Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLOSED[A] Looking for a Guild headquaters in Stormwind..

+9
Rargnasha
Officer High Morale
Paia/Jenit
Cid
erwtenpeller
siegmund
Allonia_Miral
Skarain
Eldiros
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CLOSED[A] Looking for a Guild headquaters in Stormwind.. Empty CLOSED[A] Looking for a Guild headquaters in Stormwind..

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:57 am

Hello, good people of the forum.

As some of you may know among those who know of the existence of my Guild, the Ordo Arcana, we are stationed at a fictional Place using the zone of Karazhan to represent our headquarters. However, since we are a Stormwind-based Guild, we thought it best to have an office in a stormwind fascility as well, also with the consideration that Karazhan can only host 10 pleyers at a time. The karazhan zone will be our headquarters whatever happens, but for conveniance as well as for easy Communication with other Guilds, the idea of an additional HQ in Stormwind is being considered officially. So far we've been using the mage Tower, however, as that cannot possibly feature as the order's -own- property within reason, I though I'd just ask out loud here for suggestions of other library-based building's befitting an office of a wizard's Academy.

Elder Fabulous Approves of this message

Last edited by Eldiros on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

CLOSED[A] Looking for a Guild headquaters in Stormwind.. Empty Re: CLOSED[A] Looking for a Guild headquaters in Stormwind..

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:08 am

Note: Its a -secretive- wizard's Academy as well. supposed to have a mysterious Outlook, even though we are not the bad guys...
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

CLOSED[A] Looking for a Guild headquaters in Stormwind.. Empty Re: CLOSED[A] Looking for a Guild headquaters in Stormwind..

Post by Skarain Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:11 am

Does the Freelancers still use the canalside library next to Inscription trainer and on the other side of the road of the Stockades?

There is also two buildings right below Mage Tower. One is Reagent vendor and other sells Cloth armor. They both have 2 entrances.

There is also Ancient Curios, a reagent shop on the alley between The Slaughtered Lamp and Mage Tower.

There is a building in Dwarven District, next to Deeprun Tram with two floors. I do not know who, if anyone make use of the building at the moment.

Cathedral Square canalside have Ol' Emmas house. To my knowledge Alliance Intelligency make use of it since their main HQ recently got blown up. You can discuss about sharing until they move back where they were?

Just a few suggestions. Mage Tower and it surroundings is the most logical place to see for Mages, so my tip would to stick to those. However, do you absolutely need to own property? Can just say that you are renting space from the Mage Tower, or just tend to hang around The Blue Recluse (like a student would around an internet cafe these days).
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:21 am

The best Place would indeed be the Mage Tower in SW or the Freelancer HQ. However, as the freelancer HQ is taken, we currently stick to the Mage Tower. However, being of its secretive nature, the Ordo Arcana would likely want to have places with more restriction to them than public areas, even though the mage Tower is awesome.

Concerning other Buildings such as shops and the like, there are a handful of them that would actually be more than acceptable for us, though we thought to rather wait and see if anything better turns out. We would hang around at many places and host lessons from the mage Tower to even the Stormiwnd Library or the Cathedral (if allowed) for an example.

Though what we merely are looking for is an office at the moment with an atmosphere beffiting a Place with study material for basic lore and an area for signing up members. The Place would have to include a library still, being a sort of mage school. Our main base is not a problem, as it is an actual Academy with a zone thats maybe larger than Stormwind itself. this is only like a starter area and a Place for Communication with the city we serve  Very Happy 

Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:23 am

We still use it yeah.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:34 am

I'll agree with Skarain.

Far as Freelancers goes we still are using the place as rented to avoid "owning" near the canals so i've always seen the posibility of having to share or something. Mainly to group up and gather and downtime there mainly.

Far as the Ancient Curios i used it in the past a bit as a shop, might again but in the end a lot of people seem to use it on and off, from least what i've seen sometimes so it doesn't really matter, I used  the alias "Polymorphed" for the shop anyway when i was selling things there.

Can't say too sure about other places.

Its a -secretive- wizard's Academy as well.

but for conveniance as well as for easy Communication with other Guilds, the idea of an additional HQ in Stormwind is being considered officially.

Those two sound a bit contradictive then. But if you're just looking for an office it doesn't have to be secrative, plus SW isn't really the best place to keep hidden for secrative things.

Anyway usually your best bet is to really adapt and not try to own if you already want a sort of place of your own in SW.

