Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for.. well, alot of things...

+9
Littlepip
erwtenpeller
Feral / Blackfall
Vaell
Officer High Morale
Lea
Charlie Blazesong
Sanara
Eldiros
13 posters

Go down

looking for.. well, alot of things... Empty looking for.. well, alot of things...

Post by Eldiros Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:17 am

Hello there, good people of the forum!

As many know already, (because I spontaniously cannot shut up about it), I am seeking to create a very varried atmosphere in roles for my Guild, being mostly a consistency of different mage faction kept together under one leadership and order, I Would very much ask if anybody would find it interesting to obtain the following roles:

An Alchemist, an Atrologist, historian or any other not-neccessarily a complete mage role:
we pretty much would like to extend the Academy to also teach alchemy, have an Astrology section, etc..

A Lieutenant Warden (yes, I need a new one again, im just on my third!)
The wardens would be what composes a bodyguard for the Council of Mages and the Archmage of the Order. While they would not exactly be a city guard, they would still protect the interests of the Academy. We've had several attempts in the past to organize this particular Group, which has been a failure resulting in complete disorder because none of our wardens could actually be bothered with logging their characters once in a while, or they just quit because of IRL reasons. Anyways, both the roles of wardens and the lieutenant role would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, these roles are all properly requested with the fact in mind that we greatly want to have characters that could be able to hold teachings in their respective subjects while playing them, as it is an Academy (not the wardens though), hence other subjects are requested to create an atmosphere. Any relevant teacher role would do nicely. (academical subjects,
mind you...)
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

looking for.. well, alot of things... Empty Re: looking for.. well, alot of things...

Post by Sanara Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:22 am

Eldiros wrote:A Lieutenant Warden (yes, I need a new one again, im just on my third!)

This is getting kind of like a "Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher" thing, isn't it?
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

looking for.. well, alot of things... Empty Re: looking for.. well, alot of things...

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:24 am

Charlie could be persuaded to become a history lecturer should you want. Wouldnt leave the Braves ofcourse so he'd be pretty hard to get to when out on expeditions though. And impossible to get to during WoD due to the plans for the guild. He is a mage however and can teleport should he have a lesson while out in the field. He has been known to delve in archaeology and he discovered his passion for history when he was very young and is quite knowledgeble on the subject.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:26 am

More like a bodyguard, and not a teacher..
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:28 am

I Think then that Charlie would benefit by being like a journeyman of the Guild! a wandering mage whose allegiance could go to the order, but who only makes brief visits to the Academy when he requires its libraries in any case, in Exchange for spontanious summoning to pay some sort of Guild dues and see if there is something that the council of mages wants him to do, as well as to teach. This agreement is like membership but does not make you leave the Braves. However, it sort of limits a higher career in the future inside the Academy. This could very well be arranged..
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:42 am

Eldiros wrote:
The wardens would be what composes a bodyguard for the Council of Mages and the Archmage of the Order. While they would not exactly be a city guard, they would still protect the interests of the Academy.

Look, my honest opininon is.. why do mages need to be protected? They are pretty darn powerful to say the least..
I know you want to make it a diverse place with lots of roles available, but maybe you should narrow it down.. to much variation makes people really unsure and they want something stable and set in stone. As for the whole warden thing, if anyone wants to conduct the role of being a protector and such, they would join the Stormwind Regiment or the Blazing Shields, because that is basically what you are asking for.. Guards.. that dont guard the streets?

Im not spreading hatred or anything, just advice.. I dont really think the whole warden thing would get too far... and I think that has been proven by the recent loss of the warden force of just four people.

As a guild concept I would just FOCUS on getting mages in the guild and becoming a teaching academy, and then once that is established with people regularly online, branch out to the wardens.. because right now I know there are so many people who would want to be taught how to become a mage, or instruct on their mage etc etc.. your concept is too varied and I think you stress yourself out with the overall workload.

I also took a break from my guild because it was super stressful and then we decided to just focus on one core subject and then we got more people in, and really - its a lot better now.. it doesn't stress me out as much.. I know how hard running a guild is, so take my advice and hopefully progress your guild; because you are doing a good job thus far.
Lea
Lea

Character sheet
Name: Lea Parker
Title: The Girl of a Thousand Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Saraya wrote:
Eldiros wrote:
The wardens would be what composes a bodyguard for the Council of Mages and the Archmage of the Order. While they would not exactly be a city guard, they would still protect the interests of the Academy.

Look, my honest opininon is.. why do mages need to be protected?

