Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums, Game and Buzz

+4
Raenmar
Arabella Greene
Ixirar
Melnerag
8 posters

Go down

How often do you translate Forum to Game, How often do you talk about RP of others?

Forums, Game and Buzz Vote_lcap12%Forums, Game and Buzz Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
Forums, Game and Buzz Vote_lcap33%Forums, Game and Buzz Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 11 ]
[ 4 ]
Forums, Game and Buzz Vote_lcap9%Forums, Game and Buzz Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Forums, Game and Buzz Vote_lcap21%Forums, Game and Buzz Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 33

Forums, Game and Buzz Empty Forums, Game and Buzz

Post by Melnerag Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 pm

After digging through my memories, I remembered some episodes from the past. I remember walking around Stormwind, and hearing people discuss Zaraj and his evil scheme. I remember walking into taverns and hearing people discuss how much they hate the Chapter. This is what I refer to as buzz, characters discussing other characters or events.

Another beast entirely is how Forums reflect on the game world. I cannot recall the stuff being posted on the forums being discussed in game. Even when we had player-run newspapers, I never once saw people discuss news. From my somewhat biased position and limited scope I can say that Wanted posters probably do best. Rumour Mill does the worst.

---

Enough introduction! Consider taking the poll to answer about your own behaviour when it comes to Buzz&Forum-Game translation.

Now something discussion-worthy.

I think that it is very important to create buzz, because it helps raise up the broader concept of RP and can create rumours and misunderstandings in a very real sense that affect RP. Buzz also encourages more RP, because if what you do is spoken about, it means it is acknowledged and at least to a filthy glorymonger such as myself acknowledgement is sweet as sugar. Buzz helps connect other people to the role-play, many events could not have happened if what led to them wasn't spoken about.

Forum-game translation is similar in many ways. I barely ever saw posters talked about IC. I think it will be helpfull if people did show greater reaction to what is happening on the forums, be it IC posters/proclamations or even posts in the Rumour Mill.

PS: This is also why I love Stormwind Council meeting. Once a week, big part of at least Stormwind community gathers together and gets to hear what others are doing or what is happening.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Forums, Game and Buzz Empty Re: Forums, Game and Buzz

Post by Ixirar Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 pm

If it adds to the story and is feasible for my char to know, then yes, I will use the forum info ingame.

I much prefer finding out stuff through IC means though. The forums are a secondary source for information, and I will only use it when I believe my char should know and he won't learn through strictly IC means.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:35 pm

If it's a poster or something that's been handed around then yes I count it as IC.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 pm

I RP in the North so I'm isolated from most of the IC stuff posted, but if I'd have a reason/method to find out and it'd interest my character, he'd talk about it.

A big part of forum stuff not affecting the game is most likely that the majority of RPers outside of DefiasRP that don't even know about it. More and more people are learning about LFRP and it's becoming more apparent how many people actually want to RP but they don't even know a community exists.

And yet, despite that, some people insist on posting things only on DefiasRP. The vast majority of out of game IC information is only seen by this little niche of the community that think they're the shit. A huge amount of people who would perhaps like access to that information and would use it as a topic of conversation in RP don't see it.

It's unfathomably retarded.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:53 pm

I think I have IC considered a poster.... twice or such. Whenever it actually had something in it that would mean something for my char. Usually it doesn't.

It makes for interesting fluff OOC, and to let you know where stuff is going on, but IC it's often unrelated to my chars.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Raenmar wrote:
And yet, despite that, some people insist on posting things only on DefiasRP. The vast majority of out of game IC information is only seen by this little niche of the community that think they're the shit. A huge amount of people who would perhaps like access to that information and would use it as a topic of conversation in RP don't see it.

It's unfathomably retarded.
This is where I'd highlight various points and then quote here and there, then make a joke with a slight insult in the midst. This is due to you always... always... bringing this same dull argument up time after time. This time...

If you don't like the forum: Fuck off.

EDIT: To answer the topic:
I speak of events in char if they're advertised/spoken of but I rarely bring them up unless they're big important things like a war council. I'd bring up a poster if it had relevance to the situation.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Events.

Events

Events.

My characters get a lot of ic info on where to be at what time for shit to go down from fora.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Personally, I always try to mention things during RP. If there is some event scheduled, I will try to mention it. Of course depends on the character I RP on. A thuggy character will praise the Fight Night, while a more conservative one will condemn it (but both will mention it).
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:05 pm

but would you show up to fight night, without anyone mentioning it to you In game?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:11 pm

Amaryl wrote:but would you show up to fight night, without anyone mentioning it to you In game?

Yes, if I am in the Cartel and it is on my calendar or it is on forums Event-section? Yep!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 pm

If it's on my calendar or otherwise I take it for granted that my characters has been made aware of said event through some mean.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 pm

If you don't like the forum: Fuck off.

I never know if you're retarded or if you're just trying to start an argument.

I think both.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 pm

You two can represent Defias Brotherhood in the special olympics. I will be team manager.

I also decided to vote, picked option 2 of both questions. I selectively choose what to take into my RP, so sometimes is the most accurate description. There is garbage posted sometimes and I don't take that IC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down