But as Skarain said the Blue reclouse and random building renting for hanging out wouldn't be bad.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:39 am

You are mages.
Use the mage tower.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Use the mage tower in Elwynn Forest (Tower of Azora or something like that). Close enough to SW without it being too public as well, only takes a few minutes to ride into SW or out to the tower. Plus it has a bunch of mage NPCs too if I'm not mistaken.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:13 pm

We are for now using the mage Tower, and with good reason too. If the freelancers would be willing to maybe rent space for the Ordo arcana as well, we could make an IC deal (though I would never like to just barge in to interfere, small building for 2 Guilds), otherwise, we'll probably just stick to the mage Tower as planned apart from Acrenor (karazhan zone OOCly)
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:14 pm

though a Place of operations where not every dude in the World can just eavsedrop and barge into the wizard's affairs would be nice, a complication with the mage Tower.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Eldiros wrote:though a Place of operations where not every dude in the World can just eavsedrop and barge into the wizard's affairs would be nice, a complication with the mage Tower.

But eavesdropping is one of my class features.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:20 pm

I agree with Cid. The Tower of Azora is also nicely calm yet still close to SW.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Paia/Jenit wrote:
Eldiros wrote:though a Place of operations where not every dude in the World can just eavsedrop and barge into the wizard's affairs would be nice, a complication with the mage Tower.

But eavesdropping is one of my class features.

Best keep it out of SW then, the safest bet.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:42 pm

There's also a Mage tower in Redridge that has been closed off with a magic barrier (Which requires a quest to unlock) I reckon that would be a pretty nice hide-out, too!

While it may be annoying to have questers drop by now and then, then it might also introduce players to RP, imagien the surprise when you go to meet some old wizard, and you then find his tower full of grumbling mages shooting you glares of (arcane) death!
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 pm

If Ordo Arcana arent going to use the mage tower in Redridge it would be an awesome place for the Braves to base their magi Very Happy
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm popping in to cast my vote for the Tower of Azora as well. I love the classic mage tower interior design with the winding stairs and catwalks, and aside from being easy to reach but still decently out of the way, it also has Tinker Town music. The old vanilla Tinker Town music that's kinda creepy and unsettling, even!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Charlie Blazesong wrote:If Ordo Arcana arent going to use the mage tower in Redridge it would be an awesome place for the Braves to base their magi Very Happy
We won't make the move to Redridge for at least another month, and once we're there I would rather encourage people to come share our space then tell them to go away because it's "ours".  affraid 
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Just so the tower wouldnt be empty is what I mean, we'd have cleaning up to do and stuff! Cleaning up an old tower event! Complete with dustmonsters! brilliant!
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:40 pm

The Ordo arcana isn't massive, is it?

The Freelancers aren't too big between events either, so sharing would probably not be an issue. There are multiple small buildings there as well. So more sharing could be fun, I'd wager. Not to mention having access to magi after retrieving dangerous loot on expeditions.

If nothing else a place like that could be a recruitment office.

Tower of Azora, Karazhan and the Deeprun trams (for the really shady stuff) could be used for secretive business. The Brawl Pub is neat for shady dealings.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:27 pm

YES! this is how we would do:

The Ordo Arcana's main headquarters will Always be the Library-fortress of Acrenor, located in Deadwind Pass (we'll use the zone for karazhan to represent it). However, though few in numbers, we'll be having some sort of recruitment office in either the mage Tower of STormwind, or by the freelancers (if you guys will have us  Smile ). Even though we are not an overly large Guild, I would still consider it of formidable size with the fact that it is a Guild for mages. Furthermore, apart from the various hideouts and offices in Stormwind, the actual HQ in Deadwind Pass, we'll probably host various Towers like that of Azora and Redridge, mostly to also add to the atmosphere of many other roleplayers by actually inhabitating the Towers. Though again, we dont really have the man-Power to sustain an operation of that size, but we can use the Towers as temporary bases everytime we are inthe specific places. The Ordo Arcana will mainly be found at Deadwind Pass, hopefully the freelancer HQ (again, only if we are allowed to), and the mage Tower like other mages...
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Is it alright for us to use the Freelancer HQ? this question is for Siegmund and other freelancers mostly then.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:26 pm

I'll just mark this one as closed then. thanks for your responses, guys!!!  Very Happy 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Skarain wrote: Cathedral Square canalside have Ol' Emmas house. To my knowledge Alliance Intelligency make use of it since their main HQ recently got blown up. You can discuss about sharing until they move back where they were?

This is actually Damon and Iriels house, allthough we were trying to secure it as a HQ.
Lea
Lea

Character sheet
Name: Lea Parker
Title: The Girl of a Thousand Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Lots of people use Ol' Emmas house think some use it as the Drenai embasy or something, everyone wants it.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Ol' Emma must be furious.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next