Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP-PvP guild problem.

+4
Kozgugore Feraleye
Drustai
Gilran
Shevillson
8 posters

Go down

RP-PvP guild problem. Empty RP-PvP guild problem.

Post by Shevillson Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Hey people. Me and a friend will soon make a RP-PvP guild which will be a Horde military guild,using guerrilla tactics, and it will mostly work in secret. Our issue here is that it is only two of us, I tried making IC posters on the IC section of the forums but only two people wrote IC replies to join. It wasn't a proper recruitment thread because we don't have a guild yet, it was an attempt to gather more people before the guild is made, because we wouldn't want to start the guild with only 2 people. We'd like to have about 5-6 people before we begin.

So I'm wondering if someone has any advice for me, where to look for people. Maybe I should give out all the information about the guild concept? I didn't want to reveal things at all before the guild was formed, and then I'd pretty much give out all the information on a proper recruitment thread.
Shevillson
Shevillson

Character sheet
Name: Eldritch Moore
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

RP-PvP guild problem. Empty Re: RP-PvP guild problem.

Post by Gilran Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:20 pm

I would purpose on making the guild first by using non-rpers and other folks just for the sake of its creation. After that, you kick the non-rpers out and start with propaganda. You want to use all the tools available for recruiting, which would be realm forums, trade chat and DefiasRP.

Another good method of gaining starting members is to ask here on the forums if somebody would be willing to donate an alt in order to establish the core of the guild, then you want go with IC recruiting people by whispering guildless people if they are interested in RP and then you present them your guild's concept in short amount of words.
This might be the best thing to start with, to gain some people to establish the core of the guild.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shevillson Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks for the advice. Well, if anyone wants to donate an alt, you're welcome.

I wanted to gather a few people before making the guild, and I'd begin my 'propaganda' afterwards. Seems like making a guild first is my best option, you're not the only one who told me that.
Shevillson
Shevillson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Try going through the official DB realm forums rather than just DefiasRP, if you haven't. You won't attract new players from DefiasRP, only alts. If you really want to snag new players, you'll want to use the official forums.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shevillson Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Thanks. We'll form the guild with 3 people and start the recruitment, we've agreed to settle for a small guild with a dedicated core rather than going for a big guild which seems impossible to us right now.
Shevillson
Shevillson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I personally wouldn't recommend inviting non-RPers just for the sake of fattening your guild roster, as they could stain your guild's reputation as a provider of RP should any of these members end up doing something horribly OOCish. That could cost you potential RP recruits in the end. Other than that, I'd say just kick off the concept and see if it develops itself. Just make sure it offers a broad enough spectrum for a different variety of characters to join if you want it to become something big instead of a niche guild.

Also, don't expect to grow all that big right away. Those kind of things take time, especially on a server where similar guilds have already settled in, so gaining a foothold could prove difficult. While you're a smaller guild, you could try sticking along with a bigger one to help carry your own, smaller one. This could allow you to get involved in bigger kind of campaigns or events even if you're still relatively small as a guild, while still getting your own, little place in the spotlight.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Strive for consistency with quality, rather than chaos with quantity.

That is all I really have to say. Good luck though!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shevillson Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:33 am

Thanks everyone.
Shevillson
Shevillson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:54 am

Sure would be cool if there was random Horde attack IC sometimes.. Would make it interesting especially up in the North.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shevillson Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 am

That's probably what we'll go for. Unexpected attacks near the borders, although we won't be in the Eastern Kingdoms at the beginning.
Shevillson
Shevillson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 am

Do keep in mind that the amount of RPers that are actually fond of PvP to an extent that they'll cap Conquest Points is limited. ^^" And those that are interested are often already in a guild, we have a few enthusiasts in Vengeful, there's also some scattered around in the Shatterskulls, OotRB and Vile Thorn and likely some others. Plus I can immagine those that are VERY good at PvP will decide to join an actual PvP guild because that will offer more possibilities for them. (Between RPPvP guilds doing an RBG usually becomes an inter-guild thing if you want to maintain any sort of workable setup)
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Shevillson Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Emrys wrote:Do keep in mind that the amount of RPers that are actually fond of PvP to an extent that they'll cap Conquest Points is limited. ^^" And those that are interested are often already in a guild, we have a few enthusiasts in Vengeful, there's also some scattered around in the Shatterskulls, OotRB and Vile Thorn and likely some others. Plus I can immagine those that are VERY good at PvP will decide to join an actual PvP guild because that will offer more possibilities for them. (Between RPPvP guilds doing an RBG usually becomes an inter-guild thing if you want to maintain any sort of workable setup)

You don't have to be good at PvP to be in a RP-PvP guild, it's a RP guild which will engage in RP-PvP events that happen every now and then on this server, and will not run away from PvP. There's many RP-PvP guilds on the server and all their members aren't necessarily great PvPers, although some are.
Shevillson
Shevillson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Plus I can immagine those that are VERY good at PvP will decide to join an actual PvP guild because that will offer more possibilities for them.
I know Gladiators that are in RP guilds. Suspect
But yeah, it's usually like that.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down