Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reason of dark guilds end.

+17
Coppersocket
John Silverweave
Axio
Zaraj
Melnerag
Thondalar Stormleaf
Buren
Thelos
Samian/Bismack
Lexgrad
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ledgic
Tuomas/Decurius
Drustai
erwtenpeller
Skarain
Littlepip
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The reason of dark guilds end. - Page 2 Empty Re: The reason of dark guilds end.

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 7:04 am

Look towards the Cult of the Damned & Twilight Hammer for inspiration on how to cultism, if you even read the lore you'll instantly understand that blatantly walking around and fighting people to show how tough you are is what people do who get killed very quickly.

True Cults infiltrate society, true Cult's place themselves so firmly into the fabrics of society that they become a part of it, and when they unveil their great plan - They tear apart the fabric of society.

The Cult of the Damned, pre-plague, is suggested in the lore pages to have been the largest religious following in Lordaeron, absolutely huge.

As for the Stormwind Council/Ironforge Senate/Silvermoon Council - There's a fine precedent to infiltrate a government organization and cause some chaos and the like, it's all about well, as said above, infiltration.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Cult_of_the_Damned

For three years Kel'Thuzad worked, preaching his new religion to the masses, promising them immortality and an ideal society free of all the burdens the existing one forced upon its citizenry. Many of Lordaeron's overworked laborers and disenfranchised masses were taken in by this charismatic individual, and willingly sold themselves into service to the Lich King. Kel'Thuzad also used his fortunes and those of his fellow Cult members to taint and corrupt men in positions of power, bringing them into the Cult through favors and gifts. Eventually, many of Lordaeron's northern towns were completely under the control of the Cult of the Damned and so, it became time for the Lich King to act.

Caer Darrow for example had the nobility sell themselves out completely to Kel'Thuzad, as an example, and only when a devastation effect (read above, tearing the fabric of society, was ensured) only then did they move on ahead with their plans.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Twilight's_Hammer_clan

For him to ascend to being a major faction leader, he must have been part of them for a long time: The Archbishop.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Twilight's_Hammer#Doomsday_Cult

The Twilight Hammer essentially adopts similar tactics to the Cult of the Damned (probably helps as it contains members of the Damned in it too) but aye, infiltration and the rising through echelons of society.

I think I've covered everything really.

Secrecy, secrecy and more secrecy. Such are the tools of any Cult that does not want to be rooted out any time soon.

Back to top Go down

The reason of dark guilds end. - Page 2 Empty Re: The reason of dark guilds end.

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri May 03, 2013 8:18 am

I like this post, it's got helpful tips for anyone starting up a dark guild.

On the topic of who "should" win--nobody, it's roleplay and it should be fun for both sides. I like the idea that it can be an ongoing thing. These days it takes a lot of ooc communication/coordination to get fair events running, but I like to think that it gives people fun/something to do. OOCly bad things WILL happen. Unpleasant but true. Ignore it, or learn from it, move on, focus on the positive!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Fri May 03, 2013 11:18 am

Thorvald wrote:
Coppersocket wrote:Interesting thread. I got nothing to add, but interesting.

Same.

Now to one of the things people seems to have missunderstood and that is "Capturing" Stormwind, most people seems to think that I meant taking it over with force, dragging an army of undeads and destroying buildings while I'm at it.

Thats not what I ment.

I were thinking on taking it over through diplomatic ways, maybe assassinating the current council for example. *Looks on drustai with a smug* Take it over through trade and "Payment."

Things like that.
Thorvald most of the time when people had problems RPing with you it was because Martha did the impossible.
She had skills and abilities no other DK could have and seemed to always make miraculous escapes.
(Btw this is not me bitching. This is me stating why).
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Fri May 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:I like this post, it's got helpful tips for anyone starting up a dark guild. OOCly bad things WILL happen. Unpleasant but true. Ignore it, or learn from it, move on, focus on the positive!

Thank you! For both the positive comment and the teaching of a master... ._.

Arabella Greene wrote: Thorvald most of the time when people had problems RPing with you it was because Martha did the impossible. She had skills and abilities no other DK could have and seemed to always make miraculous escapes.

And now I feel angry on myself again.. Why did you bring up that?
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri May 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Thorvald wrote:
Arabella Greene wrote: Thorvald most of the time when people had problems RPing with you it was because Martha did the impossible. She had skills and abilities no other DK could have and seemed to always make miraculous escapes.

And now I feel angry on myself again.. Why did you bring up that?

It just seems that completely corrupting and killing off the current council seems like an impossible task. You can't kill them off unless they let you and, well...that doesn't seem likely at all.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Dark guilds are dependent on the symbiosis of having good guys to fight, which is tiring because this symbiosis is not mutual, so to speak. A "good guy guild" will not be nearly as dependent on a dark guild because there are other aspects to their RP other than bashing evil doers. Bashing evil doers is but a foot-note.

This is not the case with dark guilds, because of the fact that people join dark guilds and make evil characters out of the desire for conflict, and to do actual evil stuff, ultimately regardless of the motive behind it. To do evil stuff, they need the good guys otherwise there is little point to it. For casual RP or developing characters, they'll log onto their alts/mains that is not focused on conflict, these mains often being in other guilds or even the good guy guild their alt is fighting.

For a dark guild to actually become alive beyond people logging in on their alts in said guild to do the evil deed of the month, you'd have to have characters within it that is not all about the conflict and can have RP within the guild on their own. This is an oxymoron, because conflict is essentially what a dark guild is all about and is the reason it has members and why its members log in. I.e it'll always be dependent on other guilds for RP and this will inevitably cause the guild to collapse.

The solution I say would be to not create a dark guild at all. Rather, create a guild that is not about conflict, but can still have disagreements/fights within themselves or other guilds. An example would perhaps be a Highborne guild that is not on the friendliest of terms with the rest of Kaldorei society, but is still not out there to actively harm it in a way a dark guild would. Another option is to have good guys make very powerful alts for short, temporary plots that essentially replaces the dark guild.
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Aye goodies one shotting and over running Dark covens is bad the eternal struggle must remained balanced or something like that
As the great phylosiphor Homer once said

spoiler][[/spoiler]
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2