Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To our Moderators

+9
Lexgrad
Vaell
Skarain
Geldar
Cid
Drustai
Robi Kaezlan
Ledgic
Aadaria-Ioanna
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To our Moderators Empty To our Moderators

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Could we make a thread for:

Suggestion to the admin's and mods in the registration section?

Possible to add an open section for visitors to see containing:
Alliance/horde guides. Class guides and other rp informational parts? By "other informational rp parts" I was thinking in the likes of etiquette, addressing nobility, general rp guides and the like?

I think it might promote the forum not just our server if we were able to link people such from the wow forum to there.

It also might give a more welcoming friendly view of us over all as a community?^^

And if not an open one, but make some kind of option of where to place class guides so everyone can find them? Of course also for formerly mentioned general guides.

Also would love an own thread in the library section regardless for IC books. That already is in game, that other people want to post written by them, that they wont mind being turned into ghi items.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

To our Moderators Empty Re: To our Moderators

Post by Ledgic Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:44 pm

I'll make sure all of the other moderators take a look at this and get back to you about it. I think it's a perfectly reasonable idea, actually, even if I'm not the biggest fan of RP guides.

It's easy to do as well, so, I'll get a couple of opinions and take care of it myself when I get some sort of consensus.

I would ask that people post in this thread about it as well! More opinions or ideas about what guides/new categories and such for the forum are definitely welcome as far as I'm concerned at least.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Sweet:) And hey guides are not for everyone. But it sure to me makes a big difference when I look to try something new. Or... As a newbie in general Smile
Imagine rogues with fireblasters.. Somehow.. There is less of them these days Razz Or.. Priests being able to ress an entire battlefield:P
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:02 pm

I have never encountered so many "super powered" rogues than I have on DB.

One in SW actually had shadow magic, another the ability to create a forcefield around him.
Hordeside one even knows magical spells to magically seal and hide everything in the bar....meta gaming or what? These are the little things that put people off RP on DB.
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Hihi. Then post your view with ideas of how to improve things in the other thread Robi Smile And post here your view of opening up said things in the upper post for the public view?^^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Robi Kaezlan wrote:I have never encountered so many "super powered" rogues than I have on DB.

One in SW actually had shadow magic, another the ability to create a forcefield around him.
Hordeside one even knows magical spells to magically seal and hide everything in the bar....meta gaming or what? These are the little things that put people off RP on DB.

Rogues do use shadow magic as a class. They are not strictly physical combatants. It says so right on their description that they use minor mysticism. Cloak of Shadows and Killing Spree for example are all clearly magical abilities, as is the new MoP ability (Shadow Blades) that briefly allows you to "draw upon the surrounding shadows to empower your weapons and deal pure Shadow damage."

The thing is, as with all things, how people play it. It is not godmoding to have it, it is only godmoding to abuse it. Being a powerful character is fine, in fact that is an expected part of the WarCraft universe. Abusing those powers in order to always win and hog the spotlight is not.

Last edited by Drustai on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Regarding the topic... I will say again, the forums should be opened up to guest viewers. The only forum that should remain closed is the Event forum. Nothing else. There's no reason to make a separate guides forum if you open up the standard forums we already have for viewing.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Drustai wrote:Regarding the topic... I will say again, the forums should be opened up to guest viewers. The only forum that should remain closed is the Event forum. Nothing else. There's no reason to make a separate guides forum if you open up the standard forums we already have for viewing.

Agreed, considering that the actions so far has helped next to none anyways.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Drustai wrote:Regarding the topic... I will say again, the forums should be opened up to guest viewers. The only forum that should remain closed is the Event forum. Nothing else. There's no reason to make a separate guides forum if you open up the standard forums we already have for viewing.

The reason for the separation is that people do post about events in the Alliance/Horde section too. Not just guides and informative information etc. We also do need a spot for the class guides.. As currently, its a oh choose where to put it and hope if someone in need of it might click the right.. one.. Smile

Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:27 pm

The only forum that should remain closed is the Event forum. Nothing else. There's no reason to make a separate guides forum if you open up the standard forums we already have for viewing.

Disagreed. Most areas are kept closed to guests to prevent in-game harassment, especially general chat with the real life picture threads. With the amounts of grief going across the server currently from the likes of several bad PvP guilds its better to be safe than sorry with such information.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Geldar wrote:
The only forum that should remain closed is the Event forum. Nothing else. There's no reason to make a separate guides forum if you open up the standard forums we already have for viewing.

Disagreed. Most areas are kept closed to guests to prevent in-game harassment, especially general chat with the real life picture threads. With the amounts of grief going across the server currently from the likes of several bad PvP guilds its better to be safe than sorry with such information.

