Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sexuality in WoW

+39
Muzjhath
siegmund
Rargnasha
Calisar
Buren
Thondalar Stormleaf
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Raenmar
Arabella Greene
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Quin
Emrys
Nessra Sunwhisper
Sabien
Solanum
Grim
Shaelyssa
Melnerag
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kittrina
Darilas
Thrakha
Dréfurion
Seranita
Drustai
Tyrós/Cále
Lexgrad
Ixirar
Cid
Xen-tau
Lavian
EShadowsong
Sullee Swiftspeech
Vaell
Coppersocket
Gogol
Grufftoof
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
43 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sexuality in WoW - Page 9 Empty Re: Sexuality in WoW

Post by Lexgrad Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Vaell wrote:I'm pretty sure Warcraft has never said where black people came from.

That is my point Vaell. They come from SW, Lordaeron, Stromgarde ect.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:03 am

Lexgrad wrote:
Vaell wrote:I'm pretty sure Warcraft has never said where black people came from.

You're doing the same thing by assuming they come from SW, Lordaeron and Stromgarde. Tanaris is actually more logical due to the much hotter climate.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:20 am

indeed.. it is a biological fact realy.. the dark colour is the rising of colourd pygments in the skin that absorb the more powerfull heat and rays from the sun thus to reduce damage caused to the body itself thus those from generations past oin hoter climates get steadily darker whilst those living in the arctic circles get paler.. simple biochemestry and bio physics.. this is also the same reason why people get tans.. the tan is an increace in pigmentation of ones skin to absorb more harmfull uv rays from the sun (also form hotter climates)

Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:24 am

Soooo... Sexuality people.

What are your opinions of those who RP the opposite sex?

I am a female, I have mostly female chars, but my second main is a male which I enjoy RP'ing. I find that a lot of people are okay when a female RP a male, but find it odd that a male can RP a female. Why is that? Opinions.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 am

Simaria wrote:I find that a lot of people are okay when a female RP a male, but find it odd that a male can RP a female. Why is that? Opinions.

Could be the rather "weird" feeling some may get? I tried to RP a female Dwarf once, didn't quite work out for me. Not because of the avatar (Dwarf women are sexy Wink ), but I simply couldn't get into the character per se due to it being female among male Dwarves, I just kept falling back into the male point of view.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 am

When RP'ing on either this or my female main I don't really give much thought if any to the gender of the pilot.I'm never OOC so RL gender doesnt come into it for me.
I find it a bit odd when two males roll females only to go into a lesbian relationship though.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 am

Hm, my Paladin and Monk are female. But i don't really give it too much thought, i mean sure the male version would be diffrent in quite a few more ways. But at the end of the day i wouldn't RP them that much diffrently. Since i focus on personality more than gender and both sides do have some things in common anyhow. But i add maybe a touch of something from the gender.

Then again i don't feel like going and asking how to RP one gender Very Happy though so far no one really complained or gave opinion on that.

As for the general topic:
Well I tend to not really go too deep into this on my chars, i just pick the generic, man likes woman etc. But that's just my RP, never really had any intrest to do something else.

But things tend to happen IC a lot on Sexuality, topics or so arise sometimes, which can end up in funny situations or comments.

Also I remmember the time when Monny was teasing some people in Pandaria. I remember laughing a lot when most backed away but Pao just watched and drooled all over the floor.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:55 am

Simaria wrote:Soooo... Sexuality people.

I am a female, I have mostly female chars, but my second main is a male which I enjoy RP'ing. I find that a lot of people are okay when a female RP a male, but find it odd that a male can RP a female. Why is that? Opinions.
... I was told girls didn't game! :'l

I think a male RPing a female isn't a much farther stretch than a skinny 14 year old who (excellently) RP's a muscled war veteran. We RP for different reasons, sometimes escapism sometimes for fun (lol-like behaviour) and so forth.
What does it matter what we RP? IC is IC. OOC is OOC. Mixing those two up is just stupid... imo.

On the black/white thing. It might be more relevant to ask where did the white people come from? You see, all our distant ancestors were black. Maybe the same is true for WOW and some people adapted to their milder climate and some didn't. Then again that is assuming Azeroth's species evolve. I'm no lore buff, but werent many of that species made by god-like fellas?
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:59 am

Sullee Swiftspeech wrote:
Simaria wrote:Soooo... Sexuality people.

... I was told girls didn't game! :'l

I think a male RPing a female isn't a much farther stretch than a skinny 14 year old who (excellently) RP's a muscled war veteran. We RP for different reasons, sometimes escapism sometimes for fun (lol-like behaviour) and so forth.
What does it matter what we RP? IC is IC. OOC is OOC. Mixing those two up is just stupid... imo.

On the black/white thing. It might be more relevant to ask where did the white people come from? You see, all our distant ancestors were black. Maybe the same is true for WOW and some people adapted to their milder climate and some didn't. Then again that is assuming Azeroth's species evolve. I'm no lore buff, but werent many of that species made by god-like fellas?

We come from the Vrykul, who were struck by the Curse of Flesh, they were originally Iron Vrykul. Similar to how Dwarves are earthen who were curse of fleshed.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:21 am

Vaell wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

You're doing the same thing by assuming they come from SW, Lordaeron and Stromgarde. Tanaris is actually more logical due to the much hotter climate.
And you're missing the fact that according to blizzard Lore there were no Humans in Kalimdor until the third war. So black people are far more likely to come from tribes in Stranglethorne/The Black Morass.

As for sexuality. Just do it! *Cackles*
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:27 am

It took some time for me to get comfortable with playing a character of my own gender. I've always rolled female characters in games when it's possible.

I have a very strong need to put something sexy and flirty in m characters. I suppose that's just easier on a female character.

On skin color:
If you want to create a background story for your brown-skinned god that he came from Tanaris, just do it. This discussion won't go anywhere. Do you know why? Because world of Warcraft has black humans simply because humans need different customizable skin colors, just like purple elves and green orcs. That's it. There's not any other reason.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:53 am

Vangrel and Lexgrad should kiss, the sexual tension between them is immense!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:46 am

I am a woman and RP both male and female characters. I enjoy playing males more because it's more different from my RL I guess. I tend to get bored with my female chars sooner. Somehow they always end up as being more conventional, less flamboyant or controversial, and more goody-two-shoes like.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:54 am

My main, and my second most commonly rp'd toons are boys, like me. Except bigger and greener.
I see nothing wrong with boys roleplaying female characters, or vice versa. The character I've most enjoyed rping was a female, but unfortunately she died!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:01 am

Grim wrote:she died!
Happened to my two lovely girls as well Sad
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:18 pm

I don't RP female chars because the mind of a woman is far too complex. I actually, in all honesty, find it too easy to decipher between a male rping a female and a female rping a female because most males don't do a very good job. They're rather too giggly (which I do find a little weird) or too "Independant, strong, gets-the-job done, not afraid of no man no-no!"

I find men who RP women that flirt/ERP with other men a bit weird. No one is so immersed that they're in the mind of a woman entirely. They know what they're doing!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:46 pm

I only roleplay female characters, so yeah, I also stick to my gender. I have tried roleplaying a male, but it did not feel quite right.

And agree with Vaell that 9 out 10 times (if not more) it is incredibly obvious the lady is a dude. The few that are not as noticeable usually act quite girly OOC as well however. I've experienced guys in guildchat that were so very bubbly and gigglish, they made me feel manly.

Again, good RPers probably now how to pull it off, but in the vast majority of cases I think people are better off RPing their own gender if they want to make it believable. Smile
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:57 pm

what?!?!? thats so incredibly sexist!!!!!!! not all women act the same in the same way that not all men act the same!!!!!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:57 pm

"Again, good RPers probably now how to pull it off, but in the vast majority of cases I think people are better off RPing their own gender if they want to make it believable."

It also depends on what situation you are RPing. I've been RPing many characters, male -and- female. And I know that although I probably can do female character right, there are cases where I would fail.

However, I think that when you RP a male character nobody is particularly putting a magnifying glass on you and scrutinizing how manly you are. At least, nobody is expecting you to be stereotypically male all the time. There is that underlying assumption that females DO have to be 'stereotypically female' all the time.

I admit that there are some things that solidly belong in male or female territory, and it would be outright creepy to see a guy/girl do something that belongs to the domain of another sex. But the grey region between is very large. Sure, some things are more girly/manly but it wouldn't be out of place to see the wrong gender do them.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:04 pm

I think the ones who pull it off best are exactly those who focus more on the role and personality of the char itself, rather than it's gender, as Siegmund put it.

I don't mind people playing as the opposite gender, I know some who do it well. But I do raise an eyebrow every time I see a male playing a promiscuous lesbian. (So many!)
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't mind people playing as the opposite gender, I know some who do it well. But I do raise an eyebrow every time I see a male playing a promiscuous lesbian. (So many!)

I find offense at this statement considering Vangrel's sexual orientation and demand you rescind it!

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Meh. Lesbians are sexy.

I know if a couple of girls that play gay dudes as well.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:09 pm

I know. I'm not talking about just being a lesbian though. I'm talking about those who hunt legs all day and are very obviously not female IRL.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Allonia_Miral wrote:I'm talking about those who hunt legs all day.
XD Quote of the century!
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:52 pm

I've been told in the past that I pull off a pre-menstrual Woman very convincingly.

I guess for me its less about genders and sexuality than it is what makes the character tick. What facet of me am I portraying?

My caring side complete with my aggression and defensiveness when I feel things I care for are threatened?

My lusty, greedy, and wicked side? The part of me that always wants to be on top socially and otherwise.

Or my cathartic yet emotionally insecure side who just longs to be cared for.

Gender and sexuality? Pah. They're just addons to my characters. With the exception of gender for one, they're not a part of my character.

(Erwt already brought up Raenes history in an earlier post about female Druids.)
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum