Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Throne of Lordaeron [Multi-month event] [Draft]

+7
Gogol
erwtenpeller
Gerleck
Krogon Devilstep
Amaryl
Elijah Wesley
Grim
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For the Throne of Lordaeron [Multi-month event] [Draft] Empty For the Throne of Lordaeron [Multi-month event] [Draft]

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:53 pm

For the Throne of Lordaeron [Multi-month event] [Draft] LordaeronEagle

The lands of Lordaeron have went through chaos, that is unrivalled to any land on Azeroth. Swept apart through war and suffering, Lordaeron has been torn apart and then rebuilt yet again by a nation twisted through changes simply incomparable to all other.

The Forsaken, led by the benevolent Banshee Queen have stood their ground from the endless assaults brought upon them by the Alliance. United under the banner of the Dark Lady, the Forsaken Nation stands firmly entrenched into the ruined lands of Lordaeron. Yet the glory days under King Menethil have not been forgotten, Lordaeron and the house of Menethil are one.

A confusing choice would emerge for our people if Calia Menethil would appear before us all, one that would have the influence to tear apart our nation.
- Historian Zarek

For the Throne of Lordaeron

‘For the Throne of Lordaeron’ is player written campaign that will focus on the Forsaken storyline and more importantly an NPC that Blizzard has not yet put to use. This player written campaign will not break any standing blizzard lore in an effort to maintain realism as well as fairness from an out-of-character perspective to those in participation.

For the Throne of Lordaeron’ will take the participants through approximately two-three months of a campaign which will revolve around a shadow ascendant woman claiming the throne of Lordaeron. Her only advantage in this entire claim will be rather simple; she is absolutely convinced that she is in fact, Calia Menethil, the sister of Arthas and the true heir to the throne.

Why is she convinced? This woman is convinced of her identity due to the letter she finds on her person when the Val’kyr brings her into the world. This letter addresses Calia Menethil, the details are not significant, and it is the interpretation that this woman takes. Her interpretation over time is built into her solid and firm belief that she is in fact, Calia Menethil, Queen of Lordaeron.

‘For the Throne of Lordaeron’ campaign will revolve around this concept and this character offering the participant a wide variety of choices that can and will direct the way this entire concept will go. You, the player have the power to change the outcome of this campaign – A script exists, and if there are no drastic IC events to change it, then events and missions will run along the lines of the script. But it is important to note that the players involved will have the ability to direct this campaign in whatever direction in character events takes hold.

For the Throne of Lordaeron’ will contain a few ‘important’ characters attached to it, most importantly the pretender and her supporters. At the current planning stage, I have the guaranteed agreement of two trustworthy and reliable role-players to fill the two ‘important’ characters that would be Calia pretender, and her first and foremost champion (her version of Falric/Marwyn). A third ‘important’ character at the moment is being searched for, and this is a former Menethil-loyalist noble who also answers the call to serve his supposed true Queen. The idea is to give the opposition some key figureheads and to give the new potential order some structure and in-character legitimacy.

Will character importance give character x the right to play god? No. A characters importance and definition in this player-driven campaign will not give them the right to be super strong or fast, they will have their own defining features but these features will be the same as the defining features of any other character. The importance of these characters will only be enhanced with how the story itself is presented and revolving around them, and naturally around the object of unrest: The Pretender.

Main FTL Characters:
Spoiler:

Is the event scripted? Yes and no. The main ‘events’ will take place in a scripted fashion, but what happens in between is completely up to the player base. The player base also has the potential to sway the initial storyline into whatever direction that is plausible in character, that is to say, the plot is flexible. The missions and the plot will react to how the players take it within reason, should Calia Menethil (unlikely) choose to flee Lordaeron then that is where the campaign itself will go. I am however hoping that it remains specifically in Lordaeron to give the much needed spot light to the Forsaken Nation.

Structure

For The Throne of Lordaeron’ campaign will be introduced in a similar fashion to the Warcraft III campaign. In individual Chapters with multiple missions relayed into World of Warcraft and made applicable to the role-playing player base. The number of chapters is currently unavailable but more will be updated as soon as possible.
For reference: http://www.wowwiki.com/Warcraft_III_campaigns

Storytellers

Storytellers will be the people assisting in both writing & implementing this storyline with me, they may not even be from Defias Brotherhood and they may be. A Storyteller will work with other Storytellers or by himself in order to execute a Chapter along with several missions. This means that their name will stand beside the Chapter and for the duration of said Chapter – All questions can be directed at him/her.

My role in this
My role in this is rather simple, I will be ‘all over the place; seeing to it that the campaign works out. Naturally I will highly be dependent on the ‘important’ characters as well as those who sign up to be Storytellers. I will be overseeing this mostly from an out of character basis while continuing to role-play on Vangrel/Lether and reacting appropriately to the evolving events.

A note on Character Death
A few characters have already agreed to be killed in the Chapter's / Missions, however spontaneous death is something I will not disapprove of. If it makes sense IC, then death is not something that will have loose reins on it, however, for the sake of fairness a 'One Chance Policy' will be active throughout this campaign.

The 'One Chance Policy' basically means that should your character find himself in some sort of almost inevitable position, a close as possible alternative will be sought instead of permanent death. An alternative such as: A jail sentence, exile or whatever other punishment that the person on the spot thinks up of. This will be monitored closely as well in order to ensure it's not something abused and treated seriously, after all, for every Forsaken that falls the Nation grows weaker!

