Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diary of Coppersocket

+86
Augustus
kelstena
Grim
hydramez
Baji
Rainborn
Samian/Bismack
Shadesprocket
Ferbian Gormaine
Eldiros
Brigs Morgan
Xavalis
kal thas
Urièl
Nare
Garrett
Terenus
Valestrion
Officer High Morale
Adry
Drustai
Iriel Silversong
Jeanpierre
Bradley
Zaraj
Ledgic
Ara
Weird guy
Halya
Dréfurion
Tollir
Krogon Devilstep
Antistia
Sarandus
Fyffe
Charlie Blazesong
CrusaderElly
Rin-Lin
Ruby
Demurral
Izzifix
Kittrina
Sanara
Paia/Jenit
Vardrek/Burgen
Zinkle Figgins
Lavian
Amaryl
Muzjhath
Eve
Grufftoof
Helmut
Shaelyssa
Beladon
Azmariel
Quin
Broncrast
Bakar
Tuomas/Decurius
Zalissa
Sullee Swiftspeech
Lini
Seranita
Littlepip
erwtenpeller
Sohan
Sorayah
Coppersocket
Thelos
Cathee Norris
Cid
Raene
Cemdor
Ixirar
EShadowsong
Chase - Esou
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Arabella Greene
Lexgrad
Anivitas
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Vaell
Gogol
Skarain
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
90 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Diary of Coppersocket Empty Diary of Coppersocket

Post by Coppersocket Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:59 am

Index
Entry One (Keep reading below)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So I transfered my Monk over to AD today to try and... uh... "correct" the server.
By correcting, I mean I start bugging everyone that's RPing a whiteknight, demon or whatever, and set them straight through simple lore logic.

Though while it may not interest some of you, it may or may not interest some other of you.

My first addition to this is quite barebone unfortunately tho, as I got her over at 5 in the morning.
So far I've:

Contacted a Night Elf that was a demon in disguise that had the description that her character would "attract males", questioning if that applied to males with ALL TASTES or not, and enlightened her that it'd be completely impossible for her character to be in Stormwind.
Ignore count: 1

Then I found a Gnome and a Pandaren speaking of frolicking, which I oh so lovely butted into and told them that, that was not the way of Gnomes. That Gnomes are efficient creatures, and that frolicking should be against their nature (THis comes across as a lot harsher than it was, here- This was all IC btw, wasn't shitting on anyone OOCly, neither deserved it.), had a generally Coppersocket'y chat where she explains that finding a partner that understands time efficiency and is only there for the bare minimum of what is required to have children, should be highly valued by anyone.
We then switched over to Copper's views of life, how she believes that Gnomes should not be happy due to the harsh circumstances they're in, and that anyone who is, has mostly lost their cause.

We spoke more about Copper's philosophy, one that the Old Coppersocket had, before Nifty's influences.

Once I realized how much the clock was, I bid goodbye to the Pandaren (as the Gnome quickly left as I started preaching), and while I was doing that a male Gnome with a eyepatch walks up and stands infront of Copper. Asking him to get out of her sight, he simply walks behind her. Then she properly proceeds to bid the Pandaren farewell, and starts to leave... Just to be followed by said Gnome. After a short while she turns to question his behavior, given the answer that "they're just heading in the same direction."... Bullshit.
So continue to walk, from the Cathedral District to the Dwarven District, to the Miner Street in the Dwarven District (where the Miner trainer is, and Cartel's old hideout) she manages to sneak into one of the bushes by the tree before he notices her. He proceeds to start asking the rats (what the hell?) about her position, and is misdirected (as he's just being nuts) starts looking for her around corners, then leaves. So Copper jumps out of the bush and starts walking towards the Tram... But in my camera I notice. Fuck. He's following.
Take a longer route towads the tram, he continues to follow, all the way into the Tram. Missing the first Tram as I OOCly felt it'd be rude just to take the tram and not give him a chance to react.

So Copper walks over to the second station, and she notices him as she turns around. The second tram comes, she 'walks up on it', and as soon as it starts to depart, she falls down under it, he unfortunately realizes her idea to get rid of him, and jumps down, but a bit later than she did, so she had distance. Able to outrun him, she gets out of the tram region as fast as possible, and as soon as she comes out of the tunnel she takes a quick left, and hides behind the tree beside the entrance. This time, the Gnome actually fell for it and believed he lost her.
Without waiting, Copper rushed for the Tram, and bam. Was rid of him.

Quite an eventful two hours, was way more fun than I though it'd be, at least from a IC perspective.
The reason I planted Copper, and not a new character, is because of Copper's complete cock of an attitude towards people she disagree with. (Which is quite many)
She's the perfect character for this kind of behavior because she's completely remorseless about telling people what she thinks. Plus, I love my Coppersocket. She's very precious to me.

I'm just playing Copper as I would, in any normal situation. Perhaps even removed some of her powers to give her a even weaker physical body than before.
So far, AD has already proven to be a lot lower quality than Defias. But I've only seen Cathedral Square so far. I intend to travel all over Azeroth.
Time to figure out just how bad this server really is, since people keep trash talking it. Never been on it myself, so this is a virgin journey into the shit stain known as Argent Dawn.

I'll post here whenever I take my time to actually play her. I might play her a bit here and there for the coming days, but my time will still mostly be spent on DB.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Sat May 24, 2014 2:28 pm; edited 15 times in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Diary of Coppersocket Empty Re: Diary of Coppersocket

Post by siegmund Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:58 am

Bullshit

I laughed to near death right here. Interesing, good luck on your journey of "Correction".
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 am

You're a terrible person, copper, but a funny one. Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:13 am

Will be interesting to follow your adventures there, good or bad! Looking forward to it.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:14 pm

I like this! Looking forward to hear what other people Copper will encounter in her journey through AH.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Brilliant.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Duskwood on AD is actually pretty good RP. In fact, I'd say some of the quality there has proven to be better than some over on DB.

EDIT: I can't quite grasp why people aren't capable of RPing on both servers. AD has a lot more variety and larger groups, DB has a better structure and community. It's like basement nerds arguing with library nerds!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:44 pm

ohh this is interesting.. to prove and disprove ad rp'ers on this.. this diary is going to be an entertaining rad for sure Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:14 pm

Vaell wrote:EDIT: I can't quite grasp why people aren't capable of RPing on both servers. AD has a lot more variety and larger groups, DB has a better structure and community. It's like basement nerds arguing with library nerds!

No, this is simply a laugh. Take a load of your act.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:25 pm

This will be interesting Smile
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:57 pm

Gogol wrote:
Vaell wrote:EDIT: I can't quite grasp why people aren't capable of RPing on both servers. AD has a lot more variety and larger groups, DB has a better structure and community. It's like basement nerds arguing with library nerds!

Agreed. Keep them coming, Coppersocket. This reminds me a bit of Dorik's Misadventures, hilarious to read. Very Happy
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:58 pm

... Right...
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Gogol wrote:

No, the first part is for laughs. Then you have lines like...
So far, AD has already proven to be a lot lower quality than Defias. But I've only seen Cathedral Square so far. I intend to travel all over Azeroth.
Time to figure out just how bad this server really is, since people keep trash talking it.
His intention is to mock.

Fair enough, find silly RPers and laugh at them but that isn't the only point of the thread. There are a lot of people on this server that have a go at AD and vice versa just because they're supporting their server. It's fucking sad.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:38 pm

Of course there is good RP on AD, I doubt copper would refuse that. This thread is about documenting the weirdness one may encounter on a high population realm.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Those are some tight buttcheeks you have Vaell.

Ever tried visiting Goldshire?Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Defias Brotherhood was rather similar to Argent Dawn in years past, and still is; it's just more reserved and perhaps secretive?

Good read Copper! I too have been a victim of the Badass Street-Walkers who are incapable of walking around you, and have to start a little fight in the street over their inability to turn left or right and curve around you.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:55 pm

I will document both the good and the bad. The RP I had with the Pandaren, while brief, was enjoyable. So was the stalking Gnome, despite it's weirdness. I had a fun morning.

This'll be my journey on a unknown server, however putting up a negative front, is much more enjoyable from a readers perspective, and that's partially why I'm there too. I'm going to see just how bad this is. Do note however, I've not read past the first three chapters of the first book of Game of Thrones, so the rumored Arathi Game of Thrones ripoff, will probably not get noticed by me. I've intended to read through the first book, but honestly, it's so damn slow and uninteresting so far.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Coppersocket wrote:I will document both the good and the bad. The RP I had with the Pandaren, while brief, was enjoyable. So was the stalking Gnome, despite it's weirdness. I had a fun morning.

This'll be my journey on a unknown server, however putting up a negative front, is much more enjoyable from a readers perspective, and that's partially why I'm there too. I'm going to see just how bad this is. Do note however, I've not read past the first three chapters of the first book of Game of Thrones, so the rumored Arathi Game of Thrones ripoff, will probably not get noticed by me. I've intended to read through the first book, but honestly, it's so damn slow and uninteresting so far.

I would heavily suggest you make a Horde character, and try your experiment there as well; perhaps on a Goblin or such. Entirely different atmosphere (but avoid Silvermoon like the plague, usually it's just a joke but AD SMC is TERRIFYING).
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Those are some tight buttcheeks you have Vaell.

Ever tried visiting Goldshire?Wink
I know why yours is so loose, but lets strap ourselves of all worries and look to Copper's post:

I'm a fan of both servers now, as I've found some incredibly fun rp on both. I'm just pointing out that it's retarded of people to get all anti-AD as the initial post had in its later half. Then all the "DB for life" crew jumped on the bandwagon.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:44 pm

Coppersocket wrote: I've intended to read through the first book, but honestly, it's so damn slow and uninteresting so far.

*Head explodes*

On topic xD Enjoyed your post, good laugh, I was thinking about under taking a similar tour of AD, just to actually see what's not! For now however, I shall keep an eye on this thread and enjoy xD
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:11 pm

If only AD did this on DB! They'd found our glorious amount of excellent RP that'd make any screen-play writer drool...
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:16 pm

Sullee Swiftspeech wrote:If only AD did this on DB! They'd found our glorious amount of excellent RP that'd make any screen-play writer drool...

XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:24 am

This was a shortlived day. So I decided to go back to Cathedral during the more active hours right..?

Baaad... Baaad choice.
I felt overwhelmed by the amount of people. It became too much for me to handle, and I felt horrible for just being in the same region as them.

However, I did find someone who apparently found a way to expression to quiet on her face. I'm unsure how this works.

I'll have to take it in smaller doses for now I think.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:58 am

I am SO following this thread! XD
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet