Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why don't you RP the opposite faction?

+31
Ralegh
Norrian/Chezz
Exigua
Tahlrana
Allonia_Miral
Feral / Blackfall
Arabella Greene
Salketh
Tuomas/Decurius
Gogol
Xen-tau
Ledgic
erwtenpeller
Vaell
Thelos
Cid
The Z
Drustai
Anivitas
Skarain
Littlepip
oricol
Lexgrad
Sorayah
Kristeas Sunbinder
Sohan
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Coppernut
Amaryl
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Eodain
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why don't you RP the opposite faction? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why don't you RP the opposite faction?

Post by erwtenpeller Fri May 31, 2013 10:14 am

I don't need any more justification then "Those guys suck and we don't agree with them! Kill 'em all!"

<3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Why don't you RP the opposite faction? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why don't you RP the opposite faction?

Post by Littlepip Fri May 31, 2013 11:11 am

Gogol wrote:Because quite frankly; all the Horde races are rather mecky.
And they dont have Dwarves.

Aye! That comment is Stormbrew approved.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Salketh Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:13 am

If the Horde had Dwarves, i'd never look at Alliance races ever again.

Still, its not enough to make me Roleplay Alliance. I cant get away from Orcs, the Horde lore or the Horde setting.
Salketh
Salketh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:29 am

I actually role-play Horde now!

...Granted, I use the same character I use on the Alliance, but still!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:46 pm

I have one horde toon and a zillion Alliance ones.
I play my Hordie occasionally.
The only reason I don't play her more is the same reason I struggle to get on my other 9 billion alts: Bella is just too fun to play as.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:51 am

When I started off with RP originally, back in pre-Cataclysm, Stormwind had empty houses. Orgrimmar didn't.

It meant that the majority of Horde RP (and I'm Horde at heart, played Horde for years, all my PvP chars are Horde on another realm etc) was in Silvermoon and around in the world at large. In the end the roleplay aesthetic of "medieval fantasy setting" on Alliance/Stormwind with empty buildings, horses and humans, and a centralized hub, just appealed to me more than trying to find orcs and trolls wandering, which is what it seemed to be as the Horde RP was far less centralized.

That's both a good and a bad thing, of course, but when trying to get into RP I found Stormwind as a hub far more welcoming. And it's become a habit! Been tempted by a troll with recent events though.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm bad at playing several characters, and know it. So doing the 'work' of getting into things horde side doesn't feel worth it, when I know I'll drop the ball soon after anyway and go inactive, before having to start all over again...
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahlrana Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:14 am

I just find horde really ugly and being a Kaldorei lore lover I instinctively hate the Sin'Dorei ^^ GO NATURE. BOO FEL. GO ELUNE. BOO FEL.

Honestly, I have too much on my plate Alliance side with currently three active characters.
Tahlrana
Tahlrana

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:15 am

I love Blood Elves <3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahlrana Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:44 pm

No way?! Very Happy
Tahlrana
Tahlrana

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Yeah. They're pretty great.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahlrana Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:51 pm

We was being sarcastic, right? But yeah- I also checked out Silvermoon and it was partially empty apart from a lot of gay people. Now I have nothing against gays, and we won't even start up such a debate, but I found it a little weird to walk into a city and everyone is kept to themselves in couples. One person even didn't want me to watch the RP. In the middle of the city. o.o

But yeah, my only one experience of horde side really here.
Tahlrana
Tahlrana

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Tahlrana wrote:I also checked out Silvermoon and it was partially empty apart from a lot of gay people.
Yeah. That's Silvermoon. Pretty much that.

But I don't really RP my Blood Elf in Silvermoon all that much, I only go there when I've got nothing else to do. Because mage. And portals. Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:11 am

Urrh, yeah. If Silvermoon has stayed similiar to what it used to be, you'll get as good of a picture of Horde RP from there, as you would get of Alliance RP by visiting Goldshire...or well, maybe not that bad, but still.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exigua Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:28 am

Purely OOC reasons. I started out RP as a Troll back in Wrath, and have got to know many people here over the years. I have a bunch of alliance characters that I have done more or less extensive RP with and have fleshed out backgrounds for. I just miss the people when on Ally, and also there's a lack of time to play the characters as much as they deserve.

I don't want to break of from the horde I know when learning to know the alliance better >.>

And character slots... Damn character slots. If it weren't for them I would long since have made a dual side pandaren. Problem is I only have -one- free slot, and no idea who I could delete or change... >.>
Exigua
Exigua

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Exigua wrote:And character slots... Damn character slots. If it weren't for them I would long since have made a dual side pandaren. Problem is I only have -one- free slot, and no idea who I could delete or change... >.>

It's worth it.

Trust me.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exigua Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Thelos wrote:It's worth it.

Trust me.

I'll probably love it when I do... I'm just not certain I can make myself delete my paladin, even though it's just 60ish. The other 9 I couldn't consider deleting. Potentially could change some to pandaren, but want a monk too and it's more convenient to have the same class... Decisions!
Exigua
Exigua

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:20 am

The Horde players are a bunch of twats.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:07 am

I hear that's also the case on Alliance side, so clearly the solution is to bring forth a third faction.

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 am

Norrian/Chezz wrote:The Horde players are a bunch of twats.
The only common denominator in all the experiences you will ever have is you.
If it seems like everybody else is a insuferable dick it may be more a indication of your general attitude and effect on people.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:29 am

Nimble/Oragg wrote:
Norrian/Chezz wrote:The Horde players are a bunch of twats.
The only common denominator in all the experiences you will ever have is you.
If it seems like everybody else is a insuferable dick it may be more a indication of your general attitude and effect on people.
Tell 'em, Oragg!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:39 am

Well i'd be interested overall, sure i'd be fun and all. But i guess lack of time to play more chars as it is would be a general reason. Got nuff people as it is!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 am

The Z wrote:Urrh, yeah. If Silvermoon has stayed similiar to what it used to be, you'll get as good of a picture of Horde RP from there, as you would get of Alliance RP by visiting Goldshire...or well, maybe not that bad, but still.
So a completely empty area?
Defias Goldshire is quite clean, there's usually at max like 5 people, if even that- there.
The reason we don't use it is because of the stigma, but honestly on Defias, it's quite safe to RP there. If you can look beyond the occasional lol'er.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:25 am

My bad, should've used past-tense about Goldshire as well. Last time I visited there was with a trial account years ago and it was something else entirely back then...

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:28 am

When I first re-rolled on defias brotherhood I took a trip down Goldshire way just to see what was there. Entire place was empty except for a couple of low level human questers turning in bear arses.

Now, Argent Dawn Goldshire, there's a spectacle and a half.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next