Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New section, general clean-up, openess

+3
Cathee Norris
Samian/Bismack
Melnerag
7 posters

Go down

New section, general clean-up, openess Empty New section, general clean-up, openess

Post by Melnerag Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:45 pm

1. New Section

I think we need a section (like General or Game Related) for the discussion of the Lore, as lore-discussions are frequent and it would be 'neat' to have them under the same roof. There is no particular reason for the Lore Discussion other than neatness of having it all in one place, and implictly encouraging Lore Discussion.

2. General Clean-up

Some membergroups are outdated, I think you can post announcement for their removal and remove them if nobody claims that they are still active within seven days or so. These groups are: Stormwind guard-guilds, Duskwood, Magic, the Tanarisi Tribes, the Infirmary, Villains and Outlaws

Some forums, especially associated with the groups above are outdated.

3. Openess
I think registration should be made easy, and only require e-mail activation and no administrator-involvement. We can deal with the danger of event-times leaking by keeping the Event-forum either closed, or asking all who post an event to add the date&time as an image. (Non-registered can't see images). Or even disguise it as a link. The event will take place on

Monday, the 35th of Sanuary at 13:90
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

New section, general clean-up, openess Empty Re: New section, general clean-up, openess

Post by Samian/Bismack Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:52 pm

I agree with all groups mentioned being outdated

Melnerag wrote:
3. Openess
I think registration should be made easy, and only require e-mail activation and no administrator-involvement. We can deal with the danger of event-times leaking by keeping the Event-forum either closed, or asking all who post an event to add the date&time as an image. (Non-registered can't see images). Or even disguise it as a link. The event will take place on

Monday, the 35th of Sanuary at 13:90
Very good idea.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

New section, general clean-up, openess Empty Re: New section, general clean-up, openess

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:10 pm

1. That does sound like a good idea. I will look into how this can be sorted the easiest way possible.

2. This I'm working on currently Smile

3. The reason I believe we made the registration something admins had to accept was to prevent gold-sellers and such alike. However we could maybe try something else out for a time and see how it works out. Either way - I'm sure moderators will put their words in on this in a moment so I'll wait to see what they have to say.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Alright, for the time being I have made a section in Game Related where a few specific topics can be made sub-forums. For now there is Trade and Lore.

I will open these up and see if people like how it is, or we can bring it up as a discussion possibly changing it again here. But I hope for now it will suffice.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:55 pm

As I've explained before, as per my understanding of the situation, the current system for applications was put in place because this forum receives a massive amount of advertising/gold selling/spam bots.

These can activate themselves with email activation. The system we have right now is perfectly simple, and no application seems to take more than a day or two.

I'd much rather we kept with what we have, as opposed to heaping on a ton of account removal upon ourselves for no legitimate reason.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Isn't game-related just fine for discussing lore? Isn't lore game-related enough?

What might be nice though, is a locked "resources" forum, full of useful information, guides and links, easily accessible to the general public.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:12 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Isn't game-related just fine for discussing lore? Isn't lore game-related enough?

What might be nice though, is a locked "resources" forum, full of useful information, guides and links, easily accessible to the general public.

I'm with the peller. I see no reason to make a seperate Lore forum; lore and game mechanics can be discussed in the same forum just fine. I dislike forums that have too many boards and especially sub-boards.

If you insist on splitting though you could make an In Character + Lore + LFG forum and a Game Related (i.e news and mechanics) + Trade forum; so, basicly, one to deal with role-play and lore and another with the actual game.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:13 pm

I would suggest moving the Trade forum to a separate section of its own, instead of being in Game Related.

That however is just my personal opinion.

I approve. Guides should be easily found. If a guide is good it is moved there and people can continue commenting there.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Just don't over-create sub-sections and extra parts, it might become irritating to navigate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down