Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Second Swords

+12
siegmund
Bradley
Adry
Robin Drake
Reynar / Raviran
Rend.
Drustai
Zinkle Figgins
erwtenpeller
Garrett
Officer High Morale
Axebane
16 posters

Go down

[A] The Second Swords Empty [A] The Second Swords

Post by Axebane Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:27 pm

There would have been rumors going around the city of Stormwind suggesting that the Blackbrew Mercenaries are no more and that the former members have now broken the chains from their past leader and that they now have risen from the ashes of Blackbrew, calling themselves
The Second Swords

Who are The Second Swords?
We are the mercenaries rising from the ashes of the Blackbrew, we are the ones that had enough. The Second Swords are a bunch of proffesional soldiers who's always looking for work, but a lot have changed, they do not take every contract that is offered to them. They are aiming more towards the legal type of work and not so much the thuggish type of work. They will no longer accept work that involves them losing reputation, jobs like:

- Beating up a civilian within the walls of Stormwind
- Killing innocents
- Dealing drugs within the walls of Stormwind

In short, the Swords will accept almost any type of work as long as it doesn't ruin their reputation. The Swords will be there acting as a second option when the guards are not acting. Say you got robbed, maybe the guards have too much on their hands. That's why we are here.

''But my character loves killing innocents, causing trouble with the guards and doing drugs openly!''
Well... Whatever you do with your tabard off and well disguised is none of the Captains concerns. The moment it does effect The Swords reputation, you are however gonna face some problems.

''So you're a bunch of sissies?''
Heh... No. We are however Mercernaries who value our reputation and we do not want to be treated as a bunch of Criminals.

''Will there be events?''
Oh yes! Plenty of them too! We are currently working on our relations with other guilds around the Stormwind area in order to create events!

''It all sounds pretty great! How do I join?''
Whisper a Captain for an invite and also so that you two could discuss the meeting IC. If you prefer keeping it 100% IC I'd suggest you go to the Blue Recluse in the Mage District! That's where they usually hang out.

Here are the ranks:

Captain - There will be three Captains who's in charge of their own squad.
Speaker - The Speaker will run the politics for The Swords. He will act as a ambassador, lawyer and politician when the time comes.
Advisor - There will be one Advisor for every squad. The Advisor will act as the second in command and be in charge of her squad when the Captain is not around. The Captain must always speak with her Advisor before taking big decisions.
Veteran - You will recieve the rank of Veteran whenever your Captain sees fit. If you've done something major to help The Swords or been with them for a long time, you are most likely gonna recieve this rank.
Member - Member is the rank you recieve when your Captain sees fit. Member means you can finally call yourself a Sword!
Rookie - Rookie is the rank you'll recieve upon joining The Swords.
OOC - OOC is the rank for OOC members.

There are three squads within The Swords, each squad got their own Captain and Advisor who they always should listen to.

The Wreckers
The Wreckers are the core strength of The Swords. They are usually heavy armored and have a passion for smashing things! They is a saying within The Swords going ''If you can smash a rock with your head, you're probably a Wrecker''. The Captain of The Wreckers is Timothy ''Brick'' Orka.

The Maids
You know your way around a fireball? Know how to conjoure food? Do you know how to turn your worst enemies into furry little pandas? Then welcome to The Maids! The Maids are the magic users of The Sword and their Captain is Lannael Ven'Renn. Don't like the name of the squad? Take it up with our elf in heels.

The Seekers
The Seekers are the brain and wits of The Swords. They are usually the agile ones of The Swords, creeping around in the shadows and picking your pockets. The Captain of The Seekers is Elizabeth Hex.

See you all in-game! <3
Axebane
Axebane

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Second Swords Empty Re: [A] The Second Swords

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:43 pm

So you're more of a higher moral kind of mercenary guild, I wonder when I last saw that. I feel as though the Speaker rank is kinda worthless and should be replaced with something else or just removed, but that's just my opinion. I wish you best of luck with this one, it seems really interesting. ^^

sissies

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Best of luck.
Garrett
Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:45 am

I like it, interesting rank structure. It's a fun idea to have political "speakers" for your guild, and I like that it's structure looks like it's been created by characters, not players, if you know what I mean.

Have fun, you guys. Now that's you're not bad guys, I'm sure the Band of the Brave will want to work with you. Wink

Last edited by erwtenpeller on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:00 am

Brick you didn't mention PVP, do you guys plan to be hired to fight the Horde as well?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:05 am

Mercenaries more on the proper side of the law? Sounds great!
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am

Bradley wrote:
Brick wrote:[center][b]There would have been rumors going around the city of Stormwind suggesting that the Blackbrew Mercenaries are no more

Unless this is confirmed by the respective officers you should get rid of this asap

I don't much fancy the concept, seems a tad boring honestly but yknow, good luck anyhow fellas

Brad does make a valid point, but it's not really all too big of a deal at this point.

The recent turn of events was the killing blow to what was already a dying guild. Zero hard feelings from me, best of luck to the new Merc group!
Rend.
Rend.

Character sheet
Name: Rend
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:43 am

Rumour has it...that the Company welcomes every scum of society that fell off the Seconds Sons---*Cough* Swords bandwagon...

Rend I'm looking at you.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:
Rumour has it...that the Company welcomes every scum of society that fell off the Seconds Sons---*Cough* Swords bandwagon...

Rend I'm looking at you.

Haha don't tempt me Ray!

What I -will- say though is that it was cheeky to go ahead and just occupy the Recluse without saying anything first.

Your assumption that the Brews were definitely 100% gone and would no longer be using it could have lead to OOC drama. It's just polite and courteous if nothing else, but what's done is done. You fucking rascals.
Rend.
Rend.

Character sheet
Name: Rend
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Mercenary - primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.

So since they will not put money over ethics.. they are not mercenaries right? They are just Blazing Shields for hire! If you need somebody to find -Your- lost kitten then you now have a place to go!
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Mantis Reid wrote:Mercenary - primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.
That doesn't have to be the case. You can fight for coin and have a sense of ethics. The two are not mutually exclusive.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Mantis Reid wrote:Well, go tell the English dictionary that. Those crafty cunts.

Nothing in any dictionary says, "mercenaries are only concerned with making money at the expense of ethics."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They can be ethical or not, what matters is that they view themselves as a professional fighting force, in the business of warfare, that contracts itself to nations or organizations as a job rather than out of any patriotic or national duty. And like any business, they can either be ethical or unethical; for the purpose of making money there are positives and negatives to both. As an example, a mercenary unit that is known for murdering innocents or performing other unethical actions makes the contracting nation look bad (see modern day complaints about PMCs). This will likely limit that company's employment options. On the other hand, a company known for being willing to do 'anything' might get offered contracts that a more ethical company would not (or would turn down).

Either way, the point is, mercenaries are combatants that hire themselves out to an organization for money. Whether they are ethical or not depends on the nature of the company and the terms of the contracts negotiated with their employers.

Last edited by Drustai on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Mantis Reid wrote:Mercenary - primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.

So since they will not put money over ethics.. they are not mercenaries right? They are just Blazing Shields for hire! If you need somebody to find -Your- lost kitten then you now have a place to go!
adjective
working or acting merely for money or other reward; venal.
hired to serve in a foreign army, guerrilla organization, etc.

noun, plural mercenaries.
a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
any hireling.

The term mercenary does not in itself imply anything remotely criminal, and to believe so would be a mistake. People often RP quote-un-quote mercenaries as brutal, callous criminals when that shouldn't be the case.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Adry wrote:when that shouldn't be the case.

That's up to the mercs' though.

I think the actual point of this discussion is the fact that the Second Son-.. Second Swords disbanded themselves from the Blackbrews in an attempt to make themselves lawful, though as some of us have been trying to point out; They are still criminals due to their past crimes.
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Bradley wrote:That's up to the mercs' though.

I think the actual point of this discussion is the fact that the Second Son-.. Second Swords disbanded themselves from the Blackbrews in an attempt to make themselves lawful, though as some of us have been trying to point out; They are still criminals due to their past crimes.

There's nothing wrong with attempting to change their image, and they shouldn't be discredited for it.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:31 pm

LINK ALL THE LINKS ALL, GET OUT YOUR DICKTIONARIES.

*cough* Anyway it should be interesting where the group goes but one thing to keep in mind is that bad rep doesn't go away thanks to some friendships easily.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Adry wrote:There's nothing wrong with attempting to change their image, and they shouldn't be discredited for it.

No. You're right. They're not being discredited for making a genuine effort to appear more lawful. They're being discredited for the reason they chose to do so, and how they handled the situation.
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Bradley wrote:
Adry wrote:There's nothing wrong with attempting to change their image, and they shouldn't be discredited for it.

No. You're right. They're not being discredited for making a genuine effort to appear more lawful. They're being discredited for the reason they chose to do so, and how they handled the situation.  

Your argument rests on the assumption that they're claiming that none of their characters' past crimes exist because they hopped guilds. Is this actually a claim they've made?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:41 pm

I am interested in hiring your services!

How do I go about this in game?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Axebane Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Thelos wrote:I am interested in hiring your services!

How do I go about this in game?

The Swords would usually be around The Blue Recluse in the Mage District! Smile
Thanks for combo-breaking the hate <3
Axebane
Axebane

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:46 pm

All right. I will look for you tonight, perhaps, or some other night.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:49 am

I'll leave this here as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Garrett
Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexiax Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:19 am

Good luck with this.

Last edited by Nexiax on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nexiax
Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Right, that's the clean up done. I apologise for how much was removed, but unfortunately a lot of people were having their own mini-discussions about things unrelated to the guild, as well as the general battle that was going on.

Let's keep this thread for recruitment and advertisement now please. If you want to discuss what was removed from the thread, make a separate post or discuss it in-game.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ledgic on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clean up complete.)
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 pm

The guild is still up and running, and recruiting as well. Don't be shy to come on knocking for interviews. We're currently hanging out at the Lady mostly.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down