Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] The Eventide Vanguard - Open Event this Saturday!

+2
Skarain
Gnivil
6 posters

Go down

[H] The Eventide Vanguard - Open Event this Saturday! Empty [H] The Eventide Vanguard - Open Event this Saturday!

Post by Gnivil Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

IC

Posters are found all around Horde settlements, when one picks one of them up, one would read as follows:
Spoiler:
Each poster is signed "Gnivil Sunsprinter"

OOC

Welcome to the Eventide Vanguard! If you hadn't guessed we're a guild that while the other Horde guilds might fight against the Alliance, we fight the other enemies of the Horde, the Burning Legion, Old Gods, Cult of the Damned, etc. I feel the need to point out that we are though in no way a neutral faction, we might be more prone to working with the Alliance if need be than other guilds might, but we are here to defend the Horde against these threats, not the Alliance. We are also a military force first and foremost as well, so strict discipline is expected.

Given that we are ICly going to be fighting threats to the Horde that aren't the Alliance primarily, the vast majority of our expedition events will be DM'd, though we hope to do some RP-PvP with some of the Cult guilds on the Alliance side, though possibly we could fight Alliance affiliated guilds that made the first strike against us, for example. We do have a great number of DM'd campaigns planned, in areas ranging from Pandaria to Outland to even possibly the Caverns of Time. A disclaimer while we do accept all levels it is recommended that when we go for RP expeditions to certain zones we will go to that you are at least the recommended level for if you were questing in said zone, we will try to protect lower levels but there is obviously no guarantee of safety. 

Campaigns and Events

While we will do individual events regularly, a lot of the time we will be doing long campaigns. Campaigns will usually be split over two weeks, the events being on alternate days (though this particular aspect is certainly not set in stone). The first event of each campaign will be us travelling to our destination, though if our destination is in, for example, another continent, this may be split into two events, the first being getting the boat journey to get to the continent, the second being travelling from the dock to our specific destination, if this is the case, they will usually be simply the day after each other. The second (or third if travelling was split into two) event will usually be us setting up a base camp, though we may simply leave out this event if there is a town very close to where we want to conduct our event. The following (roughly) 10 days worth of events (around 5 usually) will be the actual campaign, this could be exploring a ruin, taking down a particular cult, or something else entirely. Finally the last two events will be us travelling back to our HQ (one of the fortresses at Dranosh'ar Blockade) and a debriefing. 

Other events we conduct is military drills, this will include different attacking formations, forming a shield wall, how to take down particular demons and other such creatures, etc. We also will have lore sessions where people can be taught both IC and OOC about certain areas of Azeroth (our Outland)'s history, the particular topic of each of these lore sessions is open for requests. If a guild member would like to suggest an event, whether it be a one off or a regular thing, we would ask them to suggest it to me (Gnivíl), Thaleon, or Shén and if it's good, we'll use it! 

Ranks

The ranks are very simple in this guild, with a simple promotion system, as this is not a wing-based guild. 

At the top there is the Grand-Warden, he is the leader of the guild, and all in the guild answer to him above anyone else. The current Grand-Warden is Gnivil Sunsprinter

Below him are the two Wardens, each of them will help the Grand-Warden handle the running of the guild (both IC and OOC). The current Wardens are Thaleon and Shén

Below the Wardens are the Guardians, while these are not quite officers in the guild, they are a rank of great prestige within the guild, charged with protecting the very idea of it.

Below the Guardians are the Watchers, these are people who have proven themselves to the Vanguard and have taken the oath of service

Finally the lowest IC rank is the Recruit, these are people who are members of the Vanguard, but have not yet fully proven themselves or taken their oaths.

The Oath

Gods and spirits, hear my words.
I do on this day swear myself to the Eventide.
I swear to defend the Horde from destruction,
To never fight for anger nor vengeance, cruelty nor fear,
I swear only to fight so that the Horde may survive.
I swear my every breath to the Vanguard, until my last breath.

Why the change from the Reliquary?
I feel it's necessary to address this elephant in the room. The answer to this is twofold. One, we felt as though we completely rushed the Reliquary, the OP for that guild was, if I'm honest, quite poor and we should have really thought through what we wanted to do with the guild before simply creating it and start recruiting. Although the main reason for it (and I suppose this does link into the first reason) is simply that for what we wanted to do with the guild, a Blood Elf controlled kind-of equivalent to the Explorer's League wouldn't really do what we wanted to do with the guild. But don't worry, if you liked the sound of what we were doing with the Reliquary, we will still do a lot of that with this guild, exploring ruins, finding the occasional lost artefact, etc. However, it's just we wanted to focus more on the stopping of those dark powers from destroying the Horde rather than simply restricting ourselves to ancient ruins.

Last edited by Gnivil on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 8 times in total
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet
Name: Gnivil
Title: Grand-Warden of the Eventide Vanguard

Back to top Go down

[H] The Eventide Vanguard - Open Event this Saturday! Empty Re: [H] The Eventide Vanguard - Open Event this Saturday!

Post by Skarain Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:29 am

Add some pretty archeology pictures in the page, please?
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[H] The Eventide Vanguard - Open Event this Saturday! Empty Re: [H] The Eventide Vanguard - Open Event this Saturday!

Post by Charlie Blazesong Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:32 am

Hm.. Sounds interesting, might start rping my blood elf for this Very Happy Perhaps there will be a clach or two between Freelancers and Reliquary too Very Happy
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:23 am

Inran/Skarain wrote:Add some pretty archeology pictures in the page, please?
We intend to, but at the moment we haven't really done much RP, especially that which is archaeologically related, though I might add some artwork and things like that tonight.

Stig/Jens/Mort wrote:Hm.. Sounds interesting, might start rping my blood elf for this:D  Perhaps there will be a clach or two between Freelancers and Reliquary too Very Happy 
Oh, please do join on your Blood Elf, we're always looking for new members! And I would be very interested in doing some RP-PvP between our guilds in the future Wink
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:33 am

Hey Gnivil!

Sounds like a good opponent to our explorer's league, and luckily in this situation, it's also not very large in number so RP-PvP or cross-faction RP would not be massively imbalanced.

The best of luck with this and hope our hammers stumble into your heads soon!

-Morthimus

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 am

Cool. Blood Elves and Adventure are a mix that works well for me.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:51 am

Best of luck to you and hope we see each other on the field of exploration!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 am

Cerik Ironforge wrote:Hey Gnivil!

Sounds like a good opponent to our explorer's league, and luckily in this situation, it's also not very large in number so RP-PvP or cross-faction RP would not be massively imbalanced.

The best of luck with this and hope our hammers stumble into your heads soon!

-Morthimus
Oh nice! I'd definitely be interested in some RP-PvP between our guilds!
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Updated with new names for some of the Guard branch and some additional info on the guild.
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Just an announcement to say we're very excited to be launching our first proper RP campaign! This one's too Pandaria, we have a great storyline lined up for all our members to enjoy.
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:47 am

Bump because yeah, we're back under a different banner.
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Looks good.
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet
Name: Diederich Roland Northcliffe
Title: Shadow Priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:52 pm

We're having an open event this Saturday at 9PM server time for all those who are interested in joining the guild. At Dranosh'ar blockade, Durotar Map co-ords 51/11
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Ouch. Damnation's Call has one of it's big battles planned for this Sunday. :O
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:15 am

I just checked the calendar to make sure but Saturday and Sunday are different days.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:22 am

OH SSSNAP..

Sorry. I embarrassed myself.

Carry on! Nothing to see here!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:42 am

Haha got a bit confused for a moment there
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down