Novice. Mages. In battle they are like trash, grabbed and thrown away. Can't do shit. As for the teachers, they can ofc protect, but the wardens also protect the cells of Acrenor as well as the whole keep.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Eldiros wrote:I Think then that Charlie would benefit by being like a journeyman of the Guild! a wandering mage whose allegiance could go to the order, but who only makes brief visits to the Academy when he requires its libraries in any case, in Exchange for spontanious summoning to pay some sort of Guild dues and see if there is something that the council of mages wants him to do, as well as to teach. This agreement is like membership but does not make you leave the Braves. However, it sort of limits a higher career in the future inside the Academy. This could very well be arranged..

Charlie likes to be free though, he doesnt like to be held down but yeah. Could arrange something like that.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Saraya, the biggest hub of Magi has Wardens which protect the city so your logic sort of falls flat there! Magi can easily be countered. They're arrogant, some stupid, but most are wise and cunning. Wardens of Dalaran are trained to use swords & shields and trained to battle without magic along with being able to shut down magic users.

They're one of the coolest sides of magic rp imo
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 am

Pretty much what Vaell said, yeah, the magi groups in lore always have physical guardians to back them up. It'd be like charging an orc battalion without any physical protection--stupid! Any mage with a ward and a blade could take out another mage in a heartbeat without a bodyguard to protect them.

...Basically I think he's "LF IC TANK FOR RP."
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:04 am

Feral / Blackfall wrote:"LF IC TANK FOR RP."
Perfect explanation. Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:05 am

that's actually kind of true...
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:44 am

Vaell wrote:Saraya, the biggest hub of Magi has Wardens which protect the city so your logic sort of falls flat there! Magi can easily be countered. They're arrogant, some stupid, but most are wise and cunning. Wardens of Dalaran are trained to use swords & shields and trained to battle without magic along with being able to shut down magic users.

They're one of the coolest sides of magic rp imo

Okay, I get that but what I mean is why does he need wardens for the city? There are already enough guard guilds and the likes.. I would have just focused on the mages.. Obviously yes.. wardens for your tower thing in Karazhan but not that work in the city? We have the Blazing Shields and the Stormwind Regiment for that, I believe thats why you were declined guard rights.. there are just too many.. we dont need another.

SO I guess what I'm basically saying is, by all means get your wardens in your tower.. but don't try and make them active guards in Stormwind, and maybe focus on the whole academy of teaching mages before you decide to recruit wardens because people who wanna do that shit are most likely to go to the guard guilds already established if you know what I mean?
Lea
Lea

Character sheet
Name: Lea Parker
Title: The Girl of a Thousand Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Sara.

Eldiros wrote:Hello there, good people of the forum!
A Lieutenant Warden (yes, I need a new one again, im just on my third!)
The wardens would be what composes a bodyguard for the Council of Mages and the Archmage of the Order. While they would not exactly be a city guard, they would still protect the interests of the Academy. We've had several attempts in the past to organize

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 pm

any grizzled old teachers and ambitious sellswords are most welcome!
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu May 15, 2014 1:10 am

I found this amazing place right beneath Karazahn! I'm sure it is useful for something.

I might send Bavragor to check out the job for Warden, however beware of his spite for mages! xD
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu May 15, 2014 1:45 am

Did you notice how you can't get into that crypt without exploiting? The crypt's been there since vanilla, they sealed it off at some point (presumably because of the upside down sinners in there. That stuff is ominous as shit. Even more than the satan kids in Goldshire). There's a milion ways to exploit your way in there, still, and once you get inside you'll be in a huuuuuuuuuge crypt full of exactly nothing. There's nothing down there aside from walls and the room of the upside down sinners.

But yes, well, I'd find it in poor taste to launch an RP plot that requires all participants to exploit their way into an area that Blizzard sealed off with the intent of keeping players out of it.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu May 15, 2014 12:02 pm

All you need is a warlock and two guys. (I think)
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Thu May 15, 2014 12:43 pm

I looked into it a while ago, the reason the place was sealed off was because it'd raise the age rating too high (Like erwt said, some extreme creepiness). Shame, considering it's such a sprawling, atmospheric area.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu May 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Kittrina wrote:I looked into it a while ago, the reason the place was sealed off was because it'd raise the age rating too high (Like erwt said, some extreme creepiness). Shame, considering it's such a sprawling, atmospheric area.
No, this has been dismissed by Blizzard. That is not the case.
The fact to the matter is, Blizzard just didn't have any use for it so it was left abandoned. They never explained why it's blocked off tho, but it's safe to say it has nothing to do with ratings.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu May 15, 2014 2:29 pm

I mean you see orcs on spikes in Redridge, Humans planted as plants in Hillsbrad and other various stuff around do darker colors make it any worse? I'd be on copper with this.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down