Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not supporting this, are you?

+14
Grim
Kozgugore Feraleye
Samian/Bismack
Eowale
Amaryl
Xen-tau
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Dréfurion
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Seranita
Raenmar
Vaell
Rmuffn
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm not supporting this, are you? Empty I'm not supporting this, are you?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:22 am

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6200801940

After reading this, I felt the need to share it here as it was indeed posted on our realm forum.

Me personally? I don't support this. After seeing the potential role-players on DB, both new and old I have instead committed myself to reviving interest among the player base as well as converting players into a role-playing state of mind. I am as happy as can be in terms of my role-play scene and get role-play when I want it, on both factions. I know for fact that both the Sha'tar & Earthen Ring are much smaller in comparison to Defias Brotherhood, and as such we do not require such a merge. It is on the other hand, that the Sha'tar & Earthen Ring require this merge.

I propose to encourage their players to visit our realm and try it out, where exists a solid foundation for new and old role-players in terms of guilds and organizations. We have a healthy amount of wPvP in Pandaria and throughout, people always ganking each other and whining on the realm forum (have a looksie yourself). We also have a neatly archived forum and our own wiki, both recording the past nicely, both drama and good.

tl;dr This is our opportunity to gain a few fresh faces by putting ourselves across the right way.

Any support or opinions for this?

Edit1: I'd also like to say that Blizzard rarely shut down empty servers. (Sporeggar) They will wait for people to move in order to make a bit of ching ching out of them.

Back to top Go down

I'm not supporting this, are you? Empty Re: I'm not supporting this, are you?

Post by Rmuffn Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:46 am

I support it. I think it's right, there has to be fewer rp servers, that OP is in no way on a wrong path.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 am

Wait, you're trying to support the idea of bringing new faces along by telling them not to sign the petition but instead just pay money/start fresh on our server?

I support the merge.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:58 am

Yes, because Blizzard don't merge realms. I have seen countless threads asking for merges, not a single one was given a realm merge.

I am offering a suitable alternative that can benefit Defias Brotherhood as a whole, an alternative that they will probably be faced with regardless. This being the role-playing population that is, as the two top realms right now are AD and DB. AD is packed to the brim - This is an opportunity for Defias Brotherhood to get an injection of fresh blood.

Who said they have to spend money? Rolling some alts and checking things out is the same standard fee that they pay for playing on their level 90s etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:11 am

Instead of supporting something to get the people from the dead servers integrated into a new and active combined community, let's make sure it doesn't work, and instead give them a false impression of glorious, sprawling haven of infinite RP to bring them here.

If you're not going to support it, at least think of something better than taking advantage of the situation to drag people here. A cross-realm initiative would be much nicer.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:12 am

Raenmar wrote:Instead of supporting something to get the people from the dead servers integrated into a new and active combined community, let's make sure it doesn't work, and instead give them a false impression of glorious, sprawling haven of infinite RP to bring them here.

If you're not going to support it, at least think of something better than taking advantage of the situation to drag people here. A cross-realm initiative would be much nicer.

Hah no!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:25 am

well I support the merging of smaller realms.. perhaps even merging them into the larger ones.. this would increace the rp playerbase masivly
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:31 am

Monrena wrote:well I support the merging of smaller realms.. perhaps even merging them into the larger ones.. this would increace the rp playerbase masivly

This. If they did get merged, they'd probably merge the smaller RPPvP realms into DB, so it'd benefit us.

Yeah, Blizzard probably won't merge when people are still paying to transfer. Hence the idea for something cross-realm: people won't need to transfer anymore. Some people will choose to transfer because they like what they see, but it means that transferring (or rerolling, of course) won't be the only options people have.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:45 am

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1917973286?page=1

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1120855-Merging-realms

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2624785515

Three examples of people complaining about dead realms.

Cross-realm zones mean that people don't have to move, but to access the AH, or join ACTIVE guilds they will in the end be forced to move. As well as this, CRZ requires real ID for a realm of your choice.

I am thinking ahead of all that and saying: Why do we not just show DB is worth moving to in the first place?

In the end, the role-playing communities on the dead realms that are in decline are faced with this decision anyway, DB or AD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:51 am

Cross-realm zones mean that people don't have to move, but to access the AH, or join ACTIVE guilds they will in the end be forced to move. As well as this, CRZ requires real ID for a realm of your choice.

I'd gladly give out my Battletag or even Real ID (though it'd be unnecessary) on the forums so that anyone wanting to join in with RP here could do so.

