Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Veil (Gift Thread)

+5
NicholasBullard (Taph)
Officer High Morale
Izzifix
Thondalar Stormleaf
Coppersocket
9 posters

Go down

Winter Veil (Gift Thread) Empty Winter Veil (Gift Thread)

Post by Coppersocket Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 am

(WoW-Europe thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

So Winter Veil is literally a week away, and as days go by I'm gathering more and more gifts to give out to everyone. As unfortunate as it is, I'll not be able to extend this to Horde players. This is mainly due to the amount of time and effort this would take, given that I'm going to be giving these gifts out on my own. It'd also double the amount of gifts that I feel I'd need to gather, making me unable to try get some decent gifts to give people.

Anyhow, I've made a decision: I'm not going to give out the gifts to everyone until the 25th. The reason for this is because I'll be with my family on the 23th and the 24th. I realize for a lot of people this'll be problematic, but I reason this: There's a lot of people out there who honestly have nobody to celebrate this with due to lack of family or otherwise. If I can brighten these peoples day a bit over a game, then honestly my job has been successful. There'll also be a lot who are capable of logging on early morning on 25, and to those people- I'll try be around somewhat early.

Due to how I sleep, I can't promise any times I'll be around. But I will be around. I want to give as many people as I can, a gift.

Due to the limited amount of gifts however, it's one gift per person. I can't stop you logging alts to receive gifts but I will write down the name of everyone who has received a gift.

This'll be very time consuming, and maybe, just maybe- the gifts will be continued to be given out throughout the rest of Winter Veil.
I'll be giving them out as long as I can. If I run out of gifts, you can be sure I'll try do what I can to restock using what little money I have at my disposal.

Now, for something a little bit off-topic. As a kid, and even as an adult- Christmas and other such seasonal events has never much appealed to me. They never did. I've never valued myself as a person worth "giving" to, so these sort of events have always been awkward for me. This extends to my birthday as well.

But after doing this last year- Christmas became something I honestly looked forward to.
As I stated above, I don't like to receive. But I do like to do things where I can tell I'm doing something that appeals to others, something that allows me to tell that what I'm doing is positive and that the people I give to cherishes (to some extent) what I gave them.

I don't do a lot of things on my own accord, I'm mostly a passive guy. I very rarely do things for myself, or am capable of planning things in advance. I'm struggling with gathering the gifts I desire to give away too.

But with that said: If I didn't feel it was worth it, I wouldn't be collecting them. I may be doing it in my own pace, but I'm doing it. I'm doing something that I myself, want to do. I don't expect gratitude for what I do, even tho it's appreciated. I just want to give the people around me a bit of a happy surprise, something unexpected and I'm very, very thankful to those of you who have helped me so far. Without you, I'd be on far left gifts currently than I am. You've helped me with something that's become very important to me as a person, and I thank you for that.

Also, as closing word. I'd like to extend my apology to the Horde that I can't give you any gifts. I genuinely would love to. But as I stated, it'd stretch out my capability as a single person too much. I may look into getting help from the Horde next Winter Veil (If I'm still playing by that point), to ensure that as many people as possible can receive a gift.

Thank you very, very much for helping me do this and I hope to see everyone of you online.

As this is a edit of the old thread, I'm keeping the old post in a quote below:
Good morning, afternoon, evening, or night. Whenever you're reading this.

You may be wondering what this thread is about as you may feel mentioning Winter Veil is a bit soon, so let me tell you!

Winter Veil is drawing closer and closer, we're dangerously close in fact. Hallow's End is not far away, and soon enough Winter Veil will appear.

Last year, I gathered up every item I had found that I hadn't bound or had otherwise got my hands (of various level requirements and quality) on that could be packaged (I even went as far as to buy a stuff from the AH to gather up even more items). Then, I packaged them down in a random colors and sent them randomly to my bank alt, shuffling them there- and then sent them back.

Then, I gave them away to players.
Over 250 packages were given away to players who came to Ironforge to do their dailies or just to enjoy winter veil at it's core location.

Some were happy with their gift, some were less so due to simply not having much luck with the gift they got. But it's the though that counts, yes?

Now, as you may imagine- gathering a bunch of BoE items takes a whole lot of time. It's not difficult, but very time consuming.

So now I look toward the community. If you find anything that you're not going to auction, and feel that it could possibly be sent to a random player as a gift. Feel free to either give it away yourself, or send it over to my bank alt ( Slavetognome ), with a note that you want it given to another player.

I'll be attempting to hand out items over the course of the entire Winter's Veil. (This is Alliance only, but if you got a way to transfer the item from Horde to Alliance and desire to do so, you're welcome to.)

