Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IC taken OOC

+22
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Samian/Bismack
Drustai
Xen-tau
Lexgrad
Allonia_Miral
Solanum
Amaryl
Fyffe
erwtenpeller
Raene
Grim
Thelos
Thondalar Stormleaf
Buren
Darilas
Sullee Swiftspeech
Arabella Greene
Raenmar
Vaell
Ledgic
Emrys
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

IC taken OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: IC taken OOC

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Urgent News flash:
/giggle is now an offensive term.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Drustai wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:I hate when people respond to using /eyeroll. Seems a v lazy emote and it is often used as a critic of RP.

... seriously? You don't like people using /eyeroll? I eyeroll all the time IRL, so why shouldn't my characters? Lol. If you do something stupid IC, and people /eyeroll (or /facepalm, or whatever), that's not a 'critique of RP', it's a critique of your character's actions.

Simple emotes are not "lazy". If they are adequately describing the character's actions, then they've done their job. KISS.

/eyeroll>Lexgrad

I cant really find any examples as I do not save most of my RP, but I have seen it used as I discribe. Trouble is IC//ooc stuff is toxic and often as a third party you can not see the line (and those who do IC//ooc will deny it anyway). Guess just not getting up tight about it is best, then again it still hurts RP when it happens.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Then your problem isn't the emote, your problem is with people refusing to separate IC and OOC.

The emote is legitimate and fine when used ICly. Using it or other emotes (both slash commands and custom) purely to OOCly "emote snipe" someone is not.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:08 pm

I hate /peer with a passion, but that is just personal preference

I also dont think when you jump on accident you need an emote to clearify that your char didnt jump, I also dont think you need to correct your typos if such as "Bismack puts his hand in the vookiejar" I'm pretty sure its obvious to people what Bismack put his hand in

The IC being taken OOCly happends alot with guards aswell, people think we're just out to end their char or lock their chars away for years so they have nothing to do, but in order to make sense ICly I have to be a hardass ICly, if someone murders someone I cant have my char go, oh well thats fine just dont do it again because I'm trying to be a nice oocly.

In the end making sense is most important to me and if there are misunderstandings a bit of whispering tends to fix things
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Yeah what Mackie-doodle said.
If people are staying in character. Why take offense?
And if you are offended, whisper them.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:I hate /peer with a passion, but that is just personal preference

I also dont think when you jump on accident you need an emote to clearify that your char didnt jump, I also dont think you need to correct your typos if such as "Bismack puts his hand in the vookiejar" I'm pretty sure its obvious to people what Bismack put his hand in

The IC being taken OOCly happends alot with guards aswell, people think we're just out to end their char or lock their chars away for years so they have nothing to do, but in order to make sense ICly I have to be a hardass ICly, if someone murders someone I cant have my char go, oh well thats fine just dont do it again because I'm trying to be a nice oocly.

In the end making sense is most important to me and if there are misunderstandings a bit of whispering tends to fix things

There is ooc probs with locks and evil rp, but I have never seen it from the guards.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:22 pm

I cant really find any examples as I do not save most of my RP, but I have seen it used as I discribe. Trouble is IC//ooc stuff is toxic and often as a third party you can not see the line (and those who do IC//ooc will deny it anyway). Guess just not getting up tight about it is best, then again it still hurts RP when it happens.

Pretty much this. I use it a fair bit myself, but always IC. I've seen people use it OOC to criticise/mock, so I usually end up getting all self-conscious when someone I don't often RP with uses it towards me ;_;

But yeah, that is an issue with taking IC OOC. The emote itself is fine, and I use it without any OOC intent.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:43 pm

If you ever play with me in the future Lex and my character eye rolls.
Assume it will be in character Smile
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:44 pm

I know that we have a few rl psychologist on the realm. I propose that a board is made for therapy for people who cant separate ic and ooc. I think there is somewhere a medical condition where you think your toon is you and vise versa. Oh found it. Scizo-delusio-role-play.

Symptoms in real life
1 Introducing yourself as Sir Dawnbringer for example or anything you use for a toon name.
2 Running around in RL wearing a wizard robe or even sword and armor or whatever your toon wears, screaming " for the alliance" or "For the horde."
3 Calling the cops and requesting they give someone a ticket because they grieved you in real life.
4. Before doing something you think to yourself /e (spacebar)
5. Ignoring people who don't seem to be role players or people who say letters like wtf, asp, lol, etc instead of the real words.
6 While hunting after firing a bullet you yell "Gun Shot."
This list can go on forever I believe these are the most common

IC symptoms
1 Engaging in acts and scenes of ERP.

This is far worse than the above symptoms.
If anyone you know falls within this category of loony toons stay far away, it is contagious when you are single.
People in real relationships have nothing to fear and do not need to take per-cautions from these loony toons.

I must be in a good mood, time to come on one of my death knights and bring chaos and terror to the living muahahahahhaha.
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:48 pm

I think IRL//IC is another important rule yes Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:01 am

Samian/Bismack wrote:

Yeah, I get a lot of people who will complain about the guards. "These guys are such jerks" etc, OOCly. I have to point out to them that it's just roleplay, and that you guys are always great OOC. I say it in game and I'll say it here, if you get arrested or something and think Regiment is being ridiculous, whisper them, they're great folks and they will help you out OOCly. People seem to forget that it's only RP. Sad

On a sidenote, I personally wind up correcting EVERYTHING in emote, typo-wise, and I am also a perpetrator of the "did not jump," but it doesn't break my immersion when others do it and I'm a bit OCD about it xD
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 am

Feral / Blackfall wrote:Yeah, I get a lot of people who will complain about the guards. "These guys are such jerks" etc, OOCly. I have to point out to them that it's just roleplay, and that you guys are always great OOC.

Love you too Oli! <3
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:59 am

There is also a monumental difference between confusing character and player intent, and people who use their characters to fuel or intentionally harass somebody because of an OOC feud. If you "do" suspect somebody is conducting themselves in this manner towards you, it's best to discuss it with them; and if they're a jerk about it - you probably don't want to hang around them either.

Had enough blow ups of drama over the last six years to know that.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:
Samian/Bismack wrote:

Yeah, I get a lot of people who will complain about the guards. "These guys are such jerks" etc, OOCly. I have to point out to them that it's just roleplay, and that you guys are always great OOC. I say it in game and I'll say it here, if you get arrested or something and think Regiment is being ridiculous, whisper them, they're great folks and they will help you out OOCly. People seem to forget that it's only RP. Sad

On a sidenote, I personally wind up correcting EVERYTHING in emote, typo-wise, and I am also a perpetrator of the "did not jump," but it doesn't break my immersion when others do it and I'm a bit OCD about it xD

Like Feral say, poor guards take a lot of shit OOC by whiners, and to be honest, 99% of the guards are -great- people! My chars deal quite often with the guards, and people claiming ooc that they are corrupt ooc is just sad.

I RP a evil cultist who would love killing you. I play a druid who would die saving your life. I try to be polite to people OOC at all times, weather I am gonna crush your head, or give you flowers.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:27 pm

I've never see the necessity to OOCly be all loves and cuddles with people you're RPing with.

It's RP, most of the time you don't even need OOC communication.

As well as that, playing all nice in /w while murdering their character shouldn't play a role on them being more accepting of you doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:playing all nice in /w while murdering their character shouldn't play a role on them being more accepting of you doing it.
Sometimes it does. I have experienced this in the past, both OOC communication when killing my character and no communication OOC whatsoever, and personally the time me and the murderer had a pleasant whisper conversation during the deed I felt more accepting of me losing my character than when no communication was used at all. Because to me, it felt like the person didn't want to do it OOC but the recent IC events leading up to the murdering required it.
Maybe that's just me?
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Sohan wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:playing all nice in /w while murdering their character shouldn't play a role on them being more accepting of you doing it.
Sometimes it does. I have experienced this in the past, both OOC communication when killing my character and no communication OOC whatsoever, and personally the time me and the murderer had a pleasant whisper conversation during the deed I felt more accepting of me losing my character than when no communication was used at all. Because to me, it felt like the person didn't want to do it OOC but the recent IC events leading up to the murdering required it.
Maybe that's just me?

It's not just you. I would MUCH prefer to be on good terms--even briefly, and with no past--with a person I'm killing or being killed by. There's negative emotion associated with losing a long-standing RP char imo, despite the lack of link we're meant to have with our characters emotionally--unless there's good RP around it, and part of that is often a good relationship with the people you are dealing with. I'd rather be laughing good-naturedly OOC during something like that, even if the RP itself is quite serious.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Coriadess Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:05 am

Some people are just dickwads, IC and OOC yet think they are not.
Coriadess
Coriadess

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: