Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lazy Sunday Survey - First Character(s) and their First RP Experience Extravaganza!

+14
erwtenpeller
Allonia_Miral
Odgan / Keag
Zhakiri
Trinix
Thondalar Stormleaf
Sanara
Anivitas
Cid
Thelos
Izzifix
Helmut
Zinkle Figgins
The Z
18 posters

Go down

Lazy Sunday Survey - First Character(s) and their First RP Experience Extravaganza! Empty Lazy Sunday Survey - First Character(s) and their First RP Experience Extravaganza!

Post by The Z Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:22 pm

As it says in the title, it's sunday today...and since I'm currently unable to do anything else, I figured I should make a thread. In fact, I named it like that, in case it'll be a series. Others are welcomed to adapt it!

So, tell us something (more or less) about your first character(s)!

My very first WoW character resides on the Runetotem realm, since that is where those who originally lured me to play WoW played, at least at that time. He was an orc warrior, who probably never would've succeeded in any other world than Azeroth, which Blizzard thankfully made the easiest MMO world to play around in. Even despite that, he still had a rough path ahead of him. Using white gear, not using talent points, no first aid trained, etc...but all that barely mattered at that time, as I was completely mesmerized by the big world. My first trip to Booty Bay is still a memorable one. The stubborn orc still exists, still wearing that awesome int/spirit gear on him.

My "second first" character was an undead rogue on DB (terribly original!) who had a bit of a smoother run, when it came to PvE. But even if he was technically the first character on the realm, my tauren warrior became my first true main, in both PvE and RP. I probably focused solely on him for an year, before giving proper attention to others. Both still exist, though the tauren has gone through several plastic surgery operations.

My third first character is a human warlock on Ravenholdt, who I made originally to fill my WoW dose, for whenever DB was down for maintenance, two or three days at best. Since you couldn't make characters on both factions on PvP realms back in those days, a handful of familiar people from DB also had their Alliance alts over on that side. Not much to tell about that, sadly. He only had a few brief RP encounters with people I knew and barely reached lvl 20 during those maintenance times, which were the only times I bothered to play there. He still does exist, but just like my orc, he'll probably never see anymore action. Maybe once new models come, I'll check him out for fun.

My First RP Experience

The "honor" of this falls on my tauren warrior, with whom I was recommended to join one of the better known RP guilds on DB back in the days, The Mistrunner Tribe. I had absolutely no experience of RPing beforehand, neither from other MMOs or tabletop thingies. The whole thing is embarrasing and laughable now, but I remember my hands trembling like it would've been some intense deathmatch thing going on, as I went back and forth with approaching the Mistrunner officer and to finally say something to the player. Amazingly enough we did end up having a conversation, which lead to me dropping by their guild meeting later on, mostly being quiet as a mouse and watching the others in amazement, having a great time even just as a bystander.

Last edited by The Z on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Lazy Sunday Survey - First Character(s) and their First RP Experience Extravaganza! Empty Re: Lazy Sunday Survey - First Character(s) and their First RP Experience Extravaganza!

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:16 pm

My very first character was on Runetotem too, a Dwarf hunter. I've been playing on Runetotem since launch until I switched to Crushridge in the Summer of 2005, when I got to level 60 on my Troll Shaman. Since then he has been my main character until January 2010, when I started role-playing on Defias Brotherhood. On Defias Brotherhood I spent most of my time on Zinkle. I've just recently transferred my Shaman to Defias Brotherhood and race-changed him into an Orc, since I plan to role-play with this character in Warlords of Draenor.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Lazy Sunday Survey - First Character(s) and their First RP Experience Extravaganza! Empty Re: Lazy Sunday Survey - First Character(s) and their First RP Experience Extravaganza!

Post by Helmut Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Troll mage on Shattered Hand, I think... Vanilla. I remember how I did quests and got to Razor Hill. There I tried to do the Fizzle Darkstorm quest but died a lot till I had no gear and no money to repair it or buy new. Around that time I had made many other characters that was much more fun to play.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Had a level 60 druid in TBC, then another druid during wotlk and cata. Kazzak and Sunstrider, I think. And I had... something, can't remember what on the Maelstrom.

