Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] The Holy Business Union

5 posters

Go down

[IC] The Holy Business Union Empty [IC] The Holy Business Union

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:39 am

The Church of Kezan teaches that gold is Light’s gift to this world. Gold is justice. Those who are smart and work hard are rewarded; those who are stupid and lazy are empty-handed. On the 9th of March the Council of Stormwind has announced a formation of Stormwind Royal Bank of Commerce with which all profit-making business must register and declare their income. This can mean one thing only – Stormwind Council will soon use this information to implement taxation based on profit! . Pious councilors were wise to make holy orders exempt from this mandatory registration and imminent taxation!

The Holy Business Union is a Church of Kezan-approved Holy Order that brings businesses together for collective communion with the Light through righteous profit-making.

Your business can acquire the status of a ‘Chapter’ within the Holy Business Union, making it exempt from the requirement to register with the Stormwind Bank of Commerse and acquire many fabulous benefits!

To register, please write to mister Jimmy Goldfingers in Booty Bay with your intention to register and your address and a representative of the Holy Business Union will visit you for a consultation and the signing of a contract. All registered are required to pay a regular small fee for the glory of the Light. Temples and priests don’t pay themselves!

Additional Benefits:
Chapters of the Holy Business Union receive many fabulous bonuses, including a collective discount on all Church of Kezan services such as (the list is not exhaustive) Health Insurances and a whopping 50% discount on V.I.P Health Pass that entitles you to call upon Airborne Priests in the case of a medical emergency in all areas with Airborne Priest Coverage!

If your property becomes haunted or possessed by a demon, the Holy Business Union will provide an expert ghostbuster or an exorcist and introduce you to an amazing payment plan that will allow you to absorb that additional expense without it taking the breath out of you!

May the Light keep your pockets full and your competitors broke,

Chief Executive Priest,
Jimmy Goldfingers

OOC:
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

[IC] The Holy Business Union Empty Re: [IC] The Holy Business Union

Post by Gogol Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 am

Let's arrange a meeting shall we?
You know where the clan hall is of the Irondawn's, maybe Jimmy could be persuaded going on a little business trip?
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 am

Sure, I am free next week on wednesday, thursday and friday. Any time in the evening. Tell me where and when, and I will be there!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 pm

This is an important question. Does Jimmy Goldfingers have a braided beard? ))
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:39 pm

What a great idea Melny!
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Stormwind Council will soon use this information to implement taxation based on profit!

Your aware only the councilors know that, right? as far as the populace is aware its a means to monitor trade.

Last edited by Krogon Devilstep on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:[quote=melnerag] Stormwind Council will soon use this information to implement taxation based on profit!

Your aware only the councilors know that, right? as far as the populace is aware its a means to monitor trade.[/quote]

I was just fear-mongering. I didn't know IC or OOC that it is true Very Happy I was pulling off a 'Privacy!!!!' activist here, "Aha! They want to know how much money I have, that means they want to TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME!"
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Melnerag wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:[quote=melnerag] Stormwind Council will soon use this information to implement taxation based on profit!

Your aware only the councilors know that, right? as far as the populace is aware its a means to monitor trade.

I was just fear-mongering. I didn't know IC or OOC that it is true Very Happy I was pulling off a 'Privacy!!!!' activist here, "Aha! They want to know how much money I have, that means they want to TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME!"

Fair enough then, no loss to us ^^ Those who don't register have no trading rights, those who hide their money elsewhere have their property confiscated.

Win win.

Last edited by Krogon Devilstep on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Fair enough then, no loss to us ^^ Those who don't register have no trading rights, those who hide their money elsewhere have their property confiscated.

Win win.

..unless they are Holy Orders. Those don't have to register. *cackle*
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Melnerag wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

Win win.

..unless they are Holy Orders. Those don't have to register. *cackle*

But if caught out, go to prison.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:07 pm

*blink*

...I don't follow anymore.

"Charity groups or holy orders are not required to register, though they may if they wish too."

...but if they are caught not registering, they go to prison? How does that work?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Melnerag wrote:*blink*

"Charity groups or holy orders are not required to register, though they may if they wish too."

...but if they are caught not registering, they go to prison? How does that work?

Right, if you say your a charity/holy group, and you are found to be -trading- within the kingdom, you are obviously not a charity/holy order and thus fraudulent.

you go to prison.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Melnerag wrote:*blink*

Right, if you say your a charity/holy group, and you are found to be -trading- within the kingdom, you are obviously not a charity/holy order and thus fraudulent.

you go to prison.
Spoiler:

Melnerag wrote:Sure, I am free next week on wednesday, thursday and friday. Any time in the evening. Tell me where and when, and I will be there!
How about Thursday evening, around eight'ish, server time? Can arrange a small delegate to have you picked up by Kharnos?
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Sure! Grand. Will be there.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:

you go to prison.

Then you need to change the announcement!

[1]
"It will be mandatory for all profit making groups and business's to register.."
[....]
"Charity groups or holy orders are not required to register"

Which means that Holy Orders are an exception. Since if Holy Orders made no profit and did no business, it would be senseless to include them. "All able-bodied individuals must join the army!" "Quadrupple amputees are exempt". A bit reduntant Very Happy

[2]
It also assumes that Holy Orders don't do business. Which might NOT necesserily be true. WoW leaves things silent on how Holy Orders are funded, but overall the CHURCH or the orders themselves must own land, have land worked, sell produce, purchase weapons and armor - in other words do business.

...long story short! Just clarify it next council meeting! It is a big leap to assume that Holy Orders can't do business and make profit.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:28 pm

announcement changed! ;o

you crafty devil you.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:35 pm

*slap*

When i said change the announcement, I meant change it (as in, make ammendment during council, or at least a new SW Council Announcement post). Not edit the old one. Since now it looks like this entire post is meaningless Very Happy

Aarrhh. Guess I just delete this thread then.

Brain. Hurts.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Meta gaming?
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Melnerag wrote:*slap*

When i said change the announcement, I meant change it (as in, make ammendment during council, or at least a new SW Council Announcement post). Not edit the old one. Since now it looks like this entire post is meaningless Very Happy

Aarrhh. Guess I just delete this thread then.

Brain. Hurts.

No, no. Keep it up.

go by the old one for now. I just did the amendments now so i won't forget too, and yes i will announce the alterations at council.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down