Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gift.

2 posters

Go down

The Gift. Empty The Gift.

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:15 am

"...I am going to break your legs." Ferbian calmly announced as he glares at the woman in front of him; his back lent against the base of the stairwell wall, behind the cathedral. Since he met the woman earlier, bombarding her with his usual stream of unpleasantness and insults, he'd noticed how unearthly the hue of her eyes were. They were pale green and almost seemed to pulsate like a heartbeat, flaring up with her emotions. Even now, they flare up ever so slightly as she says "rough too, I'm going to enjoy this," her lips curled into a wicked smile.

The late night and early morning adds a slight chill to the air, the metal of his armour leaving a cold feeling against his skin. The city is quiet at this hour, all that can be heard is the soft hum of the morning crickets coming from the greenery found in the nearby graveyard.

Ferbian continues to watch the woman for a few moments longer trying to work out if she is overconfident or just stupid. She'd shown him earlier that she could breathe fire but Ferbian had merely shrugged it off as a party trick. Something she'd conjured up to impress him or something, after he'd spent twenty minutes solidly insulting her and everything he found out about her. Although he still didn't know her name.  
All he knew was that she had a very thick, posh Gilnean accent. She spoke well and had a decent vocabulary, so she must have been educated and for some reason she had a Scythe on her back, which was probably for farming or something. Although that didn't add up with the rest of her. Her long black hair flowed over her shoulders shaping her olive skinned face. The woman clearly had an affinity of some sort to magic, but from the twenty minutes of interaction with her that he'd had the displeasure of having, she was clearly some kind of fool.

The woman pulls the scythe on her back out of it's straps and holds it in her hands, bouncing it slightly to test it's weight. Her eyes lift up from off of the weapon and met his, "you wished for a fight, so let's fight." Cheers ring out from the two drunken sailors who'd stumbled up from the docks earlier and rudely interrupted his tremendous flow of insults, they'd decided to hang around and watch the scene; Rappi the chubby Gnome and Christopher Remmington. Ferbian tries his best to hide his disdain of their presence, he'd hate for them to realise he'd gone as far as acknowledging their existences.

The woman lifts the scythe above her head, twirling it in a showy flourish, she finishes the motion swinging the hilt behind herself with her right hand, the blade etching itself across the pavement. She lifts her left arm, gesturing him to come forwards. As he watches, she cheekily winks at him, but he refuses to let that provoke him, since she is yet to make any sharp, sudden movements.

Ferbian calmly and carefully pushes himself off of the wall, picking up his mace with his right hand in the process. He takes a few steps towards her. His eyes never leave hers as he treads forward. He stops four paces in front of her, placing the blunt side of his mace on the floor, keeping a firm grip on the handle.

The two of them stand dead still, holding their poses. Eyes locked onto each other, trying to see who will give in and make the first move. Ferbian studies her intently as her eerie eyes pulsate with their green glow, hue. He'll ask about them later after he knocks her out.
The two drunken sailors burst into a newly found fit of giggling within the depths of the silence, unable to read the situation in their stupor. "I am feeling a lot of sexual tension here. Why don't you two just kiss and make up?" chuckled Rappi as he joking nudged Christopher.

Without warning Ferbian kicks out his mace, using the momentum to swing the hulking metal towards the woman's ribs. Within the same instant, her body mass expands, fur and claws rapidly sprout from her skin, her face contorts into a snout; in the same action, she surges towards Ferbian, grabbing the handle of his mace with her left hand to prevent the blow. She bumps him off balance and snarls into his face, “surprise,” she deviously exclaims.

Ferbian blinks away the shock of the small woman transforming before his very eyes, he underestimated her once, not planning to do it again, he takes no chances and tries to snatch his mace back in an attempt to end this quickly but the woman's newly gained worgan strength tears the weapon out of his hand and throws it away, it slides across the ground towards the two drunks. They both look down in unison at the weapon, yelp and flee behind the wall to avoid getting caught up in the brawl.

Ferbian turns to her, putting all his weight into an elbow strike to her stomach, causing her torso to contract due to the armoured blow, she yelps out. But something is wrong, suddenly Ferbian realises he's beginning to sweat slightly, not due to overexertion but due to the body heat suddenly extruding from the woman in front of him. In an instant her whole body lights up in flame, Ferbian rapidly staggers back to avoid being burnt. These flames were nothing like the party trick she showed him earlier, this fire was searing, vengeful. He could almost feel the malice smoking from it’s embers. Ferbian turns and scrambles towards his mace in an attempt at rearming himself again.
But as he does so, she redirects her flames, moving them into her arms. She punches the air towards Ferbian, sending two angry fireballs hurtling towards him. The first flame narrowly missing him but the second catches him in the stomach just as he bends, trying to scoop up his mace. The flames almost instantaneously incinerate his tabard. In a frantic panic, Ferbian hastily tears it from his chest.