Those guilds already have active accounts in these forums, and the registration process does not prevent them from making more. Restricting the forums does nothing to prevent people from griefing, but does make it harder to get new players involved.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:15 pm

General Chat is fair enough but the rest should be open imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:02 pm

The forums were opened already once for the public, with everything else expect General Chat open. Then in all silence forums were locked again, i guess because of griefing.

Most of the guilds that Grief roleplaying have already access to these forums. All it needs is a well done application and finding several persons to vouch for you. An excuse of being a new roleplayer who wishes to see what is happening is good enough for most to give their vouch, and then they have access.

About every single event done outside contested area that have been announced on the forums have been griefed. If the chance to get griefed is already 90% what does the forum lock actually cause?

Isolation of the Roleplaying community.

I myself Roleplayed my first time ever during the quiet time when all of WotLK raiding content had been cleared, the exact time which is "now" on Cataclysm. I was Horrible. I started simply by sitting around Cathedral Square and watching other people Roleplay. No-one pointed me to -any- forums where i could have read huge amounts of guides, lores, stories and see when events would be held. I had nothing to support my start with Roleplaying. I got deep into it only after i joined a Roleplaying Guild, the Blades for Hire.

Raid content is cleared thus People are bored. When people are bored, they are prone of trying something new, just like i tried out Roleplaying, and i was the Main Tank of a HC raiding guild who used to laugh at Roleplayers.

TL;DR: Griefing will happen, whenever the forums are closed or not. Opening the forums to unregistered users supports Roleplaying more than harms it. If you wish to see more Roleplay then promote it. Do not hide it behind an iron curtain and shout at every "bad" roleplayer, help them. Guiding them to forums where they could actually read information -does- help them, and does not take much effort from anyone.¨

---

And about the real topic: Having Guides available for everyone would indeed be a great idea. We had one such thread in Game Related, but the main post is out-of-date. If not opening entire forums i would myself hope to have 1.) Guide section, where i would find information of Roleplaying 2.) Event Section, Where i could see open events 3.) Registery, so i could look for what guilds are recruiting.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Please do not open up the forums! Open up parts like registry and IC, but things like general chat and events should remain closed.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Vaell wrote:Please do not open up the forums! Open up parts like registry and IC, but things like general chat and events should remain closed.

Events are spied regardless, no use keeping them to closed. General chat i fully agree with though.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:10 pm

General and events, allright, but it should be opened a little.

My first year as a roleplayer, I didn't realise I was only half way through the process of getting in here, and that the majority of the forum was closed to me. = I lost out on alot, as what was here looked like overrated garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:14 pm

I'm in the process of weeding out every trace of griefer. After that, we'll consider which areas to open and which to close.

You can continue to post about that particular subject, but do note that it'll be ignored for the time being, because we're busy trying to sort the issue with our delightful "wpvp" friends.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:I'm in the process of weeding out every trace of griefer.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Lovely Lex Very Happy

That is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:10 am

Skarain wrote:
Vaell wrote:Please do not open up the forums! Open up parts like registry and IC, but things like general chat and events should remain closed.

Events are spied regardless, no use keeping them to closed. General chat i fully agree with though.
If you had a fence at a festival that a few people climb every year, the solution wouldn't be to take down the fence entirely! They're spied on by current griefing guilds, sure, but there are plenty non-guilded griefers out there that could come across the website.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:21 am

Vaell wrote:
Skarain wrote:

If you had a fence at a festival that a few people climb every year, the solution wouldn't be to take down the fence entirely! They're spied on by current griefing guilds, sure, but there are plenty non-guilded griefers out there that could come across the website.
Point taken. It may help against those, but be against new Rp'ers. Everything with its good and bad things.

Ledgic Caan wrote:I'm in the process of weeding out every trace of griefer. After that, we'll consider which areas to open and which to close.

You can continue to post about that particular subject, but do note that it'll be ignored for the time being, because we're busy trying to sort the issue with our delightful "wpvp" friends.
Good to hear, and good luck. May the Light be with you.

Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 am

Dear moderators.. Any feedback on this soon?^^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:18 am

Vaell wrote:

Use a better analogy since festival fences keep out non-paying music lovers.

and we want more music lovers to our festival.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Amaryl wrote:
Vaell wrote:

Use a better analogy since festival fences keep out non-paying music lovers.

and we want more music lovers to our festival.

I don't know what deserted festivals you visit but geez I wish they'd minimize the visitors at the ones I go. Mainstages at the end of festivals are packed for a perfect terrorist bombing lol...
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberio Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:58 pm

On a different but related note (as it relates to forum admin/moderation), I can't send PMs because I haven't reached a post limit yet. Sad.

Perhaps this post will make the difference? Otherwise, is there a reason for this?
Tiberio
Tiberio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next