Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not supporting this, are you?

+14
Grim
Kozgugore Feraleye
Samian/Bismack
Eowale
Amaryl
Xen-tau
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Dréfurion
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Seranita
Raenmar
Vaell
Rmuffn
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm not supporting this, are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm not supporting this, are you?

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 am

If they'd had stayed Sporeggar wouldn't be empty and Blizzard would do nothing all the same.

Not necessarily. They won't give a free transfer when they can still make money from paid transfers, but if they could no longer make money, then maybe they'd offer a free transfer. I'm not saying they would, but it'd be more likely.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

I'm not supporting this, are you? - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm not supporting this, are you?

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:47 am

Uhm... I got a free transfer for my horde side warlock, from sporeggar to here ! Sad
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 am

Ohshiiii...

Besides, I don't think it's even legal to not make it free -if- they indeed wanted to shut it down. I have no idea where the servers are, so I can't tell if that really is the case but most countries have a form of consumer protection laws.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:25 pm

As long as they don't merge rp and rp-pvp realms i'm cool.

I really don't care .

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Aishling wrote:Ohshiiii...

Besides, I don't think it's even legal to not make it free -if- they indeed wanted to shut it down. I have no idea where the servers are, so I can't tell if that really is the case but most countries have a form of consumer protection laws.
Oh yeah, they wouldn't just get rid of your characters unless you paid - even if they were legally allowed to. It would put a dent in their reputation.

You can support both the petition and them transferring over. If their server merged with ours: due to ours being very active, we'd keep our lore and they'd have to adapt. It is a win win.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:
Blizzard don't give out free shit.
This, pretty much. Blizz are a bunch of money-greedy arseholes that just want people to buy their shit. Example being the 40% sale the MoP expansion. Me and the missus bought it, because we wanted to try the new expansion. And hey, 40% off an expansion for two quite poor students is a bargain! Here's where Blizz really pulled the asshole move; The sale of the expansion did not give you the normal 1 month of free game-time. So we had to buy that 12.90€ month anyway since we wanted to play.

TL;DR? Blizz will NEVER give away their products for free.

While I'd support merging servers (Though, not RP with RP-PvP servers, as Amaryl already stated) it wont really happen. Blizz has never really merged servers, that would be doing something free for their customers.

It's an asshole move, but hey. It's Blizz. Are you expecting any less?
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:57 pm

They're a business, they're not arseholes lol. They would be an arsehole of a business if they upped their prices consistently, but the necessary money to play their game has been consistently the same with each new burst of content being of similar price.

Didn't they also give everyone all the races recently, even if they didn't have the expansions? They also used to do a lot of free transfers to moderate their servers.

Blizzard are a pretty good company IMO! I rarely have ever had trouble with their customer support.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Yet, you still fund their product.

Pretty sure Blizzard have opened up transfers in the past, around the Vanilla/TBC era, when there were a few severely under-populated servers and wanted to thin out the crowding of others.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:01 pm

I dont care. Merge away as long as we stay on an RP-PVP realm rather then a plain rp one.

Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:01 pm

There have definitely been a few opportunities on some servers to have free transfers to other (low pop) servers in order to try and create more activity in the past. However, most of them were normal PvE servers. Also, I doubt Blizzard has any plans to merge servers or such any time soon, unfortunately, as the whole crossrealm zones shabang was in part supposed to be their answer to people's requests on low pop servers.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Speaking as someone who transferred from The Venture Co. to DB.

Blizz don't merge servers. They have done in the past and they stated that they're incredibly unlikely to do so again.
The backlash from players in the affected servers was pretty intense and it was a lot of actual real life work to make it happen.

Petition or not, they won't be merging servers any time soon.

People seem to have a lot more hope than common sense in cases like this. "IF I GET 200 SIGNATURES BLIZZARD WILL LISTEN TO ME."

Well, no. It doesn't work like that.

People can either make a go of it on their own dying server, quit the game or pay for a transfer. None of those options are the end of the world the drama-hounds think they are.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:36 pm

I'd happily see us merged with any of the RP-PVP servers.

My only issue would be seeing us merged with a RP server itself and in turn the PVP rules being altered: although I don't think Blizzard are that ' simple. '.

Also, Vangrel you're talking about making a more active role to get newcomers to the server.. when surely, a merge would provide us with exactly that..?

Also, whether they'll actually do it! Is doubtful, I just wouldn't mind if they did.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:02 pm

It appears the topic was deleted. Interesting...
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Domovoi wrote:It appears the topic was deleted. Interesting...

That's because polls aren't allowed on the forum, they're for constructive discussion and not getting a long list of aye/nay.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Grim wrote:Speaking as someone who transferred from The Venture Co. to DB.
People seem to have a lot more hope than common sense in cases like this. "IF I GET 200 SIGNATURES BLIZZARD WILL LISTEN TO ME."

Heheh...

Facebook.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:02 am

Cenalia/Gor'Thrak wrote:
Domovoi wrote:It appears the topic was deleted. Interesting...

That's because polls aren't allowed on the forum, they're for constructive discussion and not getting a long list of aye/nay.

Actually it was deleted because the same post was re-posted everywhere. (spamming)

Anyway, what Grim has stated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:04 pm

If they merge us with an RP server, it'll be scrapping the PVP ruleset. It's the much more simple way to do it and causes far less problems. There are also a lot more RP-PVE server players that will quit by being forced to PVP than there are RP-PVP server people that will quit for having the PVP made optional. I mean, look at the huge influx of DBers who now praise Argent Dawn as the second coming of christ, and count how many of those moved there during the ABoC reign, primarily or in part because of them?

They won't merge any servers though. They never have. They don't need to. People -will- pay to transfer off dead servers. People -will- repopulate said dead servers if Blizz offers free migrations from servers like Magtheridon, Outland, Stormscale and other high pop servers. The problem -will- resurface when half those people pay to move back and the rest end up doing it as well.

The thread was deleted because it's a forum made for discussions and Blizzard does not think that petitions are discussion. If they had adhered to the "no petition" rule they can make the thread on as many forums as they like(so long as it's relevant) and it won't be deleted/locked if nobody derails it/turns it into a flame fest.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Ixi, those people were on the wrong server to begin with!

And I for one, can do nothing but praise people that move server instead of whining about ze pvp Very Happy

though, if bliz would actually consider merging (which they don't) they'd merge the rp-pvp servers with eachother as opposed to RP servers.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 pm

I'd rather they merged DB into AD as one RP-PVE server. The WPVP guilds would either move server or cease to be an issue, and we'd have pretty much 99% of the EU RP community on one server.

Yes, it'd be a pain to synchronise server lore after the merge, but in the end, the other RP PVP servers barely have anything resembling a living RP Community on them anymore. In the long term, I really think we'd benefit much more from merging into AD than we would from merging the other RP PVP servers into DB.

Not that it matters, because lol Blizzard.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum