Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12. Setting Things Straight

Go down

12. Setting Things Straight Empty 12. Setting Things Straight

Post by Fenuviel/Eidan Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 am

Fenuviel sighed deeply as he looked over a letter that had just arrived for him in Stormwind. He did not immediately recognize the handwriting, for his 'brother' had never written him a letter before, but it was short enough that the answer was soon given.

Fenuviel, I would like to arrange a meeting between you and Fira, if you would agree. She wants to explain herself.

~Sly Blackboots

Fenuviel thought about it for a long time, standing quietly near the Stormwind bank. If it hadn't been Sly, he might not have agreed, but he trusted the man's judgement. He knew Sly was trying to help him. Scribbling a brief response, he shoved it into the mailbox and turned into the Rose to sleep. He was exhausted, physically and emotionally, as was often the case now. Don't think of it anymore till you get a reply. See what brother Sly is up to.

------------------------------

Outside the Stormwind bank. 17:30. Fenuviel waited there as Sly's letter had asked him too, and soon enough, the darkly clad, slender human man came striding confidently up the stairs to meet him.

"You know Theramore Isle?" he asked. Fenuviel smiled faintly at his brother, furrowing a brow as he appraised the question, wondering if he was joking or not.
"Of course I do,"
"Make your way there then. I'll be waiting at the end of the dock,"
Fenuviel nodded and stepped past Sly, making his way towards the Deeprun Tram. Why Theramore? the elf wondered. Far away, he guessed. Away from all the troubles that Stormwind held.

---------------------------------

The heels of his boots made a quiet clopping as he walked along the docks, not in any particular hurry. He enjoyed the fresh breeze that came from the sea, even as it blew stray silver strands of hair across his face and into the air. He smiled at the misty sky, the sun beginning to sink. The sound of a second pair of boots clopping along the wood drew his attention once again, and he offered Sly a faint smile. Appropriately, the pirate had donned an admiral's cap, or something that resembled it. The boats, of course! Sly motioned for him to follow, and Fenuviel did. At the very end of the docks, a plank had been set up so that they could walk up onto the main deck of the ship there.
"This is your boat, hmm...?" Fenuviel murmured idly with a distant smile, looking about. Sly had promised to show him.
"Indeed!" Blackboots responded, waiting a moment to make sure the Elf was following him before descending the stairs to the deck below. The entire ship was filled with barrels, boxes, and bags. Fenuviel could see in one corner where the sacks were left open the glinting of gold within. A pirate's bounty. He grinned. Distracted for the time being with a tour of the ship from the real purpose of their meeting, until- "Make yourself at home. I'll go and fetch Fira while you do,"

Fenuviel gave a more somber nod, and watching the man disappear up the stairs once again, he found a seat to drop himself into, staring quietly at the tabletop. He no longer felt the same anger he had before at the mention of Fira. No- it wasn't her he wanted anymore. It was Melnerag, and more than anyone else, Perun. He wanted to see their blood; he didn't care if the death was slow and painful, as long as it was permanent. Melnerag was hopeless, insane, but Perun was devious and clever. Perun had to die. From his quiet loathing he was stirred again, looking up to see Sly and Fira standing together in the entryway, frozen. Fira shifted uncomfortably, her eyes wide as Sly looked between them.

"Now, now... don't be silent," he urged as Fenuviel stood up from his chair, standing quite stiffly. "Fenuviel, would you put your sword away...?" Fenuviel smiled wryly at his brother, almost hurt that Sly would have so little faith in him, but he supposed it was justly deserved.
"I'm not going to attack her, Sly..." Fenuviel murmured, but all the same, drew the blade from the scabbard at his hip, handing it to Blackboots hilt first. The pirate took it with a nod, setting it behind him as he hopped up to sit on a table next to them with a quiet:
"Thank you,"

Fenuviel lowered himself into his chair again, the gnome climbing up into the one across from him, the small table separating them.
The gnome explained how she didn't know how their last meeting had ended, merely waking up in her own blood, two horrible gashes in her side. Fenuviel looked guiltily at the table top. She explained that she had blacked out when the 'demon' took over her. Yes, indeed, she had been possessed, that it hadn't been her acting so disgusting or hurting others, but that she had to handle the consequences anyway.
"When it happened, I wanted blood, and to hurt people... I've never felt that before, never -wanted- it!" Fira nearly whimpered.
"It's frightening the first time, I know..."
She continued fretfully. How she had been so stupid to let Perun and Melnerag do it to her.
"Perun..." Sly spit on the ground beside him. "...that Elf deserves nothing more than a dagger in the back,"
Fenuviel agreed under his breath, letting Fira continue.
She had been too curious for her own good. She should have burned them, made them get away! Tears streamed down her cheeks of guilt and shame as she buried her face into her hands.
"You couldn't have known what would happen, Fira..." Fenuviel whispered gently as Sly leant forward to hug the gnome comfortingly. Fenuviel smiled almost sadly. How well he understood. He could never have known either what would happen when he agreed to join Shagrath that night! But he too had to accept the consequences. It wasn't always easy. I know, Fira. I forgive you.

