Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(A) The Sorceror's

+10
Skarain
Vaell
Iriel Silversong
Helmut
Sindri Illum
Vardrek/Burgen
Muzjhath
Izzifix
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Rae Wulfgnar
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(A) The Sorceror's - Page 2 Empty Re: (A) The Sorceror's

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Hell What?
I am not ablaze i am just checking if your the Roleplay server i would want to join and from what i see your not.
You can't even protect your stand.I had been lolling about the bad of this server without even knowing much about it just to test how good would you defend it.Seems you lack Serverotizm
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm using my iPhone... It autocorrects.

The server is bad , how that is based on? For what I see people is telling you: try and challenge, something new but without being derp
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:43 pm

I am not implying the server is bad.
I might try out my plan though i do not see any kinda support from people on this Server.It seems you do not take new People lightly
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:43 pm

You had been lolling on how bad the.... Sorry I stop reading from there you say about protecting stands, but what are you standing on aside from a lot- I'll stop there

I just see how your statement made no sense,

So let me get this straight just because you can't create a proper basis you frustrate and lol around just to proclaim how bad your surround is?

Mmmm must it not be other way around?

We welcome new people in fact we been trying to advice you to help you gladly
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:44 pm

We welcome every new person
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Iriel Silversong wrote:We welcome every new person
Yeah, people disagreed with you, Sindri and you got mad... what...
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:08 am

Well Roleplay is about fufilling a role in a story-line and the classes we are already presented which cover all the bases for things such as limitations, However sometimes people like to blur these lines or break through them with such things as their own new classes sometimes from other games (I.e Witch hunter or Sorceror) or god forbid Roleplay Hero Classes to have an edge over other Roleplayers in status or even the lulz emote fights of the server.

If you wish to Rp something magical perhaps look into such concepts as Fel Sworn or Rune-masters these are things that already exist in lore within the World of Warcraft or if you want to be something magical but with warrior capabilities then you are probably best just rolling a Death knight in all honesty their is choices already present in the game for you to make that can cover the concepts you wish.

Their is even an offshoot from the Rune-masters called Dark Inscribers those whom use runic etchings and such to create malicious magics through the form of magical runes much like the rune-masters which the DK's fall slightly into this category.

P.S The old gods were placed into the lore of Warcraft during WC3 mainly as a homage towards the Lovecraft novels which Blizzard enjoys as can be seen with many pieces of pop culture that are within the game something Blizzard itself is a fan of doing.

P.P.S Blizzard like many other Fantasy creators take stuff from original writings of people such as J.R.R Tolkien or even the native folklore of which Tolkien recieved his inspiration from but as is usual of such people they give it their own twist their own flavour.

As for Mages and Warlock mix yes perfectly possible as often Mages become Warlocks due to Arcane Corruption it wouldn't be ridiculous to see a Warlock casting a fireball or a frostbolt, but why use weak frost when you have the power of shadow and fel-flame at your beck and call.

Same goes for Necromancy and Demonic magic their is many transferrable skills shall we say.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:11 am

Thing is you kept pointing out my mistake's not advising me what to change.That is something else.
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 am

You better read well again because we been telling you what needs to be changed but not what or how.. thats up to you <3
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:19 am

Sindri Illum wrote:Thing is you kept pointing out my mistake's not advising me what to change.That is something else.
Re-read, I actually told you to look up Drustai's magic guide. I also didn't think you'd want to be spoon fed considering you're trying to push a creative idea... I can give you advice if you'd prefer!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:25 am

Sure i'd like some advice.
Vaell
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:54 am

(A) The Sorceror's - Page 2 Giphy
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:55 am

Vaell wrote:
Sindri Illum wrote:Thing is you kept pointing out my mistake's not advising me what to change.That is something else.
Re-read, I actually told you to look up Drustai's magic guide. I also didn't think you'd want to be spoon fed considering you're trying to push a creative idea... I can give you advice if you'd prefer!

^

Read the guide, is advice ;0
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:17 am

Okay, no worries.

Sorcerer:
As they already exist in lore, you can definitely make one. However, you should be wary about what the arcane is in WoW. Definitely look up Drustai's guide (i'll link tomorrow/later if you don't find it). Basically, in WoW, the Arcane is the general term for magic (sorry if you already know this). It can be weaved and transformed, so e.g. weaving it into a fireball, or creating an illusion about yourself. Magi usually study to perfect a couple of schools of magic. So a Sorcerer is very destructive, they're just channeling raw arcane energy. The issue with that is that it's extremely unreliable so it's very dangerous - you could easily cast a spell that will blow you up. Magi are arrogant, so it's understandable these kind of magi exist. It's also very likely that they'll be tempted to turn to Fel magic (warlock) at some point becausethe arcane is corruptive and by avoiding a conduit, such as a wand, you're basically injecting it straight into yourself. NElves hate Sorcerers because of this.

