Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H+A] W-RP-PvP Nights- planning a weekly event.

+8
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Gesh
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
Crothu
Skarain
Killian
Krogon Devilstep
12 posters

Go down

[H+A] W-RP-PvP Nights- planning a weekly event. Empty [H+A] W-RP-PvP Nights- planning a weekly event.

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Right, before i say anything just let this be known. I had this idea months, probably even years ago and its just something i've thought on now and again for ten minutes here and there. This idea never came to fruitition because either i thought it unrequired or because i had other things on my mind. So there, This is not a set plan, fixed idea or anything. its totally open to debate, discussion and ideas. so here it goes.

Weekly W-RP-PvP Nights

Says exactly what it is, on the tin. How would it work you ask? whats it for? Well alot of people complain or 'claim' W-rp-pvp has been on a steady decline for the last four years. lets face it, its true. Organised events, population dips, activity of RP'ers decreasing and general game changes have brought this about. This is a way to bring back the good old vanilla/TBC style battles we had so long ago, and here is how i (and this isnt set in stone) thought it would work, in some simple steps!

1] We organise a specific set night each week. - This will be tricky. with so many councils, senates, tribe meetings, clan moots etc... that are on set nights, finding a free night everyone can attend on will be hard. But as far as i know, very few big social events occur on friday nights, so i'l just suggest that now. So we pick a night! starting from 20:00 server time and lasting until it fizzles out...

2] We get our Warband together - You get your guild, friends, unit, regiment, team or squad prepared, using the calendar and Guild message of the day. you prepare items and gear!

3]Choose your targets/defensive position - using a specified chat channel on each faction, the different warbands decide who is going where around the world, taking up patrols of main roads, attacking outposts, coming to the defence of towns under attack (using world defence to monitor the opposite factions activity). Once your there, or have found your foe... you go for it! let the W-RP-pvp commence! Travel times and "Wah wah, it takes weeks to travel here and there" have no place in this, at all, thats one of the things that killed random W-rp-pvp and i wont suffer it, even if others do.

4] follow a series of mutual and simple rules - to keep things clean and unmessy, everyone participating tries to follow some simple rules to keep it fair and to ensure nobody is detered from taking part, my suggestions are thus...

-No corpse camping, if someone resses, you let them run and get to full hp before you attack again (the 'rounds' system doesnt apply to this, as communication in ranomised encounters like this probably wont be possible0.

-If the enemy warband is chased from the zone, consider it a win... and let them go. that way they can move somewhere else, and you can too! the fighting continues elsewhere.

-dont faction /who, this is fairly cheap. Not using this feature on an opposite faction alt means you can be suprised, theres an element of mystery. suprises are fun!

-No flying mounts, none, what so ever. You want to get around? use your land mounts. Flight masters are acceptable of course, but flying mounts have no use in these situations and should only be used if your leaving and logging for the night.

5] Have fun! - simply because a/b/c/d beat you doesnt mean you should cry wolf or complain. prepare better the next week and get them back! this system isnt meant for personal vendetta's or feuds, its meant to allow the community to wage war, spill some blood and play out the rampant shifting war between the Alliance and horde. Win, or lose, Ego's dont come into it. You win? enjoy it, you lose? ...rp it out. its all about the Roleplay.

SO! to summarise... We have a set night each week from 20:00 onwards, you grab your own warband (perhaps have a limit of ten to each? but i dont see much point in that, you go out into the world and attack/respond to attacks!.

and thats about it! i'l throw up a poll or two later on to work out some fine details. The important thing in this is that anyone can organise a warband, anyone can lead one, anyone can take part (as long as their IC). So, feel free to throw some ideas out, discuss any points, pick out any problems... its all up for debate!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[H+A] W-RP-PvP Nights- planning a weekly event. Empty Re: [H+A] W-RP-PvP Nights- planning a weekly event.

Post by Killian Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Dig it! When I get Khal back onto DB I'll be all over this!
Killian
Killian

Character sheet
Name: Killian Roque
Title: Si:7 Operative

Back to top Go down

[H+A] W-RP-PvP Nights- planning a weekly event. Empty Re: [H+A] W-RP-PvP Nights- planning a weekly event.

Post by Skarain Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Personally, i like the idea. While my current guild isn't large enough to create much by itself i may join another Warband at times as support, all through RP of course. Friday is a good day, least for me.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Crothu Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 am

Nice idea krogon but what could beat a orc warband?

Crothu

Character sheet
Name: Crothu
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:00 am

Crothu wrote:Nice idea krogon but what could beat a orc warband?

Relese the worgen! <---

I like the idea a lot, friday works for me. I think the first locations could be Tol Barad and Tanaris, seeing as they were key points of battles before pandaria were discovered, who knows gilneas could work for somes street combat again.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 am

siegmund wrote:
Crothu wrote:Nice idea krogon but what could beat a orc warband?

Relese the worgen! <---

I like the idea a lot, friday works for me. I think the first locations could be Tol Barad and Tanaris, seeing as they were key points of battles before pandaria were discovered, who knows gilneas could work for somes street combat again.

The world is our proverbial oyster.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 am

I would definitely be interested in joining.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 am

Approved, let's melt some faces!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Saegwyth Dawnsinger Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 am

That'd be lush. I don't usually teach on Friday nights!
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Saegwyth Dawnsinger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloedneus Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Love this idea! Should be good to get out in the world and kill stuff.
Bloedneus
Bloedneus

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Bloedneus wrote:Love this idea! Should be good to get out in the world and kill stuff.

glad you liked it. I'd appreciate folks poking around their friends, bothering their Gm's and officers and if they want to help with the initiative drag anyone who is anyone into looking at this thread and giving it a /sign.

Also, form up your warbands!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelgwyn Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:44 pm

This looks like a good initiative - if we can assist - we will -after all theres some great RPPVP guiilds here - you will have a strong Horde warband for sure if you sell it right.

Good luck
Maelgwyn
Maelgwyn

Character sheet
Name:
Title: Harbinger of Dominion

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Gwynhfar wrote:This looks like a good initiative - if we can assist - we will -after all theres some great RPPVP guiilds here - you will have a strong Horde warband for sure if you sell it right.

Good luck

warband? Belf please, this orc wants warbands all over da place!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mozrogg Doomhowl Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Mozrogg make orc smash, smash gud!

Regardless this gives me incentive to kickstart orcy warband! Aye I am all for it.
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Mozrogg Doomhowl

Character sheet
Name: Mozrogg Doomhowl
Title: Orc Warrior, grumpy old bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Borian Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:06 am

Hmhm, maybe time to put the Kul Tirans back to the game, "Execute order 66!"Wink Orcs are all going down, no friendly internment camp for you this time! ;D
Borian
Borian

Character sheet
Name: Borian / Gohman
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down