Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As time move, so will people.

+2
Amaryl
Littlepip
6 posters

Go down

As time move, so will people. Empty As time move, so will people.

Post by Littlepip Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:16 pm

So the title might be a little unclear to everyone except the writer of this topic, what I'm talking about is the absence of some Moderators / OP's. One example is the library section and several other posts that has been deemed worthy to be given the title of.. Sticky.

Now since the moderators of these topics have moved on from the forums it means that we have to move on to and refresh the place a little bit and give it new moderators and topics that is uppdated now and then. One of the moderators that only logs on now and then is Cathee. (If your reading this right now Cathee I'm sorry it might sound rude or evil.) We need more active moderators and updated topics to be stickied.

Since Cathee seems to be away most of the time and is in control of many Stickied posts, including the library section I suggest we promote a new Moderator for the Library section.

I know some of this might sound cruel and horrible evil, but since I'm socially awkward and don't understand these petty feelings such as "Love" or "Compassion" I tend to look on these situations from a more _____ standpoint.. Sue me.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

As time move, so will people. Empty Re: As time move, so will people.

Post by Amaryl Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 am

Have you tried, PMing Cathee regarding your request? Bar the fact that your assumption of moderators is simply wrong.

I don't see how other topics need to be stickied in the library section though. Or if this thread is not about the library section, you're definately posting in the wrong place...

Additionally, having an additional moderator will impace nothing. Ledgic and Grufftooth and Melf euh Lavian, euh Clara dawson now are all active. but they don't have the ability to create and change sections of the forum (though they can sticky posts) that would be something reserved to administrators. I'm not sure if Ledgic is actually an administrator or not..

here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cathee even has her email available.

additionally this post should have been posted here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But as I said, if this is about your request for a change on your personal Library section, your best option is to PM Cathee and see if she has some time to change.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Thank you for your reply, I have no idea how this ended up in the library section as I remember actually posting it in the General chat.

Cathee even has her email available.

Something I didn't know at all, and I bet a few others doesn't know about it either.

additionally this post should have been posted here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Strange thing, that place always seems to skip my mind when I think about posting something. Like it isn't even there until someone sends me a message about that place existing.

Your best option is to PM Cathee and see if she has some time to change.

This isn't just about me alone, there are a few others that still haven't been payed attention to, and we shouldn't have to do anything, we should post something there, the Moderator looks over the place once in a while and does it. (Or not, depending on the request.)
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Then they can PM her too, sheesh.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Why PM her if she is never active, how does that help?

(( If you are active I'm sorry but its impossible to know that.))
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:03 am

By PMing her and seeing if she replies, obviously.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Thorvald wrote:Why PM her if she is never active, how does that help?

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

Right, I'm going to sound like a dick now, because there's no other way to do this.

Using the most basic of forum functions, you would have known where you should have posted a complaint/suggestion for the forum.
Using the most basic of forum functions you could have known that the last time Cathee posted was last wednesday (her profile is on hidden so you can't see her last visit)
Using the most basic forum functions you could have spend as much time PMing your request to Cathee, as it would have costed to make this thread and its subsequent responses.

But you chose the passive aggressive way, believing you'd actually reach the supposedly inactive moderator, by making a thread in the least visited and visible part of the forum, and even after recieving the best suggestion you can do, you say; Well - I shouldn't have to do anything! the moderators should just be at my fucking beck and call.

This has nothing to do with being socially awkward, this is about you, being a fucking spoiled brat, and I hope you recognize that people don't have to do shit for you. They do it because they want to, because people are being Nice when they do something, and you'd better remember that.

So go send Cathee a pm asking nicely if she could take some time to check out your library request, because just like the rest of us, she's busy and has more things to do than just deal with other's people's shit.

But you'll probably just make more effort to reply to this thread instead of trying to get your problem fixed.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:40 pm

I have the memory of a Goldfish and spoiled like the "king" in Game of Thrones, it is comments like these that helps me evolve into what can be called "a better person."

Thanks for the response and life changing words...
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:16 pm

You just went full retard, man. Never go full retard.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:07 am

What, it was the honest truth really, no irony in it.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:25 am

Ploppy...

I'm quite a patient person, but for the love of all that is holy... use the Search function, PM mods or whatnot instead of spamming new threads every time. It IS getting tiresome to see threads about stuff that just requires a click or two to find out any other way.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:50 am

ploppy wrote:life changing words...

life changing words

wtf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:42 am

If you actually make an attempt to contact the moderating staff, shockingly you'll get a response. The three main people to contact are indeed Cathee, Gruff and I. Cathee and I have admin powers and can look into requests.

As for the story section, the original moderator definitely did move on, and out of habit I spend limited time in that section of the forum.

I'll take it over and work on it from today then. But please, in future try actually contacting us before posting threads like these.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down