Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th)

+10
Drustai
Krogon Devilstep
Ledgic
Kittrina
Muzjhath
Vaell
Rae Wulfgnar
Littlepip
Delinith
Coppersocket
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th) Empty [A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th)

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:22 pm

The following posters are displayed on noticeboards throughout Alliance settlements from Stormwind to Ironforge and Darnassus to Gnomeregan...

The Stormwind Derby!

[A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th) Tribal_horse_by_punkkrista

Upon the Night of March 29th at half past the Eighth hour, a spectacular set of races shall be held in Goldshire!

Four Great Races! One for Horses only! One for mechanical beasts! One for Death-knights and paladins! and one for any manor of 'steed' a rider can fathom that runs upon Azeroth!

Each Race shall be preceded by an exhibit of the riders and their steeds to allow for open betting, upon completion and the waving of the flag the riders shall speed around a long distance course that will take them throughout the kingdom of Stormwind!

From Goldshire to Three corners, on to Darkshire then Raven-hill! across the river to Sentinel hill, past Westbrook garrison and across the line in Goldshire again!

All are welcome! To race, spectate or have a flutter!

Entry Fee for one 'mount' per race is Five gold! The Winner of the Race Receives a 100 Gold coin prize!

-Lord Thomas Havelok, Minister of Trade

[A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th) Havelok_4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday March 29Th at 20:30 Server time the first Stormwind derby will be held in goldshire! a Collection of three races for specific types of mounts. Those categories are as follows:

• Horses - Horses only
  • Mechanical - Bikes/mechano striders and other mechanical land mounts
  • Death Knight/Paladin - As they have the passive 20% mount speed buff.
  • Varied - Any kind of land mount permitted

Entry is 5 gold per mount, per race. the winner of each race receives 100 gold coins.

Just to be specific, no speed boosting items/skills/passive aura's are permitted, i'm aware this may put Dk's and paladins off but i wont allow any unfair advantages i'm afraid (but they do have their own race now). only ground mounts are allowed and all racers will be in a raid with me so I can watch them do the circuit on the map. If you wish for a calendar invite, whisper me on Havelok in game or tell me here.

The Course is as follows: Starting at goldshire and following the road to three corners in Redridge, follow the south road to Duskwood and darkshire, Taking the road from darkshire to raven-hill, past Raven-hill to sentinel hill, Sentinel hill to past Westbrook and finally across the finish line in goldshire.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Last edited by Krogon Devilstep on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th) Empty Re: [A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th)

Post by Coppersocket Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Two events collide, I assume you'd like to have as many people there as possible. Would a change of time/date be possible?
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

[A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th) Empty Re: [A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th)

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Done and done.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Lovely
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Delinith Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Very lovely indeed, will be there.
Delinith
Delinith

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 am

Will try to get there with Thorvald.. But going trough Duskwood? Sounds cheesy silent
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Martha Duskbringer wrote:Will try to get there with Thorvald.. But going trough Duskwood? Sounds cheesy silent

Why, may i ask?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Looks like a lot of fun! I shall throw it in the Disciple calender! cheers
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:58 pm

I shall attend!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Martha Duskbringer wrote:Will try to get there with Thorvald.. But going trough Duskwood? Sounds cheesy silent
If you'd think on it. I'd say look at it all "taking place within Elwyn".
The suggested lap would (likely) be impossible to do in world without blowing out several horses. Yet running a small lap around Goldshire alone would be sorta small and boring.
(Unless you really RP and beleive that you can watch from Stormwind to the Dark Portal in one hours time)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 pm

They could ''walk'' the horse instead of running, gives time to emote pushing, shoving, tripping, biting etc. Just around Elwynn.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:28 pm

I think it would be smarter to take just Elwyn, Duskwood and Westfall, horses can do it I know that, but its the little part about Duskwood belonging to the black hand that concerns me :S
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Martha Duskbringer wrote:I think it would be smarter to take just Elwyn, Duskwood and Westfall, horses can do it I know that, but its the little part about Duskwood belonging to the black hand that concerns me :S

I think the black hand should go fuck itself, but i don't impose my will on its events, so the go go power death knight rangers can keep themselves out of mine if they know whats good for them.

And Muzjath is indeed correct, a short race is dull, a long one is fun. And fun is the main aim so long is how it shall be.

And a nice idea Wulf! but its going to be done at speed :p

Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Martha Duskbringer wrote:I think it would be smarter to take just Elwyn, Duskwood and Westfall, horses can do it I know that, but its the little part about Duskwood belonging to the black hand that concerns me :S

I think the black hand should go fuck itself, but i don't impose my will on its events, so the go go power death knight rangers can keep themselves out of mine if they know whats good for them.

NICE ATTITUDE THERE BUB
REAL HELPFUL
REALLY MAKES YOUR RP LOOK INVITING TO THE FREAKING COMMUNITY

('know what's good for them' is really just the internet-tough-guy icing on the shit-cake of a comment...jesus fucking christ.)
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm

Kittrina wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

NICE ATTITUDE THERE BUB
REAL HELPFUL
REALLY MAKES YOUR RP LOOK INVITING TO THE FREAKING COMMUNITY

('know what's good for them' is really just the internet-tough-guy icing on the shit-cake of a comment...jesus fucking christ.)

the black hand refuses to compromise, I refuse to compromise. taste of their own, or as it seems... your own medicine. have a pleasent day.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Let's not turn this into another thread filled with rubbish please. Drop the pointless macho-man crap as well Seiken. There really was nothing to merit that, even if you're having a spat with the guild at the moment.

Someone pointed out that Duskwood is considered dangerous territory, some may not acknowledge that, but others do.

Just... yeah, stop making comments like that. You do yourself far more harm than good.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 pm

I think it'd be quite fun if one rider would go missing and a half-eaten horse carcass would be found.
The race itself wont be much RP-.. Bringing such in would.
But'cheh-..
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm

speaking of a violent race, a fourth race has been added just for Dk's and paladins.

This is mainly to include them so they can race, considering their 20% mounted speed buff's it would of ben unfair to have them in any other race, so they get their own!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 pm

This is this Friday!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:45 am

It would be good to post this on Realm forums as well, but without the locations maybe or with, doesn't really matter, but you should you sneaky orc!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:26 pm

This is tonight!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Let us know who wins! Sadly I won't be able to be there since I have some RL stuff going on.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Good event! Won both bets, and didn't even have to cheat for it!

Hah!
[A]Stormwind Derby - A Night at the Races! (March 29th) Screen18

Pic with some oocers but mostly ICers! The OOCers actually seemed intrigued which was great!
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:42 pm

I'd have stayed till the ceremony, but was killing horde, then had to go help a guildy being ganked by a 90 in blasted lands. Though fun overall!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Sullee had me in stitches this whole event. Twas great fun. Very Happy
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next