As he looks up from ripping off the tabard he notices the woman butterfly kick and send a wall of flame rushing towards him, filling him for the first time in a long while, true terror.

As he watches this ghastly scene, time itself seems to slow down around him as the flight or flight senses within him kick into overdrive.Adrenaline begins to course throughout his body. His eyes flare with rage and he surges forward, covering his face as he ignores the fire. As he jumps through the wall of flame, he takes the woman completely by off guard.
He tackles her to the ground but she doesn't struggle. Instead she seems to manically cackle as they tumble down.

The woman slams her back on the pavement, reverting back into her human form as he lays atop her, weighing her down with his armour and keeping her in place. “Are you sure you want to be this close to me?” she teases but none of her words register to Ferbian in his adrenaline fueled state. She begins to countdown, “3...2…”
Ferbian blinks back the cloud within his mind preventing him from thinking clearly just as she leans into him and whispers “...1.”

Ferbians eyes widen as he realises his mistake.
The woman leans all the way up to him, merely kissing him on the cheek. He frowns at her for a moment, slightly taken aback by the surprise gesture. But as she pulls her head back he gasps as he sees a trail of  sinister, dark purples shadows wisping from out of her mouth and leading to where she kissed him.

Ferbian gasps, pulling back in horror as the kiss on his cheek burns into his soul, causing his whole body to contort in pain. His body and mind begin to spasm due to the high volumes of pain. Ferbian feels the cursed kiss etch its way into his soul, as whispers from voices that aren't his own, fill his head. The woman snickers as she pushes herself off of the ground, brushing the dust from the floor, off of her as as she does so.
“Wait what, that guy just got beaten by a girl!” Rappi chortles as he and Christopher appear from their almost forgotten hiding spot.
The woman clicks her fingers causing Ferbian's suffering to halt the curse mark's tormenting power.
He stares up into the sky, distraught and broken.
He had completely underestimated this woman and paid the price...but what was the cost of this price?
With great difficulty he rolls onto his chest and pushes himself to his knees. Trying to catch his breath as beads of sweat drip from his brow.

"Can you believe that Christopher? By a girl!" exclaims Rappi again.
She clears her throat and stares the Gnome down, shadows still oozing from her mouth.
"What's coming out of your mouth miss? Oh, what have I taken?"
"You shall not laugh at him, he has fought with honour and lost to me. I am not a mere girl. I am a woman. Do I make myself clear?"
Rappi gulps, laughing nervously with "beaten by a girl," before sprinting off into the distance. The woman turns coldly to the other sailor left behind, she strides up to him menacingly, "you shall not speak of this to anyone, because if you do..."
"I'll end up like him?"
She smiles softly, "good, you do understand. Run along now deary."
Christopher didn't need to be asked twice, he scampers off after his friend.

Ferbian, from the corner of his eye watches the woman stride triumphantly towards her prize and looks down at him. Ferbian's eyes widen in fear, he cannot bring himself to look up at her. "What are you...?"
"Me, I am but a mere weak little woman, isn't that right?"
"Those eyes...they weren't just a party trick they were..."
She grabs his chin and gently lifts his head up at her, like he had done to her moments earlier when hurtling abuse at her.

Their eyes meet.

"Hush now dear, because you are going to listen to me and listen well. You belong to me now, do you understand?"
Ferbian begins to hear tormenting whispers within his mind again, they scream and rage. They threaten to drown out the world around him, only the sound of the woman's voice seems to drown them out.
He gulps, "Yes miss,"
"No, no, no, that won't do. My name is Arabella Greene, but you are to call me Bella. We have appearances to uphold you see. You're going to continue living your horrible life and I shall keep on living mine but know this, I'll always know where you'll be, so if I call you, you come. Do you understand?"
"But how will I know?
"Oh you'll know m'dear."
Arabella let's go of his chin and stands up tall.
"Oh, you and I are going to become the best of friends..."
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

The Gift. Empty Re: The Gift.

Post by Nexiax Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Nice story. Arabella being badass as per usual.
Nexiax
Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Gift. Empty Re: The Gift.

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:10 pm

B'awww cheers. :3
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet