the fact, that these parts were home for Dragons (Dra[k/c]orian wouldn't fit much; Coldarian and Nerubian would also point in different directions). Maybe take some Icecrown gate? Those are even tranlsated ingame. Or simply Northrendian?

The "Drak" in Zul'drak is reffering to the Drakkari tribe that lives there, mate. It doesn't occour "very often" in troll settlements. Only when reffering to the Drakkari.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
The "Drak" in Zul'drak is reffering to the Drakkari tribe that lives there, mate. It doesn't occour "very often" in troll settlements. Only when reffering to the Drakkari.

But, of course it does, I don't deny it, just speculate why Drakkari tribe is called Drakkari. In majority of languages RL, the morpheme "drak" is connected with dragons as mythical beings, hence my speculation. And, by writing: settlements I meant those there, in Zul'Drak (Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Drak'Agal, Drak'Mabwa, Drak'Sotra).
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down