"I'm so confused now, I don't know who are the bad guys..." she sighed.
"Perun! Melnerag... is hopeless. I don't know what to think of him anymore! But you shouldn't trust him..."
"I don't understand, he said he was trying to help me.... but then he did try to make me kill you!"
Fenuviel nodded.
"Just... don't ally with him again. Please," Fenuviel pleaded. It was difficult to try and rescue her from Melnerag. Krastinov had almost convinced Shagrath again that Fenuviel and Fira were friends. It was too risky. Fenuviel pulled the gnome into a hug, holding her tight, protective. His little queen of muffins. She hadn't forgotten their dream after all. He'd try not to again.

Fira finally released a small white kitten from her pack. It mewed joyfully at its freedom, purring and rubbing against Fira's leg before pacing about the room. In dismay, the gnome told them how she had met an awful Elf the other day who had tried to kill 'Fenu', her kitten. How he had claimed that it had cat plague, and would infect her. But Kharzim had helped her escape and they had gone to the cat lady, who had told them there was no such thing as cat plague! Fenuviel couldn't but smile at Fira's antics and her enthusiasm in telling such stories. But 'Fenu' was a very healthy kitten, and she took good care of him, feeding him fishy muffins every day.

"Muffins?!" Sly exclaimed. Fira nodded at him with a broad smile.
"But fishy ones! He likes them!" she replied proudly.
"Can you make them?"
"Sly!" Fenuviel exclaimed with mock-sterness. "Didn't you know? Fira is the queen of muffins!" the Elf laughed, but Fira had already jumped to her feet, wiggling her fingers as sparkles of arcane magic began to twinkle about them. In only a moment, she had produced three, handing one to each of the men before sitting on the table with a proud and happy look in her eyes. She explained then how Lilath had hired a bodyguard for her in light of recent events, and how he was very very good. Too good! So good that she couldn't even move, that she had had to run away and escape him, because it was far too boring being so safe. Sly agreed with this.
"Who was it?" Fenuviel asked idly.
"I don't remember really... Bookshade something-.."
Fira didn't even finish the sentence, but Fenuviel had stood and backed away before she even finished saying 'Bookshade'.
"She hired ELDURIN?!" he exclaimed, his face paling in a mixture of rage and fear. Fira nodded with a frown, confused.
"Why..? Who is he?"
Fenuviel trailed a finger over the scars on his face.
"He was the one that gave Darkfang the poison... the one that tortured her, that threatened to kill Shagrath, and me.... and was stalking Jaqien!" he growled at the last bit, clenching his fists.
"Jaqien?"
Fenuviel blushed slightly as Sly and Fira looked at him.
"A... good friend of mine," he answered.
"Is that the one, uh.. you know?" Sly questioned. Fenuviel nodded at him. Fira half glared at them both now, looking between them.
"What, you're keeping secrets from me?"
"Brothers are allowed to have secrets, Fira,"

She folded her arms a bit dejectedly, jutting out her lower lip in a pouting fashion before turning about on her heel and turning her back to them. Fenuviel circled the table, coming in front of her as Sly approached from behind, cornering her. The pirate reached out first though, tickling Fira, who had to surrender in a fit of giggles.
"You know, Fira, you're one of the only people that knows we're brothers," Sly murmured. Fenuviel grinned, seeing Fira's expression soften, and then glow with excitement.
"He's right, you know," Fenuviel agreed.
"Ooh, I love keeping secrets!" she exclaimed.
"And I know you'll keep this one well," Fenuviel murmured fondly, though paused, remembering the original reason for her pouting.

"I'll explain to you, Fira..."
Fenuviel smiled and leant forward to whisper something in her ear. As soon as he had leant back, her eyes were wide as she looked at him in shock before jumping up and down with a joyous cheer.
"Really?? Woo! When? Where? Who??" she demanded. Fenuviel chuckled merrily.
"When, I do not know yet. Where? Ashenvale, possibly. Who...?" he smiled faintly and looked to his hand, removing the ring on his right hand. He turned it so she could read the name inscribed on the inside.
"Ooh..." she murmured. "I don't know who that is though!"
"You'll meet them soon enough, I promise..."
"You'd better! Because... you marrying someone I've never met.. that's just crazy!"
"You'd never forgive me, eh?"
"Nope!" Fira grinned. Fenuviel nodded, placing the ring on his finger once more when she returned it.

"From now on though, you and I must play a game. You know that Shagrath still doesn't like us to be together. So whenever you see me... I want you to think of something nasty to say! A contest, if you will,"
"Ooh! But I can't do it all the time, just when people are around, right? I don't think I can do that all the time. And we can arrange secret meetings, to be friends, right?"
"Of course,"
"What a delightful game!"

Fenuviel/Eidan
Fenuviel/Eidan

Character sheet
Name: Fenuviel Mooncrow
Title: Watcher

Back to top Go down