Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(A) The Sorceror's

+10
Skarain
Vaell
Iriel Silversong
Helmut
Sindri Illum
Vardrek/Burgen
Muzjhath
Izzifix
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Rae Wulfgnar
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(A) The Sorceror's Empty (A) The Sorceror's

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Hello I would like to present my Idea for a New Class in RPing.

Description:
Sorcerers are spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories - just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons.

(A) The Sorceror's Search?q=Ammon+Jerro&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Jay0UsTfIa6V7AaywYGgDQ&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1379&bih=891#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=-ohMjZc_unuaQM%3A%3BYHzi3SrFWZnw_M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimages3.wikia.nocookie.net%252F__cb20081016085112%252Fforgottenrealms%252Fimages%252F7%252F77%252FYoung_ammon_jerro_-_nwn2_cinematic.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fforgottenrealms.wikia

Haven's:

Havens would be place's in which Sorceror's would store their alternative source of Power.Meaning Circle's of Power which are based on capturing/summoning a being than binding him to your Haven and draining Energy from the being afterwards.The More Power the Sorceror and His Haven contain.Also The Alternative Source weakens the farther is the Sorceror from the Haven.
-The Haven's are built magically and are hard to find.
-If someone wishes to enter a Haven he must pass the test the Sorceror had set.
-In the Haven the Sorceror's power would be improved depending on the number of Circle's and it's signs.(He Might be Godly at some point)
-Circle's of Power are Activated/Deactivated by a blood sacrifice of the Sorceror .If somebody wants to break the Circle he can just kill the being inside the Circle or get the Blood of the Sorceror and Deactivate the Circle.

(A) The Sorceror's Search?q=Ammon+Jerro&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Jay0UsTfIa6V7AaywYGgDQ&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1379&bih=891#q=Fortress+Fantas&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=F1L51G6q9MZ16M%3A%3B0BjjZxHqueqafM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwugange.com%252Fimage%252F2013%252F14%252Fdark-fantasy-fortress-23943-hd-wallpapers.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwugange.com%252Fdark-fantasy-fortress-23943-hd-wallpapers

Allignment:
The Sorceror's work for no one by themselves.
If a Lord - Guild Leader gains the support of One then he becomes someone to be dealt with.

OOC Fact's:
-Haven's would be instanced area's depening on the RPer's.
-Anyone interested in being a Sorceror should contact me by Private Message.
-There might be a Council of Sorceror's to have Balance.
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

(A) The Sorceror's Empty Re: (A) The Sorceror's

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Excuse me for the mistakes for some reason i can't edit :O. Any Administrator's can help me with the Problem?
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Just a few things:

1. Sorcerers is spelt with a second 'E' and needs no apostrophe before the S!

2. Channelling raw arcane is a difficult feat, but doable. It still requires practice and if you go into it without studying, you'll most likely blow yourself up as you will not be able to aim it! In fact, you'd most likely not be able to channel more spells simply because you don't have a conduit or reagent to make it easier. It'd be far more draining on the caster. It's cool that you want to make up your own class, but you're going to really need to follow the guide lines set before you. See, you could argue that the Council is a sort of metagame as it doesn't exist in WoW lore - but it fits with the RP. Making up your own unique class that doesn't really follow the lore seems a little too much - I see it just as making up your own unique race. By all means, create your own class but do so using the lore provided - e.g. the Chapter's Witch Hunters.

3. It sounds very much like shadow/fel magic with all the draining!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 pm

(A) The Sorceror's Michael-scott-no
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:05 pm

2.It is difficult but it's not impossible that's why there would be around 20 sorceror's on the Whole of Azeroth across all Race's.And Roleplay Itself argues with Lore.
3.Actually because it's really similar to a Warlock's class A Warlock summon's a demon and keeps him under control to use his strength to protect himself.
While This Class drains the demon's power.
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Though Sorcerer is already something that exists in Warcraft as a pointer, so it might be a bit clashing to some.

That's what Vaell ment at the end of his 2nd point.

While This Class drains the demon's power.
Still sounds fel, warlocky related, since warlocks do that too! Besides a few others.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm not sure you really know your lore, mate! And no, Role-play is entirely based around the lore. You can't just ignore it. Adding something that doesn't conflict with it - e.g. the Regiment being based in the SI:7 building is fine, because you're not really changing anything drastic.

Making up your own OP class is a bit too much. Feel free to do it, but don't be surprised if people don't take the character seriously! I'd suggest reading up on magical lore first. Drustai wrote a very good guide on it somewhere in the game related, just do a search for "Magic" and i'm sure it'll pop up.

EDIT: You've sort of neglected the point of the already made up Sorcerer Razz

Last edited by Vaell on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:16 pm

Interesting idea nontheless I supose? Some might still argue one cannot just be born with power without having to study or so, which is something one must carefully aproach in RP.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:41 pm

This also sounds pretty much 100% of how the Sorcerer class in Dungeons and Dragons is described...
Just saynig.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:58 pm

You may wish to choose a different name for your concept, sorcerers already exist in World of Warcraft canon. A sorcerer is - arguably - a type of mage, which is already present in roleplay.

http://wowpedia.org/Sorcerer

Sorcerers in the Warcraft universe are described as being incredibly talented individuals, who are naturally predisposed to the arcane and its mysteries; as opposed to a wizard who achieves their great power through study and dedication. A collective of sorcerers even had their own Dalaran-based organization pre-destruction (http://wowpedia.org/Sorcerer%27s_League).

I also take issue with what you mention later in your post, about an individual possessing an interest in becoming a sorcerer needing to pm you; presumably to obtain the authority to play one; I would strongly advise against this.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Which my Dear Arenfel is a copy of DD's and Neverwinter Night's Sorceror character which i based my idea on.
Can't be trully suprised since World of Warcraft start's stealing everyone's Lore lately.
Also i do advise to contact me not for Permission to play the Class but for some Rule's How to play it.
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Sindri Illum wrote:Which my Dear Arenfel is a copy of DD's and Neverwinter Night's Sorceror character which i based my idea on.
Can't be trully suprised since World of Warcraft start's stealing everyone's Lore lately.

That doesn't mean you should take an already existing concept in one universe, then mold it to fit another (in this case, DnD) because you presume it to be a stolen concept.

Besidesmosthighfantasyborrowsoffeitherdndortolkeinanyway.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:11 pm

My True Piss of on WoW was when they created the Old God Bullshit from Lovecraft idea's and ruined it.
To me it seems i could just name this a decent group of Warlock's and it will still work out.
Or A Mixture of Mage and Warlock which is highly possible in the New WoW.
This and other made up shit is possible i mean we've had :
Priest + Warrior
Warrior + Necromancer
Warrior + Druid ( kinda )
What else can there be? Oh right i forgot the best : Pyromancer + Druid.

Last edited by Sindri Illum on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Sindri Illum wrote:My True Piss of on WoW was when they created the Old God Bullshit from Lovecraft idea's and ruined it.
To me it seems i could just name this a decent group of Warlock's and it will still work out.

Uuuuuuuuuuhhhhh..... mmmmm...... errr...... huh..... wait... err...

what the heck, no.

I don't know how many wrongs to this statement but let me...say something, Old Gods has always been around, and is a fine line.. I don't see ruins when the old god lore talking inside wow has create its own story, if you really look Lovecraft does not exist inside wow's lore.. so each to its own.

Mixture of mage and warlock.... Nah. Smile
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Well Iriel i don't know if you really read any of Lovecraft's Novel but it's just the same.The Look's of the Gods the name's their expertise their follower's it's all the same ... so kinda .. And Old God's Weren't in Lore in the Times of Warcraft. Nobody thought of such shit cause blizzard had a normal Lore.
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Also someone said Role-Play is based on Lore in that case i'll call Bullshit on that.
: A role-playing game is a game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterisation, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, they may improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.
their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.
their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games. (Just so all of you can see it)
Roleplay is about Creating your own Lore that's why i see that WoW is not the best place to RP in since most of this Server's Population don't RP they play a game written for them which basically is not what RP is about.

Last edited by Sindri Illum on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Sindri Illum wrote:My True Piss of on WoW was when they created the Old God Bullshit from Lovecraft idea's and ruined it.
This and other made up shit is possible i mean we've had :
Priest + Warrior
Warrior + Necromancer
Warrior + Druid ( kinda )
What else can there be? Oh right i forgot the best : Pyromancer + Druid.

I'm more than a little bit certain that the names of the Old Gods are meant to be an homage to H.P.Lovecraft's works, they even include a few nearly-direct quotes from his works.

"A mixture of a mage and warlock" is just a warlock, Sindri. Fel itself is a corrupting agent, it eventually takes over and perverts the functions that arcane magic once facilitated in a caster.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Does this Forum Contain a Server Lore?
Also it seems you can create : Island's of your own but you can't create a special type of Warlock?
Hell that's damn .... strange.
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:47 pm

No, an RPG is a game where you shape the story but WoW is a story that is already predetermined. We do not alter the official lore, we add to it and build our own stories within it. Go and play Dungeons and Dragons if you want to create your own story that completely changes the world.

The WoW we see is far larger than it looks in the game, that much is obvious, they just clearly can't build a game which is thousands of miles long.

Creating a small town in Elwynn that plays no real part in altering anything other than adding to other people's RP or creating stories is a lot different than creating your own OP warlock class just so you can feel like a superhero.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Indeed but what is the point of my RP if it makes no diffrence?
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Sindri Illum wrote:Indeed but what is the point of my RP if it makes no diffrence?
Having fun. Possibly.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Illum Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Well from what i hear and see is Any Warlock type guild's are not having fun on this server due to the fact Good must always win according to Lore.Which totally takes the fun of being a bad guy away.
Sindri Illum
Sindri Illum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Or, you set it down to get your fun out of entertaining others.
Instead of being selfish and playing for your win.

You know, how you should be playing in any non competetive game with multiple partners.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:32 pm

I actually did, yes. But if you read me well what I meant that ablaze are did not itent to say: this is lovecraft in wow , no this is actually lore who has been influenced by lovecraft . Problem? None
Everything is influenced by something, to all different opinions but I do not think blizzard destroyed the idea of lovecraft but made one from it, conected? Yeah by influence. Anything else? No no really
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Sindri Illum wrote:Well from what i hear and see is Any Warlock type guild's are not having fun on this server due to the fact Good must always win according to Lore.Which totally takes the fun of being a bad guy away.

Well that depends which kind of evil can you create ?
And how you develop it...

Must is alway an if?
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down