Guild/Alts
For those interested in participating on the side of Calia Menethil, an individual guild will be created. You are also not required to level past level 30 as most of Lordaeron does not have any mobs higher than that. However for your own safety (and if you’re from another realm) roll a death knight and save yourself time on levelling while being able to wear cloth, leather, mail and plate!

General Policy:
Metagaming, god emoting, power playing, mixing OOC/IC will not be tolerated in any shape or form and I will enforcing a zero tolerance policy. Storytellers will act as prefects for ensuring that none of these things are occurring: Conclusive evidence of any of this will lead to a warning, repetitive rule breaking will lead to a permanent removal from being included in the missions. Zero tolerance.

Last edited by Vangrel Lansire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

For the Throne of Lordaeron [Multi-month event] [Draft] Empty Re: For the Throne of Lordaeron [Multi-month event] [Draft]

Post by Grim Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm

I don't understand what the event is.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

For the Throne of Lordaeron [Multi-month event] [Draft] Empty Re: For the Throne of Lordaeron [Multi-month event] [Draft]

Post by Elijah Wesley Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm

I love the idea, and I think it'll be welcomed.

If you need me to help out in any way whatsoever, give me whisper.
Elijah Wesley
Elijah Wesley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Grim wrote:I don't understand what the event is.

A freshly resurrected women convinces herself of being Calia Menethil (she is not, we know this OOCly) and attempts to take the throne of Lordaeron over the period of a few mounts. Neatly organized with DMed events/organized missions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Oh right.

Nothing to do with me then. Carry on!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:18 pm

I disagree with that.

The way this is being styled is that it has a huge chance of dragging in anybody within distance. Locations for where a rebellion would station itself are being discussed among a few other things. Cross-realm participation is also a huge possibility as I have a few contacts on AD that are all, quality role-players. (The Sovereign Guard) - Another Forsaken role-playing guild.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm sure it'll be fun for the Forsaken!

Not so sure too many others would care about a Forsaken civil war. Or, well, they'd 'care', in what ramifications it might have to the Horde as a whole, but I can't imagine too many non-Forsaken wanting to actively get involved.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Grim wrote:I'm sure it'll be fun for the Forsaken!

Not so sure too many others would care about a Forsaken civil war. Or, well, they'd 'care', in what ramifications it might have to the Horde as a whole, but I can't imagine too many non-Forsaken wanting to actively get involved.

The part in bold is what is most relevant aye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:44 pm

This is a cool idea, and as many times before, I admire your ability to come up with not just an event or two, or a concept, but an over-arching plot, Vangrel.

I'm currently gearing up a forsaken priest my mind concieved some time ago, would love to get involved, if time allows me to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Thank you sir! I highly recommend trying this out as I will be involving people from around Europe as well, this is not limited to Defias Brotherhood.

Rolling alts is fine and I encourage that as there will be casualties and I doubt people want to toss mains in. Though as far as I know, the pretender's main champion will be a main character with a really long standing history on DB!

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 am

Sounds like an interesting event

Edit:

removed my quotes as the post has been updated.

good luck with this! Very Happy

Last edited by Amaryl on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:40 am

Amaryl wrote:When attempting to get people to join and obey you.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerleck Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 am

I like the way your story sounds. Lots of role-play can come out of this. Good job, Vang!
Gerleck
Gerleck

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:06 am

I don't really see why you'd need to squeeze an "event" out of a character concept. Roll the character, play it, see what happens. :/
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 am

erwtenpeller wrote:I don't really see why you'd need to squeeze an "event" out of a character concept. Roll the character, play it, see what happens. :/

It's more of a scripted drawn out campaign with missions in between. I'm not really squeezing it either, but giving it a frame. The random role-play and such will take place between the missions which ideally for me would be two a week, while all other role-play would simply 'happen'. The entire thing will be introduced in phases as well in order to give it longevity.

On an updated note:
I'm looking for three storytellers.

Some basic requirements:
Head full of ideas.
Enthusiasm.
Ability to dungeon master an event.
Skype.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:34 am

I have all of those things.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am

I have sent you a PM!

Will be looking for more interested ladies and gentlemen to partake in this.

I would also like to add for here that this will take a considerable chunk of your role-playing time for a temporary period, this won't be just a small side-project, this will be a well organized, well written project that will bring the Forsaken to the spotlight of role-play.

So in short, yes, this will be for a period of time, time consuming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Best of luck to you with this Vangrel. It sounds like a fun thing to do!
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm

The original and opening post has now been updated in a more formal and proper manner, meaning that project planning is now live.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:18 pm

And I still have no idea what's actually happening, from a practical point of view.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:24 pm

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6534344408#1

Has also been posted on the realm forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Haluthious Vouten Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Look forward to seeing this take shape!
Dr. Haluthious Vouten
Dr. Haluthious Vouten

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Thank you Haluthious, at this moment this event has been shown to the Argent Dawn Forsaken community and we're awaiting to see opinions and then opening discussions for feedback/changes.

It is in my hope that among many other things Defias Brotherhood will stand out as a sore thumb for quality role-play and interesting plots that are unique to the nature of the role-players that congregate on the realm.

Naturally I firmly believe that the rules endorsed in this campaign will only improve the quality of role-play for all involved!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 pm

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6580668213

And a thread on the Argent Dawn forum has been launched as well to gather interest/feedback/critique - Oh and of course my comrade from Argent Dawn shall also be testing the waters for feedback.

Planning is going well as the staff of the project has now grown to 4!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Unfortunately the person role-playing as the pretenders right hand/bodyguard/general has pulled out and thus that position is now open.

Applications are welcomed, staff size remains at three.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next