Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Sylovan Academy (Updated thread!)

+6
Bradley
Skarain
Sorayah
Secran
Sohan
Arcolon
10 posters

Go down

[A] The Sylovan Academy (Updated thread!) Empty [A] The Sylovan Academy (Updated thread!)

Post by Arcolon Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:55 pm

The Sylovan Academy

“The Sylovan Academy is an academy for all mages, novices and masters alike. A Mage can easily learn from another, no matter how skilled you are. Even a master can learn a thing or two from a novice.”-Arcolon Sylovan, Headmaster of the Academy.

The Sylovan Academy is an academy for Mages, or in general people who are sensible of Magic, who wants to learn the different Schools of the Arcane.  The academy has existed for a while, but in very few numbers, recently almost all its students and teachers has disappeared, for a very unknown and strange reason. The academy is currently lead by its founding Headmaster Arcolon Sylovan, the Minister of Magic of Stormwind.

The academy’s main focus as told is then learning, growing your aspects in Magic, grow stronger, more powerful and get more knowledge about the world of Magic around you. What the academy does to teach are many, class sessions, a session with a few people, group studies students teaching each other, field trips to Magical Sites, fieldtrips in general,  and also alchemic research as there is a lot to learn from mixing flowers or roots to the right mixture. But the academy is also a place for Social activities. It brings Mages closer, to make friends. Friendship itself is powerful Magic.
You always learn, and especially when you and a friend work together. Teaching one another.

The Academy is located on the Evergreen Isle (see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the Mage Tower. It has been there since the Evergreen appeared from the Cataclysm. Protecting it, and researching the isle. Now it simply functions as an academy, or something more, hidden from the public, maybe?

The aspects of the Academy in simple words are this:
- Learn Magic, of all sorts, widen your aspects and grow your power.
- Work together, you learn best if you know how to work with someone else.
- Socialize, it is important to get to know other people, especially other Mages.
- Practice of illegal Magic will not be tolerated.
These are the main purposes of the academy, it is all highly interesting to see people working together to learn what they have not been able to learn on their own. Especially experienced Mages who come to the academy, and learn from other Mages. Since some mages seems to believe that they have learned everything there is to magic. When there are still oceans of wisdom to find in the world. When there still is power to gather at your very corner.

The Ranks of the Academy.
Headmaster
Master
Professor
Adept
Apprentice
Novice
These are the ranks of the academy, you may be of higher skill than your current rank in the academy. That means you are talented and will soon rise to the next rank.

Official Members of the Academy:

The only requirements there are to join the academy is to be able to wield Magic and to be interested in learning new things, or teaching away what you already know to those who know less than you, or those who simply do not know what you do. Does this academy sound like the academy for you? Then join the academy, all you have to do is to contact a professor or higher. You can of course also contact the other ranks and they will lead you to the professors.

IMPORTANT: You do not have to be a member of the guild itself to become a student, teacher or associate of the Academy!

Last edited by Arcolon on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 6 times in total

Arcolon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Sylovan Academy (Updated thread!) Empty Re: [A] The Sylovan Academy (Updated thread!)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Good luck with your project.

Ensure that you advertise thoroughly in Trade and the realm forums for the most optimum result in recruitment.

Back to top Go down

[A] The Sylovan Academy (Updated thread!) Empty Re: [A] The Sylovan Academy (Updated thread!)

Post by Sohan Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:47 pm

You're back you silly norwegian you! Good luck with this, matey Cool
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcolon Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Thank you both! Recruitment will start on Monday, if anyone are interested, add Arcolon to your Friendslist or keep a keen eye on the general chat!

Arcolon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secran Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Hey there,
I noticed you at the wow forums aswell. I am interested. I added you, but it seems you aren't on yet.

Hit me up in game!

Secran
Secran
Secran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Mages, yay! I am probably racechanging my mage back to human soon-ish and might park her here (an alt, mind you)
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcolon Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Fantastic! Just take contact with me and we'll get that done!^^

Arcolon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcolon Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Updated thread!

Arcolon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcolon Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Arcolon wrote:IMPORTANT: You do not have to be a member of the guild itself to become a student, teacher or associate of the Academy!
Updated~

Arcolon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:32 pm

I will be in touch on Skarain. I'll be somewhat busy in organizing the RP-PvP Campaing currently going on, but i'll see on what gap i'll find the time for it. If not during the Campaing, then after.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcolon Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Updated the thread with a:
Official Members of the Academy:
! Here we have the official members of the Academy.

Arcolon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcolon Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:20 pm

Now! After two months of absence due to my computer crashing. I am back for full and so are the recruitment!

Arcolon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:25 pm

welcome back mate.. good to have you back. wish ya the best of luck and all that!
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:49 pm

There's actually another growing mage academy right now, but nothing stops you from continuing your own. Good to see ya again though, mate.

-Vebb

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 am

Is it open for Warlocks? Smile
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://gou-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcolon Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:45 am

It is open for every mage who does not use fel or shadow, or any other illegal magic.

Arcolon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 am

Aww. :c
I am looking for a nice place for my Worgen Warlock to stay.
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://gou-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:10 am

The Band of the Brave (Adventurers) and Wild Tempest (Military) both take in warlocks, and let them be warlocks.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:13 pm

More magic can never be a bad thing. Welcome back.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Actually I myself have already started a likeminded Mage Guild in every aspect such as yours since a Little while back. Already got quite a good number of members involved. maybe we could do some sort of merging between our Guilds? Just a suggestion that I definently would welcome Very Happy
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Basicly when I say that we merge I am of course talking about undoing one Guild to make a large one, however, we migth do somethign else. For an example:
We could possibly keep our individual organizations seperate but only share in a working corperation, unified by the Ordo arcana's Council of Mages, which would keep together the Sylovan Academy and the Ordo Arcana of the Tower of Acrenor, sow hile we might be as one organization, we'd still be of different guilds, if you'd like. This is a humble suggestion only, because I would really consider it great fun if we could RP together as one entity. The rules which I (and a few other people) have made for the Ordo Arcana are quite like yours, in fact very much alike. If this idea isn't to your liking and I am being a pest about it, please inform me outright and I will see to my errors Smile
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down