Then, the same day I dinged 85, I started an alt on DB. Those poor druids never stood a chance after that.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Oh right, forgot about years. Made my orc in January 2006, with my undead and moo following something like 15 days later. Doesn't seem like a long time now, but back then WoW was pretty much the only game that I played and I played it a lot, so the orc got his fair share of activity.

Warcraft Realms might give a decent indication for your characters, what comes to dates and guilds, if you still remember their names. My rogue is still the only one, who has been in more than two guilds...which reminds me, I don't think I've joined a new guild since my brief visit to OoTRB back in 2010. New guilds are scary.

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:47 pm

My very first WoW character would have been all the way back in the closed beta of Vanilla: a troll priest named 'Noctua'.

It means owl in Latin.

I thought that was clever.

I also joined a guild with a Japanese name, which still emberasses me when I think back to it.

Don't judge me!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Barrét, Tauren (Prot) warrior on Sporeggar back in mid-BC days (http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/88733434), part of Maxamightius guild Knights of the horde (I helped his grandchildren to level their characters). Barrét went through many things (continuesly ganked by Gnome rogues with noggenfogger elixirs for instance) before I rerolled on DB as a Dwarf (Holy) paladin named Cíd alongside my cousin somewhere around mid/late BC (http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/95369994). He however wasn't as active ingame as I was, so I began levelling a Dwarf (Prot) warrior named Cìd (http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/90775617) and got it to 70 the next time he saw me ingame.
Levelling armoursmithing with him, and using dps gear as tank was rather noobish, but he did survive most of the encounters (though soloing that big quest-clefthoof in Nagrand was a worthy challenge for those days). Cìd lead his own guild since level 40 something from mid/late-BC and well into around early/mid-WotLK when computer issues started to make an appearance, and a change in leadership had to be made. He then later on joined the Dwarven Rifle Squad and did military time there as part of the IF guards (in his enchanted grey gear, later on transmogged Grimscale), through the demise of the Lich King, the death of Deathwing, up until the Siege of Orgrimmar where a change of guild was in order.

Cìd is the single most memorable character on my account, seeing as he has been just about everywhere and done quite many things, like the Brill raid, that was both fun yet agonizing too (mountainscaling without magics like Slowfall or Levitate is quite lethal Wink ).
Barrét come second seeing as he successfully landed in a treetop without flying mount in Thunder Bluff, way back before we got flying in Azeroth.
Pally-Cid is memorable due to him levelling Holy while doing quests, killing two Horde who tried to gank him first (one was around 35, Cíd was 32 I reckon. The second hordie was slightly lower, don't recall the levels).

My memory might be wrong as to which years the expansions were tied to though, Zerafias told me a bit about his character being made in WotLK when I recall the Brill raid and our meeting being in BC, though it could've been that I just hadn't upgraded to WotLK at that point for instance (I tend to wait a few weeks after each release so the biggest crowds and the worst lag disappears).
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:08 pm

I had a Orc Warrior called "Zagorn" during BC. I was a completely nub, with a terrible P.C. And so used to stand in the fire a lot. Still my best experience with this game though. It was the first time I had played an MMO. And I was just mind blown by everything around me. I remember how excited I was getting my first green. And my first gold. And when I first got a mount.

I was a tank (Apparently) Although my build and gear really made it look like I was trying to make my own class. I used to spend time just running around and exploring random areas, not just questing. And hours stubbornly trying to solo rare elites.

In short, the best time I ever had with this game. No matter how bad I was. The Horde is where my WoW heart lies.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:09 pm

BIG BOLD LETTERS to inform you that I edited the thread title slightly, since I didn't want to wait 'till next sunday. Also updated my original post. Feel free to do do as well, or just make a new post!

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Oh, the Brill raid was my first glimpse of RP-PvP on DB back then. I was 30 and had just got my ram, when I saw that big group of people moving and talking through Hillsbrad... Damn, how time flies by. Sad 
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:16 am

My very first real RP in WoW was playing a Troll Hunter I named "Dagnomhunta" (as in, gnome hunter) because I didn't even know what the hell roleplaying was at the time.

I think he was on Argent Dawn - that was the first European RP server right? - and really, I picked it by random because "RP" stood out amidst the "Normal" and "PVP" tags (I played on Zenedar(PvP) with my RL friends when I started out.)

I just saw some people sitting around a campfire in the middle of the Orgrimmar Valley of Honor and decided to join them, listening as they told stories and whatnot in-character. I caught on to the concept easy enough, but I don't recall "Dagnom" (as they took to calling him) saying much of importance himself. Still, it planted the seeds that led to some experimentation on a Warlock who tried to betray someone who helped me with a group quest to steal his share of the loot (and failed) and, in time, to first making Merandil shortly after Defias Brotherhood popped up.

As for my first actual WoW character, uh... Either Torleif the Dwarf Paladin I rolled on my friend's account during the Open Beta (because Paladins started with a hammer, and I felt Dwarves should have hammers. My first act was to look around, spot a rabbit critter, shout "BUNNY!" and kill it with my hammer.) OR more properly, my Night Elf Hunter Neela based on the NElf Archer from WC3, first created also on my friend's Beta account, then later made and played to level 36 on Zenedar before I made Merandil and moved my focus to Defias. I eventually transferred Neela to Defias, but some bastard stole the name so now she's Neelà. Grh. Didn't do any RP with her until long after I started over on Defias, though.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:51 am

My first role-playing experience was the same as it was for many people: hanging around in a tavern, just...Chatting with people. It was on a draenei female shaman called 'Atlaua'. I didn't enjoy it much.

It was only years later that I tried it again on a priest called Thelos (tried the exact same thing, in fact) and I got into the swing of things, mostly due to the excellent tutoring of the Disciples, whose participation in the Path of Conquest campaign in Kalimdor allowed me to connect to the community at large.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:05 am

My first RP char was a worgen female death knight. I'd done some tabletop RP and forum rp before, and in my end of Cataclysm boredom I wanted to try Wow rp. I had always viewed RP-ers as the weird bunch that always whined about lore not making sense, back when I was a raider, and hardly cared about dialogue other then the death one.

So I made this snowflake DK (because hey, I was just gonna try it out, and I could not bother leveling much) , and she were all the things DK's were not and I probably stomped on so much lore that I am criiiiinging still now.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinix Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 am

My first role-play experience was in Scarshield Legion with the Warsong Blades rp guild with my tauren druid. I just spotted them out and went very noobishly to snoop around. Fell in love and have rp'd ever since.
Trinix
Trinix

Character sheet
Name: Lady Trinix Boombracket
Title: Gobmother / B.B.G

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:00 am

My first character was a Human Warrior named Jarsitith on a different account than what I play on now. It was on Defias Brotherhood, which was the realm all my friends had rolled on at the time and was probably during mid-vanilla times. I remember he had fierce ginger hair in the barbarian style and my most epic experience on him was travelling through the Hinterlands and it's surrounding area trying to do that Whirlwind Axe Warrior quest. He never made it much further than level 30ish.

Forgetting all the account information and just restarting I came back to the game during mid-BC and played a Blood Elf Paladin on Stormscale, which was where my Friends had rerolled to play Horde, eventually though I came back to DB on the original Nygarth Priest which was intended to be a Holy Priest for a little raiding guild my friend was in. I had just finished a few of the Warcraft Novels and intended to call him Rhonin before realising why you couldn't Razz I literally started him round about the time WotLK was released and didn't level nearly fast enough to raid with that guild, but I did make a DK then called Nygaern who I began to RP on.

My first true RP experience outside of Goldshire (where everyone started, face it!) was for the Underground Criminal/Cultist organization where I was introduced to many epic faces, such as Zaraj, Melfeena and all the TDS crew. I joined the Hand of Nightmares and never really looked back, falling deeper and deeper into RP and the Warcraft Lore as time went on.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:20 am

This thread suddenly got a lot more interesting to read  Smile 

My own first RP experience:
While leveling Dwyburn (name a blatant ripoff of Qyburn from a song of ice and fire) through duskwood, I was in Darkshire between quests. In comes 5 or so death knights from Army of the Damned, raiding the town IC. At this point I'm unaware that you actually can go OOC on an RP server... I run Dwy upstairs in the inn and hides him by the bed, but to no avail, the cultists haul him down to their leader.

By extreme groveling, Dwy manages to get the job of running a message for the death knights, instead of... you know. This is after he's gotten it through his head that the worgen haven't sent death knights to assassinate him. Heading off at good speed, he immediately seeks out Tarvik Dieudonne, by meta-gaming the guild tag (not really knowing which of the dieudonnes were the leader etc luckily saved me from the worst of it, as it meant asking some questions IC, just not enough).

After declaring to the noble rper that "The Damned are back" or something like it, Dwy is taken to prison in the actual command centre, despite the shields not being around, where he sits when he's IC for a couple of days (leveled another alt some on a non-rp server though). Then, finally, someone from the Regiment comes. Surprised that he's still there, she lets the guy who's suspected of being a cultist out, because you know, those bloody nobles can't decide who goes to jail.

For the remainder of the time I rped Dwyburn, he was an unwilling, but loyal undercover cultist. I don't think anybody found that out.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:27 am

My first character ever was a Dwarf Hunter called "Rickvswow" on the Aerie Peak (normal) realm. Many, many alts/characters later I decided to join my cousin on Defias Brotherhood to play together, he wasn't a Roleplayer or anything and I had no clue what this "roleplaying" thing was, only heard it mentioned a few rare times.

The first real.. Uh, RP experience I had was in the Valley of Trials, I had made a Troll and was in a jolly mood, I decided to casually join the conversation between two Troll lowbies sitting around a campfire. They asked me were I was from so the unknowing me replied with "the netherlands" - "Aaah. Netherstorm? That's a exotic place!" (or something like that). After repeating that I was from the Netherlands a few times I caught up to what I perceived was just joking around. So I joined in on the joking and made up a silly story!
The silly conversation continued, and eventually they decided to ditch me, the annoying unknowing Troll from the Netherlands/Netherstorm that kept following them around. Sad

Later I discovered it was this vague RP I once heard about, and not some joking. So I went out to investigate!
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:39 am

My first rp experiences in Wow was on the Ravenholdt server on my worgen warlock Virra. I joined a guild that went about most of its business IC, which meant getting recruited through a meeting in a tavern, and having weekly IC guild meetings in Darnassus. I thought playing a worgen was a good starting point, since she would have an excuse for maybe not knowing much about a lot of lore happenings, due to being locked inside the wall, and that worked nicely! Apart from that she was the secluded scholar, letting me observe rp from the outside until I felt more secure in joining in when the guildies went to the Dwarven District bar for more rp and fun. It didn't take long before Virra turned out to be my new main, and my poor paladin on another server got abandoned.

She soon got in contact with another worgen warlock, who became her mentor and trained her in the locky arts while pretty much no one else knew was she and he were up to. RP wasn't as frequent as it became later, but it was subtle and awesome rp. I had good fun in developing my char with the people in that guild and still miss it at times.

Last edited by Allonia_Miral on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:39 am

I was getting tired of playing wow "the normal way" and had always been curious about these role-playing servers. I convinced my friend (Bloodnose) and my brother (Thelos) to go give it a go.

I made a worgen druid and hung around the Pig & Whistle being a terrible skank with a ridiculous, inconsistent character. Then I got bored of druid and rolled a mage, Delidah the mailbox-dancer. Got a little better at things, got to know some more players, got to know the world outside of Stormwind. Fast forward three years or so and I'm still hanging out at the Pig & Whistle.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:31 pm

I'll not really count unofficial servers where first chars would count... So to official.

My first character was right on this server and of course my Rogue Siegmund considering it wasn't one of the classes I tried on unofficial servers and well stealth!
Draged to this server becouse a national themed guild and well normal leveling and all that experience...

Far as first RP experience goes... I honestly can't really remember my first time, even then I remember more just watching from afar. But I belive between these was trying to pickpocket someone, getting to know some worgen about and strangers and belive it or not going to jail. Considering i had not a whole lot idea about RP it was pretty much very random and strange at the time.

