Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naaruvada 2.0: The Reboot.

+6
Seranita
erwtenpeller
Celeste/Ainathiela
Dr. Haluthious Vouten
siegmund
Thelos
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Naaruvada 2.0: The Reboot. - Page 2 Empty Re: Naaruvada 2.0: The Reboot.

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:That said, I'll be racechanging either my priest or my paladin for this.

I absolutely love this concept.
If you want to role-play a draenei, I'm not here to tell you not to - but I wanted to add that you don't necessarily have to be a draenei to join the Naaruvada. At some point I would like to encourage racial diversity to go beyond the stigma's associated with a 'draenei guild' -should anything happen to Huruma, I will probably switch to a human, a dwarf or a pandaren to illustrate this point.

And, like erwtenpeller just mentioned, ultimately the Naaruvada allows for some space for internal debate on its values. Huruma is designed to be the antithesis of Thelos; the tension between the two, which basicly ammounts to a clash between the Hare Krishna and Jesuit Missionaries (both tendencies I believe are present within the Draenei in some degrees), is one of the central creative forces within the guild.

Either way, I look forward to expanding our operations!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Oh, expect some internal debate alright from my Draenei on some of this stuff Thelos Razz Count on it Very Happy
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:25 pm

thank you for the answers it did helped me understand! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Thelos wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:That said, I'll be racechanging either my priest or my paladin for this.

I absolutely love this concept.
If you want to role-play a draenei, I'm not here to tell you not to - but I wanted to add that you don't necessarily have to be a draenei to join the Naaruvada. At some point I would like to encourage racial diversity to go beyond the stigma's associated with a 'draenei guild' -should anything happen to Huruma, I will probably switch to a human, a dwarf or a pandaren to illustrate this point.

And, like erwtenpeller just mentioned, ultimately the Naaruvada allows for some space for internal debate on its values. Huruma is designed to be the antithesis of Thelos; the tension between the two, which basicly ammounts to a clash between the Hare Krishna and Jesuit Missionaries (both tendencies I believe are present within the Draenei in some degrees), is one of the central creative forces within the guild.

Either way, I look forward to expanding our operations!
I didn't say I'd be RPing a Draenei. Just that I'd be changing the chars from the races they are currently, as both are human and I have way too many humans (Out of my 10 chars on Defias Brotherhood, there's a night elf, a dwarf (Druid and shaman, can't be human), a gnome, 6 humans and a pandaren) and would like some diversity in my characters.

That being said, I'd be lying if I wasn't considering a draenei (it's the only race that I don't have that I'd like one of, and I tend to RP Draenei much in line with this guild concept)

I am definitely not set on a draenei, and I am still at a stage in mental character creation where I could very much end up putting either a pandaren priest or a human paladin in your guild.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm not going to pretend I'm in the position to choose for you; I'll welcome it all!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Thelos wrote:The purpose of this guild is not to become "The Draenei Guild" (tm) like Ere Argus was, or like how Natures Grasp was for Elves or the Three Hammers for Dwarves. This concept is much more specific and yes, excludes many characters by design.
Just commenting here that Ere Argus was never meant to be the draenei guild. It was meant to be a draenei guild. We've always been rather opposed to the 'monopoly'-style racial guilds, and wanted there to be multiple draenei guilds each with different concepts.

Anyway, good luck with the concept. Dru would be rather opposed to it as it looks far too 'human' in organization, though she's unlikely to have much association with them for obvious reasons. Razz
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Drustai wrote:
Thelos wrote:The purpose of this guild is not to become "The Draenei Guild" (tm) like Ere Argus was, or like how Natures Grasp was for Elves or the Three Hammers for Dwarves. This concept is much more specific and yes, excludes many characters by design.
Just commenting here that Ere Argus was never meant to be the draenei guild. It was meant to be a draenei guild. We've always been rather opposed to the 'monopoly'-style racial guilds, and wanted there to be multiple draenei guilds each with different concepts.
Ah, right. My apologies for misrepresenting Ere Argus. I was trying to use it to illustrate a point; obviously it was not the best example. Point reminds though that the Naaruvada is indeed a very high concept guild - one not necessarily draenei, even - so you cannot expect the same things from it as you could expect from a guild whose aim is to create a community for as many and as diverse characters of one particular race as possible. Perhaps in the future there will be space for multiple guilds where a draenei character could fit in. I'd sure like that!

Also -

Drustai wrote:
Anyway, good luck with the concept. Dru would be rather opposed to it as it looks far too 'human' in organization, though she's unlikely to have much association with them for obvious reasons. Razz
Thank you for your kind words! And, in a shout-out to the Chapter: we will interpet the opposition of you, a known villain and witch, as an affirmation that our cause is righteous!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2