So give yourself these major flaws and you'll be more within the lore. You can play the hero character, but most people here don't. Most people are like half-heroes - above your common vendor/soldier but below the in game character. The best chars, in my opinion, have major flaws when they have major advantages.

Don't bulldoze that kind of character.
I'm not accusing you of this, but it usually comes up when people play v strong characters. Try to avoid causing conflict with other players IC. If someone is trying to fight you, certainly defend yourself, but don't go seeking fights with others. People will tire of this quickly.

Remember, RP is about storybuilding, not winning.
Everyone here is just trying to immerse themselves in a fantasy world they enjoy, RP-PvP events are there for you to be competative and there's nothing wrong with wanting the best for your character but always try and put story first. Most people will be happy to emote fight or roll (some even duel) so you don't need a superhero to fit in.

Drustai's Guide
Search for like... "Magic" or "Mysticism" in game related, it has a long name that I forget. The reason the guide is so brilliant is because Drustai has read far too much about WoW - overkill amounts - so the amount of detail is outstanding. Skim the bits you need but it's all quite interesting.

Imagination Magic
The Arcane allows for the most creative RP there is. You can basically do anything, don't get bogged down on what is on your skill bars. However, the Sorcerer seems to be more destructive with raw energy which suggests they can't do many clever spells. If you want to impliment your imagination into the RP, you should probably consider looking at the schools and choosing a couple which you find the coolest. Making up spells is incredibly fun, something which a sorcerer is very limited in. E.g. if you chose illusion and necromancy, you could raise an undead ghoul that looks like a beautiful woman. Or abjuration and elemental, you could create an anti-magic barrier around someone and heat the inside - cooking them like an oven! Magic is literally the oyster of RP. Again, for the sake of characterisation and RP, I'd think of weaknesses as well as strengths.

Lore
We don't try to change the lore on this server; we add to it. All of the events that the writers of WoW have put in are our lore, we follow that. Garrosh Hellscream has just been taken prisoner, Vol'jin is the Warchief, Anduin is still a little bitch... We have had stuff like the Stormwind Council which isn't present in lore, but it fits in with the theme of the world. Or epic battles for abandoned cities etc. Guilds have made up their own religion that fits in with the lore. We don't add in abilities, we can't turn into unicorn men, but we do add in depth where there otherwise wasn't any. Stormwind Regiment are a guard guild for Stormwind etc.

I can't think of anything else to add. Personally, I'd suggest trying out a different type of mage as you're limiting your spells.

Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:44 am

Drustai's Guide
The Magnificent Manual of Mastering Mysticism: A Guide to Magic

To give a few words by myself, the concept of the main post reminds me of the Highborne in Dire Maul, who kept a Demon imprisoned and drained him of energy to maintain their immortality. Did not turn them into demons, Felbloods or anything.

Did you create this concept because it appeared to you that Warlocks can not thrive, while majority view them as evil and something worth purging?

Last edited by Inran/Skarain on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:48 am

Lovecraft: Yup, old god lore and -everything- about it is Lovecraftian. Directly taken, not even an homage, even the names and concepts of each god are similar. There were hints of them in WCIII in the Frozen Throne campaign (you fight Forgotten Ones iirc) but it's still a WoW-introduced ripoff. So is everything to be fair, as said, and I do like the old gods as a thing.

Sorcerers vs Wizards: Iirc the RPG lore was actually fairly similar to what you've posted in terms of training vs natural skill. That said if you want to get into "havens" and demons, my suggestion is to make a faction of sorcerers who've been specifically trained this way. A guild, or guildless group, with another name and somehow similar backstory, or something along those lines. It'd probably be reacted to better than adding lore to something existing and hoping everyone accepts it. More opportunity for RP too as people find out about them, research it and react.

Best of luck!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:14 am

If it's using a demon for a source of power in any way, It's a Warlock!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:15 am

Not true exactly; the sorcerers of Eldre'thalas (Dire Maul) siphoned demons without being warlocks. I'm not sure HOW they did this without becoming fel in nature (Blizz doesn't elaborate iirc) but it is a thing!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:54 am

The highbourne were all in magic for a good amount of time to be fair, so if it was something of free information to find out everyone would do it (Well ok not everyone, but you get the point). Possible but how you found out how to do it is a question in itself!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Helmut wrote:(A) The Sorceror's - Page 2 Giphy
#SUBSCRIBE
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title: