Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A-possible H cooperation] The Silent Enclave

+3
Seranita
Gilran
Helmheid
7 posters

Go down

[A-possible H cooperation] The Silent Enclave Empty [A-possible H cooperation] The Silent Enclave

Post by Helmheid Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:44 am

[A-possible H cooperation] The Silent Enclave Untitled3-1

Information. The most powerful weapon one may ever wield, and the greatest shield he may hide behind.
He who possesses information may turn the tides of wars, shape alliances or ruin them as he sees fit.
All we desire is knowledge. All knowledge. Knowledge about our enemies and allies, people, organizations...
With knowledge we can do great things. It gives us control. It turns the world around us into a game of chess.
And we do not seek to be figures. We are the players who move them, and masters that set the rules of the game.

Look around you, friend. Look at all those people. They are born, raised to become good citizens, they work all their lives and die. Nobodies. They have no understanding of what we must do, albeit ultimately we do it for them. The world is not a safe place, however it used to be. Long before any of you can remember, although I can. There used to be peace, however... all that changed with the Sundering. To this day all the evil that tears Azeroth apart is a result of that catastrophic event. Those fools doomed us all. Orcs, demons, scourge... We would never suffer those invasions if it wasn't for the Highborne. Of course, we cannot change the past. If it was possible, Nozdormu would have done it long ago. However, we can shape the future and once for all rid this world of what our ancestors let loose. We can ensure it will never return.

Look at the world - chaotic and unorganized. They cannot understand that there are better ways. They cannot see reason, and even if we told them what to do, they wouldn't listen, and most importantly, they wouldn't manage to work things out between themselves. That is why we stay in the shadows - they have no need to know of us. Wherever they go, whatever they do, they will see the crop of our hard work, and they will never know it. They need someone to pull their strings if this world is to ever become a better place. We took it upon ourselves to be the puppet masters.

What you see here, this trade company? Of course, Silent Sun Merchandise is a prosperous business, but you must know it is merely a cover, an excuse to be everywhere, and due to the nature of our trade - to have access to the highest circles. Rarest, most expensive goods, artifacts, unobtainable magic... People who seek such treasures have connections. They have influence. We need those people, and this business is our bait.

We must make friends wherever we go and have all sorts of people aid our cause. Most of them will not even realize. What we do is weave a web. Each intersection is a source, whoever it may be. A beggar can be as good source of information as a talkative waitress or a vigilant guard. Some of them we can manipulate, some we have to motivate with coin, but generally, the less they know about us and the more they tell us - the better. Only selected few ascend high enough to learn the truth about the Enclave, and those will never betray us. And if they try, it will be the last thing they will ever do.

((OOC:

The Silent Enclave is an organization inspired by likes of Illuminati or Shadow Broker from Mass Effect series, currently based in the Forlorn Cavern in Ironforge.
The agenda of the guild is to maintain a perfectly legitimate appearance - that of a wealthy trade organization which deals in all sorts of exotic goods from all over the world - antiques, relics, magical items, rare books and spells, unobtainable reagents, etc.
Using that cover-up, the aim is to secretly influence those around them - governments, churches, businesses, influential individuals.
Enclave seeks to make contacts and find associates wherever they go, giving them maximum amount of information sources.
Be it a bartender, bank clerk, city guard, priest, notary... They can all be Enclave's eyes and ears, either paid or manipulated to believe they serve a greater purpose, however many will not even realize they work for an organization of any kind.
Enclave's power lies in staying in the shadow, undiscovered by anyone but most trusted people who swore soul oaths to prove they are worthy of that trust.
The Enclave seeks associates everywhere, among allies and enemies. They are above races and factions, for their goal requires neutrality.

Many members of Enclave's information web will not be guild members, but those who are will fall into the following categories:

Puppet Master - This is the leader of the Silent Enclave, as well as owner and director of the Waning Moon merchant's guild. Along with the Soulsworn the Master makes key decisions regarding the future of the organization.

Silent Council - These individuals are the closest assistants and advisors to the Master. They help make decisions and bring new ideas, as well as oversee the Enclave's operations and infiltrate highest circles of society.

Infiltrators - these men and women are the ones who use their charisma and connections to catch more people into the net. They actively seek new associates and sources of information, infiltrate organizations and climb in their ranks to gain better access. Infiltrators also act as a medium between various informants and associates and the Council, relaying information gathered in the field. Many infiltrators rely on more than charisma and double as executors.

Executors - this role is self explanatory. Executors are the strike force of the Enclave, prowling in the shadows, always ready to act in case the Enclave's identity may be compromised or there is a risk to the organization's operations. Executors are not murderers, however. They are a righteous weapon of true justice in hands of those who seek to bring a new universal order. One day they might remove a thorn from the Enclave's side, another remind a stubborn individual of their responsibilities.

Initiates - These future executors and infiltrators still have not gained enough trust to be soulsworn into enclave's ranks. Potential candidates are kept in the dark about most things until they are deemed suitable when they undergo the ritual and are officially welcomed.

Associates - people who often don't realize they work for any organization, or at least know nothing about it. These people generally interact with certain infiltrators, providing information they gather in their day to day life. Associates are either persuaded or bribed, and kept under close observation to ensure they do their job right and don't attempt to act against the Enclave or find too much about it.

Any member who is to learn anything about the Enclave's identity must first become soulsworn - undergo a ritual that creates a soul link with an artifact possessed by and attuned to the Puppet Master. Treachery against the Enclave will cause instant death from agonizing pain as the offender's soul would be torn to shreds.
))

Last edited by Helmheid on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A-possible H cooperation] The Silent Enclave Empty Re: [A-possible H cooperation] The Silent Enclave

Post by Gilran Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:23 am

Illuminati, you'll never take control! I suspected it was inspired by secret sociaties and Illuminati conspiracy theory and at the moment I saw that All-seeing-eye over there it was all clear to me.Very Happy , looking forward to see how it will all turn out. You have my Dwarven Stamp of Approval. Good luck!
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

[A-possible H cooperation] The Silent Enclave Empty Re: [A-possible H cooperation] The Silent Enclave

Post by Helmheid Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:56 am

Forgot to add that the Enclave is based in Ironforge's Forlorn Cavern. Building assignment will be dealt with at the next Senate meeting which Sil'anse will attend with an excuse of looking for a suitable headquarters for the Waning Moon Merchant's Guild.
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 am

hehe sweet idea.. very nicly thaught out
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:35 am

I am a fanatic supporter of this guild and I swear to god if you dwarves drive these guys out of Ironforge I am personally going to hunt down every single dwarf and shave your beards clean off!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Debri wrote:I am a fanatic supporter of this guild and I swear to god if you dwarves drive these guys out of Ironforge I am personally going to hunt down every single dwarf and shave your beards clean off!

Worry not... as soon as they fall victims to Sil'anse's unearthly charm they will rather dir in her defence... Mwahahah.
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Faint echoes can be heard inside your head, a strange unfamiliar female voice "There can be only one... You are too late... For love is the law, love under will and there is nothing above, that is not below, there are no anwers for you to find that is not to be found within yourself, in the spiral of the world I am nothing but a star, but yet I am The star. So go on, keep walking, do not settle down here, for there is no room for the two of us. Unless you kneel"

Now lets walk all away from that *points up* to the really important thing here Smile This is awesome. And I have this weird feeling that there are quite many people who already have made up their minds about ending up in some of these webs Smile
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Alstair Crowley is strong in this one. I approve.

"I have never grown out of the infantile belief that the universe was made for me to suck. Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people."
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Lovely stuff, the details make it sound even better. Always up for being a 'contact' of sorts on either Valerias or Aniane, though as they both have other loyalties it would be more that they would be happy to take jobs / be eyes and ears / that sort of thing.

I've also been sad that there hasn't been that much intrigue in politics for awhile. Looking forward to seeing you work on influencing some councillors Wink
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:44 pm

The matter is in the hands of the Senate now, and hopefully at next week's meeting Waning Moon Merchant's Guild will be given clearance to purchase the building complex in the Forlorn Cavern. Perhaps Sil should have came to the meeting with a crate of gold and gems, by now dwarves would be carrying her around and sweeping the cavern clean Very Happy
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 am

I would like to add that Silent Enclave is now looking for members in order to organize initial events. These members will not initially be aware that they work with an anarchist organization planning to take over the world - officially they will work with a merchant company where they will be subjected to Sil'anse's ideology. As such we will work establishing trade relations, running caravans and smuggling on certain occasions, however the illegal aspects we will leave in hands of professional criminals Smile We are also looking to arrange some OOC roleplay with the realm's nobility, governments, gangs, cults, churches and everyone else that matters to put us on the scene and do some interesting rp!
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Was thinking about a guild like this, actually. And I also intended for the main rank to be the 'Puppet Master'!
In more news; Goodluck, I'm glad you're bringing roleplay to Ironforge- a much needed thing.

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Due to the fact I had to edit the character concept of Sil'anse slightly and to fit the idea better, I had to change one thing slightly - the trade company Sil'anse runs changes name from Waning Moon Merchandise to Silent Sun Merchandise. I thought of Seven Suns, inspired by Baldur's Gate, but SIlent Sun fits the shadowy organization behind it a little better!
Those few people I roleplayed with on Sil, please bear in mind that the name is retconned.
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down