Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the magic community of Stormwind

+6
erwtenpeller
siegmund
Vaell
Sohan
Arabella Greene
John Silverweave
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To the magic community of Stormwind Empty To the magic community of Stormwind

Post by John Silverweave Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:53 am

Right then. I would like to ask what people would like to see within the magic community of Stormwind? I'm looking into doing events that will (hopefully) bring the community closer together. However I haven't been around on the server that long, so I do not know what has been done and what hasn't or their success rate. What would people like to see brought to the community of Stormwind? Would you like a academy of sorts set up (If there isn't one already) or perhaps just weekly or fortnightly meetings within the Wizards Sanctum to discuss magical related issues within the kingdom. What would you like to see done?
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

To the magic community of Stormwind Empty Re: To the magic community of Stormwind

Post by Arabella Greene Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:56 am

An alliance version of the Horde's weekly "Arcane Sanctum" would be cool.
Bella like many other magic users in the city love to blabber on about theories on magic.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

To the magic community of Stormwind Empty Re: To the magic community of Stormwind

Post by Sohan Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:11 am

Arabella Greene wrote:An alliance version of the Horde's weekly "Arcane Sanctum" would be cool.
I second this.

A weekly, or perhaps monthly, meeting where magic users are able to discuss about anything related to magic.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 am

Be warned, the magic community is a bit disjointed and a little tough to rally these days but there are still plenty of us around!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:26 pm

I have been thinking of doing something along the lines of this. I for one do love when I can get into deep discussions of lore of magic icly. If people are indeed wanting for a meeting then I shall try and set one up. Though this of course might take time for me to plan everything as well as get the announcements out.

In short I'll be getting on ahead and start planning for when this shall take place. If people have any ideas on what they'd like to see or have done then please step forwards.
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:33 am

http://www.wowpedia.org/Council_of_the_Black_Harvest

Of course i think one day there should be a warlock meeting! Before you go and say "CULTIST!" i mean of magic, lamb is a perfect place for those who are not trying to woop SWs behind.

Strictly sharing knowledge and experience as its been done lorewise, i think i'd be fun.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:36 am

Arabella Greene wrote:"Arcane Sanctum"
Arcane Conclave, and it's done monthly. The name was totally stolen from Drustai's Alliance arcane conclave.

The format seems to work less well on alliance side because of the hated for warlocks. It's very prone to resulting in a game of "slay the warlock" instead of talks about magic. If you're going to do this, a strict no-violence rule would be nice.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:39 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Arabella Greene wrote:"Arcane Sanctum"
Arcane Conclave, and it's done monthly. The name was totally stolen from Drustai's Alliance arcane conclave.

Was Vezullia's, not mine. I just was a regular attendee, and punched a Dalaran representative at one.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 am

Oooh...

I'm sorry. I just thought you where the boss of all magic.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:11 am

Make magic meeting and Sini will be there! Very Happy

Also, potential idea: Form a (non-guild perhaps) group of mages which one can join by simply asking you ICly that you as the minister could all for when mages are needed to solve IC problems of others, or we could even come up with our own problems for the sake of RP.

Example of such a situation:
Random person X informs the minister of magic that ancient writings have been discovered detailing the location of a mighty magical artifact of some kind. Evil cultists have stolen the writings and intend to claim the artifact for themselves but our scholars had copied the writings beforehand so we still have the info. The artifact must be found before the cultists get it!
At this point, the minister of magic calls forth for mages, in particular those who have volunteered to help ICly. And we go forth and get that artifact!
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 am

Sorayah wrote:Also, potential idea: Form a (non-guild perhaps) group of mages which one can join by simply asking you ICly that you as the minister could all for when mages are needed to solve IC problems of others, or we could even come up with our own problems for the sake of RP.
That's a very good idea, I like it! Very Happy
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Oooooo!
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 pm

If people are indeed wanting something like this then I can use the "meeting of arcane minds" to set up a group of Alliance Magi under the Academy of Arcane Arts and Sciences. Though this might take a while for my toon to get around icly, so a couple of weeks might be needed before I can set anything up.

In regards to "slay the warlocks". Try not to! Silverweave as some may know, has also practiced and studied the arts of demonic magic and shadow, so it's a topic close to his heart. Though while these days he trys to stay away from such, due to his position, he will indeed be trying to set something up for the warlocks of the alliance. However before I can try to do this I need to build up trust icly. But I will try and get around to it at some point, when I cannot say at this moment however.
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:38 pm

WOOOO, Bella may even like John S....if you're lucky Razz
Not too long ago she was planning to "off" him. Wink
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Well Dothan doesn't really like him either. But doesn't know him much either so who knows!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:45 pm

People always want to "off" me...I want to "off" them. We need to "off" each other...By "off" I hope we mean harm/ try to kill. If it's something else then it's a whole different ball game!
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Ha! Yes I do mean kill. I hope you didn't expect some sexy, sexy times Razz
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 pm

"I can dream, Harold!" But, m'yes! Good to have those who oppose me. Makes for fun role play. I like challenges!
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Pfft, she only hates him because he publicly accused her of dark magic. Which in her books is a big no, no.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:39 pm

No killing! Sad
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Stab me, I burn you. Hug me, I'll bake you cookies!
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:59 pm

I do like cookies!
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 pm

THEN LET'SA BE BES' FRIENDS! \0/
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Bookclubs are for puny men!
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 pm

You should make a magical society working on all kinds of crazy schemes that go wrong. For instance, trying to make Arcane Guardian patrol SW as 'Ideal Superguard'. Then have it break down and cause havoc. Instant RP Very Happy
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next