Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open RP Event - To be Advertised to non-RPers

+4
Skarain
Arabella Greene
Axebane
Skaraa
8 posters

Go down

Open RP Event - To be Advertised to non-RPers Empty Open RP Event - To be Advertised to non-RPers

Post by Skaraa Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:05 am

This is my answer to the points raised in the official forum discussion. We should do some open RP events, not just advertised to RPers but to non-RPers as well. How do we make that kind of appeal, I hear you ask? Well, there are two main ways I can think of. This thread is to put forward the idea and narrow down what is most likely to work, as a start.

1. WPvP - Ashran is a high-level PvP zone with rewards everyone can enjoy, be it broken bones or whatever else. Why not run a few big battles in Ashran advertised to PvPers on the Alliance and Horde. How do we make it RP, I hear you ask? Ask the leaders of PvP and RP Guilds attending to /y battle speeches before charging into the fray. It might end up a dud, but it might be fun and will at least make us more approachable to the community. Also, think of all the free broken bones/honor points/kills you'll get as an RPer in a raid group with a load of geared PvPers. We could extend this to city boss kills, too, but Ashran has the best incentive for the normal community.

2. Professions - If it works this could be a semi-regular/regular event. We all probably have a maxed out profession or two, why not sell services (free to people with mats) in a market in Ironforge/whatever, instead of over /trade? How would this catch on? Imagine you have people with maxed out profs all in the same place in one city - easier to go there then to spam trade, right? RP with the people who arrive, say hello, ask what they want, wish them a nice day. You may even get some £$€ tips out of it.

3. Anyone else have an idea? Smile

Yes, whatever we do might not be 100% IC. We will have to suck it up and deal with disruptions, and it might not go according to plan. The way I see it is we can do -something- after all the chatter, exchange, and conversation... or we can sit on our hands, pat ourselves on the back for having spoken about it, and do nothing.

Trying to get the ball rolling, here.

- Skaraa
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Open RP Event - To be Advertised to non-RPers Empty Re: Open RP Event - To be Advertised to non-RPers

Post by Axebane Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:13 am

I see your point there! I like the idea of introducing people to RP, but in WoW it's not an easy task to say the least. My suggestion would be to make an event to introduce new RP'er and use the Trade chat to let people know. An event circulating around getting the new RP'ers to have a nice time. That's my suggestion!
Axebane
Axebane

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Open RP Event - To be Advertised to non-RPers Empty Re: Open RP Event - To be Advertised to non-RPers

Post by Arabella Greene Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:33 am

Only problem with Ashran is Ashran queues. Got idea but only a certain amount of people can enter at a time
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Ashran have queues and is cross-realm with non RP realms nowdays.

Skaraa wrote:3. Anyone else have an idea? Smile

In the theme of the RP-PvP servers, put players against players.

-Dueling Tournament done in a Roleplaying fashion, organized, yells, whatnot.

-Argent Tournament grounds type of Tournament by making use of the jousting mechanics.

Or both combined.

There is also possibility of Wargames in Nagrand Ring of Blood. However not sure that would work well as a tournament as the combatants phase out and we can't thus do betting on the winners.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Oh the last Argent Tournament we had on DB (Or well the last I was in, like... 3years ago) was a blast!

Well except people calling other people cheaters.
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:22 am

Skarain wrote:
There is also possibility of Wargames in Nagrand Ring of Blood. However not sure that would work well as a tournament as the combatants phase out and we can't thus do betting on the winners.

If you use the Outland ring of blood, there's no phasing and the spectators can fly up and sit in the rows above the arena.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Pretty much all suggestions here are good, bring in events like competitions where people can win prizes (winning something may attract the out of character people to come, if it is an actual thing you are giving them). Adapt markets which use proffessions into gold or trade, trade the materials for another set of materials or an item of equal value etc.

IC PvP competitions pretty easy to have those.

Tournaments, pretty easy to do via various formats really, roll/emote/pvp/set-gear-pvp. change to suit whichever style suits the person/event.

Small scale World PvP and Large scale (both involving Rp), bringing back the server tradition of celebrating the DB anniversary is also good.

Lore-Schools, this can be done via expeditions/magic schools lessons that involve people attending and learning more about the world of warcraft, has to involve them by engaging them in answering questions and doing stuff.

Make sure to utilize the taverns more perhaps and guilds that take a more reliquary/explorers guild approach, more Rp-PvP seen PvP'ers asking for some of that.

As for marketing our server, perhaps it is best that we create some sort of Defias Brotherhood "brochure" that we can post on the Roleplaying Forums/DB forums or something, so that people whom already do Roleplay get a glimpse of things to expect on Defias Brotherhood.

Best place for this though, is again Defias Brotherhood et al forums
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Unfortunatly my computer can sometimes barely handle SW, yet Ashran and ESPECIALLY fighting in Ashran - boy oh boy, RIP my feeble machinery

Professions however, that might be something very doable!
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down