I am thinking ahead of all that and saying: Why do we not just show DB is worth moving to in the first place?

We should be doing that anyway. But we should still be supporting initiatives to help other realms. It doesn't need to be a competition.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:53 am

Competition makes the world go round.

People didn't go into space because they were supporting each others initiatives. We should do our best to show what we have to offer and hope damn well it's more than any other place.

Anyway, how about this, I will offer my alternative, and you can support their fancy petition, we will see who gets further, grand?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 am

Anyway, how about this, I will offer my alternative, and you can support their fancy petition, we will see who gets further, grand?

No, because I know the same as you do that a petition alone won't work.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 am

A merge of the servers (while likely impossible for a variety of reasons, mechanical and social) would probably do a world of good for the community, it would break down the imaginary wall of one server having dominance over the other. Or the myth that roleplaying on Defias Brotherhood increases your ability to portray a character; as opposed to playing on Argent Dawn lessening that ability.

Though - on the other side of things - it may cause more harm than good, since it would effectively be an end to the lore of one if not both servers.

Actually, I'm not sure which side I stand on Sad

P.S - If you merged all of the roleplaying realms, what on earth would you name it? Defias Darkmoon Ring of Steam under Ravenholdt at Dawn?

No wait, even better. Ravenholdt Cartel and the Argent Brotherhood of the Ring.

Moonring, taken away by the Defias Legion to be hidden from the Sha Cartel who would give it to the Argent Ravens and their overlords the Sporefaire.

Dawn of the Sha'tar at the Earthern Faire, when the Moonglade Cartel fight the Sporreholdt and are defeated by the Co Venture Legion!

Last edited by Arenfel/Mikhael on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:02 am

I look forward to many pages of delicious Raenmar drama about moral regarding 'tricking' people into joining DB.

Or atleast so I hope, I'm bored. Please, go on.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:05 am

depends if ephitos keeps baiting for responces gor'thack... he is very good at that
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:07 am

What are you actually talking about? You think every single post I have is "baiting" or "trolling"

I'm sick of these motherfucking misconceptions on this motherfucking forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:13 am

Though - on the other side of things - it may cause more harm than good, since it would effectively be an end to the lore of one if not both servers.

To be honest, the smaller servers probably don't have much server lore. Whatever they do have could easily be adapted to fit.

When I came here from Ravenholdt and brought the guild, we just used the story that Fenris Keep was invaded, the plague/Blight/whatever that the Forsaken used put us all into comas, and when we woke up things had changed a lot. Wasn't too hard getting back into things from there.

Although I see the problem if you're merging into AD. They already have a guild to cover most things, so there'd probably be conflict there. But I guess compromise needs to be made for the sake of actually having some RP.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 am

Actually, I think petitioning for a free transfer rather than a merge would be more effective and more likely to be done by Blizzard. Less work, less people being put together in the new server, people could choose which server to go to to try to avoid server lore conflicts, and you wouldn't be moving a hell of a lot of PvPers along with the minority of RPers.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 am

Raenmar wrote:Actually, I think petitioning for a free transfer rather than a merge would be more effective and more likely to be done by Blizzard. Less work, less people being put together in the new server, people could choose which server to go to to try to avoid server lore conflicts, and you wouldn't be moving a hell of a lot of PvPers along with the minority of RPers.

Boy.

Can you read? Blizzard don't give out free shit. They give out inconvenient transfers alright. Like from AD to Portuguese realms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:19 am

Can you read? Blizzard don't give out free shit. They give out inconvenient transfers alright. Like from AD to Portuguese realms.

They'd give out free transfers if people stopped paying for transfers.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 am

Yes, the way Sporeggar got free tran-.. Wait they didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Yes, the way Sporeggar got free tran-.. Wait they didn't.

I thought people only stopped transferring from there because there was nobody left.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:30 am

Everybody moved, for money. There was never any free transfers given.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:37 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Everybody moved, for money. There was never any free transfers given.

Exactly. If they hadn't moved, and they'd stayed on Sporeggar and refused to pay for a transfer, then they'd have had more chance of getting a free one. But they were willing to pay, so why would Blizzard give them a free transfer?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:39 am

Raenmar wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:Everybody moved, for money. There was never any free transfers given.

Exactly. If they hadn't moved, and they'd stayed on Sporeggar and refused to pay for a transfer, then they'd have had more chance of getting a free one. But they were willing to pay, so why would Blizzard give them a free transfer?

If they'd had stayed Sporeggar wouldn't be empty and Blizzard would do nothing all the same.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum