Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Ninth Squadron

+4
Rashka
Drustai
Coppersocket
Larnira
8 posters

Go down

[A] The Ninth Squadron Empty [A] The Ninth Squadron

Post by Larnira Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 pm

IC

[A] The Ninth Squadron Guild_12

OOC
What are we?
The Ninth Squadron is a rapid deployment group formed out of a few 7th legion ships used in Northrend. It consists of two wings. The Marines and the Seamen. The marines are an elite group of soldiers specially trained to be able to deploy themselves off a ship and be ready to fight immediately. The seamen are experienced sailors either from different trade ships or from other Alliance navy vessels providing cover from afar with their canons and guns or just transport.

What are our OOC goals?
Our goals, mine and the officers’ goals are to make a relaxed and happy guild that allows the RPers to try something different, not a bar guild, not a guard guild. But a navy guild. We aim to get into RP-PvP aswell as DM’d events with other guilds and longer planned campaigns with other alliance army or civilian organizations.

What are our IC goals?
Our goal as a naval squadron is to protect the alliance’s ports and lands from the horde which desires to take them over. We aim to establish active trade routes with the Pandaren aswell as organize archaeology expeditions or even attack Horde harbours/ports and have full scale sea battles all across azeroth.

What races & classes do we accept?
The Ninth Squadron accepts every class, Paladins or rogues. Doesn’t matter! (Warlocks must be RPed as arcane using classes for example Sorcerers or Wizards.) Due to a strict policy put upon the Squadron by the Commodore only Gnomes, Dwarves, Pandaren and Humans (Also those infected) are allowed to join.

How do I join?
The recruitment process is very easy! You just /w one of our officers (Míá, Jasminè or Ardeván) and they have a short OOC interview with you, then you get invited into the guild as an OOC member and we will plan your IC enlistment down there!

Ranks

Commodore
The Commodore is the commanding officer of the Squadron. She takes care of all politics and negotiations but also leads the ships from her flagship in battle. The current Commodore space is taken by Alexandra Averheim.

Spoiler:

The Captain
The Captain is one of the higher officers, they command the ship and the sailors. Once promoted, the captain is given command over a vessel and also is given his own crew and uniform. They set standards for the other officers in the squadron.

Spoiler:

The Lieutenant
The Lieutenant leads the marines and scouts in battle. He is well trained and disciplined, he takes orders directly from the Commodore. The officer of the marines can be reckognized by the blue armour he wears.

Spoiler:

Midshipman
The midshipman is a junior officer, often charged with commanding the Watch while senior officers occupy themselves with other aspects of the vessel's management. The midshipmen wear the same uniform as the captain's but without a cloak or a hat.

The Marine
The main assaulting force of the Squadron, the Marines uniform is a plate/mail variant with a sword and shield of their choice. The Marines are specially trained troops that can manage boarding enemy ships or a fast dispatch onto another area. The Marines can wear either Plate or Leather on the ship, depending on their choice.

Spoiler:

The Scout
Serving together with the Marines, the scouts are a small force of well trained soldiers wearing leather able to scout an area or preform an assasination. They are also used as rangers on the ship when given rifle's.

Spoiler:

The Spellcaster
The spellcasters are mages, druids or even priests. They have a freedom of choice over uniforms as long as they fit the tabard well.The Spellcasters are often aiding the Marines from behind the front lines with frostbolts or arcane blasts.

The Surgeon
There is one surgeon on each ship. Every surgeon must be well trained and might also be sometimes used as a field medic. Each surgeon has a freedom of choice for their clothes but it is advised to keep the clothes white.

The SEAL Teams
The SEAL Teams are veteran soldiers taken from different units of the Alliance. The soldiers are battle hardened and equipped with the best gear in the whole Alliance army. The SEAL's would be used for underwater missions of recovering artifacts or planting charges aswell as attacking important targets of the enemy. To become a SEAL you need to get transfered from other spec ops teams or pass the hard training. SEAL's use normal Marine or Scout gear but have special badges on their shoulders.