Now, obviously some people might be suspicious of this. They're free to be, since I really don't have any way to "prove" that I'm going to give it out. You'll basically have to trust my word. There should be people out there that can probably testify to that I've done this in the past.

Anyhow, thanks for reading. If you want to help out, I appreciate it. If you don't, then that's fine too. Smile
(Note, stackable items cannot be packaged. If you desire to package the item yourself, then that's fine too. Would tag it as you packaging it, so the player receiving it knows who initially gave the item away.)

Last edited by Coppersocket on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:20 am; edited 31 times in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Winter Veil (Gift Thread) Empty Re: Winter Veil (Gift Thread)

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:29 am

I remember getting a gift from this last year ^^ It was sweet and really adorable! I'll send you some items if I have some Very Happy
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:40 am

Got a few neat BoEs that aren't gonna sell. Will mail you in due time.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:08 pm

That's a nice thing to do, will see if I have anything in my bags or if I will get any.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:51 am

Updated the post. Go to the main thread if you want to ask a question or want more information.

Also, as it's relevant to how some of you seem to think on this particular forum, I should clarify this: Just because you believe I dislike you, doesn't mean I do. Nor does it mean that you wouldn't receive a gift if you were to appear. I may state dislike towards a persons actions, but rarely do I go as far as actually disliking anyone.

You're all welcome, even if you just want to try gank me. I'm going to not be wearing my PVP armor so I'll be a relatively easy kill. (Given that others won't murder your ass afterwards) But hopefully it'll be without any such necessities.

If you desire to join me then please, do so. Nobody will be overlooked or ignored. The only limitation is the amount of gifts I am capable of handing out.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Broken the 560 mark. My goal was set at 500.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:58 am

Packaging has now started.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by NicholasBullard (Taph) Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:52 am

Coppersocket, I'd like to express my admiration for this project. It's heartwarming for a random guy on the internet to see another random guy put this much selfless effort into making all our lives a little bit better. Smile  thank you.
NicholasBullard (Taph)
NicholasBullard (Taph)

Character sheet
Name: Taph Gibson
Title: Captain of the Gilneas Platoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I got plans for the future, but we'll see if anything comes of it.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:37 pm

The 600 milestone has been reached.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:41 pm

TACO IS STILL WAITING COPPER, I EXPECT ATLEAST A SKY GOLEM
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:50 pm

I'd deliberately give you a piece of coal, but I can't wrap coal.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:03 pm

I was actually pretty wow'ed when I read this thread, really nice of you to put the time aside for this Copper. Really well done. Smile
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:56 am

The easiest and best way to support the initiative currently, is to help me bring awareness to it. I don't need anyone sending me any more gifts as I'm drowning in them.

Thanks for the kind words.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:43 am

Dawh, not accepting any more gifts? I was going to send one or two to you today :-(
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:49 pm

I'll still take them, I just don't need them.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:36 am

So, change of plans. My father called me yesterday, apparently his schedule for the 23th is too hectic, so we pushed it to the 25th. This means that I won't be able to hand out gifts for a few hours during the 25th. I'm not sure around what timeframe however, perhaps around 12-15? 12-18? I'm not sure.

While I want to give out gifts, it's only natural that I should prioritize family over this. That means however, that I'll try make up a few of those hours Tomorrow. I've been in Ironforge every day sporadically during winter veil, but tomorrow I'll try be there most of the second half of the day.

I apologize if this causes any inconvenience for anyone, but I'll likely be giving out gifts for more than these two days. I'll be around as long as it takes to hand out every gift.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:07 am

I've set up a schedule when I'll very likely be around.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Does it have to be on Christmas day?! Sad

My computer remains off most of the day.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:05 pm

It spans over a few days. Depending on how long the storage lasts. But the reasoning for Why it was decided on the 25th is written in the main post. I realize that's a inconvenience for some, but that's also sort of the point. It's mainly aimed at those without any relatives or such.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:01 pm

25th will be the last day I'll take gifts. After that I'm sending anything sent to me, back to sender.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Wrapping up day 1. 88 Gifts given out so far!

"Only" 574 gifts left!
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:41 am

A little more than half of the current gifts have been given away. THis is the last day to send me gifts, if you wish to have them given away.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:15 am

So. I decided to wrap things up in a bit of a cheap way, but in a way to possibly make someone a bit of money (I'm not trying to gain anything from this): I put all 59 items that were left on a 1copper bid, with a 48 hour duration. If anyone feels like trying their luck with these items, feel free to check the AH.

Given that the auction house is connected cross-faction, this is a way for me to possibly give some hordies a few cheap items to vendor or something.

If I somehow were to make profits out of this, I'll search up and throw that money on a new player.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down