But I -do- remember an instance at the Pig when there was a TON of worgen about and i'm pretty sure there was a talk about the worgen revolting, was just hilarios at the time and I don't think i cared much. Went though learning phases and diffrent people and so on, of course a bit of retconning now and actual story thinking and of course lots of people I first RPed with mostly moving to alts or other places I moved on to a warlock character which wasn't planed to RP either...

Same followed of course since magic was another totaly blank thing for me fast forward chars were taking dust and being polished and at a point joined a RP guild on my main and so goes on the story! Nothing too sparkly.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:03 am

Berahnek wrote:This thread suddenly got a lot more interesting to read  Smile 

My own first RP experience:
While leveling Dwyburn (name a blatant ripoff of Qyburn from a song of ice and fire) through duskwood, I was in Darkshire between quests. In comes 5 or so death knights from Army of the Damned, raiding the town IC. At this point I'm unaware that you actually can go OOC on an RP server... I run Dwy upstairs in the inn and hides him by the bed, but to no avail, the cultists haul him down to their leader.

By extreme groveling, Dwy manages to get the job of running a message for the death knights, instead of... you know. This is after he's gotten it through his head that the worgen haven't sent death knights to assassinate him. Heading off at good speed, he immediately seeks out Tarvik Dieudonne, by meta-gaming the guild tag (not really knowing which of the dieudonnes were the leader etc luckily saved me from the worst of it, as it meant asking some questions IC, just not enough).

After declaring to the noble rper that "The Damned are back" or something like it, Dwy is taken to prison in the actual command centre, despite the shields not being around, where he sits when he's IC for a couple of days (leveled another alt some on a non-rp server though). Then, finally, someone from the Regiment comes. Surprised that he's still there, she lets the guy who's suspected of being a cultist out, because you know, those bloody nobles can't decide who goes to jail.

For the remainder of the time I rped Dwyburn, he was an unwilling, but loyal undercover cultist. I don't think anybody found that out.

You were the best mole I had in the Diuedonne Seal until the very end.

I rped ephitos molotov [soviet name ftw] with perturbo the faggot in cathedral square where the erper eowale used to hang out and rohim my g as well those were the days and when myself and eloresh manhandled the crimson flame out and hda our plot line in the north of eph poisoning the well and then getting executed as consequences for going crazy in acherus

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:36 am

My first character on Defias was Ploppy, I decided to check the place out after seeing Charlie play on it.
While doing that Dwarf quest where you travel to Ironforge I stumbled across a group of dwarfs I had never seen before. Being a curious lad I decided to check it out, I thought they were new npcs!
Suddenly they pointed at me and involved me in their roleplaying madness!
They were preaching on one of the bridges and arguing about the light being the creation of the titans.

This was so much fun, and random that I decided to join the guild there and then as a Mountaineer.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Well, suppose I will make a post too.

My first RP experience was waaay back towards early/mid cataclysm I think.. When I was bored of my PvP char and I jokingly asked a friend if he wanted to test out this RP I had heard so much about. Back then my mage was a draenei on another realm so I rolled a paladin, Jens Birger.. I also checked the EU forums out and quickly found a guild for me to join. That being The Scarlet Crusade since at the time TCF had become TLA I think.

So my first IC meeting I suppose was meeting Bareans alt which name escapes me about going back up north to Lordaeron to save it. I figured Lordaeron RP would be my best bet for starters since it was really the only lore I cared much about to learn. Some time went by and I started getting better. Eventually TSC failed and I joined TLA where I was until it became a Scarlet guild and decided to join the Freelancers (Mostly because Thorvald was nagging). That pretty much sums my first year of rp.. I think, might be more, might be less. Not any really funny experiences really. Just mentioned the more recent stuff that was not as much as beginning but transitioning to Stormwind rp from Lordaeron was a big switch so figured I'd put that in.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:30 pm

First RP Experience: Goldshire. Don't know what, why, how, but I know there was my first. I went from a PVP server to Defias the day it opened up, and started to RP here, enjoying myself.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down