The Chef
Its not easy to feed a whole ship with marines and sailors and even possible travelers on board. That's why the chef needs to be trained and good in his job, no crew would accept untasty food. The chef doesnt have to be a member of the crew, it can also be a civilian that doesnt wish to get involved into battle.

Our Ships!

HMS Victory

[A] The Ninth Squadron Wowscr10

This mighty frigate is a beast out in the ocean. With the possibility to reach around 12 knots as a full speed it can also carry 40 canons and 35 crewmen + 1 tonne of cargo. Its the flagship of the Ninth Squadron.
Currently docked in: Stormwind

Thank you for reading and we hope to see you soon!

Last edited by Larnira on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

[A] The Ninth Squadron Empty Re: [A] The Ninth Squadron

Post by Coppersocket Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 pm

I... I'm so sorry.
You forgot an E in Nineth.

Unless it really was intended to be Ninth.

Edit:
Well, ain't I the fool then.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Im pretty sure its supposed to be Ninth Wink but thanks for that anyway.
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Coppersocket wrote:I... I'm so sorry.
You forgot an E in Nineth.

Unless it really was intended to be Ninth.

Ninth is how you spell it.

There is no E.

Also, good luck with this, Larnira. Feel free to talk to Areyah if you need any logistical support.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks alot Drustai Smile support will be very useful and im planning events for the future already so watch out! The guild will also provide transport for different trips or maybe just protecting trade ships.
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:09 am

Why can't I find the like button?
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppernut Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 am

Larnira wrote:
The Chef
Its not easy to feed a whole ship with marines and sailors and even possible travelers on board. That's why the chef needs to be trained and good in his job, no crew would accept untasty food. The chef doesnt have to be a member of the crew, it can also be a civilian that doesnt wish to get involved into battle.

i so want to run the galley with a gnomish chef

may have to have words with you on this.

good luck
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyffe Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 am

This is excellent, I really like the set-up and I wish all the best. If Muir (and I) wasn't so comfortably integrated with the Stormwind Regiment, he'd be in this organisation like a shot.

Marines uniform is a plate/mail

Just one thing though. Unless they are able to strip off the bulk of their plate armour (shoulders pads and chestpiece) within 5 seconds of hitting the water and are capable of swimming with the rest on, I seriously advice restricting them to wearing mail (there are some really nice uniform mails out there) or leather while at sea, and saving the plate for land-based operations. Otherwise it's more or less an instant death sentence if a plate-wearer were to fall overboard ICly. (Although a I suppose a Death Knight would just have to walk along the sea bed until reaching the shore...)

I suppose that these Marines and Scouts will be serving as the main crew workforce as well? No idle hands on deck! So plenty of cleaning and maintenance duties to be delegated and done =D
Fyffe
Fyffe

Character sheet
Name: "Fyffe the Confounder!!!"
Title: Lorescribe and Illusionist

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:16 am

Aye Marines and scouts will be cleaning and polishing the ship Very Happy i mentioned under the rank that they have a choice of gear on the ship. Either leather and shield/sword or plate if they want.
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 pm

8 active members currently, a few more sailors and we will start patrol events! We still need a Sailor officer and a few warriors for the marines! /w me for info or PM me! Very Happy
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 am

Bump for military, as this apparently is still actively recruiting.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 am

Im currently working on this yes.
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 am

Btw, Larnira. I recommend checking out the frigates at Lion's Landing instead of the pirate ship. They have the most interior space of any ship in the game, have their own port, and look gorgeous and very patriotic.

Just requires being able to access Pandaria, and being able to do the intro quests for Landing. If you have low level players who can't do the quests, you could use the fleet that's sitting north of Jade Forest instead of Lion's Landing. Just requires a warlock to summon people.

Although I suppose that's probably too complicated for everyday RP.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 am

The ships in lions landing will mostly be used for events but thanks for the suggestion. I have a small list of places Smile
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:14 am

Pssh, you should clearly be the scarlet fleet! Mhm, although this seems intresting and hopefully somewhat different from other military guilds. *Scratches his beard* Yes, I'm certain I'll at least have a look some day.
--This is another bump, heya!--
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down