Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fable

+12
Norrian/Chezz
Lexgrad
Raelan
Ledgic
BarĂ²th / Olian
Dolerien
Vaell
Gesh
Drustai
Lyniath
Quin
Lorainne/Bridlington
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fable Empty Fable

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Fable
Fable is a series of action role-playing video games for Xbox, Xbox 360, Windows, and Mac OS X platforms. The series is developed by Lionhead Studios and is published by Microsoft Studios.

Setting
The Fable series takes place in the fictional nation of Albion, a state that, at the time of the first game, is composed of numerous autonomous city-states with vast areas of countryside or wilderness in between. The setting originally resembles Medieval England ("Albion" being the oldest name for the island of Great Britain), or traditional fantasy settings like that of The Lord of the Rings. However, the period of time progresses with each game; in Fable II, Albion has advanced to an era similar to that of the Age of Enlightenment, and by Fable III the nation has been unified under a monarchy and is undergoing an "Age of Industry" similar to the real-world 19th-century Industrial Revolution.

In the first Fable, players assume the role of an orphaned boy who is forced into a life of heroism when bandits attack his village, and kidnap his sister. The choices players make in the game affect the perception and reaction to their Hero by the characters of Albion and change the Hero's appearance to mirror what good or evil deeds he has performed. In addition to undertaking quests to learn what happened to the Hero's family, players can engage in optional quests and pursuits such as trading, romance and married life, pub gaming, boxing, and theft. Even so, set quests are the motor of the story development. It is an era between the year 900 and 1100.

Fable II takes place 500 years after the events of the first game. The world slightly resembles a Europe between 1600 and 1800, the time of highwaymen and the Enlightenment. Science and more modern ideas have suppressed the religion and magic of old Albion. Its towns have developed into cities, weaponry is slowly taking advantage of gunpowder, and social, family and economic life present more possibilities - as well as challenges. The sequel basically expands most or all parts of the gaming experience from the previous game, without changing the elementary modes of playing. The continent of Albion is smaller as a game world, since it contains fewer locations, but the locations that remain are more developed and detailed. In contrast to Fable, the solving of set quests is not the basis of the story; rather, the story develops from the player's situation in time and place. This gives the game a sense of more interactivity than the first installment of the series.

In Fable III the setting is 50 years after that of Fable II. The historical development is further advanced since the last version: Albion is experiencing the Industrial Revolution. In all of the versions, the moral development (in a negative or a positive way) is at the core of the gameplay. In this latest version, this moral development is expanded to include not only the personal or psychological but also a more political aspect, as the goal of the game is to overthrow the oppressive king of Albion, as well as defend the continent from attacks from abroad.

Gameplay

As a role-playing game (RPG), the Fable series constructs the development of a protagonist controlled by the player, and the development is related to the same character's interaction with the game world. A major part of this interaction is for the Fable series related to interaction with people, be it conversation, story-telling, education, trading, gaming, courting and relationships, or fighting.

The player is able to develop the protagonist following several parameters, such as magic, strength and social skills. The player may also direct the moral quality of the protagonist, so that skills may be developed in equal terms and conditions both in the negative and positive field.

In addition to this basis of the gameplay, some of the version focus on set quest that together give the protagonist the opportunity to develop, as well as unveiling strands of the story of the game.

Fable II and III also include cooperative gameplay, where two players with their own character can join forces in their different tasks.

Installments and releases
The first version of the game, Fable, shipped for Xbox on 14 September 2004. An extended version of this first installment, Fable: The Lost Chapters, was released for Windows and Xbox in September 2005; Feral Interactive ported the game to the Mac platform on 31 March 2008.

The proper sequel of the series, Fable II, was released for Xbox 360 24 October 2008. A third installment of the game, Fable III, was released for Xbox 360 29 October 2010, with a Microsoft Windows release confirmed for 17 March 2011.

According to Peter Molyneux, Lionhead Studios currently has plans for the 4th and 5th Fable installments.

At E3 2011 the latest installment in the series was announced, entitled Fable: The Journey. However Fable: The Journey should not be confused with Fable lV. Fable: The Journey is actually a separate game within the series and is clearly differentiated from the first 3 installments of the series. It has been understood as somewhat like a spin-off from the "hero bloodline" storyline of the previous games. It is expected to be released late 2012.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable_%28video_game_series%29
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Fable Empty Re: Fable

Post by Quin Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Fable 1 was not as good as Molyneux sold it to be. Fable 2 was shit. Fable 3 was cancer.

In this thread people that dont like video games
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Why the long copypaste?
Also, so many happy memories of my favourite game on Xbox 1. The sequels are lacking however.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Since there might be people that don't know the series, and would like to know more without any spoilers or bias!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:37 pm

The first game is really good.
Only played 20% of the sequel.
I have Fable 3, it's alright as a hack n slash but it's very linear and very very short, for what's supposed to be an RPG.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 pm

The first game had the best story, but was still very overhyped for what it ultimately turned out to be.

Didn't play the second.

Third was fun, but incredibly anticlimatic. The 'second half' ended not being a 'half' at all.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Luckily when the first one came out I was young and didn't pay much attention to upcoming games. I just got it for xmas
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:22 pm

I loved all of 'em, third was my favorite and the second was my least favorite, I'd still happily play all of them again!, but sadly my xbox is else where.

Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Vec wrote:I loved all of 'em, third was my favorite and the second was my least favorite, I'd still happily play all of them again!, but sadly my xbox is else where.

Same!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:34 pm

I loved the art style and general feel that the 3rd had, but it was just... there could have been so much more to it. There's too few customiseables (clothes, hair, tattoos), and it's too short.
I didn't like Fable 2 because no matter what I did my character always ended up fat.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Fable: The Journey. I'm not sure whether to cheer or cry.

Your thoughts so far?
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:06 am

Lyniath wrote:
I didn't like Fable 2 because no matter what I did my character always ended up fat.
THIS!

I love the Fable games, though I've barely played any of the third. The second one though... I always ended up as a butch, fat, lesbian, demon looking fella.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:36 am

You aren't a fan if you can't quote all of Reaver's lines.

Vaell, you ought to play the third installment. It's amazing!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:20 am

Best cutscene in 3 was Logan's 'This is my Albion' scene.
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by BarĂ²th / Olian Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Loved the first game in the series, mostly because of Jack.

Spoiler:
Who can't love that masked maniac?

The only part of the third game that I genuinely liked was the parts with the Crawler.

Spoiler:
Nearly shit my pants the first time I played through that part.
BarĂ²th / Olian
BarĂ²th / Olian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Despite the first one not delivering half the stuff it promised, I thought it was genuinely good. I spent a lot of time playing it.

The other two however disappointed in pretty much every way for me. I honestly couldn't get into them at all.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:Despite the first one not delivering half the stuff it promised, I thought it was genuinely good. I spent a lot of time playing it.

The other two however disappointed in pretty much every way for me. I honestly couldn't get into them at all.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:04 pm

I was really disappointed when they announced the next games were an on rails kinect shooter and a party arcade brawler.
Lionhead really need to look back on what made people love the first game.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Lyniath wrote:I was really disappointed when they announced the next games were an on rails kinect shooter and a party arcade brawler.
Lionhead really need to look back on what made people love the first game.

I think the big problem with Lionhead, is that they're really big on innovation rather than perfection. With every game they make they're trying to do something new and big and different. So they don't want to look back on what people loved about the first game, because they've already done that. They want to keep experimenting, rather than simply make successful games.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:23 pm

As it should be, in my eyes. Innovation is the key to success!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:13 pm

It certainly helps success, however, a company should never ignore what was "right" about their previous work in favour of something that ends up being bad. I don't personally believe that Fable II or III was anymore innovative than the first one. And on top of that, it wasn't as good either.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:16 pm

I just wished the last part of Fable 3 was longer. It was amazing to be king.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Lexgrad wrote:I just wished the last part of Fable 3 was longer. It was amazing to be king.

Agreed. That was the really big hyped innovative thing and it ended up being so anti-climatic. "... what? That was it? It's already over?"

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:18 pm

I did like the hard choices. Totally hanged my brother! Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:47 pm

It felt too scripted, the entire game (III).
Other games the choices feel natural but it was very much "THIS IS GOOD" and "THIS IS BAD".
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next